Thread: Amulet of Altheaka - M

SALTED NUTS! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Amulet of Altheaka - M

Amulet of Altheaka
    (Rated Mature for violence, language and sexual content. No sex scenes, please)

You are a student at St. Benivere's Boarding School, a correctional facility for troublesome students. You've just recently been enrolled, and you're not exactly eager to see your new temporary home. Despite what you thought, it's built on a beautiful campus with a lake, forest, and even a mountain or two. Plus, the teachers are all stuffed shirts, and it'll be great fun playing pranks on them.

One night, you are out exploring the woods because you've heard a rumor about the existence of a gigantic hollow tree, which would be ideal for storing items that would otherwise be confiscated, and for lying low when the heat's up. After a few hours of searching, without any success, you begin back in the direction of the school. However, before you can leave the forest, you are greeted with a strange sight.

The first four students that arrive at the wooded glade are greeted by the sight of four beautiful people in strange clothing, hunched over on the ground. They appear to be fatally wounded, but despite the profuse amounts of blood, they are strangely calm. You make eye contact with one of them for what seems like an eternity, then there is a bright flash of light, and they are gone. You hurry back to the dormitories, not sure what you've just witnessed.

The second group, having seen the bright flash, arrives at the same spot a few minutes later. There is nothing there now, but for a few spots of blood on the grass. However, you get an ominous feeling, and the glade seems darker than the rest of the forest. You rush back to the school, anxious to get back indoors, where it's safe.

The next day, you awaken to find that all is not as it should be. You've changed and quite drastically. If you were one of the students to see the Elves, then you've become the one whom you made eye contact with. If you were one of the ones to show up afterward, then your body, while still human, is noticably demonic in nature.

As you go through your school day, the teachers accept your story that you are a late arrival to the school, but insist that you get registered at the office and acquire a copy of your scheduale. Eventually, one by one, you find that there are triggers that cause you to transform between your normal self, and the wholly new one.

In your dreams that night, you are contacted by either the elve or demon whose appearence you've taken on. They tell you that they are from another realm called Arudynae, and are seeking a sacred artifact that lies in the school, so that they may use it either to destroy the portal between the two worlds or open it up as wide as can be. It appears that you've become their vessel, as they're too weak to be able to use bodies of their own. Instead they guide you, telling you how to summon and use your new powers. They also tell you that there are enemies in the school, and that it is your job to stop them before they can get the artifact.

And so you embark on a quest to keep up with your dual set of classes, ensure that the teachers and students don't notice that you're really two people, and save/destroy the world. Hey, no one said High School was easy.

Ok. Right off the bat, I want to say that, unless you are going to be commited to this RPG, don't post/reserve. By committed, I mean that you'll be able to, and actually will post once a week, bare minimum. Even if it's a tiddler of an RPG post, just put something out. I'll accept absences involving a lack of Interweb access, but for Chrissake, tell me beforehand. If your excuse is of the "Too... much... work..." variety, tough. Throw a post together in your spare moments.

Now, with that out of the way, let me say that this is a pretty free form RPG. It's supposed to be a comedy, so unlikely plot twists are all right, and even encouraged, as long as they don't outright contradict the game's world. You can be as outlandish as you like.

Pure Powers (Elve Only):
    Light - The ability to manipulate, well, light. Also involved in healing, it's a power that can help to rejuvinate people emotionally: Katherine Tenko (VirtualPlay)

Wind - Control over the air itself. Be imaginative: Drew Ruehide (Krystalline Kabutops)

Water - Since water is a component of pretty much every living thing, the ability to control it can come in handy: Nixie Tempest (Asilynne)

Plants - Probably the most versatile Pure Power, you can do almost anything with plants, ranging from offensive to defensive: Mashio Kouhei (EngiMatikul)

Tainted Powers (Demon Only):
    Darkness - The opposite of light. Involves poisons and negative emotions: Kyrie McKraye (Bulbasaur4)

Earth - This is almost as versatile as plants, except that rocks generally can't heal you: Naomi Wildfire (classy_cat18)

Fire - The most destructive power. Play with fire, and you're bound to get burned: Maura Banks (Nabooru23)

Animals - Complete control over animals. Use them as spies, minions, whatever: Arcadia DeVille (Tokyo Magnum)

My characters!

Student
    ~Name: Drew Ruehide
    ~Gender: Male
    ~Age: 17
    ~Appearence: Drew is five foot nine, with a thin, lanky build that indicates his gymnastic ability. His hair is dyed black, with flecks of brown showing through a few areas, and extends down just past his ears. His eyes are a light shade of gray, and have perpetual shadows under them. He's very pale, and no matter how much time he spends out in the sun, he can never get a tan or, failing that, even a sunburn. He wears sandals and black-and-red cargo shorts, of the baggy sort that extend down past the knees and have more pockets than you can count using all your fingers and toes. For a shirt, he wears a white, long-sleeved one under a black, short-sleeved shirt covered with macbre imagery (Skulls, entrails, large amounts of blood). To finish it off, he wears a black scarve on his head, leaving only his bangs poking out.
    ~Personality: Drew is what most people would call a freak. He's sometimes melancholy and moping, but usually lively and smartassed. Everyone's a target for a joke (And anyone but his friends is a fair prank target, too), and his antics get him in trouble a fair amount of the time. Highly nonsensical at first glance, he's always plotting. However, in his transformed state, he's very vulnerable. He's not used to possessing a female body, and so has no idea when someone's taking advantage of his ignorance. He's very prone to mood swings as Evalynne.
    ~Relationships: Drew is friends with Maura, because they share the same look (And because Maura's the only person who can get Drew to be serious).
    ~Normal to Power Trigger: Drew gains Evalynne's body whenever he yawns, which is a lot, seeing that he doesn't think too highly of education.
    ~Power to Normal Trigger: Drew changes back to himself when someone yanks out one of the long, purple hairs that Evalynne possesses.
    ~Word: Canberra (Austrailian capital :3)
    ~Other: His favorite country's Australia, because of all the deadly little beasties that live there. He's also good at using various accents.

Elve/Demon
    ~Name: Evalynne "Brown" (The last name is what Drew adds when he's in her form during the school day)
    ~Race: Elve
    ~Apparent Age: 17
    ~Gender: Female
    ~Appearence: Like this when she's in battle, but during the normal school day she wears her hair with a black scrunchie such that it all comes together at the back of her head, giving her a long pony-tail that, for some people at least, is irresistable to tug on. It's a style that (somehow) manages to hide the points of her ears (which are both pierced at the earlobe). As to her clothes, she wears a typical school-girl uniform during the day, with a blue pleated skirt that comes down to her mid-thigh, and a tight, white, button-up, collared, short-sleeve shirt with a lavender tie. Oh yes, and she wears those black dress shoes that most schoolgirls wear as well.
    HOWEVER, once she (finally) procures a pass to wear whatever the hell she wants (If you're not wearing some sort of school uniform, you need one of these), her attire changes dramatically. She swaps her button-up shirt and tie for a black halter-top (It's tight too... she can't find any shirts that aren't xX; ) with Invader Zim on the front. In place of her blue skirt she has black, ripped-and-repaired capris, and to replace her dress shoes she has black platform boots (No, not the sixties kind, the kind that you can find at Hot Topic!). She even puts her hair down (Although she uses a special pair of earrings to keep her eartips in her hair).
    ~Personality: She's very wise, but has no patience with Drew, and his lamentations about now having to attend dance class. She is determined to get the Amulet of Altheaka before the demons do, so that she may finally seal the portal between the two worlds. Although she does have a soft side, she doesn't display it often, as she's constantly having to kick Drew into gear.
    ~Power: Wind
    ~Other: *Starts playing airball with other*

/>-Drew Ruehide-<\

It had not been a very productive day for me. Sundays aren't generally productive for anyone, including me, but today had been a real waste. Right after breakfast, I had filled my spare pack with food and ill-gotten goods, and managed to convince Maura to come with me into the woods to find a tree I had heard rumors about. It wasn't any ordinary tree, but a tree of enourmous proportions, and it was supposed to be hollow.

We'd searched through lunch, and well into the evening, but to no avail. Having split up a couple of hours ago, we had agreed to meet back at the castle once the sun set. It was only a half-hour before it was to set at the moment, and I was willing to bet that Maura was already back at school.

I sighed as I trudged through the semidarkness, wishing I hadn't eaten all my snacks at noon. Pulling my pack off my shoulder frustratedly, I rummaged through it again, but didn't find anything new. Some shoes, a well-sealed bag of itching powder, fake vomit, a flashlight, and dozens of other prank items were nside, but nothing edible was to be had (excluding a few items that you could eat, but would regret shortly thereafter).

Slinging the pack back on my shoulder, I set off through the forest again, in the direction that the school's lights were very barely emanating from. At least, that's what I thought they were as I worked my way through the close-knit trees, until I abruptly entered a clearing and saw their real source.

In the center of the glade (It was rather spacious) were four people. They were kneeling on the ground, each holding a lamp in one of their hands, which I guessed was the source of the light. They were wearing the strangest clothes I had ever seen, and as I looked I realized that they were covered in blood. Upon closer inspection, it seemed that the people themselves were the source of all the gore.

Strangely though, they didn't look like they were too scared. In fact, it seemed that they didn't have the faintest idea that they were bloodier than the second World War. As I stared at them, transfixed, my eyes slid to one in particular. She was tall, had long purple hair, pointed ears (o_O; ), and was perhaps the most gratuitously dressed female that I had ever seen in the flesh (With a body to match!). As I stood there, drinking her in, her head turned and our eyes met.

It couldn't have been for more than a second that we held each other's gaze, but it felt like days. I wasn't sure what she could read in my eyes, but I could discern a few emotions in hers. Hope. Reluctance. Skepticism. And just the tiniest hint of fear.

However long it was that she held my gaze, our reading of each other abruptly halted as a pure white light filled the area. There wasn't any sound to accompany it, just a sudden burst of luminescence. I believe that the people who witnessed the dropping of the first atomic bomb must have had a similar view.

After what I guessed to be a minute, my vision was completely back. What I saw was not what I had expected. Where the girl and the others had been, there was nothing but a lot of bloody grass. With a start, I realized that I wasn't the only one to have witnessed the strange occurence.

Around the perimeter of the clearing were a scattering of other people, all of whom I knew from class. Mashio Kouhei, the preteen claiming to be sixteen, was a ways to my right, still rubbing his eyes. Across from me were a pair of girls, Nixie Tempest and Katherine Tenko. Nixie, I knew, was blind, so I was a little uneasy to realize that she too was staring at the spot where the four bloody people had been. Katherine looked a bit confused at what she had just saw.

I gave out a forced chuckle, causing them all to turn to me. "Did... Did you guys see that too? I'm not hallucinating blood-drenched cosplayers from World of Warcraft, right?" Mash (My nickname for him) nodded. "Affirmative. I saw them too, although I'm not exactly sure WHAT they were." Kat and Nix (More nicknames - the more the person they apply to dislikes them, the better) also nodded, but neither said anything.

I felt kind of awkward with the silence that followed, and made a hasty exit of the clearing. Mash was just a nerd to me, but Kat and Nix... Something about them deeply unnerved me. They'd been doing that to me ever since the start of school a week ago. I couldn't put my finger on why Kat spooked me, but Nix probably did it because she was blind. It was always hard for me to feel comfortable around disabled people, because I never knew how to act. Thankfully, she didn't insist on much interaction between herself and anyone besides Kat.

Putting all these thoughts to the back of my head, I set to work on finding my way back to school. It took me about a half-hour, and cut me up like a slab of chicken breast, but the forest finally relinquished me onto the school grounds. To my irritation, the mess hall was closed and dinner was over. I retired to my room, throwing my pack in a corner and flopping down on my bed. I gave a little smirk, thinking how lucky I was to have my own room. The guys, for the most part, had individual rooms, but I'd heard that so many girls had been sent to the school that a good two-thirds had to share rooms. Maura wasn't one of them, which I was very happy about, as I liked to spend my afternoons studying in her room. It was very well-decorated, filled with dark imagery, and it stayed cool during the school day due to the fact that the cafeteria's jumbo freezers were just on the other side of her wall.

Yawning, I pulled a book and my iPod Shuffle off of the nearby shelf, and began to read as I listened to Green Day and Linkin Park. Before long, I was snoring loudly, my mouth agape and my Shuffle and book lying on the floor by my bed. I needed all the rest I could get, because even though I didn't know it, tommorrow was going to be a busy day.

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Amulet of Altheaka - M

Student
    Name: Nixie Tempest
    Appearence: See attachment, too lazy to draw ATM ^-^() Her eyes stare blanking most of the time-shes blind-but she does convey emotions with them rather well.
    Personality: Calm and quiet, she is very optimistic and has a peaceful air about her most of the time. Can hear very well and likes listening to sounds of nature. Very smart and perceptive despite her lack of sight, has sort of a sixth sense about other people and can easily tell how they are inside.
    Relationships: Is the girlfriend of Katherine XD Otherwise Open, I dont know so PM if you want ^-^()
    Normal to Power Trigger: When someone clasps her hand (fingers laced or not) and holds for more than 5 seconds
    Power to Normal Trigger: When she trips over something, bumps into something, or otherwise jars herself unexpectidly
    Word: Sushi XDDD
    Other: Shes blind, but for a split second in the forest she could see---and her first sight was the elf she can become. She doesnt know how it was possible. Her elf form can see so its the only time when shes not blind.

Elve/Demon
    Name: Maylin Clearscale
    Race: Elve
    Apparent Age: 16
    Appearence: See second pic, Wears something like that too only without so many strings around. Has a semi serious look on her face but gets excited and hyper easily.
    Personality: Seems to explode with energy when excited lol Most of the time is semi mellow but when the right thing comes along she gets hyper, but not in the really annoying shoujo way XD Has a temper despite how petite she looks. Sort of has a sadness about her when shes not hyper and in her serious mood.
    Power: Water
    Other:

~~~~Nixie Tempest~~~~
    If only I could see for but a moment, the light in your eyes....

Most people probably felt it was horrible to live in darkness. Im sure it was, but to me I didnt live in darkness. Darkness and light, these meant nothing to me, just myths that people who say they can ‘see’ talk about. My world was very much alive and vibrant, full of sounds, smells and feels.
    The sounds I was hearing were the night bugs chirping as the wind whispered through the grass and trees of the forest. The smells were the sweet scents of the night air and the fragrent scents of the forest. The feels, well, Kat’s warm hand in mine was the only one which mattered to me.
    We were sneaking out to spend some time together. Kate heard about this tree with an opening in it that you could practically crawl inside. Excitement bubbled up within me, it felt kinda exciting knowing you were doing something bad and might get caught. I angled my head up at where I knew Kate’s face was and smiled. I loved her so much, but it wasnt just that. She was also my best friend, she helped me out when everyone else just laughed at me. She carried my books and helped me find my classes. She hung out with me when everyone else was too afraid. It was no wonder why she was my first love. It surprised me when I realised I liked girls, but I must, because I love Kate.
    Kate told me occasionally that she was a guy, but I knew she was probably trying to make my parents felt better. They never approved of us as a couple. Thats why, in fact, I was sent here, to ‘correct’ my problem. But that didnt matter, I knew that nothing would tear us apart.
    Kate stopped walking suddenly and put a hand on my shoulder. I could feel leaves under my feet, and crickets were chirping all around us. We mustve been in a clearing. “Here it is,” she said, her sweet voice warmed my heart. We sat next to a tree and held each other close. She was pretty flatchested, but that didnt matter to me. I was sure she was the most beautiful person in the world. If I could only see one thing I wish it could be her.

Suddenly something assulted me, I couldnt even describe it. How can you describe something youve never experienced before? It was all around me, could this be....could it be the thing called.....LIGHT???

I saw something, SAW something? Im seeing! Vivid colors, my head was swimming. What was happening?? How was it happening?
    There was a person.....
    Beautiful light hair, bright eyes... “Kate.....” I gasped. No, it wasnt her........she looked at me, and I caught the sense that she was sad. Sad but furiously determined......to what? No, she was covered in blood.....someone was hurt!!! Was she from our school????

Then my world went dark again. Dark. I knew what that meant now. Dark was the opposite of what I had just seen, I saw light, vivid colors, and now it was dark. I didnt know how Id go back to it now that I knew what I was missing.

I clutched Kate’s arm, just wanting to go back to my room. I felt like crying, like I just lost something precious. That beautiful person, she looked like she was dying. And as she died so did the brief moment of sight I had.

“Kate....I wish it couldve been you I saw first....”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    yeah yeah yeah....I know. But she only ‘thinks’ shes a lesbian because she loves Kate and thinks hes a girl. Its kinda like how Akane is stupid about not knowing P-chan is Ryoga (Ranma reference) lol So if you get the reference keep that in mind in your posts lol
    Last edited by Asilynne; 23rd November 2010 at 11:55 AM.

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

...Σ(·ω·ノ)ノ!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Name: Mashio Kouhei
    Appearance: Rather short and "immature" for his age, most likely only just beginning puberty. Has a facial appearance still of a child, with short, light blue hair (short, with bangs and several strands sticking out here and there) and large, curious brown eyes. He wears a brown vest with a red necktie over his clean, unwrinkled shirt, as if attempting to look more formal and mature but instead looking more like a child attempting to look formal and mature. (Did that sentence make sense?) His suit goes well with his set of brown slacks and formal-type shoes. He always seems to be carrying a book around. He is not particularly short, but not tall either, and rather scrawny-looking.
    Personality: He's rather shy around people he doesn't know, especially around women. This does not change when his body changes, and for this reason Kouhei is anxious of this body changing process. With people he does know, however he seems cheerful enough. A very diligent, curious and inquisitve child, one that is almost certain to get all his schoolwork done; these traits are helpful as he has a strong attraction to chemistry, and, for whatever reason, can concoct a wide variety of strange and unusual chemicals that even his chemistry teacher has never heard of. His newly acquired power also greatly improves the variety and effectiveness of his potions...needless to say, his intelligence is recognized at least among people that know him, and he is (sometimes foolishly) willing to help people with any schoolwork or concocting a potion that someone may find useful.
    Relationship: He needs fwends... Sad
    Power Trigger: A bloody nose, whether from a fight or... for whatever reason there might be known >.> (he maybe hasn't completed puberty, but he knows what he sees when he sees it tongue)
    Back to Normal Trigger: being glomped
    Word: Apical Dominance, or Apical Recession if going back to normal >.> Yes, cheesey,I know tongue
    Other: He's planning to major in chemistry when he gets to college? I'm sure you didn't know that.

Elf
    Name: Sterinelis (Yes, I know, I'm bad at names, so kill me)
    Race: Elf
    Appearance: A lot more handsome, bishonen type of guy... pointedish face with (duh) elven ears, long lilac hair tied in a ponytail, with sidebangs that just happen to cover the pointedness of the ears. More squintish dark yellow eyes that give somewhat of a cool but piercing gaze when staring at anyone... his schoolclothes are a lot like Kouhei's clothes, but since his figure is different, it really does look a lot better on him than on Kouhei... his left hand has a "W" mark on the back in something like the shape of a tulip, which glows green when he uses his powers. When he's in superhero mode or whatever, he usually wears a pretty shiney green robe. Yea I know, real descriptive.
    Personality: He is somewhat of a cunning prankster, likes to play on words a lot and enjoys messing around with people. However, he can have his serious moments as well... he'll never stray too far away from his quest. Despite his appearance and prankster personality, he is not too fond of women (like Kouhei) and would much more prefer avoiding them than having to converse with them...He persoanlly finds Kouhei a rather boring character, wanting to study all the time without having much fun for himself, but later he changes his mind as he finds that the potions Kouhei concocts are very... interesting to play with... and thus aids Kouhei in making more exotic kinds of chemicals.
    Powers: Plant~! \o/
    Other: is rehto spelled backwards!

Mashio Kouhei (haha Kouhei is supposed to be his first name, but Mashio works just as well :p screw japanese nominclature!)
    -----
    "Crap crap crap crap!!" I said as I ran as fast as I could toward the door. You know, it wasn't my fault that the lunch room is so fragile, having burned through ANOTHER hole in the wall (via an acid base reaction using the most curious composition known as school lunch) that leads to a more convenient travelling method to the english class next door. But I figured the authorities neither wanted that new door in the first place nor would listen to my criticism of the lack of security around eating facilities.
    However, apparently there was a school rumor moving around that there was some mysterious tree species said to give unnatural properties. Now would be an EXCELLENT time to investigate into these interesting rumors.
    After a while I started getting out of breath, but I was already deep into the gardens of the school. I started taking my time, slowly but cautiously, proceeding around the forest, but as so far, most of the trees looked rather ordinary... (there were some intriguing shrubberies that I could possibly experiment with, though.) After a long while of meandering I had come to the conclusion that the rumor was, indeed, just a rumor, and proceeded back towards the school, deep in thought on how to explain the accident I had just earlier...
    I suddenly came to a stop as I noticed there was someone in front of me; I hadn't noticed immediately because he was so quiet. It took another second to figure out that he was one of my classmates, Drew I believe, and then another to determine why he had been staying silent and awestruck for so long: On the ground were human (or appear to be human) bodies, bloodied from whatever horrific or tragic event that must have occurred only a short while earlier... no, incorrect, they were not dead yet, they were alive, perhaps on their last breath, but alive. One of them suddenly moved his head in the direction towards me and held his glance for as long as he could, like a wilting flower struggling to maintain its erectness. Then a split second they were gone, and I was left to ponder whether I had accidentally added PCP into my last experiment when Drew interrupted me.
    "...not hallucinating blood-drenched cosplayers from World of Warcraft, right?" I affirmed him that he was not the only one who just witnessed a rather unusual event. After a moment of silence, everyone returned to their normal state and acted much as if nothing had happened at all. I figured that with the mess hall blown up and a bunch of dying people showing up in the forest, now would be a good time to head back towards the dorms and rest for a bit.
    -----
    :p oh, I might be online less when I move into my new apartment since there's no internet yet, but I'll still attempt to post. :p
    I am the edge of my shape.
    Squared is my face and cubed is my volume.
    I have proved over a thousand theorems.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    These polygons hold many numbers,
    Yet these polygons will remained unsolved.
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!
    There are no such thing as mad scientists, only creative ones.

The real Shonta Moderator

Student
    Name: Naomi Wildfire
    Appearance: African-American, 5'3", medium build. She wears a white blouse and a denim skirt with black sandals most of the time. She has dark brown eyes and hair that she wears in a long braided ponytail. On her forearms she has tatoos of yellow crescent moons, which she sometimes hides with long sleeves.
    Personality: She looks like she doesn't care about anything. She's quiet and sarcastic when she does talk. Deep inside, though, she can be the most caring person you've ever met. Although it looks like she isn't interested in school, she actually makes good grades. She is sometimes lost in her music.
    Relationships: open
    Normal to Power Trigger: Upbeat music.
    Power to Normal Trigger: Slow music.
    Word: Nia (her mother's name)
    Other: carries around an blue colored iPod Mini for entertainment and to control her transformation.

Demon
    Name: Kit "Dune"
    Race: Demon.
    Apparent Age: Still 17.
    Appearance: She wears the same clothes outside of battle. Her hair, still in a ponytail, now has sand-colored highlights in it. Her eyes are now yellow (she says their contacts) and her tattoos' colors change to blood red. Her nails become as sharp as claws. When she's in battle, she gains two fennec fox tails and ears and wears a black T-shirt and blue jeans.
    Personality: She's cheery and enthusiastic about almost everything, even battle. She loves to make friends and protect them. She's usually innocent and sweet but can get pretty angry when she wants to. She can still be seen with earphones in her ears, listening to music.
    Power: Earth
    Other: She likes the Black Eyed Peas a lot.

"Another boring day of school," I groaned as I walked through the halls of the impressive looking building. Why did they send me to a school for troubled students? There was nothing troubling about me. I just didn't care about school that much. Schoolwork gave me migraines.

I strolled out into the garden outside to relax for a while and listen to my iPod Mini. I was casually looking around when it happened. A bright flash came from the forest near me. It blinded me for a second. I blinked away the spots before my eyes and looked at the forest again, waiting for the flash to happen again. It never did. For the first time something on these school grounds finally got my attention. I turned off my iPod and walked to the forest. Fortunately for me, I knew where that flash happened. A hollow tree happened to be where I was going.

But as I neared that spot I felt like turning tail and running back to my dorm where it was safe. The glade where the hollow tree stood was darker than usual. There was something about that place that I didn't like. I looked down at the ground and found out why. Blood. Only a few spots here and there, but it was still there. I froze in place. I heard footsteps behind me and whirled around to find some more students behind me. I noticed one of the students as Kyrie McKraye. I turned to her. "I guess you also saw the flash. Well, I'm going back to my dorm before whoever -- or whatever -- caused the flash decides to come back." I yawned deeply and remembered about how exhausting having to stay awake through classes could be.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Student
    Name: Katherine Tenko
    History: {it needs to go here for this} If you can't tell already, he's had a messed up life. It started out fine, perhaps, born to a pure Japanese father and an American mother…or maybe that's where it was all wrong. Both of his parents were extremely messed up in their heads, for they were fully convinced that their newborn boy was a baby girl. Not even the doctors could make them see otherwise, and so for the first 12 years of his life he grew up as a girl, knowing something was off but not really being able to figure out what it was. Then puberty hit, and in the wrong way from how his parents expected. Somehow their mistake was blatantly shown to them and absolutely horrified, they put him up for foster care, completely disappearing from his life.
    Appearance: He's about 5'9" with a slim, girlish build, and more often than not gets confused for one (though genetically he's fully male, and has no female parts); straight, dark brown hair that's long and down to the small of his back (which he often keeps in a loose ponytail); bright green eyes that seem to sparkle (though not in a creepy way); he also gets the full genetics for having virtually no visible body or facial hair from his Asian father; furthermore, his voice never dropped, as he'd been talking like a girl so long it kinda stuck. For clothes, well, since he's had 12 years of dressing like a girl, he never really learned how to dress like a boy, so he only wears girl clothes; this includes, but is not limited to, skirts, dresses, girl tees, etc., as well as panties and a bra (even though he doesn't need it and has to have the 'flat' kind, he feels naked without one); he quite often wears skirts and dresses, adding to his problem of being confused for a girl; additionally, he wears the basic foundations of girls' makeup, though he doesn't do much with it himself (usually just foundation, lip balm, and mascara).
    Personality: He doesn't only look and dress like a girl, he unfortunately acts like one as well. He's usually not a hyper person, more of a nice and gentle person. He prefers activities that are more girlish, as well as the company of girls over other boys. He usually doesn't care about how he is different, and often simply ignores anyone who tries to provoke him based on it. He also usually doesn't get angry. He is, however, quite straight, and does not see guys as being interesting in that kind of a relationship.
    Relationships: He's Nixie's boyfriend; he met her in middle school and began helping her then, but by the time they got to high school, he realized how much he liked her and they became close. Open to others, though it'd have to be a good reason.
    Normal to Power Trigger: When he puts on a male piece of clothing, including a generic T-shirt. This also includes simple stuff like underwear and designed-for-guy socks.
    Power to Normal Trigger: When someone else pinches him (he can't pinch himself).
    Word: Bra
    Other: While he doesn't do much in the makeup department himself, he doesn't mind at all letting girls dress him up with the stuff (though he usually tries to avoid going to public places with it on). He also lets them dress him up in more girlish clothes than he'd normally put on himself.

Elf/Demon
    Name: Fai Lumin
    Race: Elf
    Apparent Age: 17
    Appearence: Fai is kinda tall and built well, about 6'1" and 160 lbs. His hair is now a bright blond, and is a lot shorter than Katherine's, though it's still a good four inches long and very puffy, easily covering the points of his ears. His eyes are a bright blue, and always seem to smile.
    For school his uniform consists of a pair of khaki pants, a white button-up shirt, and a black tie; after he gets the free-dress pass, he wears one of three pairs of pants (blue jeans, black jeans, and khakis) and one of his T-shirts, 'cause that's basically all he has (and he refuses to wear the button-up shirt and tie). Eventually he'll get other stuff, but he's usually too lazy to do it.
    For his battle outfit, however, he switches to a more flexible outfit (see attachment). It's just like that, except he doesn't wear the long gloves (his shirt is short-sleeve), all his clothes are a soft yet strong cloth material, and matching his pants he wears boots that are extremely easy to walk and jump around in (they're thin and come up to about 6 inches above his ankles).
    Personality: Fai is very free-spirited, often seeming to be air-headed, but he never is. When he gets a task he knows must be done, he works hard to finish it. Of course, with Katherine being how he is normally, he has a really hard time adjusting to suddenly being more like a guy, and is often unsure of what to do. When he's Fai, he's always trying to catch up on the 'guy learning' he should have been doing all his life.
    Power: Light
    Other: The name was originally not going to be Tsubasa-related, but then Fai came up as a guy's name meaning "brilliant light" and I couldn't resist.

----------

~~ ~~ Katherine Tenko ~~ ~~

I woke up Sunday morning feeling like it would be a great day to just relax and not go out much. Slowly I sat up and blinked the sleep from my eyes, then looked over at the other bed in the room on which my girlfriend Nixie still slept. I didn't care at all that she was completely blind; her personality was enough to counter her blindness.

I got up from my bed, quietly so as not to disturb Nixie, and went over to the closet where my clothes were. Since I had already decided on not doing much, I picked out a thin-cloth ankle-length skirt, light blue in color, then went to my drawers and pulled out a pale yellow baby-doll tee, putting them on my bed. Then pulled my nightshirt off over my head and folded it, putting it under my pillow.

You might be thinking that I'm a girl and a lesbian. Well, you'd be partly right in that guess. In almost every respect I am a girl, except for probably the one big respect. As I pulled off my underwear from last night, it was obvious what my difference was, as the parts tumbled out again. Yes, physically, I'm a boy, a male. But that's not who I am inside, who the real me is.

But as I pulled on a clean pair of panties, the small-sized parts shifted again, and nobody would have been able to tell they were there unless they grabbed them. Despite the fact that I had a boy's body, it was as far from being masculine as possible, a fact for which I was grateful. I also pulled on a 'flat' bra, because despite technically not needing it, I personally felt it was wrong to not wear it because it was just against my nature.

Stretching my arms, I walked back to my bed and pulled on my shirt, pulling my soft brown hair through it. I then stood up and got my skirt on, letting the long cloth flow around my bare legs as I walked over to where my sandals waited for me to put them on.

"Good morning, Kate," a beautiful voice said, and I turned back to see Nixie sitting up, her head turned in my general direction. Nixie was the silver lining on me having a boy's body, in that physically I wasn't homosexual in loving her. But since I was a girl at heart, I guess it could be said I was, anyway. It didn't matter to me either way; Nixie was an angel, and I loved her more than words could describe.

"Good morning, Nixie," I said, my voice nice and bright. Despite having the clouds of being physically male hanging over me every morning, it seemed I had gotten every silver lining possible. My voice had never dropped, I had never had to shave anywhere, my body wasn't masculine at all. Aside from having guy parts and no female breasts (which I've heard other girls complain about anyway), I really was basically a girl.

I went over to her bed and sat next to her on it, making her head turn towards me again. I smiled as she gently felt my face, making a smile cross her face as well. That made my smile only grow, knowing I could make her feel happy just by being with her. She moved her arms around my body and we hugged, glad to have each other. "I love you, Kate," she said in my ear.

"I love you too, Nixie," I said back, then after we separated I helped her to get dressed as I did every morning. By now it was second nature to help her with this; I was a girl like her, so there was no need for hiding from each other.

I slipped on my sandals and helped Nixie into hers, and I led her out of our dorm. I was about to ask Nixie what she wanted to do when a voice called down the hall, "Kate! Nixie!" I turned to see Kelly Fortran running down the hall towards us. Kelly was a year below us and widely known as the best gossiper in the whole school. "Guess what?!" she said, louder than necessary, then in a softer tone continued, "I just heard that there's supposed to be this weird tree that's really large, but completely hollow out in the forest. It'd be a really cool place to hide and be alone, y'know?" With that, she winked at me and nodded silently at Nixie, and I understood what she meant by 'be alone.'

It took me less than two minutes to change my skirt to a white knee-length one, giving me more mobility to explore the forest. Nixie and I walked around, hoping to find it, her hand always in mine. We explored for most of the day, but unfortunately as the sun was starting to set there was still no sign of the tree. Slightly put down, I instead found us a small clearing, and sat by her, our backs against a decently-sized tree. I knew it wasn't the right place, but I said, "Here it is," anyway, to make Nixie happier.

So we sat there for a little while, hugging each other and leaning on the tree. Even though I knew she couldn't see me, I also knew she felt absolutely content with just being next to me. If only our peaceful time had lasted longer…

A bright flash of light forced my eyes open. Next to me Nixie was confused too, and we both stood up. I looked at her, but something was different; she wasn't looking at me, even though I was holding her arm. Instead she seemed to be looking into the clearing we had sat by. She said, "Kate…" as if she were calling me, but her eyes…they seemed to actually be looking at whatever it was…looking and focusing. I felt a sudden urge to look as well and was shocked to see people sitting in the small patch of open field that was empty only a minute ago.

My eyes focused on one person in particular, a guy a few inches taller than me, with fluffy blond hair and a cute outfit…except he was all cut up and his clothes were covered in blood! I nearly screamed, but somehow I held it in as he looked at me. He wasn't wincing in pain or anything, but his eyes stared into mine and he seemed to smile.

Then quite suddenly, there was nothing there but patches of bloody grass. Nixie grabbed my arm more tightly and surprised me with what she said next. "Kate…I wish it could've been you I saw first…" and her eyes teared up as she hugged me tightly. 'Saw,' she said, as in with her eyes. Somehow that light had given her a brief moment of sight, and she was no longer able to see.

"Come on, let's go back to the room," I said softly, and as quickly as I could I led her out of the forest and back towards the dorms, where we got changed again into our bedclothes and went to sleep, both of us unnaturally tired.

"I…I still love you, Kate," Nixie said, and I could tell she was crying still. "E-even though I couldn't see you, I still love you…"

"I still love you too," I said, "and it doesn't matter at all that you didn't see me." I looked at her, and watched as her breathing slowed to a regular rhythm, indicating that she was now asleep. Within minutes, I was asleep too.
    ~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Name: Kyrie McKraye
    Appearence: [See Attachment Below!] Her eyes are a startling leaf-green in color, with no trace of blue or yellow. Just seemingly solid green. Her hair is a deep auburnish brown... for color sakes.
    Personality: Kyrie is rather... quite. She doesn't like to talk to anyone really, unless she's forced to. When she does talk, it's short and she talks bluntly. She's not really mean but she'll tell the truth, bluntly and simplisticly. She'll also give her point of view this way as well. If you're ugly, she'll say it. If you're stupid, she'll say it. Deep down she's pretty caring and nice... but she just has had a bad history and thus she represses any feelings she really has. This hurts her a lot... inside, but she doesn't want to show weakness because of how she was raised. Weakness=bad.
    Relationships: She really doesn't have friends... but she has shown her music to Arcadia. A few sheets of it anyways.
    (I hope that's okay)
    Normal to Power Trigger: If she sings/plays/hums her song, "Hole in the Heart" or hears it from some one else.
    Power to Normal Trigger: Saying, "I'm sorry"
    Word: Smile
    Other: Kyrie was allowed to bring her guitar with, and she writes and sings a lot of her music. She's very talented at it too... although her music tends to be soft, sad songs anywhere from the genre of alternative to gothic rock.

Elve/Demon
    Name: Spharxinor but the 'students' call him Spharx (with odd looks I might add)
    Race: Demon
    Apparent Age: 18
    Appearence: [See Attachment for Basic Humanoid Appearance] Her looks like that, and during the day he wears a classic button-up shirt that is usually black in color. (Very hot upon him I might add ^_~) he mirrors this with dark jeans, either blue or black as well. Around his neck is always a silver chain with a cresent moon with an eye-like pupil in th emiddle made of ruby. When he goes into battle, he prefurs to just get rid of his shirt and go shirtless. He has a tattoo upon his back of black wings...a nd it is in this spot that wings can erupt from his back. The wings look like a half-breed between draconic and semi-transparent, but they are overall a crimson-black. He also has silver-like claw-like things that seem metallic that can erupt from his wrists, when he gets really angry. They look like bracelets when they pop out! ^_^ Other than that, he looks pretty human. Oh, and he has an uber cool scar across his chest that is cresent-shaped slightly, reaching from his collarbone to the underside of his pectoral muscle.
    Personality: On the outside, he gives off a 'carefree' personality. He doesn't seem to care about things... and he puts people at ease. He's a HUGE charmer... able to use his silky words to put anyone at ease and usually he gets trust easily. He'll never provoke someone on purpose. However, when it gets down to 'business' or when others provoke or attack him... he gets pissed super easily and gets extremely violent.
    Power: Darkness
    Other: He doesn't mind Kyrie, finding her quite fasinating... but he finds the Elves, humans and almost everything 'fasinating'

Kyrie McKraye

Eating dinner was quite uneventful, at least for Kyrie McKraye. She never showed up to the big mess halls for long. She would go through the line, get one edible thing, and then drift her way back to her room. She shared the room with another person (I’m being vague so if anyone wants to share rooms with her) but they apparently weren’t in at the moment. Of course, MOST people at the correction camp ate at the big mess hall. It was a place you could socialize, although to Kyrie it reminded her too much of High School. She hated High School. Not because she was picked on a lot… because she wasn’t, but because of the events that occurred there. Unimportant, pathetic events which define who you are in this most superficial terms. So of course, she hated being in the mess hall because of this resemblance. That, and she didn’t want to socialize. Most people were jerks- even the nicest people had their own dirty little thoughts about anyone.

Finishing her one-part dinner, Kyrie glanced at her guitar. She didn’t feel like playing it tonight… she had done that yesterday and her fingers were rather sore. Of course, she had finally completed one of her favorite pieces. “Hole in the Heart” – that was her new favorite piece which she had officially finished yesterday. The sheet music was still spread out upon her table in an organized manner, and Kyrie found herself glancing it over. It was as if she was paranoid there would be a flaw… some musical note that was out of place or beat that was slightly off. But she never found a flaw… and that was because it was perfect. It was everything she had ideally wanted it to be.

Glancing out her window… Kyrie saw the sky. It was quite dark… and the stars were showing through the night sky. Kyrie began to think about sleep when suddenly a brilliant flash seemed to ripple off in the distance. Kyrie’s eyes narrowed for a second, as she thought about what that could have been. Normally, in all circumstances, Kyrie would have ignored it- in actuality nothing interesting could have happened. At least, that was her opinion.
    But for some reason… she got up, and simply walked out.

When Kyrie knew where she was going, and approximately how long it was going to take to get there, she didn’t pack unless she had to. The area that had flashed was far enough away from camp but it wasn’t much of a huge hike. In the darkness… she plunged into the darkness as she entered the thicker parts of the forest. She had literally no fear of it, and she would not be lying if she said that she has never felt any fear being at this camp. It was extremely hard to frighten Kyrie anymore. Of course that was all connected to her past… but she would never tell anyone and no one would ask. That was the way things worked with her. If you don’t socialize, people don’t ask questions.
    Slowly Kyrie worked her way until she came to a clearing.

If it was at all possible… it seemed that things were darker. The air felt heavier and a looming fog seemed to try to creep upon her. Everything was silent and a rather strange feeling crept upon Kyrie. It was not fear… but apprehension- some thing was here. Flickering her eyes… one area of this seemingly vile area was a bit lighter. It wasn’t light however… to show relief or goodness, but to reveal what the darkness held. Upon a spot, there was blood everywhere… crimson blood intermixing with grass and dirt, staining the area. It wasn’t just a puddle either… it looked as if it were a pool of blood that had exploded. Staring at it, Kyrie suddenly stopped moving and was transfixed. No wind blew… but some how, Kyrie felt as if things were moving. Unseen shadows… some thing sinister yet playful at the same time. Kyrie’s eyes still stayed transfixed at bloody spot… until suddenly she heard a whisper.
    “Kyrie…”
    Kyrie’s eyes widened until she snapped her head around towards where the voice had come from. Then, as soon as she had done that… the darkness seemed to lift and the blood had vanished.

A voice came to Kyrie, Naomi had talked to her but she hadn’t really heard all the words. The blood had been too transfixing. Others had come however- Maura and Arcadia. They had seemed to have snapped out of a dream-like state as well. Kyrie withdrew a sharp breath, and then with out saying a word she turned and left.

The moment Kyrie had returned to her room and fallen upon the bedsheets tiredly, she felt sleep easily come to her. However… the dreams which she had were not normal. She kept seeing a strange figure… clad in black, with stunning crimson hair and handsome looks. He looked like he belonged to a modeling company… and despite Kyrie’s better nature, she felt as if she knew him. However… as soon as the dream had come, it had gone. Replacing with it… darkness.

[Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Mm'kay, even though it says I won't be posting in the Away Topic, I still feel all creative-like for this one, so yeah, mwahaha ^^;; I would've posted the other day, but our internet was down all weekend ><

Student
    ~Name: Hmm... Maybe Bill.. or Jane.. or Billy-Jane Seriously though... Maura (pronounced Mah-ruh) Banks
    ~Age: 16
    ~Appearance: She has a pale complexion, a start gothy contrast to her mid-back-length hair, which is brown dyed black, with the left bang dyed dark blue and the right dyed violet. She has two piercings above her left eyebrow, one a plain silver stud and the other a small white skull; her ears are also pierced, with one silver stud in the left cartuledge and two on the right, usually wearing hanging silver crosses on both lobes. She has a small black tattoo of a heart with flame designs on her abdomen, to the right and below of her belly button (which is also pierced with a silver stud), just above the pelvic bone. Her favorite outfit consists of a tight dark grey (looks almost black) tee with a cartoony off-white skull on the chest, and baggy black jeans with lots of straps and chains on them, along with knee-high leather boots. When she's not in class, she wears fingerless black leather gloves. Also has thin wire-framed glasses, but doesn't need them too horribly. Is also, er *cough* rather well-endowed >>;; ((I'm gonna draw her ))
    ~Personality: Quiet, doesn't usually talk to people she doesn't know unless she has to. Very non-conformist and set in her ways, she has the tendancy to think that what others believe is wrong unless it's what she thinks, or if they have adequate proof. She's not really depressed as her gothic look would suggest, just indifferent. Known to hit people that piss her off, but only if they keep doing it and don't stop when she asks them to. Detests authority, but knows when to show respect, if only to save her own neck.
    As Vax, she becomes even more introverted, even a little around her friends. This could be attributed to her complete lack of knowledge of the male body, besides the very basic stuff they teach you in health class ^^; Also hates his studliness and eagerness to flirt.
    ~Relationships: Good friends with Drew.
    ~Normal to Power Trigger: She transforms whenever she says the word "muffin" (hehe... see other)
    ~Power to Normal Trigger: Spinning around in circles (which will happen often enough, I can assure you)
    ~Word: Lestat... Her favorite fictional character
    ~Other: Has a cat she found out in the woods one day, who she keeps in her closet. She is a grey kitten named Muffins (dun dun DUUUN!!)

Elve/Demon
    ~Name: Vax "Jones"
    ~Gender: Male
    ~Race: Demon
    ~Apparent Age: 18
    ~Appearence: Rather tall by human standards, with spiky hair that seems to have been dyed bright red (keyword: seems ), and startling eyes that fade from bright yellow towards the pupil to red at the edge. Of course, Maura just claims they're contacts. He has a nice, tan skin tone, and is fairly well-muscled, but not particularly macho or muscle-head-ish. Likes to wear capes. Yush. He seems to procure them from out of nowhere Oo
    ~Personality: He's a generally crazy guy. He thinks he's a lady's man, and he likey the human women >>; I believe the term he uses is, "ravage" Also tends to be hyperactive, possibly with ADHD. His hobbies include burning things, setting people's hair on fire, drinking (he likes to hide boose), dancing like an idiot, and chasing squirrels and other such small animals. Don't ask.
    ~Power: Fire
    ~Other: Aww, but I wanted to kill it T_T Eheh... He has the tendancy to spontaneously burst into flames and sprout horns when upset ^^

~+~'Maura Banks'~+~

I had been trudging through this damned forest for who knows how long, carrying naught but a flashlight, since Drew had the pack with all his prank items with him. As I rounded a corner, silently wishing I'd brought my larger, more powerful flashlight instead of the pocket one into the ever-darkening woods, I started to hear voices. One of them sounded like Drew.

"Hey!" I called, crashing through the undergrowth, oblivious to the various stings on my arms. "Didjya find it?" I stopped short, to my dismay, only to find that he was gone, along with whoever else had been with him. An empty glade, marked only by a few spots of blood, probably from an animal. Heaving a sigh, I sat down with my back against a tree. Just an ordinary tree, not the hollow giant we had come in search of.

Deciding that I was altogether too sore from my little excursion through what seemed to be every type of thorned, sharp, or otherwise unpleasant bit of plantlife in the forest, I closed my eyes and let my mind wander as I often did when bored. I planned on getting up and going back towards the castle after it got dark, and the lights went on.

A short while later, however, I heard sounds of other people nearby, and I thought that it had gotten darker beyond my eyelids. The sun shouldn't have set that quickly... I opened my eyes.

Immediately, I wished I hadn't. Before me was a scene of gore that caused even someone as accustomed to violent images as I to flinch slightly in disgust. The air did indeed hold an air of eternal midnight, an inky blackness much deeper than the twilight of what couldn't have been more than a few minutes before. The whole place had a strange feeling to it, like something horrible could happen at any second. I found myself rooted to the spot. After a few moments I was able to scramble to my feet, and right away I ran, through the forest, through the academy halls, to my room.

After a few moments of fumbling with the doorknob, I thrust open the door and dove into my bed. Not wanting to get up even to close the door, I pulled the blanket over my head and tried to get to sleep.

Edit: Gah, I had a nice, long post, but, eh, I guess I didn't pay enough attention, so I had to rewrite the last part >.<;;
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Advanced Trainer

Just FYI, Evalynne Brown = Drew in Evalynne's body, and Evalynne = herself.

I was saving this bit to be unveiled at this point, to be a little surprise; Evalynne Brown is colorblind when it comes to anything on the red/purple side of the color wheel. She can see blue and green, as well as all skin colors and most hair shades, but she can't see anything between blue and green, IE yellow, purple, red, orange, or pink. They just appear to her as varying shades of gray.

*~+\-< Evalynne Brown >-/+~*

I'm a heavy sleeper. I admit it. I could have the opening battle of WWIII going on next door, and I'd still get a good night's rest. I'm also a late sleeper, so my waking up early was unusual.

But not as unusual for the reason of this five AM wake-up call.

I woke up abruptly, my eyes flying open. I wasn't sure what had caused me to awaken, but I immediately realized that something was wrong. My pajamas (A T-shirt and briefs) were tight in places that they should be loose, and vice versa. Sitting up, something became immediately evident to me. There was something (two somethings, actually) on my chest that shouldn't be there. Afraid of what I was about to see, I looked down and gave a little shrill squeak.

Yep, they were breasts. Big ones, too. The sort that a lot of girls would give an arm and a leg for. My shirt, which had been baggy the previous night, was now stretched taut. Although it didn't look anywhere close to breaking, I could tell by the feelings in my chest that this shirt was several sizes too small.

I stood up, a little shaky at first, but I soon found my center of gravity and all was well. Walking across the room, I looked into the tall mirror I had propped against the wall. It revealed, to my distaste, that I had a gorgeous figure. A large bosom, curves that ran on for days, a cute face, gray hair that went down past my ass, pointed ears... Pointed ears?

I felt them. Yes, they were definitely pointed. My hair covered part of them, but the fact was undeniable. It was at this point that I finally made the connection -

The girl from last night!

The four people in the clearing... The purple-haired girl... I looked just like her! The only difference was that my hair was gray. I looked at it, rather confused. In fact, now that I thought about it, my room looked noticeably less colorful then it had been before. There was a great deal more of the color gray in it now.

But I put this out of my mind. There was something I had to check, just to make sure this was real. Slowly, I pulled down my briefs, then abruptly yanked them back up, blushing furiously. I was right, this was definitely the real thing. In a rush, I pulled on a pair of jeans, using a belt to cinch them around my waist. I looked myself up and down in the mirror critically, thankful that I always bought pants a few sizes too big for me. Even so, they were uncomfortably tight around the hips. I would need to get some clothes that fit soon.

I left my room, locking the door behind me, and then slipping the key into my pocket. I knew that I had better get out of the guy's dorm pronto, and I knew just the person to help me with this; Maura. She'd have some clothes for me, and she'd be able to help me figure out what to do. Most importantly, she'd be a lot more stable then I was right now.

As I neared her room in the girl's dorms (clear on the other side of the school! ><; ), I pulled out the spare key she had given me. Inserting it into the lock, I turned, and was rewarded with a 'click' sound. I pushed the door open and walked in, and was rewarded as I closed the door behind me with a thrown pillow and a shout of "Get the fuck out of my room, whoever you are!!" The surprising part was that it was a guy's voice.

OOC: Take it away, Nab

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nyeaha, yay for the spellcheck option >w<

}~>Vax "Jones"<~{

I woke up slowly, as I usually do, somehow managing to entangle myself in my blankets in that state of half-consciousness between sleep and waking. At some point it came upon me to check the time. Managing to stick an arm out from under the sheets, I fumbled with my alarm clock until I had brought it to eye level. 4:32 AM flashed angrily at me.

I sat up with a groan. I couldn't even remember the last time I'd woken up at 4:30! I noticed that my voice had sounded a little off when I had just groaned, but I figured I had just caught a throat virus in that stupid forest.... Wait.....

Memories of the previous night came rushing back. I sighed, again noting a change in my voice. In fact, now that I was more awake, I noticed that some other things felt... off... For instance, I had fallen asleep in my jeans, but from what I could feel, the ones I was wearing were much too large around the waist, unlike the ones I had been wearing last night. And my bra, which I had also fallen asleep in, was slack against my chest. Which also felt wrong..

My eyes snapped open wide as I felt of my chest. After half a second I came to the horrifying conclusion:

My boobs were gone O.O

Immediately I shook the covers loose, revealing legs in pants that were a size or two too large and a few sizes to short, as well as a bulge that definitely should not have been there. Practically falling out of bed in an attempt to stand, I made my way to the mirror half-hidden in a corner, next to a dresser.

It took all my willpower to not fall over and crack my head on the dresser. There was definitely a guy staring back at me through the mirror, a guy with spiky crimson hair and eyes that went from bright yellow to red, like fire. My hand went to the top of the dresser I was leaning on (oh god, the guy in the mirror mimicked my every movement!) and I groped around for my glasses. Feeling the cool metal against my (?!) fingertips, I grasped the part that goes over your ear (I have no idea what that would be called) and brought them to my face.

I had to squint to be able to see the reflection that was obviously not mine doing the exact same thing. When I removed the glasses, I realised that I could see better than I had been able to see since I was eight, before I had needed glasses.

My arm fell limp and a chink was heard as the spectacles fell to the floor. I stood awkwardly and stumbled backwards onto the bed, then attempted to sit down with limbs longer than I was used to. I sat staring straight ahead, numb.

Suddenly, the click of a lock broke my train of thought, if there had even been one to begin with. I snatched a pillow from the bed beside me and held it, poised, as whoever was at the door opened it.

"Get the FUCK out of my room, whoever you are!" I shrieked, launching the pillow as soon as they came into view. Startled at the sound of my own voice, I immediately flung the blanket over my head and curled up into a ball, taking in short, ragged breaths as I tried to calm down.
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

...Σ(·ω·ノ)ノ!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*randomly invents a nickname at the last minute*
    Stern
    -----
    A crucial and highly important process in conducting research is lab cleanup after your day's work is done. This is important because some materials can react, or "spoil", at room temperature and with the atmosphere around it. If the chemical proves to be potentially lethal to inhale, there is a likely chance that anyone may be afflicted with dangerous symptoms just by walking into the room.
    Or sleeping.
    "OUCH!!!"
    The moment I sat up from my bed, awaking from my comforting nap, I hit my head against the ceiling... I had purposely raised my bed higher so that I can have more room to store important documents and compounds, so my bed was decently close to the ceiling... I have to watch out every time I get up from bed....
    Wait! I never hit my head against the ceiling before, I had estimated it to be at least 6 inches away from my head before I raised my bed...
    The first thing that came to mind was that I had finally hit puberty. However, 6 inch growth spurts over the course of one night is reasonably impossible, therefore I quickly discarded that idea. In that case, there must be other reasons...
    What did I work on last night? Well, early in the days, while working in the mess hall, I was attempting to develop a perfect photographic memory drug, that presumably will allow the user to remember an hour with every single detail, almost as if he or she was there at the time he or she took the drug... what were the side effects again? Childhood memory loss up to 10 years, false or confused memories the following 3 years... no, I remember my childhood days quite well, it couldn't have been the effects of that drug. Other than that, I went the forest, saw 4 people lying as if they were dead, yea, one of them looks just like the guy in the window over there...
    Wait, that's not a window... that's a mirror! A hallucination? Was there really LCD in my solution from last night? I checked over the ingredients... no, I'm pretty sure that's not it... Radiation? It would be near impossible that I can get a figure like I am right now through radiation, and even less likely to look exactly like someone I had saw last night... It must be a hallucination of some kind, or perhaps I'm still sleeping?
    My thoughts were interrupted as suddenly a girl rushed straight past me in the hallways. (I had now just noticed I had unconsciously packed my bags and was heading towards school all the time while I was pondering what was going on.) Hmmm... A girl in the male dorm hallways? Curiosity suddenly overtook the pondering process that I had been going through earlier, and I decided, since it was still relatively early, to follow up and see what she was up to.
    I am the edge of my shape.
    Squared is my face and cubed is my volume.
    I have proved over a thousand theorems.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    These polygons hold many numbers,
    Yet these polygons will remained unsolved.
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!
    There are no such thing as mad scientists, only creative ones.

The real Shonta Moderator

Kit "Dune"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I slept like a rock that night, despite still being creeped out by what I saw in the forest yesterday. I awoke as a ray of sunlight shone in my eyes. They slowly opened, showing me the empty bed across from me. I must've slept late. My roommate's already gone. I reluctantly got out of my comfortable bed and dragged myself to the mirror. The first thing I noticed were my eyes. They were yellow! I blinked, hoping against hope that they would go back to normal. They didn't.

"This isn't happening..." I whimpered as I pulled out my ponytail, now complete with sand-colored highlights. My heart was pounding in my chest. Someone played a prank on me. That has to be it. What the... I turned sideways in the mirror, revealing different color tattoos. I rubbed them as hard as possible but there was no smearing. I ran to the bathroom and tried washing the color off. Nothing.

"Get the **** out of my room, whoever you are!" a guy's voice yelled from out in the hallway.

"Huh?" I peeked out of the room. Sure enough, there was a guy in the girls' dorms. I stepped out and walked down there to see what was going on.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[color=crimson]

Spharx
    Demon- Darkness

I woke up rather easily... my eyes instantly focusing, which was rather odd since usually I was very groggy. Still, without much thought I rose out of bed, yawning slightly. Touching my barefeet to the floor, I quickly looked to my roommate who was sleeping in her bed. It was fairly early but nothing too dramatic... and so I went to my mirror to get ready for the day.
    Then I stopped and froze.

There, my reflection... wasn't my own. I was staring at a rather rogue, handsome figure in the mirror.
    Who put the poster of a hot guy model over my mirror?
    I touched the reflection, naturally assuming it had to be a good-quality picture.. but it was still the mirror. In fact, the guy mirrored my exact movement... and I could only widen my now violet-hued eyes of flecked crimson. His hair was beautiful auburn... seeming to capture the lovely color of fall, and it was fluffy and rather rogue-ishly handsome as it matched his delicate, chiseled and smooth face. Despite my shocked look -which now was his- he managed to hold a rather mysterious and smirking charm.
    "OH MY GOD!" I yelled, seeing how my boobs were gone... and I suddenly could grasp the feeling of some thing between my legs as well. I instantly saw that strangely my clothes were different... but they were the same clothes, just they didn't match. The cut-off black shirt was stretched a bit, tight against a larger, stronger back and exposing a beautifully crafted pectorial muscles. My abdomin, which was nice as well... was exposed, and the jeans now were rather odd fitting for a guy with no hips.
    "F*CK! F*CKF*CKF*CKF*CK" I started yelling, and instantly my roommate made a groaning noise and slowly woke up... only to stare at me, blink for a second, and then scream.
    Her scream was followed by another scream... and it felt as if the girls' dormitory was filled with screams.

I felt rather shocked myself, and quickly I opened the door and crashed into another figure. She looked at me with shocked eyes..
    "What the hell are you doing in the girls' dormitory!?" She yelled, which I at the same time yelled..
    "Who the hell are you?!" I didn't recognize her, and I at least knew who was in the hall that I was in even if I didn't talk to them.

"I'm not supposed to be a guy!" I said with a panicked tone, looking at myself again... " I'm supposed to be a girl!"
    Another yell from a different room caused the two of us to run to the room... because I had a feeling that there was a mess that was some how related to mine. It was there... that we found the screaming girl and a guy, who looked utterly confused. They looked at us, to which I exclaimed,
    "What the hell is going on?!"

[Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Banned

Student
    ~Name: Arcadia "Cadie" DeVille
    ~Age: 15
    ~Appearence: Slightly tanned with a semi-athletic build, Cadie's light brown hair goes down to her elbows and has streaks of, well, every color in it. Her eyes are a dark shade of orange (she wears contacts for that look but she would never admit it), and there tends to be slight shadows/bags under them since half of the time she only gets three hours of sleep a night. She continually writes things on her own body, usually on her arms, and they range from words she likes to song lyrics to lines from Tarantino films and anything in between. As for her clothes, she has a tendency to wear either skirts or torn jeans depending on what she's going to do, and she's always wearing the oddest shirts she can find (ranging from bizarre tops that come off like satires of what supermodels would wear to t-shirts with 70's toys on them). She has sunglasses that are ridiculously big (If any wrestling fans are reading this somehow; think Edge and Christian circa 2000) that she wears when it's excessively sunny.
    ~Personality: Generally considered to be a massive space case, Arcadia is definitely unique to a fault. Half of the time she speaks it's laced in obscure references and as many vague phrases as she can manage. In actuality she's a very devious, cunning person who just likes to be weird to see how people react, but she doesn't let it show to anyone at the school.
    ~Relationships: She's taken a liking to Kyrie, seeing her ability to make music as a nice display of originality. As such she has made it a personal mission to get her to write a song about Frank Gorshin.
    ~Normal to Power Trigger: She changes any time she claps her hands at least twice.
    ~Power to Normal Trigger: She changes back whenever she recites any Beatles lyric.
    ~Word: Error. (She almost always prefaces it with "I am")
    ~Other: She has a collection of chains of various lengths that she more or less has for two reasons; playing jump rope and using as whips in self defense. Her full name is Arcadia Crescendo Haile DeVille, and her family is just as odd as she is. Has a tendency to make up names for herself for no good reason (frequently going by Arcade, Hailestorme, and A.C.H.D.).

Elve/Demon
    ~Name: Vale(rie, as it says as part of her student name) "Vega" (Her fake last name, and another Cadie reference to Tarantino)
    ~Race: Demon
    ~Apparent Age: 18
    ~Appearence: Shoulder-length, bright red hair, with violet eyes that have a slight glow to them (which Cadie claims are contacts, ironically enough). In terms of demonic features outside of the eyes, she has slight fangs and her fingernails and toenails grow incredibily pointy and sharp whenever she's alarmed or threatened. She's built like a model, and her normal outfit is very much like this outfit of Polaris' (of X-Men fame) except her midriff is exposed, there's no cape-thing, instead of full leggings she wears a pair of tall combat boots, and it's colored a dark shade of red with the yellow-ish parts colored purple. Her school clothes are stereotypical Hot Topic wear, thought up by Cadie as a way of throwing people off her tracks.
    ~Personality: Vale is a morally lax free spirit type, so she and Cadie get along well. She's rather sadistic in nature and she has a particular fondness for messing with people as best she can. To her nothing seems particularly out of bounds or out of good taste, and she's developing a rapid love of how screwed up Earth is, which may become a liability at some point.
    ~Power: Animals
    ~Other: What? Is there someone else? I feel so betrayed!

Arcadia Crescendo Haile DeVille

Arcadia wandered through the forest aimlessly. She wasn't even quite sure why she was there in the first place; the giant tree rumor hadn't panned out and she'd determined that an hour ago. As best she could tell she was there because it seemed like a fun thing to explore and she wasn't even near tired yet, being in staunch opposition to getting the “proper” amount of sleep every night. Thusly she decided to start looking for anything interesting she could find in hopes of being able to come up with fake, over-the-top “legends” of the area around the school to tell anyone naïve enough to believe them. After much searching she found an irregular-looking tree stump that looked kind of like John Lennon if she squinted hard enough. Of course, the bright flash from the other side of the forest promptly erased any interest she had in the stump rather easily.

Cadie bolted through the forest, fastening a pair of goggles she had brought with her for no good reason over her eyes as she did. Somewhere in her mind she rationalized this as “self-defense,” but as many of her thoughts so often do it was soon forgotten as she made daring leaps over various branches and twigs until she made it to the clearing and was immediately stopped dead in her tracks.

To say there was a little blood and gore in the clearing was an understatement; it looked like a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre minus the actual guy with a chainsaw and the lighting for the scene was apparently very sub-standard as everything seemed darker than it should be. Arcadia stood transfixed, almost trance-like, at the scene. After what seemed like minutes but was actually a matter of seconds, she snapped out of it and tried to rub her eyes before realizing that she was wearing goggles. There were others there; Rock Star of the Distant Future Kyrie McKraye, iPod Fanatic Naomi Wildfire (Cadie was a discman loyalist to the end, so she didn't care much for this), and Maura something-or-other, a girl Cadie didn't know too much about. She tried to string together some sort of reference to a Wes Craven film she had seen years ago for the sake of making a bizarre reference, but she found she couldn't really put a sentence together for the life of her. Weirded out and defeated, Arcadia Crescendo Haile DeVille slipped away from the group and walked, defeatedly, to her bedroom to get the first full night of sleep she would get in weeks, unable to shake the feeling that she had stumbled into the middle of something very bizarre, even by her standards.

(OOC: Yyyyyyeah. My first post was longer and better but then my computer went boom and my network card STILL doesn't work right, plus I've been involved in a rather intense RP competition on another board which has tied up my free time. But I'm here and though I'm at a gaming con most of this weekend I am deadset on catching up entirely when I get back if I don't manage it before the weekend's over. Sorry.)

Advanced Trainer

*~+\-< Evalynne Brown >-/+~*

The impact of the pillow caused me to lose my balance, which in turn made me pitch over sideways into Maura's closet. This would have probably hurt, had I not landed rear-first in a laundry bucket full of dirty clothes. I sat there for a moment, bent awkwardly with the pillow filling my vision, trying to figure out what had just happened. Finally, I pulled the pillow away from my face, and was confronted with a view of Maura's room that was rather novel for me. On her bed she was under the covers, shaking a bit, but what really got me was what I saw when I looked in the doorway.

There was a cluster of several people, all staring into the room, some at me and some at Maura's shuddering form. I started to blush, thankful that I was buried in a good deal of laundry, when a guy stepped out of the group and into the room. He was tall, with gray hair, and was wearing clothes that patently did not fit him. They looked a bit like girls' clothes... Before I could do anything, he looked at Maura and I as if he had never seen a pair of screaming teenagers before, and asked (rather hysterically) "What the hell is going on?!"

I looked over at Maura, and was more than a little surprised to see a guy's face poking out from under the blankets. His eyes were different shades of gray, radiating from the center, which seemed to me a bit odd. It took me a second to realize that Maura wasn't sleeping with this guy; THIS WAS MAURA.

The people in the hallway clustered into the room, much to my chagrin (and, judging by the expression on her - or is it his? - face, Maura's as well). Once the door was closed behind the last of them, everyone started talking all at once. I tried to vanish into the laundry bucket, willing myself to go deeper and/or avoid notice.

Do whatever you all want to. Go hysterical, scream, try to figure out what exactly has happened, tease each other... Whatever. It's your RPG o.o

EDIT: ><; Just remembered Evalynne's selective colorblindness, edited to fit...

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

~~ ~~ Fai Lumin ~~ ~~

I woke up feeling slightly uncomfortable. Seeing that it was about five in the morning, I first assumed it was because of my early awakening. As I readjusted myself to try and get back to sleep, I found this wasn't the case.

The case was I was larger, and in more ways than just being taller (which made my nightshirt barely fit me). At first, as I looked down at what used to be small enough to hide in a pair of panties, I almost panicked. However, it quickly turned to a mental sigh of unhappiness as I realized that one of my silver linings had just faded. Apparently my male puberty hit later than it was supposed to, and now I was beginning to look as I was "supposed to," according to other people. But that's when I noticed the other thing wrong: my hair was short!

As I ran my hand through it, trying not to scream so I wouldn't wake Nixie, I found that the surprises weren't over for me. As I ran over my ears, with a jolt I realized they were pointed! I gave a soft, barely audible gasp, trying again to not wake Nixie. However, it seemed Nixie had already been awake, for she immediately called out, "Kate?" Quickly I ducked under my covers again, though I didn't know why.

I heard her bed creak, and she said, "Kate, I...I can see now!" I heard her footsteps stop at my bed; I was too panicked now to care about her sight. "Kate...I want to see you," Nixie said, and before I could stop myself, I spoke out.

"No you don't," I said, then immediately shut my mouth tight. My voice had also gotten slightly deeper. There was no way puberty happened this fast, not even at the normal time. Something changed me, and I was beginning to figure out what.

In the meantime, however, I heard Nixie back up in shock. "Y-you're not Kate, what have you done with Kate?!" she said, her voice panicked.

"Nixie...it is me, Kate," I said. "Something changed me," I said, sitting up (while keeping my blanked covering what my clothes didn't anymore. I looked at Nixie, sitting on her bed with her eyes wide with shock, and got another startling realization. "And...something changed you too, Nixie..."

That's when it clicked: the small open field in the forest! "Nixie...if you really can see, come look in the mirror," I said, and stood up, wrapping my blanket around me. I looked in the mirror and just as I had suspected, the same face I had seen last night was staring back at me. Somehow I had become that person...but how?
    ~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~

To be continued in Asi's post.
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

~~~~Nixie Tempest/Maylin Clearscale~~~~
    Dive into the mirrors pool and see the truths that lie there.

Looking into the mirror, I saw my face peering back at me, as was Kates. I looked at my light hair and my bright eyes, and realised that I recognised myself. I was the girl in the forest that was dying....but how did I see that vision? Was that what was going to happen to me in the future? These thoughts tumbled around in my head but they were overshadowed by my joy of being able to see in the first place. Bouncing up and down with joy I started chattering away to Kate, forgetting about the fact that she had a deeper voice than before. Maybe it was because she was still groggy from waking up ^-^()

“Kate! Oh Im so happy ^v^ So is this purple like you said?” I said, holding up my hair for her to see. “Its a really pretty color! But really all colors are pretty dont you think so Kate? Is this what blue looks like? You said my eyes are blue! Kate? Are you ok? You look like your turning a little blue too.....”

Kate shook her head, looking troubled. “Whats wrong Kate? Are you worried that I wont think your cute? Im sure I will! Come on let me see, I want to see my Kate!!!!” Tugging on the blanket as I talked I tried to pull it away. I was literally DYING to know what she looked like! I HAD to! I was blind for so long (forever....) that I missed out on so much! I wanted to see colors and shapes, shades and sunsets! I WANTED TO SEE KATE!!!

Yank went the blanket. And there she was.....uh.....she was.........a.......guy.....or.....yeah. “Kate?” I asked, confused. “What happened to you? Your.....did you....uh......” As fast as my happiness came over me it was replaced with confusion. Kate looked different than I thought she would. I figured she was flatchested but not like that....... My gaze traveled down her body, curious about everything that Kate looked like, and it was then that I...saw something. Something that even though I had been blind I was sure I didnt have. “Uhhh Uhhhh UHHHHH KAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!” I screamed. “You have a....aaaaa.....uhhhhh thing uhh its coming out of ....uhhhh AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!” I screamed again and down the hall I heard another scream. I wondered vaguely if they were screaming about the same thing.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOLOLZ *tags Mike or anyone else* XD

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Banned

“Valerie Vega” (Not that she's thought up the name yet.)

[size=8pt]She woke up dazedly, rubbing her head and muttering under her breath about a headache as she rolled out of her bed, hitting the floor rather hard. The impact served to wake her up, but for the girl who was fairly certain she was Arcadia Crescendo Haile DeVille, it was a fairly bizarre awakening to say the least. She felt a little uncomfortable in what were supposed to be baggy pajamas and the moment she felt the back of her neck she found that her long mass of brown hair had seemingly been cut short.

“... spent four years not getting a haircut for this...?” she muttered. That's when she noticed the next thing that'd changed; a couple of her teeth felt really different. After some investigations using her tongue, she determined that a couple of her front teeth had gotten really sharp. For the briefest of seconds she found herself in facepalm, wondering if some vampire had snuck in and bit her whilst she was sleeping, and furthermore if that gave her the right to not go to class and just sit around and write bad poetry instead.

After a minute of just sitting on the floor trying to make sense of the fact that she'd lost much of her hair yet gained fangs, a few inches in height, and a seemingly fuller figure than she had before, she stood up, took a deep breath, and checked her mirror.

Her first thought, after taking a moment to process everything, was actually “Wow, I'm pretty cute.” Instead of finding a sleep-deprived, spacey-eyed quasi-slacker in the mirror, she was staring at a young woman who, with her fangs, looked like she could model for some sort of vampire obsessive's magazine. Where once were wide orange eyes, now there were narrower eyes that were colored violet and seemed to shimmer a bit. Her flowing, chaotic brown hair had been replaced by shorter, bouncier hair that had become a bright shade of red (which, combined with the fangs, made her wonder if her new purpose in life had to do with killing Nazis whilst wearing skimpy outfits). And her figure... well, it was impressive to say the least. As far as Arcadia was concerned, someone somewhere had blessed her, presumably for her brilliance and originality. She was certainly completely weirded out by the experience, but she determined that she was weirded out in a good way.

That's when she heard the yelling. Clearly the weirdness didn't just happen to her, and others had been either blessed with great looks or maybe cursed with hideousness (she could think of a couple of girls who could do with the latter, at least). Had she not just woken up, she might have been able to use something resembling deductive logic to figure out that it likely had something to do with the incident in the forest the previous night, but as it stood she just took it as some strange coincidence.

For Arcadia there were a lot of questions that needed to be answered. How did this happen? Is it permanent? What's the deal with the screaming? Could she ever eat junk food again or was she doomed to celery and protein shakes in the name of prolonging this new look? With all of these questions buzzing through her mind, she knew the exact way to make it stop; she could simply go back to bed and wake up in a couple of hours. If she happened to still be stunningly beautiful when she got up she'd deal with how to address the various problems that would pop up (she certainly couldn't just say “I'm Cadie DeVille, it's just that I'm suddenly all hot and red-haired.”).

As she collapsed back in her bed, unbuttoning her pajama top a little to accommodate her new body, she grinned dazedly; for a little while at the very least, life was pretty good.

(OOC: And the slow crawl for me continues. Ah, well, constant vigilance.)