PDA

View Full Version : Swablue ep preview.

Zak
13th February 2004, 12:19 AM
Hi all, this is Zak, reporting from LA on vacation.

No RealPlayer here, so I'll just say what I got from translation. It would be nice if someone could sum up what happens in the clip, cause I would love to know.

Swablu's Sky! May's Spirit!

As our heroes head through the woods to Petalburg Gym, they come across a flock of Swablu. Suddenly, a storm rages, and one of the younger Swablu gets badly injured, and separated from the group! Just then, May checks to see how poor Swablu is doing, and unfortunately it was so badly injured, it can't even fly! As they rush it to the nearest Pokemon Center, May seems to make friends with it, and when it finally gets healed, it's a little too happy, and eager to meet its friends again...

This translation isn't 100% accurate, given I don't have access to a dictionary, but help would be appriciated.

~Zak

Chris 2.1
13th February 2004, 04:37 PM
Sounds Ok; people on the other boards have toyed with the idea May doesn't keep the Swablu, as it does want to go with its flock, and its parents might even be in it I guess.

As its a baby, I'm doubting its an episode where they showcase both Pokemon in an evo line (Eg: Swablu evolves and beats TR)

So my guess is....May doesn't catch it.

Gravy
14th February 2004, 11:44 AM
Well, seeing as the Swablu does seem to be part of a large flock of the species, I find that this makes it far less likely that Haruka will have it tagging along with her.
Seeing as it can't fly due to its damaged wings, it seems like in the preview, it has no choice but to fly, in order to escape Team Rockets flaming hot air balloon. Of course, Haruka puts all her confidence into it and the little cotton bird once again gains its ability to fly, escaping TR ^_^ Thats my guess anyways :P
It does look like an amusing episode though, especially the scene where Swablu is coated from head to toe in bandages XD

Light_Togetic
15th February 2004, 12:33 PM
Lemme just say that Swablu is SO cute! o^-^o Okay, um, my super-girly moment is over...

The preview on Tv-Tokyo's website starts with a lightning bolt hitting a tree. Probably where Swablu was. Then they show it fallen on the ground, looking injured. Then it shows Swablu with a TON of bandages covering it. (I made a picture of it to show everyone who didn't get to see it, 'cause it's really funny!) Next we see May playing with Swablu/talking to it. Then Swablu falls over after talking, obviously it's injuries have not healed. Then we see what Gravy was talking about, Swablu stuck on TR's balloon, and the balloon's on fire! Poor Swablu... The last thing we see is May yelling to it.

Oh, and here's the picture:
Ahhh!! Swablu's Mummy! (http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/light_toget/images/SwabluBandage.jpg)

Mikey
15th February 2004, 08:44 PM
I really hope a capture is involved here as May seems to really get attached to Swablu.

Animelee
20th February 2004, 02:48 PM
Spoilers ahead:

She was going to get it at the end, but her family (who abandonned her in the first place, kind of) came back, and she wanted to go with them. Haruka had to make the tough decision to let her go, but she did, since being with her family to grow up would be better for her in the long run. Masato was totally against it, because he thought Haruka deserved it, but she was really showing signs of growing by letting her go. Masato was crying when she flew away, LOL.

Wow, it really brings back memories of Kanto, eh?

Anyways, in the middle of the episode, Satoshi and Takeshi were battling with their Hoenn starter Pokemon, just for fun. I'm glad they're letting us see what the characters do on their free time, because I never would of imagined that they would bother leveling up their Pokemon together. :o

I'd go into detail, but I suck at it, and Zak's episode guides are really great. :D