Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KONQUEST Contest!!!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default KONQUEST Contest!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA WHAT IZZZZ ZIS!!! MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Iz a contest. For anyone that wants to join a contest (8 people maximum plz) sign up. The theme is weather. It'll be a four round Contest, Elimination style and each round of appeals should be based on the weather being inflicted upon the arena. 2 Pokemon Maximum-No holding spots!! First folks that post their Pokemon are in.

First Round: Standard Appeal
    Second Round: Hyper Appeal
    Third Round: Super Appeal
    Fourth(Final): Two Standard Appeals. (You get to pick two weather conditions, one for each Pokemon.)

1) Ayeun: Shiny F Beautifly & M Mothim
    2) Papabopp: Ze Claw Croagunk & Foster F Happiny
    3) MLG: Albert Porteau Walrein & Kamon M Magcargo .
    4) Chaos: Tippy F Venomoth & Shinja Starmie
    5) Dogfish: Meteon Castform & TerraBite F Gabite
    6) Razor: Prospero M Slowking & Montgolfiere M Drifloon
    7)
    8)

Wow, that was fast. Two more and we'll begin.
    First round is standard appeals. Hope you have them ready
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 2nd February 2011 at 05:39 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: KONQUEST Contest!!!

I will enter with my female shiny beautifly, and my Male Mothim.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

I prefer "Bopp" to "Papa" Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

ill give it a go with Ze Claw my Croagunk and Foster my Happiny

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll be entering, but before I select my pokemon, I just want to check, who picks the weather?

Also, are rounds 2 and 3 the wrong way around?

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

Veteran Trainer

No. Hyper before Super. The ref picks them for the first 3, and the last round you pick them :O

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll use Albert Porteau, my male Walrein (Ice Body) and Kamon, my male Magcargo (Flame Body).

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Tippy, my female Venomoth and Shinja, my ungendered Starmie. Abilities: Shield Dust and Natural Cure, respectively.

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

In this with:
    Meteon the male Castform (Forecast)
    TerraBite the female Gabite (Sand Veil)

GOGO team weather!
    Back bitches

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm in.
    Prospero (m) Slowking
    Montgolfiere (m) Drifloon

Veteran Trainer

Ok Contest is starting. Not gonna let it hang. Everyone please post your first appeals.

The Weather for this Scenario is...Rainy ! Go nuts. Arena is Dallas Stadium (:p) Big ol' football field. That should give you freedom of spacing.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Wooo!

Castform, come on out!

Set up a Ominous Wind to run in a vortex above you, then launch some Weather Balls into the spinning vortex.

Finish up with Thunder to crash into the weather balls, and make them splash.
    Back bitches

Master Trainer

All right Monty lets do this.

Use Icy Wind into the air above you to freeze the droplets, then Flash to light them all up and finish with a Shock Wave, shoot it out of your body in every direction to shatter all the bits of ice.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Start off with a Double team. Were on a foot ball field, and Rain, hail or shine, you boys are going to play a game of foot ball... SO double team into enough players.

Next, use Shadow ball and make the pass. It is AMERICAN foot ball, so throw it long.

Finish with Mud-slap as your offense and defense meet in the middle. People pay to see you all get muddy and dirty.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Cool Trainer

Foster, summon a light screen above you in a horizontal position. then use water pulse above you and around the light screen and then use shock wave to shatter the screen as the mass of water comes down

Master Trainer

Albert up!

Create a Substitute first. Then use Rollout and run across the rainy field to tackle it with a Body Slam!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh... There's only 6 in this contest... I'm already the last.

As Ayeun's entry reminded us, we are in a stadium. But a good game needs one thing. Not anything sports-related. An audience with good cheering.

So, start off by double-te... wait a minute... it's raining. That's stupid. Start off with a Light Screen, and light it up with Flash. Spread lots of different colours onto where the audience would sit. Because in football, people aren't mostly flesh and bones anymore. They are coloured face paint, coloured clothes, and loud cheering. So, for that cheering, grab a hold of that rain with Psychic, and start making it all hit the ground at a beat.

Veteran Trainer

Ok this will be up tomorrow :O

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Here we go!!

KONQUEST Contest!!

Here we are! I'm here with our six combatants in the middle of a rainstorm! We are all here in Dallas Stadium, post Super Bowl Madness! The premise is simple. Dazzle the fans here with spectacular contests moves, and stay from being eliminated!

Since this is the first round, all we required was a standard Appeal. Let's see how that all worked out.

First up -in no specific order- is papabopp!

Appeal 1-Papa and Foster

The small Happiny waddles onto center stage to a raucous applause. Its been a while since we hosted a Contest, so enthusiasm is at a high. Foster starts off with raising his hands, a plethora of energy splashing above him and forming an invisible pane that seemed to have the water roll off on it.

People stared at the reflective pane of glass, before water droplets started to shoot upward. This inverse traveling water hung around the shield, pulsing at its own pace. A third ring of energy then came streaking up from Foster, this one electric in build. It zapped right into the ring of Pulsing water, and then redirected at the shield, and at all the raindrops in the area. This created an omnidirectional electric spark show as the current traveled through all the raindrops, spreading as if it was an explosive firecracker-and enhanced by the reflective screen, even as the screen faded from view. A roaring applause ushers Foster safely to the sidelines.

Appeal 2: Razor and Monty.

The rain falls in its usually vertical descent again, and Monty takes center stage. He floats with the storm's breeze and flaps his loose ends a bit. A new breeze seems to escape his gaseous body, a chilling one that freezes the droplets and starts to make them fall with heavier intensity. Before they drop out of the viewers eye level, Monty illuminates the darkened field with a Flash! The audience ooh and aah's at the multifaceted rainbow that appears, before an electric current once again lights up the sky. This time, it cycles around the rainbow created before radiating outward in all directions. Done, Monty floats back over to Razor, applause following.

Appeal 3: Chaos and Shinja

Next up is Shinja. As the audience settles down to enjoy this third set of appeals, Shinja focuses on them all. Seeing how big the arena is, Shinja spins as it creates a Light Screen. This Light Screen is pretty expansive, as it stretches to join the crowd. People reach up to touch it, feeling nothing but something at the same time, a denser collection of air, if you will. Just then, Shinja forces a current of light to ride the screen, Flashing up over the audience in rhythm. Akin to an flashing billboard, the Flash current keeps the crowd occupied, and they already love it.

Its the Psychic manuvear that does the appeal proud. Shinja forces those mental energies to force down all around, slamming the rain into the ground. The pace is quickened, and the crowd stomps along, as the chant "DE-FENSE" is roared. After a good cheering, the appeal ends and people applaud!

Appeal 4: MLG and Albert.

The Flashy appeals seem to be over, as the crowd note Albert's appearance on the field. Going a more direct route, the bulky Walrein takes the time to gore out a piece of the ground with its tusks, and fashion it into a sculpture of a Walrein. Completed with that, he calls out and backs up, the crowd anticipating something...anything. The slick grass makes this much easier on Walrein, as he zips forward and starts to pick up speed, He then goes into a roll, and starts zigzagging across the field, as if he's the star wide receiver. His haphazard path throws him right in front of his Substitute. Flipping out of his roll, the Walrein's collide via a Body Slam, shattering the Substitute. Had this been a a football game, that would have been a season ending injury. People clap, but some kinda wondered about it.

Appeal 5: Ayeun and Mothim

Out flaps Mothim, eager to start a new Appeal session. The crowd watches, eager to get their energy back. The flier starts to create a field of players, but with all this rain, the game seems to be washed out. The clones dissipate, resulting in more than a few sad "Awww's" from the audience. unsure of how this was going to turn out now, Mothim continues, and flings a Shadowball in the sky. The crowd watches as there's nothing there to chase down the Shadowfootball.

Meanwhile the flier swoops in and causes a flurry of Mud flapping left and right, but it does nothing but get them dirty. The Football lands and explodes 30 yards away, and the crowd kinda murmurs...

Appeal 6: Dogfish and Castform

Alright! This leaves our last competitor, Dogfish. He floats out onto the field and instantly changes into his Water Forme! Unphazed by this heavy rain, the Weather-mon first releases a blinding vortex of wind, that makes the arena into a cyclone of sorts. People don't mind the sideways rainstorm. In fact, they're entranced! It gets even better as orbs of blue energy cycle within the storm. People watch this cortex warily, until a massive Thunder snakes in from the heavens and plays Connect the Dots with the Weather Balls, shattering each and every one of them. No large display of colors was seen, but the winds were stopped instantly by the energy blast. The immediate stop of the cycling water left people soaked, but cheers were heard in the midst.

======

Alright, that was the end of Round 1.
    With 6 competitors, there will only be room for 5 in Round 2.

Results!

Papa: Your appeal was fresh and bright, although it ended pretty fast. That's the nature of light. 8.0/10
    Razor: Your appeal had a similar effect to papa's; bright in the midst of the rain. The colors lasted longer, which helped your appeal 8.2/10
    Chaos: Unique, using the rain as the medium to create the sound needed for the rallying cheer. Great way for the Flash to be used, as a cue instead of just light. 8.8/10
    MLG: The appeal was in a different direction, going for more simplistic measures. The buildup to the tackle was less than stellar, though the hit itself was pretty nice. 7.9/10
    Ayeun: Yikes. The Rain really messed up the feel of the appeal it. It just looked like Mothim fluttered around in the dirt for a while by the end. 4/10
    Dogfish: Inventive! A cyclone and thunder! It really made for a wet appeal. But the crowd definitely didn't mind it! That Thunder was precisely controlled as well. 8.8/10

Sorry Ayay, but you're eliminated this round.

Second Round appeals are in.....Sandstorm like weather! Post yer Hyper Appeals
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 13th February 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry... was using Shinja, the Starmie.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Is the arena the same, except for the weather?

Veteran Trainer

Yes

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

OK, which smartass put a SANDSTORM in a stadium? DL, could you tell me how hard it is going to be to see things in this? I don't want an ignored appeal...
    Back bitches

Veteran Trainer

Visibility is reduced 25% because of guards put up to protect the viewers. That's all I can say (Hey its a challenge, and you get 5 moves >p)

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

OK Terrabite, let's go!

Use Twister + Stealth Rock to create a spiral, with the stealth rocks forming a sort of spiral staircase.

Then, climb the stairs and let a Draco Meteor fall from the skies. As it hurtles down, Use Hidden Power to glow and combine with Dragon Claw to jump up and smash the rock as it falls.

Twister Stealth Rock ~ Draco Meteor ~ Hidden Power + Dragon Claw.

Voila.
    Back bitches

Master Trainer

Hmm.. five moves. Okay Prospero, they've had a fancy show, now let's give em a scare!

Start off with a slow but loud Belly Drum to catch the attention of the crowd. Send a Flame Thrower out to create a fearsome red glow in the sand, then use an Earthquake to cause the ground to rumble. Now armour up with Iron Defence and burst out of the sandstorm to land with a powerful Stomp!

Cool Trainer

oh wow 5 moves? nice
    okay, Ze Claw lets get the crowd pumped by "flattering" them!
    now lets get down and dirt with with an earthquake that will break up the ground around you and make it fly up and as its coming down use rocktomb to surround yourself with boulders and with the stuff from the earthquake. then use a dynamic punch aiming up to force all the earth and boulders up in the earth and use rock climb as theyre flying up to get up as high as you can and once you get to as high as you can get start doin all kinds of flips and acrobatical shit on your way down!

Veteran Trainer

o.O Papa, are your 5 moves Flatter~Earthquake~Rock Tomb~Dynamic Punch~Rock Climb? Just wanna make sure.

Entertaining quotes!

Cool Trainer

yup

Veteran Trainer

MLG and Chaos, appeals

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Kamon. Go.

Start off with a big Smog and throw it into the sandstorm! Then set off a fire by burning the smog with Lava Plume! Then collect your energy with Stockpile before exploding with a spit up.

Smog - Lava Plume - Stockpile - Explosion + Spit up.

Veteran Trainer

>.> Chaos.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

<<
    >>

Thought I posted in this. I'll do it tonight.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Or in the morning...

I'll be using Tippy, my Venomoth. Ayeun screwed this one up hardcore, so the audience never got the chance to see it. So, let's do it properly for her. Start off with a Substitute. Fire off a soccer Energy Ball. Both the original and the substitute can charge it down with a Take Down. Once you collide, get sand flying everywhere with a Gust. Then, the loser can be a rather sore loser with a Rage.

Substitute ~ Energy Ball ~ Take down ~ Gust ~ Rage.

Veteran Trainer

Doing this tonight.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

La!

Round Two takes place in the stadium still, but now a Sandstorm is being brewed. Its not super powerful, so obscurity is not horribly deadened.

First up, in no particular order, is Razor Leaf

Appeal 1: RL and Prospero

The appeal starts with Prospero moving to one end of the Sandstorm laden stadium. As he walks toward the 20 yard line, one can hear the Drumming through the earth, in tune with the Sandstorms rhythmic up's and downs. As he hits the twenty, flames burst out of the top of the sand storm, but a red streak can be seen from Prospero to the point where fire breaches sand. The line of reddened sand sweeps back and forth like a searchlight before it stands up straight before fading away, and leading toward a deep rumbling of the earth. The crowd all stand up, feeling those tremors and watch intently as Prospero is airborne. Guess the tremors must have launched him.

Prospero seems focused, as he holds himself tightly together; glinting a tad as he barrels back into the sands, and lands with enough strength to Stomp the ground and force the sands apart long enough for the crowd to see him on one knee. The crowd claps uproaringly, and he exits.

Appeal 2: Chaos and Tippy

After that comes Tippy (and the local Diglett's to fix the field. La). Tippy takes a moment to deal with the sand everywhere, before starting her appeal. She batters sand and grass around and plops a visible but shaded Substitute down on the field. Flying back from the Substitute, she blasts an oblong Energy Ball down toward it-before flying after it. The Sub-rocked by the sands, moves back and forth, as if to catch the Ball.

Both Sub and true Tippy collide as the Energy ball is caught up to by the Venomoth,and the Sub is blasted backwards, along with the sands for a quick moment, gusts of wind ripping everything aside for the audience to see clearly who won that possession battle. The sub falls, still a bit green, and Tippy groans, flapping his wings arduously and slamming its body on the ground, obviously upset and just looking like a moth with one less wing.
    The crowd cheers for this appeal, and Tippy quits the tantrum to take a bow.

Appeal 3: MLG and Kamon

As Tippy leaves, out slithers Kamon. The crowd notes the Magcargo for a moment, and then realizes its getting darker wherever it slithers. That's 'cause its creating Smog around itself as it moves around. It seems rather counter intuitive until the Lava plume ignites rather rapidly, burning sand into goop and flaring up as if it was a low flying fireworks display. People lean back from the brightness and heat, as Kamon soldiers up its reserves of heat energy. The Pokemon begins to glow a faint auburn for a moment, before that changes to deep red...then to a shallow Pink...and then to a brilliant white. Some people already figured it out...and ducked for cover.

Opening his mouth, Kamon released all that heated energy in a blackish form before exploding in a magnificent show of calderic power. Bits and pieces of sand clusters slammed into the barriers, but everyone cheered once more.

Appeal 4: Dogfish and Terrabite

As Kamon and his remnants are moved, out speeds Terrabite, who seems none too perturbed by the weather right now. Terra however takes the jagged rocks left behind by Kamon and collects them with a Twister. This Twister also gets the Sandstom to be more of less contained, and the crowd watches with glee.

The largest chunks start to swirl closer together and they form a winding path up the Twister. Terra keeps focus and runs up teh rocky stairpath, and points to the skies, claws glowing. It doesn't take long for the Meteor to come barreling down towards Dallas Stadium, freaking everyone out just a little bit.

But not to fear. Terra has it all under control. The stairwell starts to give out, but Terra lunges for the incoming meteor, body glowing with a Power previously unseen, Its coupled with raw power as Terra Claws his way through the Meteor! This results in an aerial Explosion that sends MORE rocks flying everywhere. Terra speeds out the other side of the stone, heading down to a raucous applause.

Appeal 5: Papa and Claw

With that appeal over, (And Terra eating crap as it landed, but no one saw that), out bounced Ze Claw. He turned toward his onlookers and started to pump his fists in excitement. The crowd catches on and pumps with him. Ze notes this and points at all of them, which gets the crowd feeling good!! Glad the energy is at a fever pitch, Ze then starts by slamming all those good vibes into the ground, creating a rolling set of tremors that everyone seems to ride as a wave. This also gets Claw airborne, and that allows for all the stones from the past appeals to be collected in a Rock Tomb around himself as he sails through the air.

Passing his apex, Claw then shoves his fist in the air, trying to power up more stones and earth , but not much more flies up. To recovers, he begins jumping across and up the debris that's already still in the sky and manages to reach the top of it all. He gives one last powerful fistpump which the crowd reacts to,before flipping back down-jumping on every boulder before it lands in a roaring cascade.

The audience applauds..and Papa leaves.

--Results --

Razor: It was a solid appeal. Good form, good technique. Got the crowd invoked and a great way to introduce your POkemon if they were coming out on stage or at a live event. 8.8/10

Chaos: I was worried at the beginning, but you used the Energy Ball-Sub combo well. However, it was the ending that threw everyone off. Rage tantrum or not, Tippy looked off kilter there, flopping around after that display of strength, rarely seen for Venomoth. 8.5/10

MLG: A Double Explosion. Greatly visible, I like the "warning" of a boom with the Plume, before the mega boom. While very explosive though, I didn't feel any real, imagery from the whole display itself. Explosions are fine and all, but it just seemed you threw them in for the sheer shock factor. 8/10

Dogfish: A whole little story set up, I liked the part with the stairs, that took control, and the Sandstorm only helped matters for Terra. The Dragonclaw Hidden Power was eh, but to combat a meteor is always something people are going to enjoy. 9.2/10

Papa: The appeal came after an array of explosive ones, so it was hard to see where you were going with this. The beginning was great, I was ready for a crowd surfing type deal, but then the continuous raising of land became excessive and ultimately weakened by the lack of energy thrown back into the ground portion. The end was strong as it could be for a frog, but I kinda was left wanting a lil more. 7.8/10

Sorry Papa, you're eliminated. Next Round, go. Super appeals (4 moves this time) in hot Sunny Weather! Go for it!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 24th February 2011 at 09:42 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I usually wait till everyone else has posted, so as not to overlap with anyone's ideas. Is that the same as everyone else, and we have a giant standstill?

Master Trainer

Just trying to think of a good appeal. It took me ages to think up Slowking's appeal so I want this one to be as good.

Master Trainer

Kamon, you're up again.

This appeal is called:

First, use Rock Tomb around yourself and shape it like a volcano with Earthpower. Then alert the audience that something is happening with a Smokescreen that starts pouring out of the top slightly at first; before finishing with Overheat as a blasting volcano!

Veteran Trainer

*pokes DF RL and Chaos*

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

OK Monty, lets give them a show. Create a Weather Ball so that it brightens up with the sun. Now use Shadow Ball and slowly move it in front of the Weather Ball like a Solar Eclipse. As you do so, create a Haze so that everything grows darker when you cover the 'sun'. As the Shadow Ball moves away use Defog to blow away the haze and brighten everything up again.