Thread: ASB Arena Dex

Default ASB Arena Dex

ASB ARENA DEX

Want to have a battle on a creative space, but lack the creative skills necessary to facilitate being creative? Well, this is the place for you!

This thread will serve as an encyclopedia of arenas for you to peruse through. Any arena you see here can be used for battling other people.

I must ask, however, to please limit this thread to one arena per post, so that we can archive them more easily. Any posts, this one aside, that aren't arenas will be deleted ASAP.

Quick Jump

D
    De-Generator

E

Elemental Temple ~~ Elements of Change

F
    Forest of Aromas

S
    Song Forest

T

Tech-Plateau ~~ The Streets
    Last edited by Greyfox; 6th July 2012 at 05:25 PM.
    -Grey

Default Re: ASB Arena Dex

Elements of Change
    You are suspended high in the air, standing upon a pretty sizable platform. Starting at the end of the first round, two numbers from 1 to 17 will appear for each pokémon. The numbers represent one of the seventeen pokémon types. When the type is selected, both pokémon will have their types change to it, with weaknesses and resistances reflecting their new typing (for instance, Bulbasaur will become a Normal/Fire if 1 and 2 are shown).

Restrictions:
    Free for anyone to use.
    -Grey

The De-Generator
    Similar to the Elements of Change arena, you and your pokémon are suspended on a platform high into the air. Unlike Elements, however, your pokémon's types don't change every round. Instead, your pokémon are locked out of their traditional abilities and are linked to the abilities of the arena. Every three rounds, a RNG will issue an different ability for the arena that both pokémon are subject to. This ability can be any of the abilities released so far, even abilities exclusive to legendary and banned pokémon.

Restrictions:
    Free for anyone to use.
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Alright then, I`ll try this out.

ARENA - Elemental Temple
    The arena consists of 5 about 6 metres tall pillars. 4 in the corners, one thick in the middle. They are all standing on a stone pavement. In the front is a small locked up building, which looks like a church. This is all situated on a grassy hill.
    THE RULES
    - Each of the pillars stand for one element (fire, water, ground, flying)
    - When hit with the move that`s super effective againts the type, the pillar hits the enemy with a randomly generated move of the pillars type. However, there is also a small chance it will also hit the user (attacker), keep in mind that moves taking up a lot of space (surf, discharge) will automatically trigger the pillar.
    - The middle pillar unleashes a completely random move every 4 rounds, which will randomly attack one of the players
    No restrictions

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Why not?

The Streets
    Not many fight in the streets. But when they do, it can be rough.
    Every round, there is a 1 in 20 chance for a car to appear. When it does, the battlers have some choices. The following turn, if they are not returned to their pokeball, the pokemon will be hit (returning for this will not count towards the faint penalty). This will cause 25 damage to the pokemon hit, and has a 10% chance to cause flinching.
    Cars can also be used as weapons, but this may have future penalties, up to the ref's jurisdiction.

Tall buildings are tall enough to use them as height advantage. This can also be used to increase the power of attacks that require high velocity or gravity.
    Last edited by Gigya; 7th June 2012 at 12:13 AM.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sure, I can try this. I rather like this arena, as the arena I used for my first battle with oslo, and i've added some modifications to it to make it more interesting.

Arena: Forest of Aromas

Due to the abundancy of plant-life, grass type moves are increased in power by 2 points of damage (added on after damage calculation).

This Serene neck of the woods is full of flowers of different sizes and shapes.
    Among these flowers, there is one that gives off a soothing aroma that rejuvenates those that dwell in this place.
    Every round, each pokemon battling gains 5% energy by sniffing the aroma of the minor flowers, and each have a 20% chance to sniff the aroma of the more powerful flowers of the forest, gaining 10% energy instead and being healed of one random status condition.

These flowers are very special, however.

If a fire type move is used, there is a high chance (up to ref, but probably ranging from 60-90%) for the forest to catch on fire. If this happens, the minor flowers start spitting out a defensive, acidic aroma that hurts each pokemon for 5% hp each turn; and the more powerful flowers have a 20% chance to affect the pokemon and hurt them for 10% hp. This effect lasts for 5 turns.
    If a water type move is used, there is a high chance (same as the chance w/ fire) for the flowers to be strengthened by the water. The minor flowers will spit out a stronger aroma that will restore energy by 10% instead of 5, and the more powerful flowers will restore energy by 15% instead of 10 and heal each pokemon for 5 health. This effect lasts for 5 turns.

(might be adding more effects as I think about it)
    Last edited by BTPoke; 4th July 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Why not make one?

Arena: Singing Forest

A song can be heard by many pokemon and humans alike. Every turn there is a small chance (10%-30%) of hearing a soothing song that will put that will put the pokemon to sleep or make it drowsy. Fire type moves can stop this as it will burn down the forest and prove it is a pokemon using Grass Whistle and make it run away.
    Last edited by Emerald_Gen.3; 29th March 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

hmm how about one that I've been wanting to try out

Arena:Tech-Plateau

this arena can change to any type of field (not including ones with special effects) the field is chosen by the person who last had their pokemon faint or every 3 rounds by the ref, if a electric type move is used there is a 10% chance it will revert to its normal state for 1 round (indigo plateau)
    this field cannot stop weather changes, heal pokemon, damage pokemon, or anything to that effect
    this field can impermanently change weather, prevent double team, and boost/inhibit moves

Restrictions:multiple-Pokemon no banned moves

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*blows dust* might as well reboot this place
    Library of Grimoires

This great battlefield came to be one day simply because the grimoires were bored and wanted something to watch
    it is an octagonal tower housing the magical tomes of the ages, and while you might approach the tomes you will never reach them due to some very slight and not at all alarming tampering with the space-time continuum(think endless staircase)
    on top of this there have been many precautions setup to prevent magical leakage from the tomes, nevertheless the area is overloaded with magical energy that can cause strange things to happen
    every 4 rounds or so there is a completely random effect that the ref can decide on including(but certainly not limited to) attack power doubled, space wraps around on itself, abilities change, reality breaking, ect.
    this place is large enough to support its own weather systems, with a shining crystal orb near the roof serving as a sun

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

This one's a bit of a burden on the ref, but I had intended it for a gym if I ever got one. But, I introduce...

The Darkness Arena

The arena itself is a giant shadow. Neither trainer can see anything, and is unaware of what the other trainer is up to, however they can see both pokemon.

The battle begins with each trainer PMing the ref which pokemon they are going to use. Then the ref announces the pokemon in the thread.

Each round, the trainers PM their moves to the ref, who then refs as normal. It may be a good idea to post in the thread once you have PM'd your moves, just to acknowledge that you have done so.

Subs based on moves are banned (For example, "If X is used, use Y, else use Z.") However, subs based on statuses are allowed ("If you are asleep, use Snore.") This is to prevent "If opponent uses X, use Y, otherwise use Z" at the same time as "If opponent uses Z, use X, otherwise use W".