Thread: Lanturn

Banned

Default Lanturn

Does Lanturn have the Sp. Atk. stats to make him a viable option for a team? I've raised one to level 50, and it's SpAtk is mediocre at best. Is he usable, or should I replace him on my next team? If so, who with? The moveset I used is Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray. Thanks all!

Default Lanturn

Lanturn's stats are more oriented toward tankishness rather than offensive beast. I'd use him if your team needed its staying power and resistances (like Volt Absorb), but I wouldn't use him otherwise. If you do use Lanturn, give it Rest and perhaps Thunder Wave over Ice Beam and Confuse Ray.

Banned

Default Lanturn

I would say Lanturn is useable. Afterall, Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire are more or less balanced out than it had been prior to these versions, since the stats are more spread out.

Banned

Default Lanturn

Who would make a decent water type replacement, ignoring Milotic, since I'm not that ambitious to find a Feebas.

Banned

Default Lanturn

Well, Lanturn is a irreplaceable in a sense since what he offers since it provides both electric and water capabilities.

Default Lanturn

My personal favorite is Azumarill, who with Huge Power and maxed Attack effort has 438 Attack. Not to mention it gets Substitute + Focus Punch to boot.

Remy: Depends on if he really needs the electric resistance. If he does, Swampert works fine in that position as well.

Banned

Default Lanturn

Don'tRunWithScizors: Well, I'm really basing my judgement on GR's siggy... :sweatdrop

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Lanturn

thunderdance lanturn:
    raindance
    thunder
    surf
    icebeam/confuseray

otherthing
    thunderwave
    thunderbolt
    surf
    confuseray/icebeam

hm....what's a good azumarill set? =D
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Cunning Linguist Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Lanturn

Azumarill... like Don't Run With Scizors said, using Substitute and Focus Punch is a good combo. The Huge Power trait is especially useful.

You could use Substitute, Focus Punch, Surf and something for a filler, maybe? Up to you!
    Working ;D