Thread: Power of the Black Flute.

Default Power of the Black Flute.

I know the Black Flute repulses enemy pokemon, but how? Does it lower the chances of an encounter, or stop them completely for a certain number of steps? If so, how many? How often do you have to use the Flute to maintain the effect?

Also, how effective is the White Flute? I care a little less about that one, all things considered... I'd just get Sweet Scent if I wanted to fight.
    *yawn*

Possibly temporarily back. Again.

The White Flute and Black Flutes raise and lower the encounter rate, respectively. They last as long as you're in the general area you used it if (if you used it on Route 115, and then moved one tile over to Route 114, the effect would disappear).

And the White Flute does have an advantage over Sweet Scent in certain areas... Sweet Scent is good where there's a really, really, low encounter rate (like underwater) but in places where there's already a pretty decent encounter rate, it's probably easier to use the White Flute and walk aimlessly back and forth than the open the menu each time to use Sweet Scent.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

If I would use the Flute more than once in an area does it have an effect? I mean does it increase or decrease the encounter rate more if I use the Flute a second time?
    Regards,
    Gagome