Thread: MLG vs. Pichu Luver: Double Trouble! [Ref: Oslo]

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default MLG vs. Pichu Luver: Double Trouble! [Ref: Oslo]

Alright, who's in?

A double battle challenge - two on two - by yours truly on this arena:

Banned: Toxic, Pain Split and Destiny Bond.
    DQ: 5 days.
    Abilities on.
    I send out first, you attack first.

My chosen duo for this match will be Loki Black, my male Sneasel (Keen Eye) and Irou White, my male Murkrow (Super Luck).

Master Trainer

Default Re: Open Double-battle Challenge!

No one to pick up this fancy skirmish?

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Had to join first. Just to have me own ass handed to me on a Belgian platter.

I'll use Sati, Ponyta [Flame Body] and Turin, Dratini [Shed Skin]

Sati I want you to use Agility, Flame Charge on Loki Black and a Fire Spin on Irou Luck. If Loki tries an Ice move on Turin, Mimic it.

Turin I want you to use Safegaurd, Secret Power on Loki and Twister on Irou.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Master Trainer

Former Gymleader Canadians ahoy! I'm in luck, let's see how this goes.

Go forth my devilish duo, battle with smart and stealth.

Loki, Snatch that Agility, then when it attacks you avoid the charge with Faint attack and strike from the shadows! Finally use that boosted speed of yours to increase your Swords Dance in the opposite direction to negate the Fire Spin.

Irou, Snatch that Safeguard for the team, then use Icy Wind to blow him back. Finish with a Sucker Punch.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Will ref!

TEAM MLG
    versus
    TEAM PICHU LOVER

Rules: Toxic, Pain Split and Destiny Bond
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: Five days

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LOVER

‡ Round 1 ‡

Good day, ladies and gents, and welcome to… uh… what I can only assume is a stripped down, demoish version of Pokemon Stadium 2 from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Here, a fiery battle will take place between established E4 extraordinaire MLG and newcomer-but-not-really-a-newcomer Pichu Lover. The trainers begin by summoning their Pokemon to do battle in this rather bizarre arena, with MLG releasing a black weasel with wicked claws alongside a sable crow. Pichu Lover, on the other hand, takes a trip down the pretty-and-adorable route by opting for a petite horse with a flaming mane and a big-eyed dwaggin.

Let’s do this!

Sati and Turin kick things off by trying for a couple of strategic Status moves. Sati begins running laps around the stadium perimeter while Turin throws a silvery veil over himself and his partner. However, Loki Black and Irou White exchange confident smirks as their release large, grasping hands composed entirely of some sort of black energy. The hands Snatch the Agility and Safeguard before dragging their attendant effects back to Team MLG’s side of the field. Sati whickers aggressively while Turin hisses. Cheaters!

Loki Black: <-4 EP; +2 Spd; Sgd>
    Irou White: <-4 EP; Sgd>

Sati: <-4 EP>
    Turin: <-4 EP>

Irked that his precious Safeguard was heinously Snatched out of his clutches, Turin fires off a sudden energy burst at Loki. However, the cunning Sneasel merely vanishes into the darkness, leaving Turin more than a little bit baffled. Loki swiftly rematerializes behind Turin and swats the Dratini with a streak of black energy while Irou kicks up a frigid gale that cripples Turin’s agility with flecks of ice and snow.

Sati, meanwhile, increases her own Speed as she enters into a running tackle. Flames swell up around her body as she turns into a fiery bullet, galloping toward Loki. She collides with the Sneasel, knocking him backwards. She starts stomping the ground aggressively with her hoof. Suck it, weasel boy!

Loki Black: <-10 HP; -4 EP>
    Irou White: <-4 EP>

Sati: <-3 EP; +1 Spd>
    Turin: <-19 HP; -5 EP; -1 Spd>

Irou White continues his assault against Turin as he darts forth, bawls up his right wing and delivers a sudden punch. However, Sati once again has her partner’s back as she targets the attacking Murkrow with a Fire Spin. Now it’s Loki Black’s turn to demonstrate his teamwork as he leaps in front of Irou and begins spinning and waving his claws in the air. The sheer speed of the Swords Dance repels the flames altogether and even hones the Sneasel’s offensive ability. Turin closes the round by kicking up a ferocious Twister attack. The gale kicks up errant scraps of turf which collide with the Murkrow, buffeting him effectively.

Loki Black: <-4 EP; +2 Att>
    Irou White: <-6 HP; -6 EP>

Sati: <-2 EP>
    Turin: <-10 HP; -2 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LOVER

Notes:

> Loki Black and Irou White's Safeguard will remain in effect for two more rounds
    > At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume
    > TEAM MLG to command next

Master Trainer

Loki, Taunt and Icepunch on Turin, then Crush Claw on Sati!

Irou, Confuse Ray on Sati, then Drill Peck and Brave Bird on Turin!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default Re: MLG vs. Pichu Luver: Double Trouble! [Ref: Oslo]

Both of you use Protect, we don't need those attacks foiling ze plan. Then Sati, get infront of Turin and meet Loki's attack with a Flare Blitz. Then use Round on him as well.

Turin, after Protect, use Safeguard and join in with Sati's Round on Loki. btw Oslo

Edit: Btw Oslo, thanks for reffing but it's Luver with a u not an o, lol.
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 28th June 2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Name problem fixed, Pichu Luver! Sorry about that!

TEAM MLG
    versus
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Round 2 ‡

Though Loki and Irou appear to have taken an early lead, Sati and Turin don’t seem ready to accept defeat whatsoever. As the Sneasel and Murkrow begin lobbing a heartless Taunt and a pulsating Confuse Ray at Pichu Luver’s Pokemon, Sati and Turin quickly throw up Protective bubbles around themselves. Loki’s words are reduced to a dull murmur Turin can’t really hear while the Confuse Ray slams against the shield, going dim upon impact.

Loki Black: <-4 EP>

Sati: <-8 EP>
    Turin: <-8 EP>

As his fist surges with a bizarre icy energy, Loki sets his sights on Turin and springs toward the blue serpent. Sati, however, has other plans and leaps in front of her Dratini ally. As flames consume her entire body, she rears up onto her hind legs and starts flailing her front hooves at Loki. The sheer heat melts away the icy energy enveloping Loki’s fist and the whatever remains of the Flare Blitz's power knocks the Sneasel back, singeing his whole body in the process. Ouch! Meanwhile, Irou swoops in toward Turin and begins beleaguering the Dragon Pokemon with a series of powerful jabs from his beak. However, Turin remains strong against the Drill Peck and manages to drape a silvery veil over himself and his teammate, preventing them from succumbing to statuses. Yay!

Loki Black: <-16 HP; -6 EP>
    Irou White: <-6 EP>

Sati: <-10 EP; -5 HP from recoil>
    Turin: <-10 HP; -4 EP>

With an opportunity now to exact a little revenge against Sati, Loki springs toward the Ponyta and uses his increased Attack to assault her with numerous swipes of his fearsome claws. Irou keeps his sights set on Turin and throws everything he has into a full-bodied tackle, causing the Dratini to tumble backward to the stadium’s edge. However, rather than falling off the platform, Turin wriggles forth and begins singing some hideous Dratini song. I mean, yeah, Dratinis cute and all that shit, but man, they sound like death! Sati joins in and begins whinnying some tune in near-unison with her partner. The result is a massive build-up of sound that pummels Loki into the ground, crushing him with the sheer sonic force of it all.

Loki Black: <-24 HP; -6 EP>
    Irou White: <-10 EP; -5 HP recoil>

Sati: <-12 HP; -7 EP>
    Turin: <-14 HP; -7 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LUVER

Notes:

> Loki Black and Irou White's Safeguard will remain in effect for one more round
    > Sati and Turin's Safeguard will remain in effect for seven more actions
    > TEAM PICHU LUVER to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 1st July 2011 at 07:57 PM.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Alright Sati I want you to use Captivate on Irou (Sati's female, Turin's male), and both Strength and Flamethrower on Loki.

Turin use Double Team, Extremespeed on Irou followed by Thunderbolt on him as well.

If someone tries to Snatch the Double Team, Sati, hit the offending Poké with Swift.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Loki, Focus Punch on Sati! Then Snarl on Sati and finish with Icepunch on Turin (after the Haze is launched).

Irou, Faint attack after the Double Team, then Sucker Punch also on Turin. Finish with Haze to shroud you and Loki.

Master Trainer

TEAM MLG
    versus
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Round 3 ‡

As the next round begins, Loki closes his eyes and begins humming quietly to himself. What could this little trickster be up to? Meanwhile, Turin—who so far seems to be having the hardest time out of all the Pokemon on the field—does a little spin and generates three smiling Dratini clones to help out his team. Irou, not thrilled with the idea of fighting a five-on-two battle, vanishes on the spot. When he reappears, he’s standing right behind the real Turin and goes for a sudden swipe. His attack, strengthened by a convenient critical hit, connects with the real Turin and causes the clones to fade away in one go. Turin frowns. Now it’s Sati’s turn to strike as she peers at Irou and bats those sexy Ponyta lashes of hers. While I’m trying not to imagine the hellish Ponyta/Murkrow spawn that would result from their union, Irou White is simply so Captivated that his Special Attack stat takes a dip.

Loki’s eyes suddenly go wide. You haven’t forgotten about him, have you? He zips toward Sati and, with a colossal surge of physical strength, socks it to her with a mighty Focus Punch. She’s thrown clear off her hooves and lands hard against the ground below. Ouchies.

Loki Black: <-13 EP>
    Irou White: <-4 EP; -2 SpA; Crit>

Sati: <-19 HP; -4 EP>
    Turin: <-12 HP; -4 EP; 0 clones>

Turin now springs into action with a sudden wealth of speed and energy, throwing himself forward in a super-speedy tackling attack aimed right at Irou. The Murkrows squawks as the Dratini barrels into him, pinning him to the ground. For whatever reason, Loki seems to absolutely abhor poor little Sati and starts bullying the Ponyta with a vicious Snarl! The sound waves pummel her before she can even get up to her feet after that powerful Focus Punch and her ranged prowess takes a dip. She pulls herself up and whickers viciously before using her head to propel Loki a good five feet into the air, after which he lands with a sudden thud. She growls. This girl comes equipped with a +6 Rage stat, it would seem.

As all this goes on, Irou merely sits there beneath Turin’s bulk, bewildered as why he can’t seem to attack.

Loki Black: <-8 HP; -4 EP>
    Irou White: <-8 HP; Can’t move!>

Sati: <-8 HP; -6 EP; -1 SpA>
    Turin: <-6 EP>

Irou wiggles out from under Turin and coughs out a thick, hanging veil of opaque grey gas. Loki emerges from the Haze and deals a quick icy punch to his Dratini foe, only to wind up visible and thus vulnerable to a Flamethrower care of Sati. As the crackling flames roast poor Loki alive, Turin shakes off the lingering ice crystals and fires off a Thunderbolt into the Haze. There’s no way to tell whether it hits its target, but judging by the amused Murkrow laughter coming from within the gaseous shroud, I’m gonna say no, probably not. Since this area is not enclosed, the Haze begins to slowly dissipate.

And with that, the weasel and the crow find themselves without a Safeguard.

Loki Black: <-13 HP; -6 EP>

Sati: <-8 EP>
    Turin: <-16 HP; -8 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LUVER

Notes:

> I ref Sucker Punch very similar to the way it works in the games, which means the move doesn't work if user is attacked first—and since ExtremeSpeed rocks a +2 priority while Sucker Punch is simply +1, the attack failed
    > Sati and Turin's Safeguard will remain in effect for four more actions

Master Trainer

Loki, another Icepunch on Turin! Then Dynamicpunch on Sati and finish with Icebeam on Turin (or Frustration on Sati if Turin already fainted).

Irou, use Brave Bird on Sati. Then Drill Peck on Turin and another one Sati.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ok guys, let's try this. Sati, as best you can I want you to try and take the hit for Turin. Then both of you blast a Round In Loki's face.

After, Sati use a combo of Quick Attack and Flame Charge to finish Loki off.

Turin, if your still concious use a Extremespeed to avoid the Drill Peck and attack (if you can do both, if not just avoid it). Then use a Blizzard on Irou and to blow away the Haze.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

TEAM MLG
    versus
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Round 4 ‡

With only a few wisps of Haze remaining, Loki has no reservations with stepping outside of the protective smog barrier to deliver an Ice Punch. The Sneasel sprints over toward Turin to deal the crippling attack; however, at the last second, Sati dives in and the blow collides against one of her muscled flanks. Irou also swoops out of the dissipating Haze and punishes Sati with a reckless aerial dive, earning himself a little recoil damage in the process.

With Sati looking a little worse for the wear, both she and Turin begin singing. Their vocal attack throws Loki back to the stadium’s edge, bringing him to the very brink of defeat.

Loki Black: <-24 HP; -6 EP>
    Irou White: <-10 EP; -5 HP from recoil>

Sati: <-21 HP; -7 EP>
    Turin: <-7 EP>

As the Haze vanishes for good, Sati lets out a wild shout as she rampages toward the wounded Sneasel at a blistering pace. Loki pulls himself up to his feet and prepares to intercept Sati’s attack with a powerful punch, but she manages to barrel into him before he gets the chance. After that powerful hit, Loki is down and out.

Alone now, Irou swoops down toward Turin and prepares to put that super-sharp beak of his to good use. However, Turin uses a speedy move of his own to dart around the incoming attack and, as Irou starts trying to kill his momentum with a few powerful beats of his wings so he doesn’t crash into the ground, Turin strikes. With a mighty tackle, he knocks Irou onto the ground.

Loki Black: <-5 HP>
    Irou White: <-8 HP; -6 EP

Sati: <-5 EP; +1 Spd>
    Turin: <-6 EP>

Sati has no choice but to pause and regain her composure as Irou and Turin, the two second fiddles of this match, execute their commands. Irou regains flight before swooping down toward Sati to deliver a rather satisfying Drill Peck, leaving painful gouge marks along her withers, Turin unleashes a chilling ice storm. The howling wind carries flecks of snow that prove to be rather unpleasant for poor Irou. First his partner dies and now he has no shelter from the storm. Can the poor widdle Murkrow prevail?

Irou White: <-18 HP; -6 EP; Crit>

Sati: <-15 HP>
    Turin: <-10 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM MLG

TEAM PICHU LUVER

Notes:

> Sati and Turin's Safeguard will remain in effect for one more action
    > TEAM PICHU LUVER to command next

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Right.... both of you use Double Team then Round, and finish with a Flame Wheel by Sati and a Blizzard by Turin
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Wait for them to set up clones, then rush through them all using Aerial Ace (attack both targets if possible, if not pick Turin)! Protect against the Rounds and finish with Brave Bird on Turin.

Master Trainer

TEAM MLG
    versus
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM MLG
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Round 5 ‡

Though Irou is left to battle without an ally, the Murkrow doesn’t appear ready to let these less-than-stellar odds get the better of him. The Murkrow watches as its foes perform simultaneous Double Teams and, in an instant, this two-on-one battle has turned into an eight-on-one. Letting out a battle shriek, Irou swoops toward Turin and homes in on the correct Dratini. He rakes his talons across Turin’s back, causing Turin’s clones to disappear in a quick instant.

Suddenly, the Safeguard protecting Sati and Turin against Status effects drops.

Sati: <-4 EP; 3 clones>
    Turin: <-8 HP; -4 EP; 0 clones>

Sati and Turin exchange quick looks and nod. It’s music time! Turin begins singing and Sati follows shortly thereafter, causing powerful vocal swells to tumble through the air toward Irou. However, the Darkness Pokemon merely throws up a barrier of black energy that flexes as the Rounds slam into its smooth surface. However, the Protect holds strong, allowing Irou to turn a deaf ear to the dangerous melodies surging around him.

Irou White: <-8 EP>

Sati: <-7 EP; 3 clones>
    Turin: <-7 EP>

Swooping down again, Irou sets his sights on Turin as he breaks into a rapid aerial charge. Before the attack makes contact, Turin just barely manages to kick up a sudden snowstorm as Sati casts a rollicking Flame Wheel at the racing Murkrow. As the utter confusion caused by all these attacks settles, the effects remain clear: Turin now lies there on the ground, unmoving and defeated.

Irou White: <-22 HP; -4 HP from recoil; -10 EP>

Sati: <-4 EP; 3 clones>
    Turin: <-11 HP; -10 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM MLG
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

Notes:

Master Trainer

Why did Flame Wheel do 18 damage?

Master Trainer

Flame Wheel and Blizzard together did 22 HP. On top of that, there was 4 HP recoil.

Master Trainer

Whoops, my bad man

Faint attack, then Mud Slap twice!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Hmmm ok Sati it's a bit risky but let yourself take the Faint Attack, then slam Irou with a Wild Charge. Finish Irou off quickly with a combo of Quick Attack and Flame Wheel.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

TEAM MLG
    versus
    TEAM PICHU LUVER

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM MLG
    TEAM PICHU LUVER
    ‡ Round 6 ‡

Things heat up as our battle whittles away to its last two combatants, Irou and Sati, who exchange fearsome looks before attacking. With a cry, Irou vanishes on the spot, leaving Sati all on her lonesome in this peculiar battlefield. Suddenly, the Murkrow reappears behind her and, as his wing bristles with Dark energy, he lashes out at her. Suddenly, the clones all vanish as he makes contact with the correct Ponyta; however, flames leap from Sati's body and Burn poor Irou's wing.

Without her clones, Sati knows she's going to have to step things up. Whickering aggressively, she barrels forth as stray jolts of electricity crackle around her frame. She drives the full force of her body into Irou, delivering one heck of a shock. The surplus electric current shocks Sati mildly as well.

Irou White: <-14 HP; -4 EP; Brn>

Sati: <-8 HP; -4 HP from recoil; -7 EP; 0 clones>

Looking around, Irou spots a stray patch of mud on the ground and skips toward it. As he scoops it up in his wing and prepares to throw it, Sati beats him to the punch as she combines a speedy tackle with a spinning wheel of flames. The super-speedy combo strikes Irou with sufficient force and throws the Murkrow backwards. As his last act, he just barely manages to fling the mud in Sati's face and even scores a critical hit, but it doesn't seem to be enough to bring the Ponyta down.

With that, Irou crumples in defeat.

Irou White: <-10 HP; -2 EP; Crt>

Sati: <-5 HP; -6 EP; -1 Acc>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM MLG
    ××
    TEAM PICHU LUVER
    That's that! Pichu Luver just barely manages to take home the prize. She gets four points, MLG gets two points and I receive six. And that's that!

Later, guys!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Fhew! Close one! Well fought MLG, thought you had me when Irou still had 80HP left compared to my 50 and 20. Almost did later too when you knocked out Turin.

Thanks for your quick and great reffing Oslo. ^^ *runs away with 4 points*
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*