Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaos vs Ayeun [Ref: Oslo]

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Chaos vs Ayeun [Ref: Oslo]

So, I'd been contemplating sorta coming back, and only doing one or two matches, and Ayeun started saying I should come back so I can give her a rematch and prove that she still can't beat me. So, I figured, what the hell? Here I am. Let's go. (Just remind me on msn if I forget)

3v3.
    No fancy arena. That way, I don't hear about how digging under an icy lake should be fine. Just the indigo plataeu standard.
    DQ: 2 weeks.
    Banned: Banned moves are for weaklings.
    I send first, you attack first.

I send out Goku, my male Ambipom.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 19th June 2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added in ref, now that details are sorted.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: Chaos vs Ayeun [Ref: ???]

I respond with my new Lotad, Lily. If were using abilitys, she has Rain dish.

Lily, lets start with a Nature Power, followed by a Energy ball. Finish off with a Leach seed. If Ambipom trys to avoid leach seed, use Rain dance instead. If he trys to attract, counter it with your own attract.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I don't think I ever posted abilities for any of my pokemon, so, no abilities. Sorry about that.

Considering you have a sub of attract, I assume your Lily is female.

In any case, start the match off by flinging sand in it's eyes. Then, remind it that it's gonna grow up to be an oversized pineapple duck, before flinging more sand in it's eyes.

Sand Attack ~ Taunt ~ Sand Attack

Lets hope Oslo doesn't come and ref this... Oslo and I ♥ Ludicodo!

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Where do you think I got the comment from?

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Let's hope Oslo doesn't come and what? *grin*

Will ref.

Oversized pineapple duck. <3

EDIT: And here it is!

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

Rules: n/a
    Abilities: Inactive
    DQ Time: Two weeks

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 1 ‡

Good day, ladies and gents! Welcome to the often-visited Indigo Plateau stadium, where the atmosphere is generic and the surroundings are nondescript… just how we like ‘em! Two steely fighters step beneath the hot arena lights for a rematch of epic proportions. On one side, we have we have Chaos, the owner of a Mismagius I kind-of-sort-of have a personal vendetta against. On the other, we have Ayeun holding her adorable Lotad in her arms. Hi, Lily! *overzealous wave*

Chaos releases first, plucking a Pokeball from his belt and giving it a toss. A many-tailed purple simian I remember well pops out, swinging his arms fiercely in imitation of his namesake. Meanwhile, Ayeun bends over and lets Lily hop out of her arms and into the fray. It’s on!

Goku is the first to strike. Finding a patch of sand on the ground (does nobody sweep this place?) the Ambipom scoops it up in one of his tails and flings it at poor Lily! How rude! The sand stings the Lotad’s eyes and, well, she looks pretty pissed. Lily responds by drawing on power from the vicinity and releasing a powerful triple beam of fire, ice and electric energy. The move strikes Goku and knocks the Ambipom onto his bottom. How do you like them bananas?

Goku: <-8 HP; -3 EP>
    Lily: <-8 EP; -1 Acc>

Hopping back to his feet, Goku giggles as Lily tries in vain to rub the sand out of her eyes. Then, three nerve-striking words come spilling out of the dirty ape’s mouth: Oversized pineapple duck. Oh, no you di-in’t! Lily is thrown into such a fury that she spews out a crackling ball of natural energy at Goku. The move strikes and, well, he’s not looking so cheeky all of a sudden.

Goku: <-6 HP; -4 EP>
    Lily: <-4 EP; Taunted>

Determined to really do some damage to that little pipsqueak’s visual acuity, Goku scoops up even more sand and flings it at Lily. At this point, the little guy is both near-blind and suffering a bruised ego. Really, what else could you expect a blind-and-sad Lotad to do but sit down and sulk?

Goku: <-3 EP>
    Lily: <-1 Acc>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Coincidentally, I read through your first battle last night... and I'm glad to be reffing this!
    > Lily will remain Taunted for two more actions
    > At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume
    > TEAM CHAOS to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 19th June 2010 at 08:16 AM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Where did my burn and -1 acc come from? Side effect of the nature power? Also, there are no abilities, since I never actually set mine up. And there are no banned moves, unless a request appeared that I didn't notice, in which case, you shouldn't be reffing until everyone involved has agreed.

In any case, let the rampaging monkey act begin. She's got enough sand in her eyes for the time being. Show off your speed with Agility, then fire off some gunk with a Gunk Shot. Finally, flirt a bit, to show that you aren't racist (speciesist?) against overgrown pineapple ducks.

Agility ~ Gunk Shot ~ Attract.

Nature power seemed to work well, so lets us it twice. Then fire off a quick Flash to prevent that attract.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    Where did my burn and -1 acc come from? Side effect of the nature power? Also, there are no abilities, since I never actually set mine up. And there are no banned moves, unless a request appeared that I didn't notice, in which case, you shouldn't be reffing until everyone involved has agreed.
    Calm your business. *wink* I just copied and pasted my reffing template from another battle and forgot to delete/change some stuff (except I did delete the Burn/-1 Acc twenty minutes before you posted)...

Will have this up tonight.

EDIT: Voila...

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 2 ‡

As we enter the next round, Lily hops to her feet with renewed motivation. It’s on! Goku shows off his superior speed by racing circles around the Lotad. Blinking profusely through the sand, Lily does her darnedest to keep her gaze focused on the purple simian. Finally, she releases a second Nature Power that once again forks into three beams: one of fire, one of ice and one of electricity. The move grazes one of the Ambipom’s tails, causing him to stumble a bit, but ultimately deals less damage than a full-on hit would. You can’t win ‘em all, I guess.

Goku: <-4 HP; -4 EP; +2 Spd>
    Lily: <-8 EP>

Goku comes to a halt, nursing his stinging tail. Irked, he hacks up some goo from his stomach (uhh… ew?) and spits it at Lily. The toxic stuff bubbles and burns as it strikes Lily for some pretty potent damage. Still, she keeps composed long enough to fire off a second Nature Power. This time, she scores a perfect hit with her triple-beamed assault. Three cheers!

Goku: <-8 HP; -8 EP>
    Lily: <-12 HP; -8 EP>

As the memory of those nasty insults all but fades from Lily’s mind, she’s ready to come off the offensive and play with some stats. Goku winks and flexes his mighty monkey arms for Lily and… uh-oh, that’s an Attract! Not knowing how she could possibly resist such magnetic attraction, she fires off a rapid Flash in a panic. The arena becomes bathed in harsh light for a moment. Ahh, did the move work? Did Attract take hold? As the light dissipates, we’re given our answer: Lily stares at Goku with a dreamy look on her faces and lets out a sigh.

Positively smitten.

Goku: <-3 EP; -1 Acc>
    Lily: <-3 EP; Attracted>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Lily will remain Attracted for three more rounds
    > TEAM AYEUN to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 21st June 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: Chaos vs Ayeun [Ref: Oslo]

So, the monkey wants to make it hard for us to hit him?

Sweet scent, followed by a consumed Energy ball, and finish off with a Bullet seed.

If he trys something tricky, I want you to counter it with soaking from Water gun

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

OK... He wants something tricky, so let's start plotting. Nasty Plot. Does that count as tricky? Follow it up with a Swift, and finish off with Thunderbolt.

Nasty Plot ~ Swift ~ Thunderbolt

FYI - Nasty plot does not = tricky.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well, you should have been more specific in your sub...

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 3 ‡

Goku begins the round by trying to concoct a little Nasty Plot. Smirking, Lily counters by doing a little spin on the spot, releasing a fragrant aroma from her lilypad. The scent wafts over toward Goku, who gets plunged into a temporary state of peace and relaxation. He tries to work out the details of that hair-brained scheme of his, but it’s hard to be evil or even the teensiest bit nasty when your nostrils are soaking up the coalescing scents of patchouli and lavender.

Goku: <Ahh…>
    Lily: <-3 EP>

Soon, the Sweet Scent diffuses into the air and the odour fades away. Ever vigilant, Goku snaps back into things and grimaces. He then fires off a volley of shimmering stars at Lily. Though covered in scrapes and cuts, she doesn’t seem to mind, to be honest. So long as she has that big, strong Ambipom over there to gaze at, she can’t bother worrying about a few wounds… or about, y’know, attacking and stuff…

Goku: <-4 EP>
    Lily: <-6 HP; *heart*>

Goku giggles. He fires off a crackling surge of electricity that does a good job of frying up Lily, though the Lotad fires back with an onslaught of tiny, rock-hard seeds. Fortunately, she manages to bypass that pesky Accuracy reduction and successfully pelts the purple simian several times in the face. Take that!

Goku: <-6 HP; -7 EP>
    Lily: <-7 HP; -4 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> I decided not to got through with Ayeun's Water Gun sub since I agree that there's nothing particularly tricky about a stat boost. *shrugs* However, I think Chaos is right that subs should be as specific as reasonably possible, since vague subs force the ref to make a judgment call and, when that happens, there's a chance that things might not go exactly as you hope.
    > Lily will remain Attracted for two more rounds

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I was perfectly fine with the sub being ignored. I just wanted to make it clear that it needs to be specific. And while the stat boost might not be tricky, it is "plotting something", which indicates tricky.

Aerial Ace ~ Gunk Shot ~ Aerial Ace

Sub: If ayeun uses a move that magic coat can reflect, use magic coat for that move.

Oops. I thought I responded to this already.

Rain dance ~ Bubble beam ~ Bullet seed.

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 4 ‡

Still commanding a minimal lead, Lily stares down Goku with increased confidence. The Long Tail Pokemon seems unfazed by the health disparity and bounds into the air, performing a spinning aerial maneuver that ends as he brings his tails slamming down on the Lotad’s lilypad. Lily then does a bit of a jig, causing stormclouds to roil overhead and water to come spilling down over the match. Ahh! How rejuvenating!

Lily: <-7 HP; -3 EP>

Pelted by raindrops, Goku spews out another glob of toxic goo that smacks into Lily. The stuff bubbles and burns and, all of a sudden, Lily doesn’t seem to be feeling so well. Fighting off poison and Attraction, Lily still succeeds in spewing out a barrage of wee bubbles that burst upon impact with Goku.

Goku: <-9 HP; -8 EP>
    Lily: <-12 HP; -4 EP; Poisoned>

Goku isn’t about to let a few measly bubbles get him down, no sirree. The purple simian springs forward with another Aerial Ace that smarts upon impact. Lily manages to execute another attack despite her undeniable Attraction to Goku but the Bullet Seed goes wide, missing the Ambipom by a good couple of feet. Drat.

Lily: <-7 HP; -4 EP>

Lily grimaces as the poison does what it does best. <-3 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Unless overcome, Rain Dance will last for two more rounds
    > Lily will remain Attracted for one more round

Surf ~ Blizzard ~ Frustration.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sunny Day ~ Nasty Plot ~ Solar Beam

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 5 ‡

Now that her lead’s been taken from her, Lily looks decidedly pissed. She imagines smiting Goku with a nice, frothy wave, but the image of that dreamy Ambipom drowning is just too much for her. Instead, she looks on with a slack-mouthed smile as Goku claps his hands once. Suddenly, harsh sunlight filters in from above and bathes the arena in a warm glow. Rain? What rain?

Goku: <-4 EP>
    Lily: <*heart*>

With no Sweet Scent to foil his plan this time around, Goku begins concocting a Nasty Plot that results in a sharp boost in his ranged attack. Lily responds by commanding a harsh Blizzard to come sweeping into the battle, sending a cold chill through our purple simian.

Goku: <-10 HP; -4 EP; +2 SpA>
    Lily: <-10 EP>

As the snow dissipates, Goku begins accruing solar power. The harsh sunlight charges up the attack in no time at all, allowing Goku to release a concentrated beam of crude energy at Lily. Ouchies. Irked by her Attraction and her Poisoned state, Lily bounces toward Goku and begins pummeling the simian with every last whit of strength she can muster. That girl has raaage problems…

Goku: <-8 HP; -10 EP>
    Lily: <-16 HP; -8 EP>

Lily grimaces as the poison does what it does best <-3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Unless overcome, Sunny Day will last for two more rounds

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Just to check, whatever happened to my +2 Spd from agility a few rounds ago? In any case...

Aerial Ace ~ Aerial Ace ~ Aerial Ace

Sub: If ayeun uses a move that magic coat can reflect, use magic coat for that move.

Synthisis ~ Icy wind ~ Zen Headbut.

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 6 ‡

Exhaling deeply, Lily grins. Her opportunity to vent her anger has helped her regain her focus and she’s a brand new Lotad as we enter a new round. Goku strikes her with a spinning aerial maneuver, but she responds by opening herself to the sunlight. The warmth eases her sores and provides her with renewed fortitude. It’s on, bud!

Lily: <-7 HP; +20 HP; -20 EP>

Aerial Ace no. 2 comes streaking toward Lily. She responds by commanding a frigid wind to come tearing down the pitch, putting the Ambipom on ice.

Goku: <-5 HP; -3 EP>
    Lily: <-7 HP; -3 EP>

Once more, Goku hops into the air with a spin and lands right atop poor Lily. Her forehead glows pink and she tries to bring it ramming into her foe, but Goku dekes at the last second and evades the attack. Lily growls. Is that anger mounting again? Methinks it is…

Lily: <-7 HP; -6 EP>

Lily grimaces as the poison does what it does best <-3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Unless overcome, Sunny Day will last for one more round

Frustration x 3

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Wait... Aerial Ace missed because it drew in sunlight? I'm gonna have to question that. A must hit move?

You hit me all 3 times for 7 dmg
    check the charts

Master Trainer

Yeah, none of the Aerial Aces missed...

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Solarbeam ~ Aerial Ace ~ Aerial Ace

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 7 ‡

Goku closes his eyes and begins drawing in energy. The Ambipom soaks up the warmth of the glowing sun before firing off another beam of hot, Grass-type energy that collides with poor Lily for some impressive damage. Irked, though not nearly as much as she was the last time she tried this move, Lily begins venting her Frustration on Goku.

Goku: <-6 HP; -10 EP>
    Lily: <-16 HP; -4 EP; -1 HP from fatigue>

Here’s the clincher. Left weak and panting, Lily cannot muster any kind of defensive maneuver and is left entirely vulnerable to the Aerial Ace that finishes her off. You did well, little guy.

Lily: <-7 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM AYEUN to release next

I summon Ms Skitty-fantastico, the Female Skitty, in ATTACK MODE!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oslo, how does Baton Pass work for you?

Master Trainer

Ooh, good question! For the most part, it's pretty standard: if Goku were to use Baton Pass, his stat changes would be passed to whatever new Pokemon you selected, and he would become effectively "locked in" as one of your three battlers for this match. (Meaning that, if your other two eventually fainted, you would have to call Goku back out.) Essentially, if Goku were to use Baton Pass, that consumes one action. Then, whatever Pokemon you sent out in his stead would have two actions left for this round. Likewise, if Goku were to use one attack before using Baton Pass, the replacement Pokemon would have only one action.

I've never reffed Baton Pass, but that's how I've always envisioned it being used.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

OK. So...

Brick Break ~ Brick Break ~ Baton-Pass to Slimepot, my Male Muk.

Well then. Lets start off with your feline charms... Attract, Charm, and then welcome the new mum with a tickle.

Attract ~ Charm ~ Tickle

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 8 ‡

After a good fight, Lily returns to her Pokeball for a bit of rest. Ayeun then replaces the Lotad with a chipper pink kitten who meows upon entering the fray. Ooh, it’s on! Goku slams Ms. Skitty-fantastico in the face with an open-palmed strike. The Skitty shakes off the blow, batting her eyelashes and purring softly at Goku, whose cheeks suddenly curve into a slack-faced grin. Uh-oh.

Goku: <-4 EP; Attracted>
    Ms. Skitty-fantastico: <-9 HP; -3 EP>

Golly, that’s one lovely Skitty. Immobilized by love, Goku looks on helplessly as Ms. Skitty-fantastico makes her approach. She nuzzles Goku and purrs, using her looks and Charm to win over the Ambipom’s heart. All of a sudden, he seems a good deal less mighty.

Goku: <*heart*; -2 Att>
    Ms. Skitty-fantastico: <-3 EP>

Ooh, time for things to get interesting. Goku extends his arm and a shiny red baton materializes in his hand. The baton begins to glow as he imbues it with the unique changes to his stats and, with a flourish, he tosses the thing up into the air. As the baton flies skyward, Chaos recalls Goku to his ball and summons a stinky splotch of goo onto the field. Slimepot reaches up his arm to catch the baton and, suddenly, all the stat changes held by the baton rush into the Muk. With that, Ms. Skitty-fantastico scurries up to Goku and begins Tickling him with her tail, catching him off-guard.

Slimepot: <-1 Att; -1 Def>
    Ms. Skitty-fantastico: <-3 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Attract isn't passed over when Baton Pass is used

Just out of curiosity, don't status effects pass on with Batton pass? Shouldn't Slimepot be attracted as a result?

None the less:

Skitty-fantastico, lets calm down. It a ball of sludge, so Calm your mind. Then, make a Wish, and fire off a mud-bomb to end this round.

Calm mind ~ Wish ~ Mud bomb

Master Trainer

Attraction is the exception to that.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Taunt ~ Toxic ~ Sludge Bomb

Master Trainer

TEAM CHAOS
    versus
    TEAM AYEUN

‡ Pre-Round ‡
    ‡ Round 9 ‡

As the next round gets underway, Slimepot and Ms. Skitty-fantastico exchange a couple of non-damaging moves. Ms. Skitty calms her spirits and hones her battle prowess, while Slimepot comments that she has fleas. But… but it’s just not true! Poor Skitty. She peers at the ground and sighs, losing a bit of her fighting spirit. Aww, there there.

Slimepot: <-4 EP>
    Ms. Skitty-fantastico: <-2 EP; +1 SpA; +1 SpD; Taunted>

Laughing in some menacing baritone, Slimepot hacks up some Toxic gunk from his throat and spews it at Ms. Skitty-fantastico, who begins to feel a little on the ill side. Between that and those nasty comments still fresh in her mind, she just can’t muster up the energy to make something as happy and hopeful as a simple Wish. How tragic.

Slimepot: <-4 EP>
    Ms. Skitty-fantastico: <Badly poisoned>

It’s bomb on bomb as the two fighters exchange a couple of potent moves. Ms. Skitty-fantastico’s Mud Bomb and Slimepot’s Sludge Bomb fly past one another in the air before striking their respective targets. Ooh. Bombs.

Slimepot: <-11 HP; -8 EP>
    Ms. Skitty-fantastico: <-10 HP; -4 EP>

Poor Ms. Skitty-fantastico doesn't seem to be enjoying the effects of that Toxic so much. <-3 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Ms. Skitty-fantastico will remain Taunted for three more actions
    > Damage incurred by Toxic will increase arithmetically by a factor of two (3, 5, 7, 9, etc.)
    > TEAM AYEUN TEAM CHAOS to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 6th July 2010 at 07:42 PM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's actually me attacking next... Hmm... Looking over my list of modifiers, I've got no change to evasion....

Captivate ~ Minimize ~ Sludge Bomb