Thread: Christmas in July contest!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Christmas in July contest!

Lets have a CONTEST... Since DL didn't run one back in June as promised... I will run one that I was sitting on for a while.

I will take 6 sign-ups. No reserving slots. When you are signed up, you will be given loan of 2 pokemon from a list of LEGENDARY pokemon to post your appeals with.

First round - SUPER DOUBLE appeals
    - each competitor will use a combination of 4 moves from the 2 pokemon (DOES NOT HAVE TO BE 50/50)
    - At the end of the round, I will eliminate 2 competitors.

Second round - NORMAL SINGLE
    - Each remaining competitor will use one of the two pokemon to use a combination of 3 moves.
    - At the end of the round, I will cut the pool down by 2.

Third and FINAL round - HYPER SINGLE
    - Using the OTHER legend, the coordinator will use a combination of 5 moves.

As with all contests, we need a theme. Its JULY, so lets have - CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
    - For new coordinators, you get bonus points for sticking to the theme, however, we understand that sometimes you just can't figure out how. That is where the ref's come in with their creative approach.

One further detail. Should we get a MIXTURE of Rookies and Experienced Coordinators (I am looking at you Chaos *Glare*), the Rookies and the Experienced will be judged on DIFFERENT scales, so that we can FINALLY get a rookie in to the finals!

Please, do not REQUEST a legend. When we have 6 signed up, OR we reach the cut off date of JULY 10TH, I will issue you with legends. SIGN UP!

1 - Oslo
    2 - Mike
    3 - Darth
    4 - Razor
    5 - Cynder
    6 - Nsmbwii

As 'Newbies' to contests, Nsmbwii and Cynder will be judged on a more lenient curve. As more 'Experienced' co-coordinators, Mike, Oslo and Razor will be judged with the full force of my judge stick!!! As a 'Rookie', Darth will be judged halfway between the two.
    Last edited by Ayeun; 6th July 2011 at 11:11 PM.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Christmas in July contest!

*writes name down*

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm in.

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Samesies. Ive only been in one before and i failed miserably! Came in last place! Down in the first round with lowest score... ouch.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm in too.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*Grabs a permanent marker and scrawls name on the list* There, all signed up I hope I don't completely fail, I've never entered a contest before.

Existing In a Parallel Plane Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

And that last spot I would wish to fill in! Random question, what awards would be given out? Or is it just bragging rights?
    Last edited by nsmbwii; 6th July 2011 at 09:42 AM.
    <------ Major thanks to Cynder for these!

I prefer &quot;Bopp&quot; to &quot;Papa&quot; Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

bdahhh you beat me to it Cynder!!

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by nsmbwii View Post
    And that last spot I would wish to fill in! Random question, what awards would be given out? Or is it just bragging rights?
    a nice spiffy ribbon

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

All 6. Rock on

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Less than 12 hours too... Sweet...

Your legends will be PM'ed to you tonight after work.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

That's not sweet. It went from 11:30pm to 12:30am my time. How the hell do you expect me to sign up for that?

Clearly, we've been contest-starved for too long.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

I DID have it open for 4 days... its just they JUMPED on it really quick...

Don't worry. Since DL is a slacker, I will have a 2nd contest before July ends.

*Edit* - The 6 should have a message in their in-boxes telling them which legends they have a loan of.

Advanced Trainer

Um, i dident get a message

look again mike...

Now that everyone has received their loaner legends... I will give you all till the 11th of July to post your appeals.

As an incentive... I am giving an extra point for everyone who gets it in before the 9th.

Existing In a Parallel Plane Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Anyway, I got Mewtwo and Mew for use.

First, Mew fire off a Zap Cannon into the air, while Mewtwo keeps it still with Psychic. Mew, then fire 2 Tri-Attacks towards the Zap Cannon to make it explode for a nice fireworks styled ending.
    <------ Major thanks to Cynder for these!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I was assigned Cresselia and Azelf.

Azelf, start by using Reflect to create a massive dome in the centre of the field, swirling with colour slightly if you please. Cresselia, fill the dome with swirling Mist and fire an Aurora Beam in there to create a northern lights and snow effect. Finally Azelf, use Swift to create the shape of a Christmas tree in the centre of the dome, with a larger one at the top to act as the star.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I got Jirachi and Deoxys. If I have to declare a form, Deoxys will be in its Attack Forme.

Okay, time for a Nativity scene! Jirachi, you will be ickle Baby Jesus and you will curl up in a manger made out of a shimmering Light Screen. Then, set the seasonal mood with a snow-flecked Icy Wind spiraling around your manger so that the light refracts off the snow all purdy-like. Deoxys, you will ingest an Energy Ball so your body sparkles with heavenly light as you descend from the sky like an angel. Pick up Baby Jesus, cradle him lovingly and then fire off a large Meteor Mash into the sky to act as the Star of Bethlehem and guide the Wise Men here. Finally, have it burst over you in a shower of light and sparkles. The saviour has been reborn! Huzzah!

</atheist's Nativity interpretation>
    Last edited by Oslo; 7th July 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Master Trainer

Darkrai and Uxie

Hmm okay.. Darkrai start off by making a huge Blizzard. Whilst Uxie uses Psychic to shape all the ice and snow into a snowman Darkrai can continue by using Rock Tomb and Brick Break on the rocks to create little rocks to make the snowman's face and buttons.

Advanced Trainer

I got Arceus and Mesprit!

Arceus, first off, I want you to use Hail. This way we have it like a snowlike effect. Mesprit and Arceus next you are going to use Shock Wave and Flash simultaneously. When this happens the light and electrcity will fuse with the hail crystals, and Mesprit use Psychic on the hail so it falls nice and slow, so that when everything is done, we will have pretty glowing snow crystals falling gentaly to the ground.

Advanced Trainer

Ok, I got Genesect and Victini,

Genesect, start out with an Ice Beam, while Victini uses a Psychic to form it in to a Santa Claus in shorts and a tank top drinkin a Dr. Pepper, then Genesect shoot a Flash Cannon right behind Sant while Victini uses a Inferno at the same spot without blowing up Sant to make the biggest and brightest fireworks ever.

Veteran Trainer

Fastest contest round ever XD

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    As an incentive... I am giving an extra point for everyone who gets it in before the 9th.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CookieMonster View Post
    yep
    Darth, I didn't mean a TPM point that you can take to the bank... I ment a point that is used in the judging of the contest...

Veteran Trainer

::This is making him laugh terribly hard::

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

^^

Will have this up by tonight.

Alright guys, I am sorry to say, I have just run out of time. I was going to try to get this done today, but doing the reffing for UC v Mike too way too long. I will TRY to get this done from my lap top some time this weekend, if not, you will just have to wait till I get back on Wednesday.

Sorry.

“Merry summer Christmas everyone... *Hick*” Oh no! It looks like our judge, Ayeun, has been in the egg nog... Wait, where did she get Egg nog at this time of year? “Egg nog? Nah... I found a bottle of Vodka on my trip...” *the sound of several bottle can be heard under the judges table.* Guess THATS why her contest judging is so late...

“Let’s have the Newbie’s and the Rookie first!”

Nimbwii takes the stage first, followed by a Mewtwo and a Mew.

The psychic duo read Nimbwii’s thoughts, and being to execute the plan. Mew fires off a blast of electrical energy, which is shaped and held together by Mewtwo’s powerful psychic powers. Firing off two additional attacks, Mew causes a cascade of fireworks to the ‘Ohhhs’ of the audience.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cynder is next up, followed by a Cresselia and an Azelf.

Azelf summons a bubble around the trio, while Cresselia fills it with a misty haze. Firing off a blast of multicoloured energy around the inside of the globe, Azelf finishes off by summoning up a Christmas tree from Swift stars. An amazing snow globe.

Finishing up the Newbie division is Darth Cookiemonster, followed by Arceus and Mesprit.

Arceus starts, calling a snowstorm, which begins to fall gently around the area. Firing off a combined Shockwave and flash, the snow crystals begin glowing in a veritable hue of colors. Mesprit places its hands on its head, and controls the falling snow so that it lands on everyones in the audiences head.

Several polite rounds of applause later, and then “Let’s have the ‘Pro’s out here!”

Oslo makes his way on to the stage, followed by Jirachi and Deoxys.

Deoxys takes a moment to change its form from ‘Normal’ to its ‘Attack’ form. Jirachi wraps its self up in a ball, and creates a cradle out of light for it to rock in. Using a swirling wind, Jirachi is surrounded by gently flowing ice. Deoxys, glowing like an angel, decends from the rafters, where he scoops up Jirachi, firing off a signal flare in to the night sky.

Taking to the stage next is Mike Mystero, followed by Victini, and Genesect.

Turning on the snow machine known as Genesect, Victini mentally forms the blast of snow in to Santa, in a non traditional Shorts and tank top, drinking a can of some sort. Combining the Flashing lights and roaring infernos, fireworks explode behind Santa.

Razor Leaf takes to the stage last, followed by Darkrai and Uxie.

Darkrai calls in some snow, while Uxie begins rolling it in to a snowman. Conjuring up a rock, and shattering it in to pieces, Darkrai hands Uxie the pieces for the snowman’s eyes, mouth and nose.

“The judges will now deliberate and return momentarily with a result” *Ayeun stands up and takes her clipboard back stage. She returns moments later*

“Nimbwii: Our first fireworks display of the night, and it was spectacular. I do have to wonder though, when Fireworks became part of Christmas? None the less, an impressive display, and with both your bonus for early action AND your bonus for being a Newbie to contests, I award you 8/10!” *The audience bursts in to applause*

“Cynder: I asked for Christmas in July, and your rendition of a Christmas sceen in a snow globe was exactly what I was looking for. For your display, including your bonuses, I am awarding you 9.5/10!” *The audience goes crazy*

“Darth: Christmas is all about snow, and giving. Your display encompassed both the giving of gifts, and the amazing effect of snow. However, as with your last contest, you once again failed to take in to account the damaging effects of playing with the weather. You got it under control in the end however, so I am awarding you 8.5/10” *The audience cheers*

“From the Newbie division, I must now ask Nimbwii to please return their Legends at the booth. I thank you for your time. Please, take this voucher for 1 ASB point to your nearest financial instruction as a consolation prize. Now, on to the Pro’s scores!”

“Oslo: Your nativity display was flawlessly executed. However, I would have personally liked to have seen ‘Light screen’ Mary, Joseph and the animals. Just a critique. As you are considered ‘Experienced’, you are awarded 8.5/10” *The audience applauds.*

“Mike: Santa in summer, I would have thought esky, tropical beach and mayhaps a few steaks on the BBQ, instead of the fireworks. However, an impressive display none the less: 8/10” *The audience cheers*

“Razor: A combination bringing the family together in a wholesome activity, and an impressive control of the elements issued to you. But doesn’t a traditional snowman have a carrot for a nose? And where was its top hat? 8.5/10” *The audience cheers*

“From the ‘Pro’s’ division, I must now ask Mike to please return his Legends to reception. I do apologise, but this is the end of your appeal today. Please, take this voucher for 1 ASB point to your nearest financial instruction as a consolation prize. I thank you for your time with the first round of appeals.

As you all know, our next round is a Normal Single. Each competitor will chose one of their legends to use 3 moves. At the end of the round, ONE rookie and ONE pro will remain and progress to the final appeals round. As a special theme for this round, I want your appeal to display: FAMILY!”

Appeals round is open from today till NEXT FRIDAY, 19 August. There is NO bonus for early appeals.

Master Trainer

In before 19th deadline... uh.. time travel?

Uxie, use Double Team to make a family, then shape a big Energy Ball into a cake and use Swift to cut it into pieces. Then hand out the cake to all your clones, and chow down on the delicious fruity energy. Yum!

And now, back to my time machine, and off to 2020 to stop the robot Lady gaga army!