Thread: [Tourney] Cynder, let's dance! Ref: DL

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default [Tourney] Cynder, let's dance! Ref: DL

Despite the unfavourable typing here, Invertarig and I are ready!

Okay, since I'm going first...

Invertarig, let's kick things off with a Super Savvy Sparkle Shield (Reflect + Light Screen) combo. Follow with Signal Beam.

If your foe uses Double Team, Swift them pesky clones.
    If your foe uses anything Magic Coatable, including Taunt, use Magic Coat.
    Push the commands back a slot should a sub come into effect.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [Tourney] Cynder, let's dance! Ref: DL

Typhoon, let's bypass the double screens by using Work Up twice, as a combo if that's possible, then hit it with Dark Pulse.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Tourney round UP!

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

He we are, standing in the midst of a very dense jungle. Mosquitos the size of Beedrills are flying about...OFF is not gonna cut it here. But I'm ready as are Oslo and Cynder. Both Pokemon glare at each other, before beginning this battle. Typhoon backs up, pumping up with every flap of its wings. In retrospect, Invertarig quickly begins to create magical wards to splice off any ill wanted effects.

In: -8E ~~ Ty: -6E +2Atk/+2 SpA

As the humidity starts to set in, both Pokemon sweep in to strike the other. Typhoon rears his head and wells up a source of energy that rises off as a thick dark matter blast. The strike speeds through and strikes Invert, seemingly piercing enough though the barriers. In response, Invert fires off a dual set of beams from both mouths. The beams converge and fire off as one super beam, slapping the flier to the ground a tad.

In: -6E/-8E ~~ Ty: -5E/-12H

This rumble in the Jungle has only begun.

===End Stats===

Last edited by DarkestLight; 19th January 2012 at 06:51 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Uhh, DL? I'm not Ayuen, nor do I have 2 more pokemon ^^;

Alright Typhoon, let's go with a Crunch attack to begin with, followed by Dark Pulse, no techncal folly at this point! Finish up with Focus Energy.

Protect against any status moves, they'll be a real pain to counteract, and if more than one is used in succession switch to a small substitute the second time around. Earthquake away Double Team clones. When these subs kick in, just push the next command forward one rather than replacing it.

Master Trainer

Throw in a speedy Power Swap followed by two more Signal Beams!

Veteran Trainer

Tourney round UP!

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

With the defenses up and the nerve to attack, Invertarig fires off a astoundingly bold move. It's very very bright and colorful, and before it's effect can be fully realized, its blocked by the flying dragon. Unsure of what the hell that move even was, Typhoon took no chances.

In: -5E ~~ Ty: -6E

Typhoon thrusts its right head forward, shattering the protective barrier and reaching for Invert's chest. The backwards giraffe backs away, rear head leading the beast. Inadvertently, that head runs right into the left head, which wholly swallows the smaller head and tries to eat it! In retaliation, the upper head of Invert turns and fires a point blank Signal Beam! With this sweltering humidity, the hit seems to affect the dragon even more and the threeheaded beast backs away, but not before delivering a nasty Crunch to that nom.

In: -6E/-8H ~~ Ty: -7E/-12H

Even with the shields up, Invert knew more hits like that would do nothing for his survival. In haste, he blasted off another Signal beam. Its twin colors struck the middle head, causing it to flip over itself. Typhoon used that momentum however, to well up a powerful dark blast. The force behind this Pulse of energy was enough to floor Invert, leaving him sprawled in this jungle terrain

In: -6E/-8H ~~ Ty: -7E/-12H

===End Stats===

Note:
    1) I interpreted "Status move" as any move that affects stats. If this was an incorrect interpretation, alert me. Otherwise..Ossy baby!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 21st January 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

Wait, so why did LS/Reflect fail? Confuzzled.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Wait, so why did LS/Reflect fail? Confuzzled.
    Imma guess it didn't fail, the effects were just negated because of the double work up... Or something. *shrugs*

Master Trainer

Yeah, buuut you had the double Work Up since Round 1 and your first Dark Pulse did 8 HP. This time, your Dark Pulse did 14 HP. Why the 6 HP differential? Since Crunch has the same base power as Dark Pulse, methinks it also should not have done 14 HP. But I want to see what DL says.

Veteran Trainer

DL has no comment because he can do NO WRONG >.>...

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Cool beans!

Invertarig, spam Signal Beam. No point in reinventing the wheel here.

Swift any clones on the field.
    Magic Coat that which is Magic Coatable.
    La.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I didn't notice the damage, I thought it was something written. Nevermind! :3

Alright then, let's go for a speedy substitute, enough to take both a Signal Beam and a Swift. Then use Double Team whilst behind the substitute, which should lock Invert into a Swift for both this and the next turn, or if not there is a chance that Signal Beam won't hit anyway. Finish off with a Dragon Rush. (I really wish dark type moves had a higher base power)

Veteran Trainer

Tourney round UP!

===Battlers===

[table][
    ===Round 3

This battle takes a turn for the defensive. Before Invert can blast off another strike of buggy genius, a large Substitute falls to the ground. It has no real life to it, but it eats that Signal Beam with reckless abandon, and still has two heads to spare. This pisses the other two headed beast right off...

In: -6E ~~ Ty: -11E/-15H Sub: 3H

Typhoon manipulates the numbers now, creating a plethora of clones for Invert to choose from. Invert however is so mad about this Substitute, that he just flings the stars directly at it. It shatters into pieces, leaving Invert with a bitter satisfaction. Now it's able to see the gravity of the situation.-all 5 of the dragons leering at him.

In: -4E ~~ Ty: -4E

No matter. Even as the dragons came colliding down atop of him, Invert neighed and raised up on his hind legs. Swifts in the shapes of horseshoes flew out from under its equine like hooves, clobbering the real Typhoon as he slammed into Invert. Both Pokemon fell and rolled over each other, the impact packing a significant force.

In: -4E/-8H ~~ Ty: -9E/-7H

The shield falls, leaving Invert quite vulnerable now...

===End Stats===

Cyn

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm, let me think...

I'll start off with the subs. Taunt if it tries to use Power Swap, Light Screen or Reflect - and if attempts to Mirror Coat the Taunt use Protect. If it ues Taunt itself (which I can't actually remember if it can x3) then Protect against it, then use Taunt yourself.

Alright, with that out of the way - let's begin with Dragon Rush, then go with Dark Pulse, and finish off with either Assurance, (if it uses an offensive move, in which case wait until it attacks) and if not, use Crunch.

Master Trainer

Protect + Power Swap + Thunder Wave

Veteran Trainer

::...Sees where he did the math wrong.:: X_X Os, my first calc was correct :/ The LS/Rfl worked. I flubbed on the first round with the calc for Dark Pulse :/. We'll continue on with this calc for everything-keep it fair :/

Tourney round UP!

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

Invert sees the odds tilting in his favor, and pushes Lady luck to continue the streak. He boldly begins neighing and bouncing around, creating a translucent barrier around himself, all the while cracking with Electricity and releasing a strange..air. An air that is immediately recognized by Typhoon!

He yells, calling Invert a cross breed between retarded and misfit--but sticks and stones Typhoon. Sticks, stones and Protective barriers hinder even the best of us. To his chagrin, the plentiful boosts he had obtained were whisked away in a matter of seconds, replaced with a nice bout of Paralysis

In: -14E +2Atk/SpA~~ Ty: -2E Par

The drawback? Invert was in a sense, vulnerable. He wheezed after expending so much energy for one move...and things didn't seem to go up. Well they did. He did. As Typhoon so graciously showed him the err of grabbing everything at once and not watching your back. A hefty pulse slammed into Invert and sent him on his back. While Invert slid to a stop, the slower, but no less angry dragon flew above him and snaked its left most head out. That mouth bit down on one of Invert's Ankles, and a dastardly Crunching sound could be heard. Invert ninnied and kicked Typhoon away, but the dragon laughed. All that power, and he was unable to do anything with it.

In: -36H ~~ Ty: -14E

===End Stats===

Last edited by DarkestLight; 25th January 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

I see. :/

Might as well go for broke. Spam Signal Beam.

Swift any clones on the field.
    Magic Coat that which is Magic Coatable.
    Protect against epic damage-dealing combos.

(Also, Typhoon's EP should be 29 and he should be listed as Paralyzed.)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

We can go for broke too - Crunch then Outrage, as long as possible. Pour everything you have into it. Let's go!

Veteran Trainer

Tourney round UP!

===Battlers===

===Round 5===

Feeling the pressure to survive mounting, both Pokemon lash at each other with unforgivable intent. Invert keeps the chomping jaws of Typhoon at bay with a deluge of multicolored beam fury. Annoyed and perturbed by the Chomphead doing all this smack talking, Typhoon's armheads held onto Invert while the main head took a hefty bite out of Invert's neck!

In: -5E/-18H ~~ Ty: -7E/-16H

Typhoons' Crunch put Invert into overdrive. He neighed and stomped and kicked, managing to break free of the dragon's vicelike grip. In response, that rear tan head blasted another Signal Beam right into the left mouth! Typhoon spun and crash landed, feeling the paralysis in his wings starting to act up!

In: -5E ~~ Ty: par -16H

Pisse doff beyond belief, Typhoon whiped it self around in a circle as it arose, and gave itself a full flap of vertical ascent. Invert watched carefully, and then begam to run back wards. It was a little too late, as the marauding dragon came careening down upon him. A last ditch SignalBeam was fired, trying to deflect the mass. It only made the beatdown worse.

In: -5E/-10H ~~ Ty: -7E/-16H

As the thrashing stopped, Invert barely pushed the limp Typhoon off of him. Somehow, he had made it through!

===End Stats===

Oslo and Invertarig barely scrape by with the win, thrusting them into the next round!

Cynder, thank you for participating. You definitely made this a great battle

What, one more battle to go?

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Good match, Cynder! And thanks for reffing, DL.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Aww, never mind! Great battle Oslo, and thanks for reffing DL :3