Beware the blasphemy. Mm... yeah I hope no one will be offended. It's all in the name of art.

Brimstone Diamonds

Warmth licking, stroking, embracing,
searing a tattoo across the skin
like a whisper. Savour the intimacy
stolen from the chilled skies.
Light flickering, crackling, illuminating
the depths of sin, reflecting, diffracting
casting overlapping shadows –
Shades of grey in a world of
vermillion and crimson
flaming roses.
Succumb to the devil’s beauty.

In hell our voices are as one
shrieking in praise, not for escape
no eternal yearning for something beyond.
Forever is this instant of ravishing pain
as we burst into a lacrymosa
each phrase counterpoint to the symphonic
freedom. In hell
We use the Almighty’s name in vain.

Injustice has no place in hell
The killer and the thief share a bonfire
hunger extinguished by the flames
disease overcome by our darkness.
No inhibitions
as we sway, fearless feet on glowing coals.
No thoughtcrime no blasphemy no original sin
for the Lord’s judgment has forsaken us.
No harsh cry of the last trumpet heard.

We revel in immortality
cast aflame, never to perish.
Hell sees our souls recast by death
purified from molten flesh.
We are brimstone diamonds
The magnificence of the inferno
a backdrop for our shameless acts
shedding light on evil truth
its luminescence clinging like a
halo.

So... an artist's impression of hell, of sorts. Anyway, time for my usual author's blabbering. This one came about because I was thinking about how the Catholic Church abolished limbo. The original ideas might go in another poem someday, but anyway thinking about that led on to hell, and how some qualities of it might even be attractive to those in a living hell on earth... which is what is here in great exaggeration. Just a random note, I don't believe everything I write (not in creative writing anyway). this is the favourite of my poems so far, although I think it's quite self-indulgent and in parts it sounds like I copied words out of a thesaurus. I was trying to capture such a magnificent thing, and yet I had to be so vague because, well, obviously I don't know the specifics of hell, and I also tried to make it resonate with what most people would think hell is like (physically; spiritually it's all subverted, of course.) Inspirations: Plantae's short story 'An end to reason' (I was going to make this a trilogy of heaven, limbo and hell, but you've pretty much said everything I want to say about heaven), Mozart's Requiem (Lacrymosa) (or rather, Evanescence's usage of it), Faure's Requiem.