Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [T] Championship Bout: UC vs Blade

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default [T] Championship Bout: UC vs Blade

Arena: Electrified Steel cage.
    Damage Caps: None
    Banned Moves: Tourney Banned moves only.
    Outside factors: Electrocution takes away 2HP every time you hit the cage.

You've proved to have bested the others, and you only one of you can claim the prize at the end of the this battle. Whom will it be! A Double Battle decides it all!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: [T] Championship Bout: UC vs Blade

Alright, UC. Have we agreed on a turn order?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Can I say bagsy ref?

Yeah if your happy with sending first we'll go with that.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Alright then... Let's get this party started! *palms two Pokeballs*

Charizard(M)! Tim Speedle the Ninetales(M)! I choose YOU!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Is that....MY Charizard?

Well since i made the change ill go with Nidoking (m...duh) and Gengar(f) Woo RBY battle!

Nidoking lead off with a Rockslide at Charizard then Earth Power at Ninetales. End with an Aqua Tail at Ninetales.

Gengar lets start you off with a Rain Dance and follow with a Thunder at Charizard. End with Confuse Ray, also at Charizard.

Nidoking - Rockslide ~ Earth Power ~ Aqua Tail
    Gengar - Rain Dance ~ Thunder ~ Confuse Ray

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Rossy: All yours!

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Veteran Trainer

Yes, it is him alright.

Tim, use Hypnosis on Nidoking before he can use Rock Slide. He's GOTTA be slower than you. Then use Will-O-Wisp on Gengar. Finally, jump in front of Charizard, and use Magic Coat to send her Confuse Ray right back at her.

Charizard, use Sunny Day to counter that Rain Dance (LOL Sunny Day + Thunder) Then hit Nidoking with Will-O-Wisp. Watch out for that Thunder attack - there's still a chance it could hit you. If you see it coming at you, use Aerial Ace to evade it and land a quick hit on Gengar. Finally, Crunch her after Tim's Magic Coat activates.

Move(T): Hypnosis(N), Will-O-Wisp(G), Magic Coat(G)

Move(C): Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp((N) if Thunder misses), Crunch(G)
    Sub(C): -----------, Aerial Ace((G) if Thunder isn't gonna miss), ---

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

*Spectates*

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Elite Trainer

And thus the insanity begins...

Round 1

Arena
    The finals will take place inside an electrified cage, a few hundred feet above the air and held up by sixteen individually coloured cranes. Should you touch the cage, then 2HP will be taken off. There's plenty of room as all four Pokemon =/ half a Wailord. There will be no Damage Cap, a DQ of 5 days, and enough banned moves to keep me and my Wobbuffet busy (Wobbuffet!)

Team of Finalist Blade (OO)
    [M][Charizard] || [Tim Speedle][M]
    HP 100 || 100 HP
    EN 100 || 100 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*
    *Charizard's Attacks* Sunny Day ~ Will-o-Wisp (N)/Aerial Ace (G) ~ Crunch (G) *Charizard's Attacks*
    *Tim Speedle's Attacks* Hypnosis (N) ~ Will-o-Wisp (G) ~ Magic Coat *Tim Speedle's Attacks*

Team of Finalist Ultimate (OO)
    [M][Nidoking] || [Gengar][F]
    HP 100 || 100 HP
    EN 100 || 100 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*
    *Nidoking's Attacks* Rock Slide (C) ~ Earth Power (T) ~ Aqua Tail (T) *Nidoking's Attacks*
    *Gengar's Attacks* Rain Dance ~ Thunder (C) ~ Confuse Ray (C) *Gengar's Attacks*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO THE TPMASB MONO-TYPE TOURNAMENT FINALS!!!
    Both battlers have gone through extreme hardship to make it here today. AND HERE THEY ARE!!! On the west side is BLADEMASTER and his two Pokemon: Charizard and Tim Speedle, the Ninetales. On the east side is ULTIMATE CHARIZARD with his two Pokemon Nidoking and Gengar.
    LET THE FINALS COMMENCE!!!

We begin this ultimate showdown with both competitors on their levitating platforms. Both trainers throw their two Pokeballs and the white light forms inside the cage. The cage's sides are electrified and the ceiling is made of reinforced missile proof glass which, at the touch of a button, can be made transparent if my Wobbuffet needs to make a quick entrance. The crowd are on the ground and watch the action through 4m x 5m high definition plasma screen TVs (what ASB budget?). On Blade's side, the lights form the shape of the fiery dragon Charizard, and the thousand tail curse creator Ninetales, nicknamed Tim Speedle. On Ultimate's side, the white light forms the masculine built, ground pounding Nidoking, and the king of tricks and damn Confuse Ray weilding Gengar. Both Pokemon look at their allies and foes, and prepare to throw down.

We now begin with Tim Speedle jumping to the middle of the arena and creating circular discs of psychic energy. He then aims at Nidoking and, with a flick of the tail, sends them spiralling towards him. However, Hypnosis is quite unpredictable and they all, unfortunately, miss. Thank god for the glass, otherwise I'd be asleep now. Gengar sniggers and starts to dance. The clouds roll over and it begins to annoyingly rain. The water hits against the glass ceiling, protecting Blade's Pokemon, but getting a bit wet around the outside. Charizard roars at the sky and, just like magic, the clouds make a hasty retreat and the sun comes back...though it wasn't that warm last time it was out. Nidoking is still awake, to the dismay of Charizard, and sends rocks pummelling down onto the fiery dragon. Charizard cries out in pain, but feels the sun strengthening him.

: -24% health, -10% energy; -7% energy, -0% health:

: -0% health, -8% energy; -10% energy, -0% health:

Slightly miffed at the missed Hypnosis, Tim creates four blue flames which float around him. Tim notices that his ally, Charizard, was also doing the same. Tim brought his attention to Gengar, whowas crackling with a large amount of electricity. Tim throws all four blue flames aaaaand...they hit! Gengar grunts as the burn...erm...burns him. Gengar releases the electricity and it flies up into the sky (thankfully I pressed the button not a moment before). The zapping stuff stays there for a few seconds, before coming down on Charizard. The bolt hits full on and Charizard moans in pain, going on one knee. The electricity doesn't leave him, however, and Charizard feels the muscles seize up. Nidoking takes advantage of this and turns to Tim. He grunts and concentrates for a few seconds, then the ground underneath Tim explodes. Tim cries out and is thrown back...onto the cage wall. Just look away. Nidoking vaguely registers Charizard striking Gengar with momentous speed. Gengar didn't have a chance.

: -18% health, -6% energy; -7% energy, -18% health:
    *Paralysed, Spd -3; N/A*

: -0% health, -9% energy; -6% energy, -9% health:
    *N/A; Burned, Atk -3*

Charizard gets up and feels the world is against him. He watches Tim jump in front of him and shimmers. Gengar sees this, but doesn't think much of it as he creates a small, dark purple ball. He pushes sharply with his palm and the ball spirals towards Tim. Tim closes his eyes and tenses up. The orb hits Tim as is bounced off. It goes right back to Gengar and collides with him. Gengar cries out and sees the unwelcoming spots. Meanwhile, Nidoking smashes his hands together and charges at Tim. At the last second, he jumps and twists round, revealing his long, blue...tail. The wet tail collides with Tim, sending Tim sprawling. Tim slides to a stop millimetres from the cage bars. Tim feels the static in his fur and makes a hasty retreat. Charizard, meanwhile, lumbers towards Gengar with difficulty, but has enough muscle movement to clamp down onto Gengar. Gengar cries out and pushes against Charizard, but to no avail. Charizard lets go, cuffs Gengar round the ear, and returns to his side.

: -0% health, -8% energy; -7% energy, -14% health:
    *Paralysed, Spd -3; N/A*

: -0% health, -8% energy; -7% energy, -14% health:
    *N/A; Burned, Atk -3, Confuzzled*

Gengar breathes a sigh of relief as the round ends, but the burn doesn't go away. The sun shines brightly overhead, happy and carefree (4 more rounds).

[Gengar: -3% health]

HP 58 || 68 HP
    EN 76 || 79 EN
    *Paralysed (2 more actions), Speed -3* || *N/A*

HP 100 || 74 HP
    EN 75 || 77 EN
    *N/A* || *Burned, Attack -3, Confuzzled (2 more actions)*

Side Notes

1) End of Round 1: Due to some bad luck, Blade is falling behind. All four Pokemon are feeling the strain of battle, but it's only just beginning.

2) What ASB Budget?

3) Finalist Blade to issue attacks for both Charizard and Tim Speedle.

4) Only 20 Images per post...bang goes the custom sprite...
    Last edited by Rossymore; 18th August 2010 at 05:17 AM.

Veteran Trainer

So... Aerial Ace didn't work despite Thunder having a 40% accuracy in the sunlight, Hypnosis didn't work... just because... ...and Magic Coat didn't send Confuse Ray back at Gengar like it's supposed to according to its description.

Hypnosis missing I can understand, but I'd like an explanation for this.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Admittedly i was wondering what happened to the confuse ray at the end. I thought Magic Coat was a reflection move (werent they banned in the tourney anyway or only the damaging ones?) not a deflection.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Only the Damaging moves were banned, Mirror Coat, Counter, etc etc. Magic Coat is not banned cause its actually useful as opposed to well..kinda cheap outs like them other moves.

Ha, see why I wasn't gonna ref this Rossy? XD. This is high fuggin' stakes. Can't afford any mistakes. XD

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Oh, sure. The one ref in ASB that everybody understands and is familiar with the style of, and he decides to leave the big finale in the hands of some greenie. Literally.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

...wut?

Aerial Ace didn't miss, which is why Gengar lost 6 health that action. And as for the missing/hitting attacks. I use a randumbizer and it said Hypnosis would miss, but Thunder would hit.

It had a 40% chance of hitting but, hey, it's still a chance. And I do apologise for wrongly reffing Magic Coat. I hate moves I'm not familiar with. I'll change it.

And after one and a half years, I'm still a greenie? I could see how that works...

*fixes*

Veteran Trainer

Yeah, but I clearly instructed the Aerial Ace as an evasive maneuver, like I usually do in ASB:

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    (LOL Sunny Day + Thunder)Watch out for that Thunder attack - there's still a chance it could hit you. If you see it coming at you, use Aerial Ace to evade it and land a quick hit on Gengar.
    I can understand using a randomizer to determine if moves hit or miss, since that evenly affects both battlers, but when you list a sub with a clear goal in mind, that's pretty much always 100%, is it not?

And yes, you're still a greenie. Your hair is the color of mint chip ice cream for God's sake. It's a pun. >>

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Ah yes, prediction moves. Your Charizard was a bit busy with the Will-o-Wisp and by the time the Thunder was coming down on him, he couldn't escape in time, so he thought meh and just used Aerial Ace to hit Gengar.

Veteran Trainer

No... No, I'm not giving up hope. Not yet. We can still win this!

Charizard, use Crunch on Gengar. Then use Ominous Wind on both of them. Finish with a Fire Blast on Nidoking.

Tim, use Hypnosis on Nidoking until it works. Then, if you have any moves left, use Dream Eater the rest of the round. If Nidoking wakes up before you can use Dream Eater, hit Gengar with Extrasensory instead.

If any Ground attacks come at you, Tim, then jump on Charizard's back. Charizard, you lift off the ground so those attacks can't hit either of you. Likewise, Charizard, if a Rock attack comes at you, Protect yourself against it.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Gengar get infront of that Hypnosis with a Mirror Coat. If Ninetales keeps using Hypnosis then thats your job for the round. If not or you manage to put it to sleep Thunderpunch Charizard and end with a Rain Dance.

Nidoking while Gengar covers you try to do the same for him and trigger some Subs. Start with a Rock Slide to trigger Charizards protect. Follow that with a Aqua Tail to Charizard if Ninetales is asleep, if not use Earth Power at Ninetales to once more trigger its sub and once the rain is in effect another Thunder at Charizard. If you happen to get caught by Hypnosis then just use Sleep Talk.

Gengar - Mirror Coat ~ Mirror Coat/ThunderPunch ~ Rain Dance
    Nidoking - Rockslide/Sleep Talk ~ Aqua Tail/Earth Power/Sleep Talk ~ Thunder/Sleep Talk

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

Round 2

Arena

he finals will take place inside an electrified cage, a few hundred feet above the air and held up by sixteen individually coloured cranes. Should you touch the cage, then 2HP will be taken off. There's plenty of room as all four Pokemon =/ half a Wailord. There will be no Damage Cap, a DQ of 5 days, and enough banned moves to keep me and my Wobbuffet busy (Wobbuffet!)

HP 58 || 68 HP
    EN 76 || 79 EN
    *Paralysed (2 more actions), Speed -3* || *N/A*
    *Charizard's Attacks* Crunch (G)/Protect ~ Ominous Wind (N+G) ~ Fire Blast (N) *Charizard's Attacks*
    *Tim Speedle's Attacks* Hypnosis (N) ~ Dream Eater (N)/Extrasensory (G) ~ Dream Eater (N)/Extrasensory (G) *Tim Speedle's Attacks*

HP 100 || 74 HP
    EN 75 || 77 EN
    *N/A* || *Burned, Attack -3, Confuzzled (2 more actions)*
    *Nidoking's Attacks* Rock Slide (C) ~ Aqua Tail (C)/Earth Power (T) ~ Thunder (C) /Sleep Talk *Nidoking's Attacks*
    *Gengar's Attacks* Mirror Coat ~ Mirror Coat/Thunderpunch (C) ~ Rain Dance *Gengar's Attacks*

We begin this next scarily fantastic final with Tim creating more discs of Drowzee energy. He fires the discs at Nidoking, who was busy with his own attack. Gengar saw this and moved in to intercept. Unfotunately, the spots in his vision danced around and annoyed the hell out of him. Gengar forgot about the Hypnosis and wildly flailed at the spots, falling over in the process. The discs mostly hit Nidoking and Nidoking kneeled on one knee, fighting sleep. Nidoking managed to pull off his attack, but saw that Charizard erected a forcefield which protected him. Nidoking groaned in annoyance, and fell asleep.

: -0% health, -9% energy; -7% energy, -0% health:
    *Paralysed, Spd -3; N/A*

: -0% health, -7% energy; -3% energy, -4% health:
    *Asleep; Burned, Atk -3, Confuzzled*

Tim, finally relieved of his successful attack, created a dark purple orb and threw it at Nidoking. The orb enveloped Nidoking, taking his dream. The orb then reformed, went back to Tim, who then ate it, restoring health. Nidoking's brain made up another dream. Nidoking also mumbled and stood up. Gengar, meanwhile, jumped at Charizard with a fist of crackling power. He punched down, and Charizard cried out, feeling the hurt. Nidoking gets up and explodes in a large amount of sand, which swirls around the arena, masking the sun.
    Didn't see that coming.
    Charizard attempts to flap his wings, but he seizes up and can't move. Is he gonna do anything this round? Hopefully yes, as he returns to normal. Gengar, also, is down one status, but his left arm still stings.

: -8% health, -3% energy; -8% energy, +4% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -8% health, -9% energy; -7% energy, -0% health:
    *Asleep; Burned, Atk -3*

Charizard roars with delight as he feels much faster. He breathes in to prepare a nasty fire attack, when the sand disappates and turns to rain. Gengar cackles nastily as he sees the look of dismay on Charizard's face. Charizard growls angrily and blasts the fire Nidoking. The fire envelops Nidoking, who got more then he asked for. He mumbles again and gets up. He then charges at Charizard and extends his foot, kicking Charizard once, twice. Charizard winces in pain, but isn't really hurt. Tim does the same as last round and feels a bit better. Nidoking continues to snooze away.

: -2% health, -8% energy; -8% energy, +4% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -17% health, -6% energy; -10% energy, -0% health:
    *Asleep, Burned, Atk -3; Burned, Atk -3*

Both of Ultimate's Pokemon suffer with the burn, even with the rain slightly soothing it. (4 more rounds)

[Nidoking: -3% health]

HP 48 || 76 HP
    EN 56 || 56 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*

HP 72 || 71 HP
    EN 53 || 57 EN
    *Asleep (1 more action), Burned, Attack -3* || *Burned, Attack -3*

Side Notes

1) Both teams are more or less even, but that burn could be troublesome.

2) Sleep Talk was Sandstorm and Double Kick

3) Finalist Ultimate to issue attacks for Nidoking and Gengar

Gengar use the rain as fast as possible and go with a Thunder at Charizard and follow it with a Hypnosis. If its asleep use Dream Eater of your own. If not Thunderpunch.

Nidoking keep at it with Sleep Talk unless you wake up. If you do its Earth Power and Aqua tail at Ninetales.

Gengar - Thunder ~ Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater/Thunderpunch
    Nidoking - Sleeptalk/Earth Power ~ Sleep Talk/Aqua Tail ~ Sleep Talk/Aqua Tail.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

You're a slow learner, Gav.

Ninetales, use Sunny Day. Then get between Charizard and Gengar, and use Magic Coat to bounce Hypnosis back at her. Finally, use Dream Eater if she's Asleep. If she isn't... somehow... then use Dark Pulse on her instead.

Charizard, Protect against the Thunder and whatever Sleep Talk throws at you. Then slam Gengar with Crunch, and finish with Shadow Claw on her as well. If she's awake, wait for her to come at you with a punch, and just before she hits you, blow her away and into a wall with a point-blank Fire Blast!

Move(C): Protect, Crunch(G), Shadow Claw((G) if Gengar's Asleep)
    Sub(C): --------, ----------, Fire Blast ((G) if Gengar attacks)

Move(T): Sunny Day, Magic Coat ((G) Gengar's Hypnosis), Dream Eater((G) if Gengar's Asleep)
    Sub(T): --------------------, -------------------------, Dark Pulse((G) if Gengar's awake)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Round 3

Arena

The finals will take place inside an electrified cage, a few hundred feet above the air and held up by sixteen individually coloured cranes. Should you touch the cage, then 2HP will be taken off. There's plenty of room as all four Pokemon =/ half a Wailord. There will be no Damage Cap, a DQ of 5 days, and enough banned moves to keep me and my Wobbuffet busy (Wobbuffet!)

HP 48 || 76 HP
    EN 56 || 56 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*
    *Charizard's Attacks* Protect ~ Crunch (G) ~ Shadow Claw (G)/Fire Blast (G) *Charizard's Attacks*
    *Tim Speedle's Attacks* Sunny Day ~ Magic Coat ~ Dream Eater (G)/Dark Pulse (G) *Tim Speedle's Attacks*

HP 72 || 71 HP
    EN 53 || 57 EN
    *Asleep (1 more action), Burned, Attack -3* || *Burned, Attack -3*
    *Nidoking's Attacks* Sleep Talk ~ Aqua Tail (T) ~ Aqua Tail (T) *Nidoking's Attacks*
    *Gengar's Attacks* Thunder (C) ~ Hypnosis (C) ~ Dream Eater (C)/Thunderpunch (C)*Gengar's Attacks*

We begin this awfully fantastic round with all four Pokemon (excluding Nidoking) jumping into action. Tim Speedle does an intricate dance and the sun returns, putting stress on Mother Nature. Gengar looks up at the sun and, annoyed her lovely clouds are gone, crackles with electricity and fires a bolt up at the sky. The bolt then comes crashing down aaaand...hits a shield. Gengar growls in frustration and stamps her foot. Not noticed by everyone else, Nidoking mumbles in his sleep, gets up and creates a small orb of darkness in his hands. He then throws the ball of Tim, who winces in pain. Nidoking wakes up with a jolt and wonders why he's standing.

: -0% health, -9% energy; -10% energy, -0% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -0% health, -6% energy; -9% energy, -0% health:
    *Burned, Atk -3; Burned, Atk -3*

Gengar, annoyed at her failed attack, begins a new attack, creating small circular discs of psychic energy. They pulsate towards Charizard, but, yet again, Tim steps in between the discs and Charizard, glowing bright yellow. The discs hit Tim, but are bounced right back at Gengar. Gengar is hit by the discs and, predictably, falls asleep. Ultimate groans and Gengar snoozes wistfully. Charizard swoops in and clamps down onto Gengar, making Gengar moan sleepily in pain. Nidoking, still unoticed, thwacks Tim with a blue tail. If only it wasn't physical, it might have done a bit more damage.

: -0% health, -7% energy; -7% energy, -10% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -0% health, -8% energy; -7% energy, -16% health:
    *Burned, Atk -3; Burned, Atk -3, Asleep*

Gengar mumbled sleepily, but was probably going to do nothing this round. Tim glows a nice red and sucks the dream from Gengar. Lots of yummy experience with that move this match. Charizard also moves in on the (quite vague) kill and slashes Gengar with a claw of darkness. Gengar is really wishing for a Damage Cap right now...or she would do if she wasn't asleep. Nidoking is still completely unoticed and strikes Tim down with another glowy tail. Next time, stick to Earth Power.

: -0% health, -7% energy; -8% energy, -2% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -0% health, -8% energy; -0% energy, -30% health:

The sun continues to shine and the burn stays just that, a burn. (4 more rounds)

HP 48 || 64 HP
    EN 33 || 31 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*

HP 69 || 22 HP
    EN 31 || 41 EN
    *Burned, Attack -3* || *Burned, Attack -3, Asleep (2 more actions)*

Side Notes

1) End of Round 3: The competition is really heating up, with no clear winner. Though Team Ultimate is slipping behind.

2) Sleep Talk was Shadow Ball btw.

3) Finalist Blade to issue attacks for Charizard and Tim Speedle.

Veteran Trainer

Tim, use Dream Eater on Gengar until she wakes up or is knocked out. If she wakes up, use Disable on whatever move she tries. Status moves, Imprison, Destiny Bond, Explosion... A weakened Gengar is the most dangerous kind, Tim. Remember that, and keep her from attacking. If she is knocked out, use Extrasensory on Nidoking if you have any moves left.

Charizard, keep Nidoking busy with a Fire Blast. Then hit Gengar with Shadow Claw. Finally, grab Nidoking and Fling him into the cage wall. If any Rock attacks come at you, Protect against all of them EXCEPT the first one.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Ok Nidoking if he doesnt want to block the first rock attack, go with a Headsmash and follow with Earth Power at Ninetales. Then wait for Charizard to attack and hit it with a Facade.

Gengar use sleep talk till you wake up. Hopefully it will be quick enough. Let Nintales use Disable, you dont need to be able to move to use Pain Split and follow it with a Confuse Ray. If somehow you woke up in the first turn then end the round with a Thunderbolt at Charizard if its still standing. Should you be awake and hit by an attack that would knock you out then Destiny Bond it its.

Nidoking - Headsmash ~ Earth Power ~ Facade
    Gengar - Sleep Talk/Pain Split - Sleep Talk/Pain Split/Confuse Ray - Sleep Talk/Pain Split/Confuse Ray/Thunderbolt (Override Destiny Bond if awake and made to faint)

*iirc Disable in ASB physically grabs an opponent to stop it from moving,not specifically from using attacks (unless they need to move like tackle etc). At least thats how its been ruled against me when ive tried to use its anime effect. As far as i know Pain Split wouldnt need movement, infact being grabbed would make it easier lol. If ive got this wrong then ive been screwed in the past. *glares at Dakly **
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 23rd August 2010 at 04:52 PM.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

I think you have been. Disable is usually reffed for me as being able to stop an opponent dead in their tracks for one action, regardless of their attack choice.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

It stops an opponent from moving to utilize any attack. Depends on the ref at that point. I usually consider what attack is being stopped. ...o.O Honestly I'm curious to see how this match ends.

Entertaining quotes!

Yeah im getting fucked over....

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Honestly I'm curious to see how this match ends.
    No pressure then...

Will get this up later today, not in the best position to do a huge arse round atm.

Elite Trainer

Round 4

Arena

HP 48 || 64 HP
    EN 33 || 31 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*
    *Charizard's Attacks* Fire Blast (N) ~ Shadow Claw (G) ~ Fling (N) *Charizard's Attacks*
    *Tim Speedle's Attacks* Dream Eater (G) ~ Dream Eater (G) ~ Disable (G)/Extrasensory (N) *Tim Speedle's Attacks*

HP 69 || 22 HP
    EN 31 || 41 EN
    *Burned, Attack -3* || *Burned, Attack -3, Asleep (2 more actions)*
    *Nidoking's Attacks* Head Smash (C) ~ Earth Power (T) ~ Facade (C) *Nidoking's Attacks*
    *Gengar's Attacks* Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Pain Split (T)/Confuse Ray (T)/Thunderbolt (C)/Destiny Bond (C/T) *Gengar's Attacks*

We begin this next astounding round with Gengar snoozing away, Nidoking in the background, Tim flicking his tails here and there, and Charizard increasing the flame on his tail. Charizard springs into action and blasts a large amount of fire onto Nidoking. Nidoking cries out and steps back, close to the cage bars. He ducks down and glowing blue, charges at Charizard. Nidoking slams into Charizard and Charizard is forced back onto the cage bars. The electricity ripples through him and Charizard roars in pain. Meanwhile, Tim Speedle glows, yet again, and sucks the dream from Gengar, who shudders, then mumbles and stood up. Gengar jumps over to Charizard, still reeling from Nidoking's attack, and punches him with a fist of fire.

: -27% health, -9% energy; -8% energy, +8% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -14% health, -10% energy; -7% energy, -16% health:

Ninetales goes in for the kill, sucking up the last of Gengar's health, and knocking her out. Gengar moans one last time and lays still. She is withdrawn from battle, and it seems Nidoking is all on his own. Nidoking grunts and concentrates. The earth then explodes around Tim, making him cry out. About that sly fox was dealt some damage. Charizard looks at his claw, tinged with darkness and shrugs. He leaps over to Nidoking and slashes him, feeling slightly bettwe about it. Nidoking cries out and starts to pant. He's starting to lose it.

: -0% health, -8% energy; -8% energy, -10% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -7% health, -9% energy; -0% energy, -16% health:
    *Burned, Atk -3; X_X*

Nidoking realises he's on his own as Ninetales and Charizard gang up on him. Tim glows a light pink and emits a small beam of psychic energy, which hits Nidoking square on. It's a puzzling beam which, momentarily, made Nidoking see double. Charizard flew over and grabbed hold of Nidoking, throwing him against the cage. The elctricity coursed through Nidoking...but didn't do anything. Nidoking shrugged and crackles with white power. The white power turned red and Nidoking charged straight into Charizard and almost flattened the poor dragon.

: -12% health, -8% energy; -8% energy, -0% health:
    *N/A; N/A*

: -19% health, -8% energy; -0% energy, -0% health:
    *Burned, Atk -3; X_X*

The sun continued on and the burn hurt Nidoking, and Nidoking alone.

HP 9 || 62 HP
    EN 8 || 7 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*

Team of Finalist Ultimate (OX)
    HP 29 || 0 HP
    EN 4 || 34 EN
    *Burned, Attack -3* || *Knocked Out*

Side Notes

1) End of Round 4: The match is drawing to a close, with all three remaining Pokemon short on time and short on breath. Who will emerge victorious?

2) Since Nido is a ground type, he shouldn't feel the effects of the steel cage.

3) Finalist Ultimate to issue (last?) attacks for Nidoking.
    Last edited by Rossymore; 25th August 2010 at 09:47 AM.

Just one thing....

Fling and Extrasensory in the last round does 19 damage. Only Extrasensory is super effective. (does Fling even do damage?). Dream Eater on its own does 16 damage, base 100 and only 2x effective.

HeadSmash, a 4x effective attack with 150 base power, + the effect of the cage + a Fire punch (not effective i know but Sunny Day is still in effect) only does 24 damage? I know Nidokings physical damage is reduced with the burn but still.

Pretty sure im fucked either way but fuck it i want to piss and moan like blade too. Either way im claiming a win, thats my my goddam Charizard!
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 24th August 2010 at 12:39 PM.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

*cracks knuckles*

Okay, Extrasensory: 8 x 2 = 16. Fling does cause come damage as there are no items in this ASB, and throwing a Pokemon is going to hurt. Charizard didn't exactly pick up Nidoking gently.

Then Head Smash: 9 x 3 = 27. Burn: 27 - 6 = 21. Cage: 21 + 2 = 23.

Whoops, I was one off. I'll change that, but Darkly didn't say that the elecricity had any super effective hit on the different Pokemon. But I may be wrong. If I am, then Charizard lost 25 health instead.

Veteran Trainer

No its 2hp for all Pokemon-no super effectiveness ('cept ground, we all know that's nullification.)

Entertaining quotes!

And Gengars random fire punch?

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

Ah, biscuits, look like I forgot to include it. I do apologise. Adding four to Charizard's damage.

I know it wouldnt be a huge diff but it did seem a little off. And its this kinda thing why i stopped reffing.

Oh well time to lose.

Surf ~ Surf ~ Surf

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

It's been fun, Gav. I thought I was fucked after that first round...

Guys, we're all almost out of energy. It's time to end this.

Charizard, Endure that Surf attack. Then Relax and regain as much power as you can. Finally, use all your remaining energy and slam Nidoking with the strongest Blast Burn you can muster!

Tim, Relax. Then use Extrasensory twice.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Round 5

Arena

HP 9 || 62 HP
    EN 8 || 7 EN
    *N/A* || *N/A*
    *Charizard's Attacks* Endure ~ Relax ~ Blast Burn (N) *Charizard's Attacks*
    *Tim Speedle's Attacks* Relax ~ Extrasensory (N) ~ Extrasensory (N) *Tim Speedle's Attacks*

Team of Finalist Ultimate (OX)
    HP 29 || 0 HP
    EN 4 || 34 EN
    *Burned, Attack -3* || *Knocked Out*
    *Nidoking's Attacks* Surf (A) ~ Surf (A) ~ BWAAAAH!!! *Nidoking's Attacks*

We begin this last round with Charizard tightening his focus. Tim sits down and restores his lost energy and tenses up slightly when he sees Nidoking roaring at the sky. Nidoking then (of course, as a ground type) lifts himself up on a large wall of water and comes crashing down onto the two fire types. Charizard curls up and tries to stay conscious, whilst Tim shakes his wet fur around. Nidoking steps down from the water, and feels his health being sapped from him. The longer he stays around, the better.

: -8% health, -0% energy; -18% energy, +10% health:
    *Endured; N/A*

: -6% health, -4% energy; -0% energy, -0% health:
    *Burned, Atk -3; X_X*

Now it it Charizard's turn to relax. He sits down and takes a breather. Tim, meanwhile, glows a light pink and puts psychic pressure onto Nidoking. Nidoking cries out in pain as most of his health is sucked from him. Nidoking commanded another wave of water and it crashed down onto the two fireses again. The waves crash onto Charizard who, try as he might, stops himself from blacking out, but he can't do it. He is washed back towards the back of the arena, his health spent. Nidoking looks at Tim, breathing heavily, and also cannot take it anymore. Nidoking tenses up and crashes to the ground, defeated.

: -18% health, +10% energy; -18% energy, -7% health:
    *X_X; N/A*

: -26% health, -0% energy; -0% energy, -0% health:
    *X_X; X_X*

Team of Finalist Blade (OX)
    HP 0 || 26 HP
    EN 18 || 10 EN
    *Knocked Out* || *N/A*

Team of Finalist Ultimate (XX)
    HP 0 || 0 HP
    EN 0 || 34 EN
    *Knocked Out* || *Knocked Out*

Side Notes

1) End of Round 5: The match ends with both of Ultimate's Pokemon down and out, with Blade not that far behind.

2) To make this match go on for as long as possible, I ignored my Energy KOs, as it's what you guys are used to.

3) Blade, for winning to Tourney, gets a massive 79 POINTS, whilst Ultimate, for being second, gets 26 POINTS. I get over 9000.

4) That's all folks!

Veteran Trainer

Oh jeez! Blade actually won.

Lulz. Well congrats to you both, and yes that's it for this Tourney. Ran a lil long but still good timing, considering. Thanks for participating, spend yer points wisely. Rossy you get 8 points for reffing the finals

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Holy shit, wow.

...Wait, is that it? There's no ceremony or anything?

Well, Tim, Kinglava, Charizard... Thanks for all your help. Go find your Trainers; I'm off to the Bank.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe