Thread: PL vs Cynder {Ref: TS}

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default PL vs Cynder {Ref: TS}

Yellow people! I'd like another battle if anyone is willing.

1v1
    Arena: A meadow in the midst of a thick forest. Off to one side the ground tips down to a small pond, edged by cat tails and lilly-pads. A large willow tree drapes over pond.
    Abilities in effect.
    Rules: If you want to add any please say, otherwise none.
    DQ: 1 week.

I choose Alastar my Deerling [Serene Grace].
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 25th June 2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: PL vs ??? {Ref:???}

I'll take this if you don't mind

I'll send out my female Trapinch Sabaku with Sheer Force ability, she needs exerience.

Signal Beam ~ Gust ~ Crunch

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

SQUEEE!!!

Not reffing LOL.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Sounds good Cynder and LOL DL.

Alastar use Worry Seed, Flash and Energy Ball.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Full time arse Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: PL vs Cynder {Ref:???}

I'll take this, if everyone's alright with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    No escape from reality...
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies
    And see...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

You have to become an approved ref at the reffing tower before you can ref. I think you might be able to ref without, but you don't get as many rewards or something? I'd check with one of the mods or become an approved ref first.

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
    You have to become an approved ref at the reffing tower before you can ref. I think you might be able to ref without, but you don't get as many rewards or something? I'd check with one of the mods or become an approved ref first.
    I had asked before, you don't have to be approved, you just don't get the benefits
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

Existing In a Parallel Plane Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I think you might be able to ref without, but you don't get as many rewards or something? I'd check with one of the mods or become an approved ref first.
    This is true. There's no extra burden being an approved ref, and once you ref a certain amount of battles, you get extra goodies. It even says you can ref without being approved on the first Post of the Reffing Tower.
    <------ Major thanks to Cynder for these!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I thought I'd seen that before, but I couldn't remember if it was exactly right. Ref away!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Damn you people reply fast, lol. I agree with Cynder's sentiment. By all means, go ahead Toucan and thanks ^^.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

Default Round One

Pre round

The water in the pond rippled as a Surskit skated across it, bouncing the lilies around distorting the reflection of the willow tree looming overhead. Algae and leaves also danced on top of the pond, and barely visible, underneath the algae, a loan Feebas could be seen, until it fled. Both Cynder and Pichu Luver wandered into the meadow from either side, the bottoms of their shoes obscured by the overgrown grass and weeds. The two eyed each other from the opposite sides of the meadow, each of them gasping a Poké Ball in their hands. By the glare, both of them knew that they were challenging each other to battle. Pichu Luver was the first to summon their Pokémon, a Deerling popping out of the red-and-grey orb. Cynder Ponyta Lover then threw her Poké Ball, summoning her Trapinch.

Pre-battle statistics

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Serene Grace
    Health:
    100%
    Energy:
    100%
    Feelin' fine, rarin' to battle
    Worry Seed ~ Flash ~ Energy Ball

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Sheer Force
    Health:
    100%
    Energy:
    100%
    Chomp
    Signal Beam ~ Gust ~ Crunch

Round 1

Just by looking at the two, it was quite obvious who would go first. Alastar began to shake, hooves hidden in the grass, as he shook, seeds began to rise from the ground and fly towards Alastar and orbit him, creating a ball of translucent orange glow, filled with dark, brown bits. Closing his eyes, Alastar turned towards Sabaku and the orange ball left Alastar and struck Sabaku! However, this orange, translucent, bitty ball did no damage, in fact, it left Sabaku feeling more awake.

Sabaku's ability is now Insomnia.
    -1 ENG for Alastar

Now feeling more alive, Sabaku grinned and opened her mouth wide. Just like a Venus Fly-trap, she left her mouth open, a little, green ball formed in her mouth and, along with the amount of time she kept her mouth open, the ball grew bigger. Until the ball grew to a similar size as her torso, she then slightly closed her jaw and the ball flew out of her jaw, compressed with how her jaw was slightly closed, it tore through the air and struck Alastar, knocking him back a bit and slightly singing the grass.

Damage done:
    6% damage done

Confusion roll (1 - 10 means confusion, 11 - 100 means no added effect):

Sabaku:
    -4 ENG

Alastar looked over to Sabaku and did whatever the deer equivalent of shrugging is. That attack barely scraped him, not taking him out of the nineties, even though it was a super effective attack. This new sense of invincibility made Alastar's confidence raise through the roof...or canopy. For a second, his eyes flashed totally white. Following suit, but much slower, his fur began to glow too, the intensity suddenly rising and rising until it submerged the entire meadow, the two trainers shielding their eyes while Sabaku looked on, frying his irises. The flash stopped, the trainers removing their arms from their eyes and looking around. Sabaku looked around frantically, squeaking and growling in rage as her vision returned, however, lesser than what it had been.

Sabaku:
    -1 ACC (100/1.25)

Alastar:
    - 2 ENG

Sabaku, while frantically looking around, noticed something on her back. W-what was that? Could that have been a tail? No, Trapinch have no tail. Could it have been a blur caused by her blurred vision? Maybe, but whatever it was, Sabaku had to chase it. With no cause for concern, she began to chase her blurry blob on her back. Faster and faster and faster and faster, she continued chasing her back, that thing had to be chased. When, wait a minute, the tail-chasing started to cause a whirlwind! The leaves on the trees rustling, the loose leaves and dirt on the floor and pond were kicked up into the air. And then Sabaku realised something...there was nothing on her back! All of a sudden, she stopped and the whirlwind dissipated, turning into a gust (if the physics is wrong, I'm 16) and racing straight towards Alastar!

The gust struck Alastar, knocking him back. He cringed and then regained his stance.

3% damage done

Accuracy roll: 54 (80+ would be a miss)

Sabaku:
    -2 ENG

Alastar had lost almost 10% of his total health, that was call for retaliation! Facing up to the sky, he took a deep breath of the fresh, forest air and then opened his muzzle. A small, green orb formed in his maw and started to grow at an alarming rate. The ball grew larger and larger, greener and greener until it was twice the circumference of Alastar's head. He then tilted his head forward and sent the bright, glowing ball of green energy flew forward and sent Sabaku flying backwards!

11% damage done
    (rounded up from 10.5)

Special Defence lowering roll (1 - 10 will lower special defence):

Alastar:
    - 5 ENG

Sabaku:
    -1 SPDEF

Sabaku recoiled and squeaked, damn, for a Pokémon with 40 Special Attack stat, that did quite a lot of damage! It was time to stop messing around, time to stop with the special based moves. She looked over to Alastar, the smug mammal-based bastard. She glared for a moment and then rushed forward, opening her jaws wide and steaming ahead at four miles an hour. As she reached Alastar, she chomped hard. Harder than she had ever done before...

9% damage done

Defence deduction roll (1 - 10 reduces Defence):

Accuracy roll:

Sabaku:
    - 4 ENG

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Serene Grace
    Health:
    82%
    Energy:
    92%
    Lucky rolls...sort-a

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    89%
    Energy:
    90%
    - 1 ACC, -1 SP DEF

Notes:
    Abandoned my formula, I got minus numbers. Based it off of stats and maths.
    Would it be Cynder to order next, then PL? If I'm wrong, correct me.
    Randomiser still works though#
    Any problems, I'm open towards criticism, I'm also open to praise. Very open. If you want someone to replace me, I'm totally fine with it. I've not reffed an ASB match properly in two years.
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: PL vs Cynder {Ref: TS}

Woah, nice reffing... GO APPLY TO BE A PERMANANT REF. NAO.

Bug Bite ~ Crunch ~ Bug Bite

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Nicely done Toucan. ^^ Though actually I'm supposed to go first since Cynder listed her attacks first last round. We switch order after ever reffing.

Alastar I'd like you to jump in the pond near some cat tails and use Camouflage, then use Leech Seed and Nature Power.

You're up Cynder. ^^
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

Woah, nice reffing... GO APPLY TO BE A PERMANANT REF. NAO.
    I would but I'm scared, the way the tore you apart at PFU really put me off those sort-of things ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu Luver View Post
    Nicely done Toucan. ^^ Though actually I'm supposed to go first since Cynder listed her attacks first last round. We switch order after ever reffing.
    Ah, alright, thanks. I'm fine with most other rounds, I just get confused over whether you count the summoning of Pokémon as the order, or the ordering of attacks S:

Cynder, ignore your previous post and post your attacks please :3
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Toxic ~ Double Team ~ Bug Bite

Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Round Two

Pre-round statistics

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Serene Grace
    Health:
    82%
    Energy:
    92%
    Lucky rolls...sort-a
    Camouflage ~ Leech Seed ~ Nature Power

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    89%
    Energy:
    90%
    - 1 ACC, -1 SP DEF
    Toxic ~ Double Team ~ Bug Bite

Round 2

The battle was now in full swing. Both Pokémon were below the 90% health mark and the trainers had finally started to be strategic. Alastar jumped back, knocking Sabaku from off of him and onto the overgrown grass of the meadow. Galloping over to the pond, he stared into it, watching his reflection. How deep was the pond? He dipped one of his hooves into it and quickly recoiled. He wandered over to another part of the pond, finding it shallower. Gladly and childishly splashed around in the water, the colour of his fur turning from pink and white to blue and white. He was now part water type!

Alastar:
    -2 ENG

Sabaku watched with a smug grin on her face. The deer was splashing around in water while the battle was going on! She decided that she would use toxic while the deer was distracted. Again, it was a move centred around her jaws, lifting up her top jaw, one could see that she had coughed up phlegm, however, not the usual sickly-green colour. Oh no. This phlegm was a deep purple and black, with red veins. Aiming at the splashing deer, Sabaku spat the phlegm at Alastar. The phlegm struck him right in the face, knocking him out of the water and onto the forest floor. Some of the phlegm bounced off and into the pond, suddenly turning it into a pool of sludge.

Alastar:
    TOX (2% this round)

Accuracy roll:

Sabaku:
    -6 ENG

Alastar retched and almost vomited. He had black sludge on his face. He couldn't stop himself from retching, every time he thought about the sludge on his face, he leant forward and retched yet again. Deciding to grow up, Alastar shook his head and some of the sludge flew off, however, not most of it. He started coughing, a lump forming in his throat. Coughing and retching more, the lump moved up his throat and into his maw. Continuing to cough and retch, he spat out a large, green seed onto Sabaku. Planting itself into the side of her head and beginning to grow rapidly.

Accuracy roll:

Sabaku:
    LCH (6% each round)

Alastar:
    -2 ENG

Sabaku didn't noticed anything. Then again, why should anyone notice a massive seed growing out of the left side of your head? Anyway, she remembered her trainer's orders and a light in her eye flashed. For several seconds, nobody could see anything. It wasn't a bright white light, it was more...obscure. Blocking the way of Sabaku's creation of her double team. When the flash was over, two Sabakus were there, each with a seed growing out of the side of their head.

Sabaku:
    +1 EVA
    +1 CLONE
    -4 ENG

Alastar looked around and yelped, there were two Sabakus! It's like a scene from a really bad film about clones, he doesn't know which one to attack! Looking at both of them, he picked the one to the left and closed his eyes. His fur stood on end as he began to glow partially white. As he closed his eyes, the light around his body dissipated and reformed infront of him as one blob. The environment around him began to shake and shiver and dance, seeds from trees falling off and into the blob. Grass too. The ball of seeds and grass revealed what Nature Power had turned into.

Seed Bomb. (This is based off of this website. If you disagree, punch me.)

The blob of seeds and grass flew towards Sabaku the second Alastar opened his eyes, striking the real Sabaku, hard.

11% damage done

Accuracy roll:
    72 (1 - 80 means hit)

Alastar:
    -5 ENG

Sabaku squeaked, grumbled, growled, yipped and then fell back. Wincing, she got back on all four of her feet, her copy repeating her movement, and then glared at Alastar. She charged forward, towards Alastar, her jaws opened wide, and charged towards Alastar. For a Pokémon with very low speed, she was there as quick as a wink, chomping down hard on Alastar's torso.

6% damage done

Accuracy roll:

Sabaku:
    -4 ENG

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    77%
    Energy:
    83%
    TOX (4% next round), LCH (Gains 3% health each round)

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    72%
    Energy:
    76%
    - 1 ACC, -1 SP DEF, LCH (6% each round), +1 EVA, +1 CLONE

Notes:
    Cynder and then Pichu Luver! Correct this time! :3
    Randomiser still works though
    Any problems, I'm open towards criticism, I'm also open to praise. Very open. If you want someone to replace me, I'm totally fine with it.
    I guessed Leech Seed based on the game it does 1/16th of it's full health each turn.
    Pond is now a pool of black sludge, falling in there means TOXIC or double your current TOXIC
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Bug Bite ~ Focus Energy ~ Struggle Bug

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Alright Alastar, I want you to use Odor Sleuth, Aromatherapy and position yourself so a Energy Ball knocks him into the pond.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Quote Originally Posted by Toucan Sundae View Post
    I would but I'm scared, the way the tore you apart at PFU really put me off those sort-of things ;-;

Ah, alright, thanks. I'm fine with most other rounds, I just get confused over whether you count the summoning of Pokémon as the order, or the ordering of attacks S:

Cynder, ignore your previous post and post your attacks please :3
    I promise you I won't tear you apart. I just wanna see how you'd do. We can always use more refs anyway.
    -Grey

Beginning Trainer

Default Round Three

Pre-round statistics

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    77%
    Energy:
    83%
    TOX (4% this round), LCH (Gains 3% health each round)
    Odour Sleuth ~ Aromatherapy ~ Energy Ball

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    72%
    Energy:
    76%
    - 1 ACC, -1 SP DEF, LCH (6% each round), +1 EVA, +1 CLONE
    Bug Bite ~ Focus Energy ~ Struggle Bug

Round 3

Alastar grinned at his next order, it was pretty easy. All he had to do was sniff! Alastar pointed his muzzle to the sky and sniffed. The smell of sand and insects filled his nostrils, odd that it was the most powerful fragrance in the meadow. Seeing as grass and flowers and seeds were more abundant and there were more of them than Sabaku. Now having his scent filling his nostrils, Alastar could now hit Sabaku no matter how many evasive actions he took.

Alastar:
    - 2 ENG

Sabaku chuckled, or whatever the Trapinch equivalent to that is, and looked over at Alastar. The deer was sniffing! That was no attack! That was nothing! Sabaku opened her massive maw again and galloped towards the sniffing leviathan, or deer. Her four stubby legs took her as fast as she could, her maw open the entire time. Again, as she reached Alastar, she chomped down.

6% damage done.

Sabaku:
    -4 ENG

Alastar smiled warmly, it was only 6% damage. He could probably have that healed quick as a wink. Alastar, being based partly off of a plant, would emit a gentle and nice aroma. Standing in the centre of the meadow, he closed his eyes and started to sweat. Out of the pours of his body, a sweet-smelling gaseous sweat seeped out. Surrounding Alastar, he sniffed-up and sighed. The sludge from the side of his face was gone, and he had been cured of his Toxic.

Alastar:
    -TOX
    -6 ENG

Sabaku growled, Alastar started to focus. She diverted all of her power towards her muscles. As she focused, her muscles also started to grow, only slightly, however, but still enough for it to be partly visible. Her clone mimics her actions.

Sabaku:
    + Critical hit rate
    -2 ENG

Finally, it was time to start being all animé-like. Alastar ran towards Sabaku and positioned himself so that Sabaku was between him and the sludge pond in a straight line. Repeating his action he did last time for Energy ball. He opened his maw and allowed the big, green, glowing ball to form. He tilted his head forward, and pushed the green, glowing ball into Sabaku. This sent her flying and, as his trainer ordered, into the sludge pool! Sabaku writhed and squirmed, trying her best to use her nubby arms to swim her out of the sludge, she did, in the end, succeed. However, in the time she swallowed some sludge, and became poisoned.

10% damage done
    (None STAB, but Trapinch has -1 SP DEF)

Sabaku:
    + TOX (2% this round)

Alastar:
    -5 ENG

SP DEF roll:
    89 (No deduction)

Sabaku listened to her trainer's orders, Struggle Bug, well, who was she to judge? She waltzed over to Alastar and stared him right in the eyes. Then, suddenly, she started struggling! Kicking and writhing and wriggling and squirming and biting in protest! This damaged Alastar slightly, knocking his talent a little.

2% Damage done
    (Would have been 1, but that's a little too little)

Alastar:
    -1 SP ATK

Sabaku:
    -1 ENG

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    72%
    Energy:
    70%
    LCH (Gains 3% health each round), -1 SP ATK

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    54%
    Energy:
    69%
    - 1 ACC, -1 SP DEF, LCH (6% each round), +1 EVA, +1 CLONE, TOX (2% this round, 4% next)

Notes:
    PL and Ponyta Lover!
    Any problems, I'm open towards criticism, I'm also open to praise. Very open. If you want someone to replace me, I'm totally fine with it.
    Alrighty, it's picking up. Any questions, I'm open.
    GCSEs are finished now, I can ref more often!
    Last edited by Toucan Sundae; 27th June 2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Forgot SP ATK
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Double Team, Safeguard, Shadow Ball.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm, those attacks seemed to do very little damage... Surely they should have done more than that? Anyways...

Go all out - we're losing. Create a Fissure, and use Faint Attack to sneak up behind it and push it in. Oh yeah, add increased priority with Quick Attack so that you don't hit a clone by accident. Let's hope this works...

Quick Attack + Fissure + Faint Attack
    Last edited by Cynder; 28th June 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Beginning Trainer

Default Round Four

Pre-round statistics

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    72%
    Energy:
    70%
    Double Team ~ Safeguard ~ Shadow Ball.

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    54%
    Energy:
    69%
    - 1 ACC, -1 SP DEF, LCH (6% each round), +1 EVA, +1 CLONE, TOX (2% this round, 4% next)
    Quick Attack + Fissure + Faint Attack

Round 4 - I'm sorry Cynder, but what!?

Tension hung in the air, the two trainers staring at each other with evil in their eyes. They each had plans in store and knew that one of them would soon emerge as the victor, they just had to play their cards right. Alastar and Sabaku shared similar emotions to their trainers, glaring at each other from across the meadow. After hearing her trainer's orders, Sabaku grinned and knew that this would either win her the match or just make her confused.

Sabaku started to run forward, her stubby, little legs working as fast as they possibly could, which, isn't really that fast. Holding her head out in front, she, when at a good enough speed, tackled Alastar. Turning around, she then used Fissure!

Or maybe not. Sabaku cringed as she attempted to use Fissure, but the timing was too rough. She squeaked and yelped, unable to pull the complicated move off that quickly.

4% damage done with quick attack.

Accuracy roll:

Sabaku:
    -3 ENG

Alastar stared at Sabaku and cringed, wondering 'now, really, what went right then!?' Shrugging, however a deer shrugs, he closed his eyes and then closed them tighter. Facing with his muzzle to the ground, his body started to fade and then come back into reality. Every time it faded, a very, very faint second one would flicker right next to him standing in the exact same position. After he had closed his eyes, thirty seconds passed, and then there were two.

Alastar:
    +1 CLONE
    +1 Evasion
    -4 ENG

Sabaku watched with a derpy look on her face. She did nothing.

The two Alastars chuckled and then turned to their trainer, he shrugged and then the two turned around again to face Sabaku. Suddenly, a circle of light appeared out of nowhere above Alastar, the circumference of the circle was slightly larger than the length of his body. The circle only appeared above the real Alastar, it began to descend, a cylindrical trail of light following the circle as it descended and then ascended. After three cycles of up and down, it faded away. He was now immune to any opponent-induced status infliction.

Alastar:
    +SFG (5 turns remaining)
    -8 ENG

Sabaku watched with a derpy look on her face. She did nothing.

With Sabaku still confused, Alastar looked around and, instead of filling his time with anything, decided to just go right into the attack. Moving into the shadows, Alastar closed his eyes and began to concentrate (as there aren't many actions a deer could really do!). The shadows around him began to shrink and distort, forming before him as a ball. The area he was in, hidden under the canopy, was now fully lit, somehow, and the shadows were gone. He pushed his body forward, pushing the shadow ball with him.

8% damage done

SP DEF roll:

Sabaku:
    -1 SP DEF

Alastar:
    -5 ENG

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    71%
    Energy:
    53%

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    36%
    Energy:
    66%
    - 1 ACC, -2 SP DEF, LCH (6% each round), +1 EVA, +1 CLONE, TOX (4% this round, 8% next)

Notes:
    Cynder to order next.
    Cynder, it mainly failed because I'd consider Fissure as a move that requires a lot of concentration rather than being done on the spur of the moment. So, after quick attack, Sabaku just sat there.
    I'll register to be a ref after this match, maybe, I'll see the reception of this first :3
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ok, obviously I'm biased here and while I can see why the Quick Attack/Fissure combo didn't work, I think Sabaku should still have been able to hit Alastar with the Faint Attack. I don't think she would have been confused that long not to attack. Even with no giant hole to knock Alastar into.
    And... perhaps the combo could have worked by making Sabaku hit the ground faster. Though wether the Fissure would appear any faster, or be as large is up to the Ref.

Lol, I hope I'm not killing Alastar here .
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

Ok, obviously I'm biased here and while I can see why the Quick Attack/Fissure combo didn't work, I think Sabaku should still have been able to hit Alastar with the Faint Attack. I don't think she would have been confused that long not to attack. Even with no giant hole to knock Alastar into.
    And... perhaps the combo could have worked by making Sabaku hit the ground faster. Though wether the Fissure would appear any faster, or be as large is up to the Ref.

Generally, I see combo moves as 'this and this and this' if one part is interrupted then the whole move is. It was not stated that the fissure would be bigger or smaller, so I considered it the normal Fissure and, therefore, requiring a tonne of energy and concentration, of which would not be available immediately after a move.
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Hrrrr fair enough I see what your saying. Its just to me I read the Faint Attack as more of 'after you're done the Fissure then do this' then 'as part of Fissure'. I know it was to be used after Fissure appeared, but if it didn't, there's really nothing stopping him from whacking Alastar anyway. So maybe he wouldn't know what to do with Quick Attack and Fissure, but after that, lacking a chasm he'd hit my Deerling anyway.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

Hrrrr fair enough I see what your saying. Its just to me I read the Faint Attack as more of 'after you're done the Fissure then do this' then 'as part of Fissure'. I know it was to be used after Fissure appeared, but if it didn't, there's really nothing stopping him from whacking Alastar anyway. So maybe he wouldn't know what to do with Quick Attack and Fissure, but after that, lacking a chasm he'd hit my Deerling anyway.
    If it was put ~ rather than +, I would have considered it that way. However, seeing as, if I had allowed it to work, but Quick-attack missed, then Fissure would not have happened nor faint attack, because of the +.

Thing is, it's the ref's job to interpret the orders, not to change the orders if someone mucks up.
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Alrighty that's the way you saw it. Just thought I'd say something cause I saw it differently. Carry on sir Ref!
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, I intended the Quick Attack to make Sabaku move quicker and get the Fissure started before Alastar could move, not to get in an attack before the Fissure. Then again, the ref gets the last say in the matter, so whatever.

Earthquake ~ Bug Bite ~ Earthquake

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Use Energy Ball three times. Make sure you stay away from the willow and the pond while the earthquakes are going on.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Beginning Trainer

Default Round Five

Pre-round statistics

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    71%
    Energy:
    53%
    Energy Ball x3

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    36%
    Energy:
    66%
    - 1 ACC, -2 SP DEF, LCH (6% each round), +1 EVA, +1 CLONE, TOX (4% this round, 8% next)
    Earthquake ~ Bug Bite ~ Earthquake

Round 5

Kicking off the round, Alastar grinned. He knew that, even if he did no damage this turn, Sabaku would soon succumb to the toxic/leech seed combination. Opening his maw, slightly, the green blob began to form again. Slowly growing in size and weight, the ball's levitation in the air and the power from it bent the grass surrounding him. Tilting his head forwards, he pushed the ball of energy at Sabaku.

10% Damage done

SP Def roll:

Alastar:
    -5 ENG

Sabaku scowled. She had spent enough time taking the crap from Alastar. She started stomping, using her nubby little legs to make the ground beneath her violently shake and tremor. She continued, her ferociousness and power growing slowly as she continued thinking about the grief she had got from the deer/plant thing. Eventually, her stomps were shaking the entire forest! Knocking down trees and wildly shaking, at the very least, everything in the meadow and the arena. The sludge in the pool sloshed and rippled, the old willow shook and creaked, on it's last legs. Eventually, the quake had stopped, but the tremors had damaged Alastar.

15% damage done

Accuracy roll:
    Not needed, it was a universal attack

Sabaku:
    -12% ENG

Alastar had been knocked over, during his attempt at keeping away from the pool of sludge, which he had done successfully. His legs still quaking as he raised himself up and shook off the attack, damn it was pretty powerful! Slowly opening his eyes, he glared at Sabaku and started charging another Energy Ball. Lifting his snout into the air as the massive green glob grew and grew. Tilting his head forwards, towards Sabaku, striking her in the side.

10% Damage done

SP DEF roll:

Alastar:
    -5 ENG

Panting from the massive damage she had caused and the huge amount of energy she had lost during the last action. Closing her eyes and regaining position, she then opened her eyes and her maw and nubbed towards Alastar. Finally reaching a place accessible, she chomped down. Releasing and pulling away.

6% Damage done

Accuracy Roll:

Sabaku:
    -4 ENG

As he was bitten, Alastar didn't yelp or whine or cringe. No, he knew that this battle would be over soon. Another energy ball and that would be it, maybe. Proudly lifting his snout into the air, the green ball of energy started to form on the tip of it. As it grew, the entire arena started to glow an eerie shade of sci-fi green and, as Alastar finished with the growth of the ball, he tilted his head forward, ploughing the ball of energy into Sabaku.

10% Damage done

SP DEF roll:

Alastar:
    -5 ENG

This was it. This was her last chance. She knew that at the end of this round one of the two of them would be fainted. And we was sure as hell going to try her best to make sure it wasn't going to be her. Chomping down hard on her bottom lip, she began to stomp again. Gaining power and velocity each time she stomped. The trees shook, many lost limbs and most of their leaves. Taillow and Pidgey flew out of the canopy in swarms of bajillions. The old, faithful willow tree finally succumbed to the tremors and fell into the pool of sludge, drowning in what was Sabaku's phlegm.

The stomping continued, knocking down trees and visibly cracking the ground, and then it stopped. Alastar had been knocked onto his side by the tremors and the once beautiful arena looked like a tree cemetery, or zombie apocalypse. Loose limbs dangled off of the survivors, leaves covered the floor, limbs that had fallen crashed with such power that they had broken in two. It was a critical hit.

30% damage done

Accuracy roll:
    None needed, see previous Earthquake

Sabaku:
    -12% ENG

Critical Hit roll:
    1 (FINALLY, I've had around six 3s and at least 2 4s. >_>)

Sabaku looked at her surroundings and smiled. Panting and aching with all the energy she had used and all the damage she had caused. She allowed the leech seed to steal health from her once more. Sapping the last of her life, she fainted, all four of her nubs spreading out into different directions, her head hitting the ground with an audible thump. The battle was over.

Both trainers recalled their Pokémon. They shook hands and turned around in the opposite direction. Not a word had been said.

Pichu Luver
    [Alastar] Deerling

Normal/Water type
    Serene Grace
    Health:
    24%
    Energy:
    38%
    Bi-winning

Cynder
    [Sabaku] Trapinch

Insomnia
    Health:
    0%
    Energy:
    38%
    FAINTED x.x

Notes:
    If I'm not mistaken, PL gets 2 points and Cynder gets 1? I'm not sure what I get/if I get any.
    Sorry, Cynder, about the confusion over the combo. I'm a lil slow, so if/when I ref for you next, be a little more detailed in your orders, just so I can fully understand ^^'
    Bah, this is over. Yay /o/\o/\o\
    Someone really should have EQd from the start, rather than use gust and struggle bug, then again, Crunch was better than EQ from the start, seeing as Alastar was partially-resistant to ground type attacks. Bah.
    I decided Earthquake needn't an accuracy roll, seeing as it was the tremor that did the damage and you can hardly miss the floor, can you?
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Yippee! ^^ Thanks for the battle Cynder, and for your super fast reffing Toucan. Your points were correct, and for reffing you get 2 points as well. It's just the extra stuff you don't get, so go and be approved!
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Bah, I guess I shouldn't have used SE moves over powerful ones, I thought the type advantage would work in my favour. Meh. *grabs the single point and runs off to evolve Sabaku* Oh yeah, nice battle by the way PL :3

Beginning Trainer

So I get two points! Hells yeah
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    And see...

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Bah, I guess I shouldn't have used SE moves over powerful ones, I thought the type advantage would work in my favour.
    *shifty eyes* I changed my type to Water/Normal in Round 2. I be ebil.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ohshit I forgot about that ¬¬