Thread: Race Battle: Deadwood Zen vs Dogfish44 (Ref: Mew Master)

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Race Battle: Deadwood Zen vs Dogfish44 (Ref: Mew Master)

Okay guys, congratulations on being my Guinea Pigs. I've been mulling this idea over since Asi and Ayuen's match on Angel Island and wondering how to make a Race Battle (ever since reading about it), and a way to make our own Pokealthon competitions (Which was Razor's main idea)

The point of this match is going to be to go as fast as possible and gain ground on your opponent. Using attacks, to damage, trip, and maneuver through the tract. Your progress and speed will be measured with a new stat I call Pace.

Pace is a couple of things:

1) Pace is, simply, the pace at which your Pokemon is running along the tract.
    2) Pace is affected by use of hazards, Giving and Receiving attacks, which can lower or raise your Pace Respectively, and other stat boosting moves.
    2a) The amount of Pace gained or lost depends on how much damage was done or received, halved and rounded down.
    2b) Using Moves like Agility, Rock Polish, Ect will increase Pace by as much SPD as they normally increase (Rock Polish increases SPD by 2, and would thus increase Pace by 2). This increase in Pace will only happen once.
    3) Pace does not require any energy, but can be affected by low health and low energy.
    4) Pace can never drop below Zero (0), but may be negatively or positively affected.
    5) All Pokemon start with Pace of 2, and will reset to this number at the start of the next Round.
    6) This also allows a new move exclusively for this Race Match called: Sprint

Sprint - NRM
    Effect: Doubles your Pace for one Action Slot, your Pace then returns to it's previous number.
    Fatigue: High
    Damage: --
    Accuracy: Excellent

The ref shall keep track of all participants through the stage in a simple diagram to show your progress. Your Pace shall affect how far you go in the round and the distance away from your Opponent. Your opponent could use this to gain an advantage using long range attacks, or you could use the chance to set up hazards of your own.

An example of the diagram:

PACE
    [START]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[FINISH]
    [START]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[FINISH]

For this Match I only need 2 Volunteers, for 1 PKMN each. This isn't going to be an extensive battle Royale, it's just a race from Point A to Point B. If the system works well, I may make it larger to be an ASB Arena of Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

Pokemon: 1, Single Battle
    Arena: Angel Island Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    DQ: 1 Week
    Banned Moves: None.
    Special: Flying Types, while they may have an advantage in a race against any non-Flying, are required to either run or fly along the ground. Running may not be feasible for some flying types, but going low enough would ensure that they'd have to avoid hazards just as those that are land-locked.

My chumps-er I mean, Volunteers?
    Last edited by Mew Master; 1st September 2010 at 05:12 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Competitive Sleeper Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: On your Mark! Get Set! Race Battle! I need Challengers! (Ref: MM)

Hm... Normally Momo would be my weapon of choice, but I thinking Zangoose could use some time in the spotlight. Kaj, I choose you!

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Race Battle: Deadwood Zen vs ??? (Ref: Mew Master)

OK, I'll take you on with Sir Ohm Jr., the voltorb with static.

Start of with an Agility to get some speed.
    Follow up with a Sprint, and then using this pace to rollout, which will slowly get faster ^_^

Agility ~ Sprint ~ Rollout

Good idea by the way.
    Back bitches

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Being the ever huge Sonic fanboy >>..I should be all over this. But I have no free battle slots. Meh. Next time.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Thanks you two.

Another thing to mention is that this match is going to be timed as well. The first one to get closer to FINISH or at FINISH by the end of the final Round will be the winner. I'm still working out some bugs to makes sure ppl can make it through more than half of the match. I think the Round Limit is going to be 10. for this match.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Junior Trainer

Default Re: Race Battle: Deadwood Zen vs Dogfish44 (Ref: Mew Master)

Get a good head start with Sprint. Then hit the Voltorb with Ice Beam, before using your Double Team.

Master Trainer

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: None
    Pokémon: O vs. O
    Abilities: Active
    Theme: Angel Island Zone

Kaj (Zangoose, ♂, Team Deadwood Zen)
    HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    Ability: Immuntiy
    Sprint~Ice Beam~Double Team

Pace: 2

Name (Sir Ohm Jr, N/A, Team Dogfish44)
    HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    Ability: Static
    Agility~Sprint~Rollout

Pace

The Arena
    Angel Island Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Ready! FIGHT!

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen. Through some negotiations with the local Guardian of the island we're allowed to have a race through Angel Island. A red bi-plane drops off the two competitors, Dogfish44, comes a rolling in on his Voltorb, while Zen takes his time with Kaj, his Zangoose. The trainers get their running shoes on, of which are the classic red sneakers with a white stripe. As for the ref? I'll be riding in style on Ziz to keep up with the action. The Rings are for bling mah friends.

And it begins! Can the rolling thunderstorm known as Ohm Jr spin-dash its way through the tract, or will Kaj bop its bubble by bustin its body??

Let's get things started! Pokémon Battle all Set! Ready? GO!

Both Pokémon are outta the gate! Ohm Jr seems to use his curvatiousness as an advantage, picking up his bit of speed (-3 E @ Sir Ohm Jr, SPD → +1). Kaj comes dashing by as he cuts through the foliage (-4 E @ Kaj).

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 3
    Kaj Pace → 4 (2 x 2)

Ohm Jr has the advantage in speed as he uses his roundness to his advantage while going through a loop-de-loop and gaining some major ground (-3 E @ Sir Ohm Jr/Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 6 (3x2)). Kaj is left eating dust, it seems, before he skips through the loop and shoots a near-zero-Kelvin beam of energy along the ground, freezing ferns, plants, and little animals, making Ohm's terrain a bit bumpy (-8 E @ Kaj/-8 H @ Sir Ohm Jr). Hope the Voltorb has some good shocks.

Kaj Pace → 4
    Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 4 (3 x 2 – 2)

After the bumpy ride, Ohm seems to get a break as the ground evens out.... right before a drop off above a river! In true-Blue-Hedgehog fassion, Ohm kicks up dust as he gains speed before making the jump (-6 E @ Sir Ohm Jr). While Jr took the low road, Kaj decided on the high-road, grabbing onto one of the vines and pulling a Tarzan, glowing in mid air. As he landed, he split into several copies of himself as he took back to the race (-4 E @ Kaj, 4 Clones → 80% Chance Attack Dodge) and managed to gain a small edge against the Electric Type.

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 4
    Kaj Pace → 5

The race is on ladies and gentlemen! As Ziz and I keep an eye on the participants, it's still anyone's battle. Will Ohm Jr's curves give it the edge in the straight-away, or will Kaj and his clone-cronies overtake him on the last turnpike?

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 84
    4 Clones → 80% Chance Attack Dodge

Pace: 5

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 92
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 88
    SPD → +1

Pace: 4

Pace

[START]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[FINISH]

Time Limit Count-Down:

[ IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ]

Ref Notes: Damage Cap = 40. At 0 E, Pokémon will use 1 H for 2 E. Pace will be reset to 2 at the beginning of the next round.

Deadwood Zen Attacks First.
    Dogfish44 Attacks Second
    Last edited by Mew Master; 2nd September 2010 at 01:28 AM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Junior Trainer

Keep on moving, Kaj. This will be great for our thighs! ;P

Start off with an Aerial Ace, to get some speed. Hit the Voltorb with a Rock Slide after that, before closing with another Sprint!

Advanced Trainer

Keep rolling with Rollout to get your speed up a notch. Follow up with a... .Rollout to blast the rocks off you and into Kaj. Finish up with a sprint to keep up!
    Back bitches

Master Trainer

Round 2! Pre-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 84
    4 Clones → 80% Chance Attack Dodge
    Aerial Ace~Rock Slide~Sprint

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 92
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 88
    SPD → +1
    Rollout~Rollout~Sprint

Pace

[START]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[FINISH]

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

The race is on and it looks like Ohm in the backstretch. Kaj is commin on the inside. Ziz isn't holding back, he's not going to faaaall. Ahem. Sorry about that. The next round of the race, and it's still anyone's game!

Ohm still has his own speed, as he continues to roll like a boulder from an Indiana Jones movie, heading right for one of the Kaj clones (-10 E @ Sir Ohm Jr/-10 H @ Kaj, 0 Clones). Harrison Ford, he's not, Kaj done got steam-rolled, and seems to have been stopped in his tracks, but the Zangoose isn't flatfooted as he takes a bit of a run, and flies at Ohm Jr (-4 E @ Kaj/-4 H @ Sir Ohm Jr).

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 4 (2 + 4 - 2)
    Kaj Pace → 3 (2 – 2 + 3)

He keeps rollin and rollin and rollin along, Ohm Jr doesn't seem to let Kaj's quick recovery bug him so much as he tucks in tigher and goes smashing through a wall and into the warp pipe (-14 E @ Sir Ohm Jr). Kaj jumps into the warp pipe just behind him as he slams his fists into the pipe, causing an overhang to start shaking and dropping rocks out at the other end, and putting a sharp stop to Ohm's supposed lead (-8 E @ Kaj/[i]-13 H @ Sir Ohm Jr[/b]). Ow. Face plant into a rock as Kaj jumps over the obstruction when he leaves the pipe.

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 2 (4 + 6 - 8)
    Kaj Pace → 8 (3 + 5)

Ohm scrambles up and over the rocks before booking it as fast as his round body can go (-5 E @ Sir Ohm Jr). Kaj smirks as he increases his own lead with a mad dash up, over, and around the inside of a hollowed tree to another swinging vine at the higher end (-8 E @ Kaj).

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 4 (2 x 2)
    Kaj Pace → 16 (8 x 2)

Looks like Kaj may have this race in the bag. With such a far lead, can Ohm Jr catch up, or is he going to be left in the dust?

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 90
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 64

Pace: 16

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 75
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 53
    SPD → +1

Pace

Time Limit Count-Down:

Ref Notes: Damage Cap = 40. At 0 E, Pokémon will use 1 H for 2 E. Pace will be reset to 2 at the beginning of the next round.

Dogfish44 Attacks First.
    Deadwood Zen Attacks Second
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

OK, Let's be evil.

I want you to Teleportto catch up to Kaj, before Sprinting, then Thunder Wave.

If it's gonna protect against that thunderwave, switch to Rollout.
    Back bitches

Junior Trainer

Okay, Kaj. Set up a Rock Tomb over where the Voltorb's gonna teleport (behind you, if you can't tell). Use Dig, then Sprint underground.

Master Trainer

Round 3! Pre-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 90
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 64
    Rock Tomb~Dig (Down)~Sprint

Sir Ohm Jr (Voltorb, N/A, Team Dogfish44)
    HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 75
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 53
    Teleport~Sprint~Thunder Wave (Sub: Rollout)

Pace

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

Before the match gets underway, the ref blows the whistle. Seems Ohm had used an illegal move and was being docked progress because of it. Ohm's moved back a ways before the whistle is blown again and the race gets underway!

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → -5

The race continues. Kaj has a high lead, just made higher because of a slight blunder. Will Ohm make up the difference, or does the Zangoose have this race in the bag?

Pokémon Battle all set?! Ready? GO!

Ohm just got docked some points, but he's going to make them up as Kaj seems to grin to himself. In a flash of light, the Voltorb disappears. Kaj slams his fist into a loop, causing it to crumble in on itself and block the path (-7 E @ Kaj), but Ohm re-appears next to the trotting Zangoose (-19 E @ Sir Ohm Jr)!

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → +18 (4)
    Kaj Pace → 4 (2 + 2)

Ohm pushes himself as fast as he can to gain ground (-8 E @ Sir Ohm Jr). Kaj decides to take the low road (-4 E @ Kaj), the very low road. And loses some ground in the process.

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 8 (4 x 2)
    Kaj Pace → 1 (4 -3)

Ohm's still going going and gone as he reaches the mid-way of the track before laying down a net of charged electricity trapping a few of the local wildlife (-1 E @ Sir Ohm Jr). Kaj pushes himself as hard as he can go while digging (-13 E @ Kaj). It's not fast, not fast at all.

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 5 (4 + 1)
    Kaj Pace → 2 (1 x 2)

A bit of a set-back for Ohm almost cost him the race, but a quick use of spacial arcana gave him the edge this round. As he rolls along, a strange machine sets fire to the island! Oooh Knuckles isn't going to like this at all. Kaj may feel the heat, but the fire hasn't reached him yet. He'll be in for a surprise when he pops his head back up.

Round 3! Post-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 90
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 40

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 75
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 25

Pace

Time Limit Count-Down:

Agility by Voltorb is an Illegal Move. Pokemon Center Moves are not allowed to be used under ASB rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB Rules, Section 2, Sub-section 12
    NYPC moves are the only moves that are illegal to be used for any Pokemon.
    Thus, Ohm Jr was docked Pace and set back 5 steps. Yes I know this is a retro-action, but yeah.

Deadwood Zen Attacks First.
    Dogfish44 Attacks Second
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Junior Trainer

First, Dig back up, and then try and put some of the fire out with a large Blizzard. Try and catch up to the Voltorb with a Pursuit!

Advanced Trainer

Sorry for using Teleport, that was a really foul move on my part. If you wish to ban it for the rest of the match, that's fine by me.

Anyway Sir Ohm, I want you to keep moving. As you roll, set up a rain dance, then try with a Thunder Wave. I want you to finish up with a Taunt. Because apparently you learn it.

Rain Dance ~ Thunder Wave ~ Taunt
    Back bitches

Master Trainer

Round 4! Pre-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 90
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 40
    Dig (Up)~Blizzard~Pursuit

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 75
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 25
    Rain Dance~Thunder Wave~Taunt

Pace

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

Better call the fire department, because Angel Island's on fire! The race has a brand new hazard as the Voltorb rolls through loops of flame and the Zangoose digs his way underground.

Pokémon Battle all set?! Ready? GO!

Ohm Jr starts to bounce around, trying an ancient dance to bring the rain (-4 E @ Sir Ohm Jr, Rain → 2 Rounds), bouncing around like a certain speedy blue hedgehog. Kaj pops his head up out and realizes the islands on fire (-4 E @ Kaj! Did he make a wrong turn at Albuquerque?

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 4 (2 + 2)
    Kaj Pace → 4 (2 + 2)

Rain sizzles against the ground as it starts to affect the fire. It's not enough to put out the entire island. With the track wet, Ohm crackles with electricity before unleashing the net along the ground once more (-2 E @ Sir Ohm Jr/PAR → 25% Chance Attack Failure, SPD → -2 catching the Zangoose hot on his heals. His muscles numbed, Kaj sends out a wide blast of the north wind (-8 E @ Kaj/-12 H @ Sir Ohm Jr) that only helps to spread the fire, mixing with the rain. Now it's a sauna in the Zone.

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 2 (4 + 1 - 3)
    Kaj Pace → 4 (4 – 2 + 2)

The race isn't over yet, as Ohm disses Kaj and his mamma (-3 E @ Sir Ohm Jr/Taunted → 5 Actions), leaving Kaj a might ticked off, dashing after Ohm like hell on wheels (-5 E @ Kaj-5 H @ Sir Ohm Jr). Colliding with the ball and bouncing him a bit.

Sir Ohm Jr Pace → 4 (2 + 2)
    Kaj Pace → 5 (4 + 1)

So far the battle's been kept at a good run. Kaj has picked up the distance and both he and the Voltorb are neck and neck as the zone burns around them. Anyone else hear that low drone in the distance?

Round 4! Post-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 90
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 23
    PAR → 25% Chance Attack Failure
    SPD → -2
    Taunte -> 5 Actions

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 58
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 16

Pace

Time Limit Count-Down:

RainDance Count-Down:

[ III ]

The loss of SPD also meant a loss of Pace for the Action for Kaj thanks to Thunder Wave

Dogfish44 Attacks First.
    Deadwood Zen Attacks Second
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Keep it up Ohm Jr!

I want you to Charge up, then launch a shockwave and blast yourself forward, finishing up with a sprint.

If paralyses grabs him action 3, relax instead.
    Back bitches

Master Trainer

Deadwood, it's been 3 days, you have 4 more.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Another Reminder to Deadwood. You have 24 Hours before you are Disqualified from this match as well. With no post in the Absence Tower explaining a leave of absence, I am enforcing the DQ for this match.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

I'm sorry, but Deadwood Zen is Disqualified from this match, and since neither Pokemon are at the halfway mark (55% HP), no one gets any points.

However since this is a Race and not a Smack-Down, DL may allow point allocation since the race IS halfway over. I await his statement.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art