Thread: To a Diary Entry's End [DiaRH Talk Page]

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default To a Diary Entry's End [DiaRH Talk Page]

[color=gray]Yes, I realize I shamelessly stole an idea from someone (Asilynne), but I realize that Down in a Rabbit Hole will get... confusing, to say the least. So this page will really be a talk page for all my players, and I hope to keep all of you (and consequently me) up to date with the goings on behind the scenes. So if you have any questions or coments, or are just a plain ol' drifter from another RPG, come on and ask questions and discuss. Besides, it's only just a game.

On another note,

Wooh! Just bought Bright Eyes' new album, Noise Floor, and have Trees Get Wheeled Away on a continous loop. In one word: awesome. It's great inspiration and musing music for all the writers out there.

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

...Σ(·ω·ノ)ノ!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: To a Diary Entry's End [DiaRH Talk Page]

lol I would say "wtf", but I think that would be too nondescriptive as a question.

As of right now, I am wondering about the interaction of the RPG. Currently you just have us briefly gathered to talk to some old guy for a sec, and then we all seem to wake up at a random place, which you state is different for each character.

It would also be helpful if you give us more direction so we don't blindly dive into an RPG which we have no clue where its going. :p
    I am the edge of my shape.
    Squared is my face and cubed is my volume.
    I have proved over a thousand theorems.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    These polygons hold many numbers,
    Yet these polygons will remained unsolved.
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!
    There are no such thing as mad scientists, only creative ones.

Cool Trainer

[color=gray]K, ummm.... the "old guy" (more around twenty-something) meets us in our dreams, all together. We then wake up in a random place (again, it doesn't really matter where) where we will congregate, basically have a wtf break down, or something along the lines. Introductions, people slowly realizing that this isn't a dream. We'll follow a rabbit, or maybe we'll just start walking there, but somehow we end up at a railway tracks, which is basically signifying the crossroads. Now I don't want to give the entire story away, so I'm gonna end there, but yes, wtf would be very, very descriptive.

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey Fire I will post in it tomorrow, I have several different things I have to do tonight including studying for a test, cleaning, and setting up a Digimon RPG for friends ( Which really is just cut and paste ) but it will be up tomorrow. Scouts Honor!

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ideas are not stolen they are shared ^-~ So you see its not stolen if I give the idea to everyone lol
    GL with your RPG, I may join it later if LSUs are allowed but right now Im a bit overwhelmed with the RPG tourney @.@

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Advanced Trainer

*kick* so what do we do next sire?
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Beside Myself Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

...Yes, now that I have actually posted in the main topic I feel I'm allowed to join in here ><;;
    With reference to Engi's "what do we do next", do we just go plunge ahead and go hunting down people and killing them? ^^;; How do we go about finding out more about the dreamers?

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?
    fangirling is my real day job

Cool Trainer

Well, I've basically laid out what might be considered an opening to interaction, or discussion. My plan was to basically have the characters figure out what to do by themselves, maybe splitting into two or more groups depending on agreements or disagreements. Now it's time for introductions and a little bit of character interaction and development. But don't be afraid that you'll do something wrong! It's Down in a Rabbit Hole - anything is possible.

Killing the dreamers would end the world, though I'm not sure the characters know that yet. As to how to kill them... use your imagination.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I thought everyone was in different places...it seems we're all together now.
    Stop trembling
    Open your eyes
    Release your own time! Shootin’ star going towards the future!
    Draw the arch of light
    You’ll reach it, if you keep believing
    When the voice that calls for you
    Bursts open in your heart
    Everything will start, Believer!

Advanced Trainer

fireguardian I think is making this RPG too loose; we have really no idea what to do especially when you're saying "do whatever you want". Dude, give us a purpose? Or shall we just randomly summon the dreamers right in front of us and have us kill them? :p Heck we don't even know why we're grouping together (or not, for the same reason).

EDIT: From your last sentence I'm assuming summoning them and killing them is a possibility, but if that ends the world, wouldn't it also end the RPG?

....OR MAYBE NOT YEA LETS TRY THAT
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!

Cool Trainer

.... You spelled "yeah" wrong O_o...

Okay, thanks to some help from Matikul, I think I have an idea where this is going, but it's gonna need a little help from the rest of you.

Basically, the group is going to split into two parties (I'd say go about this however you want, but I have a feeling I'd just get shot, so have a spokesperson from each party present their views, and I'll help you along from there), one to go and help kill Linus and Maya, and the other to try to get back home, however futile either one would be. The traintracks are the parting of ways, one group walking one way and another walking the other way. There are gonna be some NPC's walking around (oh yes, concerning LSU's: after these next few posts, only people already in "reality" will be able to be LSU's), though we won't see them for a while, though I expect we'll meet a nightmare (or, horrible moster thing) soon, just as a test from Nick.

To kill Linus and Maya, first you must find them, though they are in seperate parts of reality, and control seperate halves. Whatever they will, happens. I won't reveal exactly how to kill them, but we don't have their power, so we can't (summon >.< them. Good luck for later, anyway.

Sprinkle symbolism and allegory where needed.

Almost forgot - the world. To answer Shadow Djinn's question, we were always in the same place - it was just colored differently by each of our personalities. As to the world, this is the one thing I won't set in stone, make it in your own images, however you like: cities, forests.... um... apocalyptic waistlands with scattered burning cars... monasteries?

Specific enough for you?

Ho hum.

Edit - Damn, all that typing just for a game O_O; sorry for not making it clearer before, though I'm not sure how well I've done, now. Thanks again to Matikul.