PDA

View Full Version : Lanturn

GirlRepellant
6th April 2004, 03:30 PM
Does Lanturn have the Sp. Atk. stats to make him a viable option for a team? I've raised one to level 50, and it's SpAtk is mediocre at best. Is he usable, or should I replace him on my next team? If so, who with? The moveset I used is Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray. Thanks all!

Don't Run With Scizors
6th April 2004, 03:39 PM
Lanturn's stats are more oriented toward tankishness rather than offensive beast. I'd use him if your team needed its staying power and resistances (like Volt Absorb), but I wouldn't use him otherwise. If you do use Lanturn, give it Rest and perhaps Thunder Wave over Ice Beam and Confuse Ray.

Remy
6th April 2004, 03:41 PM
I would say Lanturn is useable. Afterall, Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire are more or less balanced out than it had been prior to these versions, since the stats are more spread out.

GirlRepellant
6th April 2004, 03:45 PM
Who would make a decent water type replacement, ignoring Milotic, since I'm not that ambitious to find a Feebas.

Remy
6th April 2004, 03:48 PM
Well, Lanturn is a irreplaceable in a sense since what he offers since it provides both electric and water capabilities.

Don't Run With Scizors
6th April 2004, 03:51 PM
My personal favorite is Azumarill, who with Huge Power and maxed Attack effort has 438 Attack. Not to mention it gets Substitute + Focus Punch to boot.

Remy: Depends on if he really needs the electric resistance. If he does, Swampert works fine in that position as well.

Remy
6th April 2004, 04:02 PM
Don'tRunWithScizors: Well, I'm really basing my judgement on GR's siggy... :sweatdrop

phaedrus
6th April 2004, 04:05 PM
thunderdance lanturn:
raindance
thunder
surf
icebeam/confuseray

otherthing
thunderwave
thunderbolt
surf
confuseray/icebeam

hm....what's a good azumarill set? =D

Crufidal
6th April 2004, 04:23 PM
Azumarill... like Don't Run With Scizors said, using Substitute and Focus Punch is a good combo. The Huge Power trait is especially useful.

You could use Substitute, Focus Punch, Surf and something for a filler, maybe? Up to you!