Thread: JUNE CONTEST!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default JUNE CONTEST!

Its time for my first contest. As most of us are finishing up our semester soon, I thought what better way than a contest.

Theme: End of study!

Contest hall: Contest will be taking place on a relaxed oval. Spectators will watch from the embankment.

Maximum number of participants: 6. No more than 6 for my first contest. NO RESERVATIONS. Enter with your pokemon and post appeals. Deadline is JUNE 15, 12.00 NOON GMT.

Rounds: 3 rounds.

Maximum pokemon per participant: 2

Structure of rounds -

1st round: All participants will partake of a standard appeals round. Up to two competitors will be eliminated.

2nd round: Remaining participants will partake in a super appeals round. Top two competitors continue on to the final round.

3rd round: Top two competitors will partake in the final round. A special themed event will occur between rounds 2 and 3, and bonus points will be taken to the appeal that best emphasizes said event.

Judge: Myself. DL is on standby should I falter.

Current competitors:
    1. Rossymore - Petallion (Roserade) & Hakuryu (Dragonair)
    2. Men of Honor - Chiuwa (Igglybuff) & Friena (Eevee)
    3. Darth Cookiemonster - Sneasle & Murkrow
    4. Oslo - Nutrigrow (Gloom) & Taxi (Lapras)
    5. Crazy Elf Boy - Poison Ivy (Venusaur) & Keaton (Vulpix)
    6. Razor Leaf - Verne (Octerelly) & Roswell (Magnemite)

Last edited by Ayeun; 8th June 2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Added competitor number 6

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: JUNE CONTEST!

Hai, hai, hai. My exams are next week, and I'm spending my time on this forum instead of revising!

I'll be using Petallion my female Roserade, and Hakuryu, my, also a female, Dragonair.

Appeal up when I've eaten.

Is everyone allowed to participate, if yes than I am going in too
    I use Chiuwa, my female Igglypuff and Friena ,my female Eevee
    Me oral exams are in two weeks too

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm, I'll enter. Never did many contests in the past.

I'll put forward my female Octillery, Verne.

Hrk.. didn't realise it was two pokemon. My bad, not reading properly..

Also adding Roswell, my Magnemite
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 3rd June 2010 at 05:55 PM.

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

ill do this too. ittl be my first

I will use my Icy Colored Female Sneasel, and my female Murkrow.
    Last edited by Darth CookieMonster; 3rd June 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Sure, I'll give it a go. I choose Nutrigrow, my female Gloom, and Taxi, my female Lapras.

I finished exams in April, but that I-hate-studying energy lives in me all year round.
    Last edited by Oslo; 4th June 2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Accidentally called Taxi "Nessie"... :S

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

I will be entering Poison Ivy my Female Venusaur and Keaton my Male Vulpix.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Alright guys. You have until June 15th to post your appeals.

First round is a standard appeal round. One pokemon per team will present their 3 moves, in a way that best demonstrates 'Academic Excellence'
    Last edited by Ayeun; 3rd June 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Elite Trainer

Okay then...I'll go for Hakuryu.

So then, begin with Dragon Dance and, to make it more elaborate, add a Twister to it to really dance around. Then fire an Ice Beam to freeze the Twister and use the speed of the Dragon Dance to shoot out...sorta like an ice cannon.

Master Trainer

Ok Verne, fire a Bubble Beam straight above you so the bubbles start to fall down. Then use Icy Wind to lift them all back up again and freeze them. Finish with a Signal beam to light them all up and pop/shatter them into snow.

Master Trainer

Academic excellence, eh? Alright, Taxi, you're up! Laprases are supposed to be one of the smarter Pokemon, after all, right?

Begin with Hail! As hundreds of tiny hailstones swirl around you, I want you to snatch them all up using Psychic and meld them together into one large icy mass that you will shape into... a book! Behold the pretty ice book! To make the effect purdier, use Confuse Ray on it to illuminate it! Make it shiine!

Advanced Trainer

I guess I will start with Shiva, my female Sneasel. Shiva first off, use Avalanche. Get in front of the falling snow and rock and use surf, to turn the snow into ice! Sfter the snow has hardened into ice, carve yourself some ice armor, ad two swords, with slash. After that put it all on, and become Shiva Knight!

Just waiting on Men of Honor and Razor Leaf. 7 days left guys.

Advanced Trainer

Are they gonna post?

Actually you are waiting on me and Men of Horror (not Razor Leaf).

I will be using Poison Ivy for the first round and going a graduation themed appeal to celebrate your academic excellence. Start off with a Petal Dance to send a mass of leaves into the air before casually falling to the ground. During this time use String Shot to make a Mortarboard (or what ever your preffered name for the graduation cap is) then finish off by flinging this hat with Vine Whip into the air in celebration.

Petal Dance ~ String Shot ~ Vine Whip

Also WHY THE HELL IS THERE A MOVE TUTOR WHICH TEACHES STRING SHOT, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING.

Thanks Crazy. I gave up on reading after my exams.

MoH, you have like just under a day till this closes.

Sorry for being so late, okay Friena. First use double team as often as needed to create a circle of your clones. Then all of you use shadow ball into the top in one point so that the shadow balls will meet and collide . Then use a sunnyday to give the shadowball exblosion a beautiful effect.

Round 1!!!
    Special Theme: Academic excellence!

Up first today, Rossymore and his Hakuryu.

Rossymore takes to the center stage first off, and calls forth his Draignoair, Hakuryu. After a moment of consideration, Rossy begins: Hakuryu, Starti wth a Dragon dance. Next, add a Twister to REALLY get that dance going. Finish off by firing an Ice beam in to the twister, as you up out the top, Dragon dance style!

Confidant in her intelligence, Hakuryu begins her dance. Out of nowhere, a drum starts beating. Very tribal. The dance continues as she adds a Twister in to the mix, above her head. The crowd is impressed as she finishes off by jumping up in to the twisting vortex and fires off her Ice beam. Landing with a soft thud only adds emphasis of her power and superior intellect!

The judge considers this as a successful appeal of Academic excellence, demonstrating adaptive use of the Arts medium, and a superior usage of Interpretative dance. 7 out of 10!

Our second contestant, Men of Horror, and his Friena.

Rushing on stage, a little late, Men of Horror releases his Friena, a cute as a button female Eevee. Gasping for breath, Men of Horror begins. Start with a circular double team. Then, fire a cluster of shadow balls in to a centeral point, which we will focus on with a Sunny day effect.

Freina beings to split and divide, showing all of us how many of her there could be. As a collective, they form a perfect circle, and then proceed to fire their Shadow balls in to a point perfectly central. Tails wagging in unison, the Freina clones summon the sun to hit the point of shadow, providing us with an amazing display of refraction!

The judge smiles, before getting out her compass and ensuring the circle is perfect. An impressive display of Mathematical principals, combined with the scientific theory of refraction (which I had to look up to remember). 8 out of 10!

Third in show: Darth Cookiemonster, and his Shiva.

Taking the stage, Darth Cookiemonster appears relaxed and calm. And why not, when his pokemon of choice is the ever calm and cool, Ice cold Shiva, the female Sneasel. Darth Cookiemonster begins with a nod. Shiva, were going to need an Avalanche. But it won’t be enough, so add your Surf attack to make some usable Ice. Then, using Slash, were going to carve some equiptment. Begin pattern – Shiva knight!
    The Ice queen, Shiva begins to summon the falling ice and snow. The crowd gasps and she ducks in front of it at the last minute, on the crest of a wave that appeared behind it. The water and snow freeze in to a large, usable portion of ice. Quick as you can blink, Shiva begins hacking and slashing away at the ice, Untill she stands triumphant in front of the frozen wave, donned from head to toe in Ice armor, wielding twin swords.

The engineering department just informed me that cutting in to that ice wave has caused structural damage, and we are at risk of having that wave knock us out. The speed and grace displayed would put any of the athletic or gymnastic students to shame. I am just concerned about your structural design. Please see your Manual Arts teacher after the contest. 6.5 out of 10!

We will take a 5 minute recess, and allow some Fire pokemon to melt that wave down before it crushes us to death.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Welcome back. Now that our little icy mess is gone, Let us continue!

Next up, Oslo, and his Taxi!

Oslo quickly takes the stage. Happy and chipper, just like his jumping Snorlax. Believing that brains over brawn will win the day, Oslo calls forth his Taxi, a female Lapras. Lapras happily enjoys splashing in what remains of Shiva’s ice wave, while Oslo whispers instructions.
    It starts to hail. And here I thought we had clear skies for today! Oh, no, that’s Taxi’s doing. Closing her great eyes, she uses her mind to pick up each and every piece of ice, melding them in to... it’s a book! Oh how clever! Opening her eyes, Taxi fires a ray of purple and black light (yes, BLACK light) at the book, causing light and reflections to emanate all around. Those of us wearing white are now affected by a UV lighting effect.

Oslo, I am impressed. Maybe next semester, you would like to volunteer to work in the library? On a plus side, Taxi’s hail has cleaned up the arena of all the residue from the Ice wall. I enjoyed the way you used the skills you have been developing in the Photography department to show us some of the effects of different lights, but we already saw some refraction today. Still, all in all, a good appeal. 7.5 out of 10!

Can we now have to the stage, Crazy elf boy?

Crazy steps foward, and releases his Venasuar, Poison Ivy. Without a word, almost as if this was rehersed from day one, Poison Ivy releases a collections of leaves and petals from her back. As they begin softly falling down, she fires a string shot from her mouth, crafting it in to a graduation cap. Finally landing on her head, she grasps it with a Vine whip, and launches it skyward!
    I am speechless. An appeal like this shows an amazing display of the Arts medium, with a professional display of rigorous training and skill. I have no choice to award near full marks here. 9 out of 10

The crowd hushes as Razor Leaf takes the stage.

A bit stunned after Crazy Elf Boys performance, Razor Leaf prepares his Pokeball. Out plops Verne, the female Octerelly. Considering his moves before he acts, Razor Leaf instructs Verne: Bubble beam up, use Icy wind to keep them afloat for a bit longer, then pop and shatter them with Signal beam.
    Verne pops her head back, looking skyward. Out of her small mouth, an array of bubbles appears flying high in the sky, caught in the breeze. As they spread out, Verne again opens her mouth, this time blowing out a cool wind, turning some of the bubbles in to Icy spheres, while others continue to scatter about. Finally, in quick succession, Verne fires off a set of Signal Beams, popping all of the bubbles, causing gentle snow to fall down on the crowd.

An impressive finish, Mr Razor Leaf. It was a shame to see you destroy all of those bubbles, some of them would have made for excellent keepsakes from today’s contest. I was impressed how you applied your scientific skills to allow for perfect wind trajectory and distribution. Perhaps you should look at a career in Aerospace engineering? 7.5 out of 10!

Point standings after round 1:

1. Rossymore - 7
    2. Men of Horror - 8
    3. Darth Cookiemonster – 6.5
    4. Oslo – 7.5
    5. Crazy Elf Boy - 9
    6. Razor Leaf – 7.5

Unfortunately, we have to eliminate 2 of our competitors now. My apologies to Rossymore, and Darth Cookiemonster. The remaining competitors will participate in round 2!

Round 2 will be:

Using your remaining pokemon, demonstrate Study skills and intelligence in four (4) moves. The top two points scorers after round two will continue on to our final.

Deadline for round 2 appeals: 22nd of June.
    Last edited by Ayeun; 17th June 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Elite Trainer

Bugger.

Sorry, Haku, you'll get your debut next time. So that's contests out of the picture. Guess reffing is the best thing I got goin' for me.

Good luck to everyone else there.

Master Trainer

I don't think an elimination from one measly little contest is any reason for you to put them out of the picture, Rossymore. Your appeal was friggin' cool!

Advanced Trainer

Bummer. Oh well, there is always next time!

Just reminding you all, You only have 2 more days!

Master Trainer

Alrighty, Nutrigrow! Time to give 'em an appeal that shows all the required steps for a successful study session.

First, you need to create a calm atmosphere in which you can focus. Alright, Nutrigrow, immerse yourself in a Sweet Scent to put your pre-exam nerves at ease! Then, you need to properly energize yourself, so form an Energy Ball and swallow it to boost your stamina. Afterward, you need to be dedicated... that's why I want you to Ingrain, Nutrigrow! Demonstrate your commitment and diligence by rooting yourself to the ground! Finally, before competing an exam, you need to give your body its proper quotient of sleep. Nutrigrow, finish off with a Rest!

And that, folks, is how you study.

Master Trainer

Ok Roswell, studying and passing an exam will only work if everything you do is working properly. That means you need to be like a well oiled engine. I think you can pull off the same effect.

Create a Magnet Bomb but hold it in place instead of letting it go. Now start spinning with Gyro Ball and get the bomb spinning too. Whilst you're spinning, use Spark to light yourself up, then release the bomb so it goes shooting off. Now stop quickly and fire a Flash Cannon directly at the Magnet Bomb to destroy it.

Ok start off with a Safeguard to calm your self down for the exam before Psyching yourself up in preperation for it. The ace it with a Flare Blitz before celebrating your victory with a Howl.

Safeguard ~ Psych Up ~ Flare Blitz ~ Howl

Great Job Friena, you did very well .Now then, lets go Chiuwa....first use rain dance and chill a bit in the rain. Then use rollout in a circle. Then while you are using rollout use double team to multiply yourself and then finally let out a powerfull thunder.

rain dance - rollout - double team - thunder
    Last edited by men of horror; 22nd June 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Sorry Men of Horror if it wasn't clear. For the second round, you have to use your 2nd pokemon, ie: Chiuwa the Igglybuff.

Oh , alright, I`ll edit my previous post

Sorry boys. My mum broke her foot over the weekend, so I have been playing nurse for her. I will have this posted by tomorrow.

Master Trainer

Sorry to hear about your mom. Out of curiosity, is this thing still a go or have its vitals faded?

Im going to cut the 3rd round out of the contest, and I will have the results posted in the next hour or so. Its been a bit hard is all, looking after my mum and stuff.

Hez, dont worry about it. Just pot when you have enough tim

Master Trainer

Sorry if this sounds badgery or whatever, but has this slipped away to the land of forgotten and discarded contests?

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O Yo Ayeun, if you feel its too much, lemme know. You've dOne a great job thus far and I hate to see your first contest go down the drain :O...

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Round 2.

First off, apologies for all the delays. My mother broke her foot, as was mentioned above, so I have had to look after her in all regards of living aspects (dressing, showers, walking, shopping, ect.), but then to add insult to injury, my father was involved in a car crash, adding the number of cripples I was looking after to two. I know most of you don’t care, and I should have had this done earlier, but sorry. Real life comes first.

Moving on.

First off the bat this time round, we will go from lowest to highest on the points ladder, so Oslo will be the first to appeal.

Oslo and his Nutrigrow take to the stage. In preparation for examinations, Nutrigrow knows that sleep and rest are very important. Nutrigrow releases an aroma of sweet scents, relaxing all those around, calming down any worries or stresses they may have had pre-exams. One also needs energy for examinations, so Nutrigrow creates and then swallows an Energy ball, glowing with energy and power. Laying down her roots, Nutrigrow sets herself up to stick through the exam process. But as we all know, you have to sleep before your exams, and with that. Nutrigrow dozes off to take a super quick power nap!
    As everyone knows, rest and relaxation are vital for studies. Adding the ingrain ensures that you are also getting the vital nutrients required. I will add a bonus point for using my semi-signature move (swallowing energy ball) because sucking up to the examinaers always helps. 8 out of 10 + 1 bonus point for a total of 9 out of 10

Second, will be Razor Leaf, and his Magnemite, Roswell.

As every young magnemite knows, being a machine means maintenance. For our young Roswell, this means making sure all its little parts are working. Being a living magnet, Roswell creates a Magnet bomb from debris left over after round 1, holding it in place above its little head. Magnets – Check! Starting to spin, Roswell makes sure that the bomb above its head spins too. Gyroscope – Check! Charging up, Roswell releases a spark, releasing the Magnet bomb, which soars above the crowd. Electricity – Check! Targeting the sailing bomb, Roswell fires off a flash cannon, destroying the bomb, and illuminating the shards and sparks. Targeting sensors – Check! Examination preparation – Complete!
    Glad to see that some people maintain their pokemon, ensuring that they are avabile for optimal performance. Risky manoeuvre with the Magnet bomb and the crowd, but it all payed off in the end. 8 out of 10

*~*~*~*~*~*~* 5 minute recess. Tea and coffee are available at the back. *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Third off the bat, and fresh from the coffee break, Men of Horror and his Igglybuff, Chiuwa.

Chiuwa starts off with a little dance, bringing the rain out. The crowd, AND the judge all get wet, but Chiuwa relaxes in the rain. Happy and chipper, despite the rain, Chiuwa rolls around in circles, creating clones of herself as she goes. Finishing off with a strike of Thunder, Chiuwa stands, and bows.
    Well... I am wet. Not happy about that. Also, I fail to see how this is preparing for examinations. A good appeal, but I am deduction points for missing the point. 6 out of 10

And now. Our point leader, Crazy Elf Boy, and his Vulpix, Keaton.

Starting off with a safeguard to protect his mind, followed by a Psych up to prepare his body, Keaton is bounding with energy for Exams! Sure that he is going to ace it, Keaton shows off his Flare blitz, followed by a victory Howl.
    Impressive. Dedication and preparation for the exams are great, but your confidence may be the undoing of you. 8 out of 10

Points after round 2:

Rossymore – 7/20
    Men of Horror – 8 + 6 = 14/20
    Darth Cookiemonster – 6.5/20
    Oslo – 7.5 + 9 = 16.5/20
    Crazy Elf Boy – 9 + 8 = 17/20
    Razor Leaf – 7.5 + 8 = 15.5/20

Our winner is:

Crazy Elf Boy, who receives 4 points!

Second place is:
    Oslo, who receives 3 points.

All other competitors receive 1 point each!

Congratulations all, and thank you for coming.

DL, just saw your post as I posted this. Was working on it again in the background. Been a bit rough with everyone getting crippled. Couldn't recall the points and how they worked, so I just gave what I felt was deserved. Hope that's call and all...

Master Trainer

Yay, that was fun. :3 And yes, real life does go first, so I apologize for pestering.

I hope your mother and father are in good health soon enough! *hugs*

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    I am wet. Not happy about that.
    *snerk* Liar...

Anyway, congratulations to our winner, Crazy Elf Boy. I proudly award you the Valedictorian Ribbon.

See y'all next time!
    Last edited by Blademaster; 13th July 2010 at 01:03 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Ayeun: That's cool. I really dun mind the point distribution . I'm jus' glad you took the time to deal with RL first

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.