Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Dreams Are Made Of

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default What Dreams Are Made Of

Okay, I've finally mustered the courage to post an "in-progress" fanfic! In short, I'm working on this fanfic, I haven't completed it. I'll be writing it as I post. This thing could go in many different directions! Keep your minds open, cause here comes my newest fic:

What Dreams Are Made Of

The rating for this fic is somewhere around PG13 - M for various reasons. There will be a warning before each chapter that comes remotely close to being explicit, with the reason(s) clearly stated.

On a lighter note, I'd like to start this with a song that (sort of) sets the stage for the fic... but it's not a trainer fic, mind you! Lets see if I can describe it...

What Dreams Are Made Of is a trainer/ shipping/ good vs. evil/ adventure/ comedy/ drama/ suspense/ horror/ romance/ etc. fic! Basically, its got something for everyone! Okay, without further ado, it's time for the opening song!

I’m gonna be a Pokémon Master
    Catch all the world’s Pokémon faster
    I’m gonna be the greatest trainer
    It’s a no-brainer
    Pokémon Master!

If you wanna compete with me
    You’ve gotta be the best.
    Stand up to all challenges
    Be better than all the rest.
    Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn
    We’re going for the win
    Once we win every one of those,
    Well, we’ll just see then!

It’s a no-brainer
    Pokémon Master!

Make friends with my Pokémon
    Go to the top, above and beyond
    A legend’s what I’m gonna be
    I’ll be there someday… just wait and see!

It’s a no-brainer
    Pokémon Master!

The bond we have will never be broken
    We’ll rise together, believe me we’re not jokin’!
    We fight as one, and that is why we’ll win it all.
    We stick together and we can always stand tall!

It’s a no-brainer
    Pokémon Master!

Written by mr_pikachu of The Pokemasters

Well, I'll be posting Chapter 1 sometime in the very near future! Feel free to post comments, ideas or suggestions in this topic! I hope you enjoy!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

An opening song? Now I've seen everything ! Well, I have confidence that the first chapter will be a good starter .
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay, as I promised, here's Chapter 1! I hope it lives up to your high expectations, ZeldaFan20! Oh, and this chapter has brief drug use and sexuality. Just to keep with what I promised along those lines, I will mention any "rating raisers" before each respective chapter. Here it is, comin' at ya!

Long ago, three legendary Pokémon made their home in Ecruteak. The story that has been handed down for hundreds of generations was that the Pokémon were killed in a terrible storm, and only later resurrected by Ho-oh. The descendants, blinded by the tale of the legendary Pokémon, failed to see the truth in what happened so many years ago. Thus begins our tale…

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 1

“You’re kidding me! Professor, just how many Leagues are there?” An excited Ash Ketchum had just heard of another Pokémon League, and naturally he was anxious to check it out.

The great Professor Oak just laughed. “Well, Ash, last time I checked, there were 8, and there haven’t been any new additions since then, so you’re half of the way to winning all the Leagues!” It was true. Ash had gone back, re-won all the Gym badges, and triumphed in both the Kanto League and the Hoenn League. He had gone from a virtual unknown to a trainer known far and wide. No one since Lance had done as well as Ash, and he had the drive to be the greatest of all time.

Of course, Ash wasn’t the only one rising to the top. Gary Oak had taken the last two years to capture the Johto and Kanto Pokémon Leagues. When Ash was finishing his Johto quest, Gary had already won the necessary badges, and was able to win the Orange League in the three free months he had earned. (Of course, he bragged about being able to win a League “in his spare time”.) Gary had also beaten Ash during his first venture in Hoenn, which meant that they had both won four Leagues!

Team Rocket was out of commission, at least for the time being. Jessie and James had split for parts unknown, and Team Rocket had been separated and captured one by one. Amazingly, only one Rocket had escaped the law. Yes, it was none other than the elusive Giovanni. The police seemed to be constantly getting false leads, and it seemed as if he would never be caught. Very few people had even seen his face since he won the Kanto League 25 years ago. After that he had mysteriously vanished, and returned as the head of Team Rocket. Evidently he’d defeated the heads of the criminal organization, and they had since disappeared. Not even a Rocket had seen them since. Giovanni quickly asserted his authority as the leader, and the vile criminals became more hardened than ever in their search for global domination. But enough about evil stuff for now. Let’s get back to the real story.

“What? We’re headed to Africa?” Misty was stupefied. Why in the world would Ash want to go to Africa? There was nothing down there except… oh.

“The Safari League awaits, Misty! Brock, are you ready?… Brock? Hey, what the… BROCK, WHERE ARE YOU?!” Brock was sighted next to the door of an elegant ballroom, sweet-talking a lady in a stylish evening gown.

“Your search for a butler has ended! It would be my humble pleasure to be your servant for the next, say, 80 years! Your wish would be my command! I would even – urgg…” Ash walked up behind the enraged Misty, who had just delivered a silencing blow to Brock.

“Whoa, Misty, that was an awesome kick! Are you a black belt or something and you never told us?”

“No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!”

Ash’s face twisted into a look of utter confusion and mystery.

“Uh… never mind, Ash.”

“Well, I’ve got to go buy some Ultra Balls! See you later!”

Perhaps I should comment on our three friends, who had matured (somewhat) over the last several years. Five years had passed since the shocking first day of Ash’s Pokémon journey. Ash and Misty were now 15, and Brock was… well, he never really liked to tell anyone his age. I’d guess he was around 20, maybe older. I should hope that he was older, because the two teens were constantly dragging him away from romancing ladies in bars. God knows what would’ve happened if they hadn’t stopped him before he went too far. Anyway, Brock was a little taller, still had that dark tan, and his spiky black hair sometimes looked like it was filled with static. His attire was still what he wore in Hoenn, as he thought the Pokémon respected a “cooler looking trainer” more than they did one who was a vision of dullness. The breeder’s eyes opened occasionally, and he had recently revealed to Ash and Misty his aversion to light. Apparently his eyes were extremely sensitive, and he only opened them in almost complete darkness. If you ever did see them, though, you’d see that they were a deep green hue, with a lighter green around the edges. His pupils had grown large due to years of darkness, which only added to their sensitivity. He’d learned to navigate the world with such a tight squint that you would think he had his eyes completely closed, but he was very observant and noticed everything around him (except for Ash and Misty pulling him away from the 1000+ loves of his life). Other than that, you probably know everything about Brock.

Ash was quite a bit taller, and far more muscular than the bare bones he had back in the Kanto League. He worked out alongside his Pokémon, and had even helped them train in ways above and beyond what he used to, much the same way as he helped Cyndaquil to beat Skarmory. Simply put, he would actually fight against his Pokémon, testing their limits for as long as he could take it. They had become a lot stronger with his courageous challenges, and he had become a wiser trainer because of it. His voice had deepened just a little over the last few years, but it still had a lot of maturing to do. Ash had bought a white shirt and shorts for the trip, although right now he was wearing a red shirt with faded blue jeans. But the boy had done much more than that to prepare. He’d actually started a hat collection (he claimed it was necessary for the sunny areas of Africa) and tried to sleep in 35 C° heat to prepare for the rugged wilderness. After three nights with no sleep and several mallet hits from Misty, he lowered it down to 24°.

Speaking of Misty, she had a striking new appearance. She was no longer the tomboyish girl that picked fights with Ash whenever she got the chance. She was growing into a slender young woman. Her super-short shorts had been replaced by a light-blue skirt, and her black shirt caught the eyes of every guy that saw her. Okay, so it wasn’t exactly the shirt itself. The shirt showed a nice amount of stomach, which had stayed very thin, but not to the point of anorexia like Jessie endured. Thankfully her parents and sisters had never seen the amount of cleavage the shirt allowed on her, or they would have locked her in a sealed room until she agreed to change. And what fun would it be describing that? Her hair had been let down, and the lengthy strands of fiery redness accented her outfit perfectly. Her attitude had softened a little, too. She still had her moments, but you had to push her a lot harder to get her to bring out the mallet. She’d also gotten some more Pokémon in Hoenn that strengthened he team considerably. Now that I mention Hoenn, look who it is…

“Well, guys, are you ready to go?” Misty’s teeth gritted at the sight of her. Yes, it was the girl Misty loathed the most: May. Okay, so she didn’t hate May herself. She only hated the way Ash acted when that little 13-year-old punk was around. Like all he cared about was her. Hell, just because a girl has breasts when she’s 10 doesn’t mean she’s the greatest thing the world’s ever seen or anything. She silently cursed the “little girl” as she mustered up a smile. Her mind clouded over to visions of the past. Her sisters tormenting her as being just a “little girl” who would “never make anything of herself.” Oh, she’d show them. She’d show everyone! Her sisters, May, Brock, and even Ash would see. Soon they’d see just how amazing she could be.

“Misty, are you ready? Misty? MISTY?” May’s ear-splitting yell snapped her out of her trance. She quickly recovered her senses. She’d learned to over the course of being caught in dazes like this before. Only the dazes usually weren’t over people she was mad at. But we’ll come to that in due time.

“Yeah, I’m ready. Sorry. Just going over what I’ve gotta bring for the trip.”

Ash gave her a funny look, one that meant she should’ve come up with a better excuse. Damn. She’d said this morning that she had everything she needed. Her quick thinking had failed her when she needed it most. Ash’s mouth opened quizzically as he tilted his head to one side. She had to come up with something fast.

“Brock, did you get enough Pokéchow for the trip? We probably won’t be able to get any more once we arrive in Africa.” She was saved. But how? She was certain that Ash was about to expose her little lie for the entire group to see. Misty shook it off and directed her attention to the new matter at hand.

“Ash, take a look at your backpack.”

“Yeah, I know, I got a new backpack. We’ve seen it already. But I asked you-”

“Just pick it up.”

“What?”

“Pick the backpack up, Ash.”

Ash walked over to the sleek new black backpack Brock had gotten him for his birthday last month. He gave Brock a single sharp glance, then picked up the pack. Okay, so he didn’t actually pick it up. But he did throw out his back trying to.

“Damn it, Brock, what the hell? What do you have in your bag, a can of beans and a pet rock? What did you put in this thing, anyway?” His hand felt around for the zipper, as he was still glaring at Brock.

“Uh, Ash, don’t do-”

He was too late. Several pounds of Pokémon food exploded from the pack the instant the zipper started to move, and more was flying out by the second. In the time span of a minute the Pokémon Center changed from pristine, sparkling beauty to looking like a herd of Piloswine had stampeded through.

“-that.”

Nurse Joy sighed. This was going to be one of those days.

“Paging Jeff. Jeff, please come down to the hallway. Paging Jeff.” Presently a man in a worn out brown jacket came out of the bathroom. The smell of his cigarette filled the air. It was worse than a skunk on a highway. Or even a Weezing’s Smog attack. His eyes were glazed over, and he stumbled into the hall.

“Whut kin I do fer you, Nursey baby?” His speech was slurred, and from the way Nurse Joy backed away from him, you could tell he was not one of her favorite people.

“Jeff, do you see the brown stuff that’s caked on the walls and windows?”

“Mmm… cake. Sounds good. I rember my last birthdah party. A nice young lady jumped out of dah cake. A looker too. Come tah think of it, she wasn’t wearing any-”

“JEFF! THE WALLS! CAN YOU OR CAN YOU NOT SEE THE BROWN?”

“Hm? Oh? Yah. Hadn’t seen that before. Ah’ll get right to it, my sweet hunk o’-”

“Just clean it off!” Goddamn that insolent pig! Would he never get over that one night stand? It was ten years ago, for crying out loud!

Ash chuckled to himself. He hadn’t even noticed the events that had transpired. “There’s probably a ‘Janitor Jeff’ in every Pokémon Center on the map.”

Jeff stopped. Apparently he’d heard Ash, because he said, “Akchully, ah’ve got a cuzin in Sydney, Aurstralia who we call Jeff’ry.”

Ash, Misty, Brock and May all glanced at each other nervously. Once Jeff left the room Ash stuttered, “I… wasn’t… really… serious…” This caused Misty and Brock to laugh hysterically. May just stood there, wondering what was going on. “Oh, sorry May. You haven’t been to very many cities. I’ll explain it later.” The two of them dragged the hysterical Misty and Brock out the door, and headed for the docks.

-------------------------------------------------------

I certainly hope this chapter was satisfactory! If you chose not to read the chapter because of the illicit material, Ash basically found out about a new League in Africa: The Safari League. Ash, Misty, Brock, and May are headed to the docks to leave on their trip. And I reiterate, this is not purely a trainer fic!!! There are many more elements that will fall into play! So don't dismiss it as just another trainer tale! Comments are appreciated! Thanks!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Definitely a good starter. I can see no disappointment at all. So Misty's jealous of May, huh? Well I hope those two don't get into any fights to early . Can't wait for the next one.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: What Dreams Are Made Of

I am so, so, so sorry I did not reply sooner. Please allow me a chance to explain. My grandfather passed away this week, so with the funeral service, speaking with relatives, etc, I did not get a chance to come online for the past week. I hope you will understand, and I hope this does not detract from the reading experience for any of you.

ZeldaFan20: I'm glad you liked the first chapter! Trust me, things are going to get much more interesting in the coming chapters! Hang on tight, cause this ride's gonna be a thriller! (I hope!)

Anyway, I just finished Chapter 2! Instead going into a long, boring rant, I'll just let you read away!

btw, this chapter has mild language and some crude humor.

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 2

Everyone except Ash gazed at the pristine waters south of Pallet Town. The water was so clear you could almost see straight through it. Misty was in awe of the masses of water Pokémon swimming beneath the gentle waves. Corsola were in abundance, and the water was filled with Poliwhirl and Magikarp. A Croconaw with two baby Totodiles was entertaining her children at the shore. In the distance a school of giant Gyarados was diving in and out of the water. You could even pay a $10 fee to pet a Mantine! Trainers were also letting out some of their Pokémon to bask in the beauty. A particularly friendly Blastoise kept hugging and nuzzling its trainer (which of Ash's Pokémon does that remind you of?) and a group of Horsea was playing with a trainer’s Kingdra. Come to think of it…

“Hey, Misty, haven’t we seen that trainer before?” Ash knew he’d seen that guy around. But he had to make sure.

“Hm? Which one? The one with the Poliwrath, or the Starmie, or the Lanturn, or do you mean-“

“That guy, over there, with the Kingdra. Didn’t I battle him in the Whirl Cup?”

“What are you… hey, wait a minute! That’s Christopher!”

“I knew it! I’ve gotta say hi to him!”

As Ash ran off to talk to Christopher, May leaned closer to Brock. He would know what Ash meant.

“Hey Brock, what’s the Whirl Cup?”

“Oh, you weren’t with us then, were you? Well, the Whirl Cup is this big all-water Pokémon competition held in the Whirl Islands. Ash and Misty competed in it the year before we met you. Ash beat Christopher’s Kingdra in the opening round.”

“Wow, he beat a Kingdra? I haven’t heard much about them, but from what I have heard, they’re really tough to defeat.”

“Yeah. I wouldn’t want to be Ash right now. Christopher was kinda steamed about the loss.”

Meanwhile, Ash had run all the way to Christopher, who was sitting on the dock. He appeared to be fishing.

“Hey, Christo-”

“Shh… quiet. They’re just starting to bite.” Christopher’s gaze never left the water as he whispered to Ash.

“But why would you want a Magikarp? They’re one of the very weakest Pokémon!”

“Why do I have to deal with idiots like you? It’s not the Magikarp itself. Don’t you know they evolve into Gyarados, one of the world’s strongest Pokémon?” Christopher was getting upset at Ash’s naivety. He whirled around to face Ash. “These are very high level Magikarp, so--- erp!” Rod, ball, pack, and everything else went flying into the water. Christopher’s face was bright red, and Ash backed up a few steps.

“Uhh… hey, uh, Christopher, I didn’t mean to-”

“YOU! Ash Ketchum, you beat me last time by sheer luck. It won’t happen again! GO! Slowking!” Christopher launched a Lure Ball into the air, and with a burst of red energy, a Slowbro materialized. Or at least that’s what Ash thought at first. Then he noticed that the Shellder was clamped at the head of the Pokémon, and not the tail. He whipped out his new, recently upgraded Pokédex, and listened to what Dexter had to say.

“Slowking: The Royal Pokémon. This Pokémon is combined of a Slowpoke and a Shellder. However, this Shellder bit on the head, and not the tail. It has very powerful Water and Psychic attacks.”

“A Slowking, huh? Well, then, I’ll just use-”

“STOP!” Ash and Christopher both spun to see a fuming Officer Jenny. “This is a protected area, Pallet’s only National Park! There are no Pokémon battles allowed here!” Her eyes opened wide as she saw some Magikarp gnawing on a fishing rod. “And just which one of you was fishing here?”

“Uh, I-I was, but-”

“Christopher, you, of all people, should know that fishing is even more illegal than battling here!”

“What? But I-”

“You can explain yourself down at the station, young man!”

As Officer Jenny dragged Christopher away he gave a sharp look at Ash. “Next time, *******. Next time…”

The rest of the party was just reaching Ash. “What the hell happened? I thought Christopher was a pretty nice guy!” Misty was in a state of shock. “How could a Water Pokémon trainer like Christopher be so mean?”

“What, you mean you didn’t hear?” Brock was in disbelief. She’d competed in the tournament, how could she not have heard?

“What do you mean?”

“After the first round of the Whirl Cup you guys were in, someone trashed the arena. That’s why they had the delay before the second round; they were cleaning the mess up! A few witnesses said they thought they saw a Kingdra, but it couldn’t be positively confirmed, and Christopher wasn’t charged with it. And now that I see this…” the breeder trailed off, not really wanting to say any more.

“Wow. I didn’t know he had a temper like that. That’s even worse than Ash’s!” Misty snickered at the last comment. May just stood dumbfounded at Misty’s remark.

“And the pot calls the kettle black,” Ash replied.

“Just what’s that supposed to mean?”

“I think you know very well what that means!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Uh… Brock… what’s there to argue about?” May asked Brock.

“Ah, don’t worry about it. They do this all the time.” The two of them slunk away from the quarreling pair.

Ash went into an imitation of a very prissy woman with a high-pitched voice (even higher than his usual one, if you can imagine that). “My bike! I want a new bike! Give me a new bike, Ash Ketchum! My bike!” Misty was turning red. Ash thought about stopping, but the momentum carried him into a very rash and very stupid move. He grabbed Misty’s pack and began swinging it around wildly. “Aah! Bugs! Get away! Get away!”

He’d gone too far. Misty’d had it. When Ash had his back turned during one of the swings, she dove at him and smashed him into the ground with a tackle. That wasn’t very bright, either. Her own pack came around and hit her squarely in the head, knocking her out momentarily. Her jaw crashed into the back of Ash’s skull, leaving him moaning in pain. He was so distracted by the immense throbbing coming from his head that he couldn’t muster the strength to push Misty off of his back. They lay there for a few seconds, until a flash from a tree revived Misty. Wait a minute… a flash from a tree?

“Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh, that’ll make the best shot! Wah ha ha ha ha!” A camera-holding boy stumbled out from behind the nearby tree, having trouble maintaining his balance with his uncontrollable laughter.

“TODD!!!”

“Hey guys, it’s nice to see you… too?” He opened his eyes to see two very angry figures streaking towards him. Before he could move, he was on his back, fighting for his life and his camera.

“Hey, what the hell are you doing? This camera’s really expensive! Cost me 300 bucks!”

Misty and Ash stopped trying to pry the camera out of his hands. “T-t-three hundred bucks? You’re kidding, right?”

“Nope! I want everything to be perfect for my safari shoot!”

Ash’s jaw dropped like a rock. “No way! You’re going to Africa too?”

“You bet! I’ve been saving money for it for years!” He looked up proudly. “Africa has some of the most amazing Pokémon in the world! And I’m going to photograph every last one of them!”

“New Pokémon… this sounds even better than I thought! Africa, here I come!”

“Attention. Attention. Final boarding call for the S. S. Azul ride to Nairobi, Kenya. All passengers please board immediately.”

“Aah! That’s us! We’d better run!”

------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Replies are always welcomed! And unless another drastic event occurs, the updates should be much quicker for the rest of the fic, and I'll be sure to reply to any comments you post! Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by mr_pikachu; 2nd December 2006 at 01:00 AM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Firstly, please except my condolences. I know what it's like to lose a grandparent (I've lost 2 grandfathers and one grandmother in the past).

On the upside, this is a very good chapter----especially the appearence of Todd. Btw, did you happen to borrow some of that idea from my Fanfic?----I'm not making accusations, just to set the record straight; I'm only asking a simple question (if you did, don't worry: I'm not gonna press charges or anything) *giggles*.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Zelda Fan20: First of all, thank you. It's been a hard time for my family, but we'll get through it. Thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated.

Now to the fic. To be perfectly honest, I had the idea well before I even started writing this fic or reading that section of yours, but seeing that did kind of give me the push to put him in. We'll be seeing a lot more of him for a while, so I hope you enjoy!

Oh, shoot! I forgot to put the rating advisory in! Gotta edit! Alright, see ya, and thanks again!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

HEy you write really good chapters! I like the part with all the water pokemon and two baby totodiles! Keep writing!

Banned

Well, mr_pikachu, I think that you're portraying the characters very well. Ash, as usual, doesn't seem to care about much besides pokemon and battles (but of course he really does care about other things). Misty is instantly suspicious of May's relationship with Ash (as with all other girls Ash meets that like him ). May is completely clueless, but is still a nice person. And Brock is just trying to keep everything normal.

I like the idea of using a real place for once in a pokemon story, and seeing old faces like Todd is cool. And it's not like them seeing Todd out of the blue is strange, because he's popped up before (like in the Articuno three-parter). Very nice so far. I do have a question though... what ever happened to Masato? (Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want to see him; I was just curious ).

As for if it belongs in the shipping forum, I really wouldn't know. Yours is kinda like mine; it has shipping stuff in it, but it's not really the central story in it. Maybe you should ask a mod form the shipping forum or something. The only reason I posted mine in the shipping forum was because I wanted people to think of it as more of a shippy fic rather than a regular/trainer/whatever else you'd call it fic.

Anyway, I'll be sure to read the rest of your story as you post it! And I'm very sorry for your loss. A few months back both my grandpa and grandma passed away within a week of each other (they had both been bad off for quite some time before that, so I think that once one of had gone, the other saw no reason to go on), and it was a very hard time for my family too.

Well, since I don't want to end my post on such a sorrowful note, I'll say good luck in writing your fic!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

as LT said, this is portrayed very well. the Narrator seems very close to the reader, we seem to bond as we read. It develops a sort of... hmm... a sort of link between us. It's very personal and satisfying to read your account of what happens.

However, its clear this is the anime world. I can live with that. Keep it up, this is talented work!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Whoa! I've never had this many replies at once before! Thanks a lot, guys! I enjoy hearing from you! Okay, here goes nothing...

totodilelover: I guess the name explains your "love" for that scene, doesn't it? Thanks, I worked for quite a bit of time, because I wanted to describe that scene perfectly. I appreciate the compliments, and I hope my following chapters live up to your expectations as well!

Light_Togetic: Hey, it's good to see you out of the Shipping forum! I've done everything I could to make the characters the way they're portrayed on the show, but don't think there won't be character development, too! I'll include quite a bit of that!

I didn't know if people would go for Pokemon in a real world setting, so it's nice to see that it's turning out alright! Also, Todd will be here for awhile, so if you like him, you'll definitely want to stay tuned! I've got some interesting events lined up for him that you won't want to miss! Oh, and about Masato... I can't really say anything at the moment, because I haven't made my decision on what to do about that (not to mention I DON'T KNOW HIS ENGLISH NAME!!!)... ahem. If anyone could please provide me with that info, I would appreciate it. I'll be posting a question about that in the Pokemon Anime section, so don't bother putting it here. (Unless, like me, you have a really crummy net connection and can't afford to traipse all over the different forums. btw, did I spell traipse right?)

Hmm... I'll probably post something in the Shipping forum about the possibility of this being in there; maybe a poll or something. And I could also ask the mods... if I had a way to do that...

Oh, thanks for the support. It's been pretty hard on me, so I'm having a little trouble writing. Regardless of that, though, I've had some free spots in my schedule lately, so the next chapter should be up within the next few days, maybe sooner. I'll be working hard on it, while trying to juggle some of the fics I've been reading (yours included, LT!) as well as homework and such. Ah well, it's definitely worth it!

ShinyMarill: Thank you for the added support, ShinyMarill! I've tried to make it seem almost like there is no narrator, as if you're reading the events as they happen. But I got a different effect that's every bit as good, apparently! I'm glad you're satisfied with the work I've done!

Well, yes, it's the anime world, I guess, even though I've made every attempt to bring the characters out of their paper thin anime form and into some real-life drama. But not to worry, I have many more tricks up my sleeve! You may mock me only when I'm done! (Great, now I sound like the Trick Master from Pokemon R/S... must cut back on game playing!) I think the next few chapters will bring some of the characters into different lights than they are usually portrayed in... even Todd! hehehe...

Anyway, it's great to have replies from all of you! It's much more than I got for my previous fic, which was kind of a disappointment, if you ask me. Both the fic and the nonexistent replies, I mean. It's great to have you guys on board for this one! I'll be working on the next chapter, and it may be on as early as tonight! Until then, see ya later!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay, I was able to get Chapter 3 finished tonight! It's a bit shorter than the previous two, and is more of a filler to get things going than anything else, but it has some important parts, as well as some nice comic relief! Oh, and it has mild language, and... that's it! (I think) Enjoy!

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 3

The five final passengers collapsed onto the beds in their rooms. They’d had to run for a half a mile just to get to the ship. And that was only the beginning. The gangplank was already being raised, so Brock jumped up and grabbed it. It became very difficult for him to hang on when Ash grasped onto his legs. May, in turn, took hold of his (Misty was infuriated that May got to Ash before she did). Todd latched onto May, and Misty held onto Todd’s feet (She was afraid to go any higher for fear of making Ash think she was after Todd). As the gangplank was raised, Brock’s fingers were slipping on the wet gangplank. Finally they slid right off. Just as they were plunging into the sea, a deck hand latched onto Brock’s wrist and pulled him up. The crew then helped the rest of the human chain climb aboard.

“Man, if we had such an ordeal getting on the ship, what’s the wilderness of Africa gonna do to us?” Brock asked Ash. They had gotten a two-person room together.

“I don’t even want to think about it right now. All I want to think about is this soft bed in this big room with the fancy little refrigerator over there… dang! I knew the Professor bought us our tickets, but I had no idea we got suites!”

“Yeah, I know. Isn’t it awesome?” Brock was looking over the tickets when his eyes popped open (for once). Whoa! That’s not the best part!”

“Huh? What do you mean, Brock?”

“This ship ride is… all-expense paid!”

“You’re joking!”

“No, no, really! All expense paid! Ha ha! Pina Coladas galore!” Ash gave him a funny look. “Oh, sorry. You can’t have alcohol yet. Lucky me, lucky, lucky, lucky…” Brock danced a little jig around the room as Ash had a horrified look on his face.

“Hey, I wonder how Misty and May are doing over there?”

Yes, the great Professor Oak had made one very big mistake in his plan. He had foolishly put Misty and May together in the same room. By now Misty was on the verge of wrapping her skinny little fingers around May’s throat and squeezing as tightly as she could.

“Hey, what the hell is your problem, Misty? What’s going on with you?”

“You know very well what’s going on, you snot-nosed little brat!”

May reached for a Pokéball with a nervous look on her face.

“Leave your little Poképets out of this. This is between you and me.”

May gulped. She didn’t like the direction this was going in. “Misty, just tell me what’s got you so upset!”

Misty sighed. There was no way around this. As much as she hated to, she had to tell May her problem in order to get her out of the way, as well as to have a reason for doing it by force, if it came to that.

“You know Ash?”

“Ya think?” May sneered.

Misty scowled. May was being even more sarcastic than she normally made her out to be. But whether she liked it or not, she had to tell May. As much as she would’ve rather told anyone else, she had to clear a path for herself.

“Well, the truth is, I… I…”

May had already guessed what was coming up. No way. This couldn’t be true. Misty liked Ash too? This was bad. Very bad. If Misty found out that her roommate had feelings for Ash too, they’d be at war trying to win him over. She had to try another tactic.

“I kind of… like… Ash… you know… not just ‘friend’ like… but… I mean…”

“I get the point, Misty. Calm down. You’ve got a thing for Ash. As if I hadn’t figured that out by now.” She realized she was being very hypocritical, but she had to make it sound good and believable.

“You… you’ve known? But then… so… you don’t like Ash? I mean, like-like, not-”

May gave a fake laugh. A very good fake laugh, I might add. “You actually thought I liked Ash! You’ve gotta be kidding me!” ‘Good job,’ she thought to herself. ‘She’s totally buying it.’

“I-I-I’m sorry. I’ve been selfish and immature ever since I heard about you. I thought you might be a threat that you might try to… um… steal Ash away…”

‘You don’t know how right you were,’ May thought to herself.

Meanwhile, Todd was strolling around his cabin. Well, I guess “strolling” wasn’t exactly the right word.

“One, two, three, four, five steps to the back of the cabin. No, they weren’t kidding when they said all I could afford was their smallest room. I’ve seen people’s bathrooms that are bigger than this!”

Yeah, that should give you an idea of how Todd was feeling. But if you want more, in the hallway…

“Hey, kid, wanna trade rooms?”

“Don’t make me get my Golem out, you little freak.”

Okay, that should be enough to satisfy you.

“Attention! Welcome to the S. S. Azul. If you would please proceed to the lifeboat section shown on your door, we will have a demonstration on what to do in the event of an emergency.”

Ash took a deep sigh. The first time he had been on a ship as big as this, the St. Anne was destroyed in a battle with Team Rocket. He didn’t want to relive that experience. So he and Brock headed down to Lifeboat Section 7 and listened intently to the instructions.

Meanwhile, at Lifeboat Section 9, May didn’t hear a word of what the deck hands were saying. She was too busy contemplating how she would go after Ash without Misty finding out.

‘Should I go slow and easy? Should I tell him straight out? Maybe I should do something obscene so he’ll be too embarrassed to tell anyone. Hmm…’

And, at Lifeboat Section 13…

“Damn it! The freaking lifeboat’s bigger than my room!”

Well, I hope that kicked things off well enough for you! As always, feedback is appreciated! I'll be posting again as soon as I can, and I have some interesting ideas... hehehe!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Fancy rooms, huh? Lucky stiffs! And May actually LIED to Misty's face?! I can just imagine how Misty would react if she found out (uh....is that a good thing?).

I wonder what types of Pokemon are in Africa.... Well, keep up the good work!!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

Hehee... I can see where this is going! I wonder if Ash will notice if anything is up between them....... probably not. Actually, I think that Ash might notice things, but never quite make the connection of why things are like that.

It sounds great so far! Poor Todd... sounds like a room my family would get stuck with... *chuckles* I also liked Brock with the Pina Coladas! That was funny!

Well, keep up the good work!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I put a whole reply in... got cited for too many smilies... AND IT DISAPPEARED!!!!!!

Oh, well. I'll just start over. I'm working on Chapter 4 right now, but I can't seem to say what I want to say correctly. Beyond that, I can't tell you anything more, or else I'd ruin it! Okay, to the replies! (AGAIN!!!)

ZeldaFan20: Yeah, Ash and co. really lucked out on that one, didn't they? On the Misty/May thing, I don't plan on having Misty find out, at least not in the near future. hehehe, I'm just SO clear with my answers!

Oh, and as to your last question, let's just say you'll find out soon enough! Can't say anything more, or else, again, I'd ruin the surprise! Sorry!

Light_Togetic: Really, you think you can see what's coming up? Good, then tell me. No, really, I know where the main plot will sort of turn, but I have no idea about the details! Heck, I may change my idea of the plot altogether if I feel like it! Will Ash see what's going on? Maybe, maybe not. I dunno. But hey, you're a psychic, right! You tell me!

Well, thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you're enjoying this! Yeah, I feel sorry for Todd too. Let's just say his patience will be tested on this ship ride... we'll see what happens! And Brock with the Pina Coladas, well, I just want to say that what's going to happen is-

PLEASE EXCUSE THE INTERRUPTION, BUT THE AUTHOR IS ABOUT TO BE VERY STUPID AND GIVE UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION. WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR SCHEDULED REPLY.

-and won't that be great! I hope you guys all enjoy the next chapter that's coming out! It should be out before long! Alright, see ya!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Sigh... no new replies? Well, then I'll just talk for a minute about my own topics. I couldn't come up with a way to say what I wanted to say in the next chapter (what I talked about in my last post), so I split it up, since it was already about a normal chapter length already anyway, and I had a fairly good breaking point. It ended up being sort of a filler, but it's vitally important to the next chapter, and this first dinner in the cabin is rather comical! All this chapter has to raise the rating is fairly mild language, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Well, without further ado, here's Chapter 4!

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 4

“Tonight’s show will be The Trickster in our main auditorium. You won’t want to miss this madman as he performs crazy tricks, stunts, and comic routines to amuse and amaze! The show is at 7:00, so don’t be late!”

“So, what do you think, May? Should we go see him?” Misty asked her roommate.

“You can if you want. He’s pretty good. I’ve seen him before, though, so most of it will probably be the same.”

“What? You’ve seen this guy before? Have you been on this ship already?”

“No, no. He came to a local theater one time, and I saw him. Admission was real high, though. I felt sorry for my dad. He practically emptied his wallet to get us in!”

“Wow. He must be good if they charge that much to see him!”

‘She’s like putty in my hands,” May thought silently. ‘She has no idea. That dumb girl’s totally clueless!’

In Ash and Brock’s cabin, they were contemplating the same show.

“From what I’ve heard, The Trickster’s really good!” Ash was emphatically encouraging Brock to come with him.

“Really? I’ve never heard of him. Why hasn’t he ever come to a big city like Pewter?”

“I heard he doesn’t like Rock Pokémon too much. And since your dad uses Rock types in the Pewter Gym, I guess he just stays away.”

“That’s weird. Why wouldn’t he like Rock Pokémon?”

“Well, if you go tonight, you might find out!”

“Alright, already! I’ll go, Ash. But if he says one bad thing about Rock types…”

“I get it, I get it. You can leave if he says something bad.’

“Well, I wasn’t exactly saying I was gonna leave if he did that… I was really gonna go up there and-”

“Okay. Got it. I’ll just remember that I’ve never seen you before in my life.”

“Huh?”

“Never mind. Hey, it’s almost time for dinner! Let’s get down there!”

A little bit later, Ash had changed his tune.

“Chikorita Salad? Shellder Soup? Torchic and Dumplings? Remoraid Fillet? Miltank Burgers? PIKACHU SPONGE CAKE? What the hell is this crap? You expect me to eat a Pokémon? I’m a Pokémon TRAINER, I don’t EAT them, goddamn it!”

“Sir…”

“And what kind of a person eats Pokémon? The only people I’ve ever heard doing that are Team Rocket agents trying to sell Slowpoke tails! Is this a Team Rocket ship? Huh? Is it?”

“Sir…”

“Don’t you know that Pokémon poaching is illegal? And you’re doing it on a big ship like this, for everyone to see! You’re trying to get these people to commit a felony!”

“Sir…”

“AND STOP WITH THE ‘SIR’ CRAP!”

“Fine! Mr. Ketchum, the menu items are given Pokémon names to AMUSE the passengers! The food is not actually made out of Pokémon!”

Ash hesitated for a second. Everyone in the room was looking at him. He had made himself look like an idiot in front of hundreds of people!

“Of course it’s not made out of Pokémon! You didn’t actually think I was serious, did you? Heh heh…” He slunk back down into his seat, and hoped that a few people actually believed the ridiculous lie he had just told.

“Changing the subject, what are you going to have, Brock?” Misty was very anxious to stop Ash’s humiliation.

“Hmm… I think I’m just gonna have an Exeggcute Omelet and a Fried Farfetch’d.”

“You mean the Wing?”

“No, no… I’m gonna ask for the whole Farfetch’d! Ha ha ha…” he saw Ash sink lower into his chair. “Chicken, I mean. Of course, chicken.”

Misty giggled. “You remind me of Ash, Brock!”

“Yeah, I guess I am eating a lot, huh? Say, May, you haven’t said a word all evening. What’s up with you?”

“Huh? Wha-? Oh, I’m just trying to figure out what to order,” she lied. She was really planning how to ensnare Ash in her net, so to speak.

“So what do you think you’ll get?”

‘Oh no,’ May thought. ‘I’ll have to make up something fast.’

“Well, I think I’ll have the Kingler Combo!”

“The Kingler Combo? What was that again?”

“Oh, It’s stone soup and salmon. It sounds delicious!” However, that was not what she was thinking.

‘What the hell was I thinking? Salmon? Blechh! I’d like anything but that! And what in God’s name is stone soup?’

“So, Ash, what are you gonna have?” Unfortunately, that voice didn’t come from the mouths of anyone sitting at the table. Everyone but Ash looked up to face the speaker. “Well, I’d hope you wouldn't try the Pikachu Sponge Cake. I mean, what would that be saying to your little yellow rat?” Gary was as sarcastic and hateful as ever.

Ash finally stood up at the insult of his best friend. “You’d only say that when he’s not around, wouldn’t you, Gary? And you know why? Because you’re a coward. You’re afraid to face him!”

Gary laughed scornfully. “I think you’re the one who’d better be afraid. Unlike you, I brought MY Pokéballs to dinner!”

Ash sat down hurriedly. Gary was right. Since Ash didn’t have his Pokémon, Gary could inflict any sort of pain he wanted on him unopposed!

“Yeah, that’s what I thought. Sit down and be afraid. Oh, and don’t think too much about the poor Pokémon who’ll die for your meal! Ha ha HA!”

Well, I hope you liked it! And could someone tell me what stone soup is? Really, I want to know! Oh, and please reply if you have any comments, suggestions, questions, or praises ( )!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

That creep, Gary!! That had to hurt!!

Anyway, it's a very funny chapter, and I can't wait to see this "comedian guy" in action. I'll stay posted if you keep postING (okay, that was a bad joke ;o).
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

I just started reading today...pretty darn good. Very smooth transition from the cartoon series into young adulthood.

Nice description of Misty in the first chapter !

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Most excellent! Another reader! Welcome to the currently rather small club, Tropius!

ZeldaFan20: Y'know, whenever I portray Gary in a fic, I always seem to show his dark side. Why is that? Oh, I almost forgot the entire first season of Pokemon!!!

I'm glad you like the comic appeal! But the next chapter-

PLEASE EXCUSE THE INTERRUP---

*loud crunching sound and shattering of glass*

Okay, I get the point. I won't give it away prematurely. You'll just have to read to find out! I am glad, however, that my sense of humor appeals to you, because you're just about the only one. No one around here get any joke I tell. I guess I can only do it in writing... sigh...

Tropius: Welcome, welcome! Thank you for your compliments, of which I got ZERO in my last fic! *scans everyone in room evilly* But really, I appreciate the support you, and all the rest of you guys have given me. I'm glad it transitioned well; I seem to have a knack for knowing how Ash and co. will end up, but I struggle to portray my thoughts accurately in writing. I'm glad my message got across. And yeah, I liked that description too! I thought it displayed an accurate portrait of at least how many people wanted her to end up...

Anyway, things are going to get rather... um... interesting this chapter. Unfortunately, I'm having to use my own piece of (insert preferred term of profanity here) computer rather than my web-page-up-before-you-finish-blinking parents'. So, I don't even know if this post will get up. Then again, if you're reading this, it must be up, right? Unless you never get to read it because it doesn't come up... okay, I'm confusing myself. Anyway, I'm just finishing up the... er... dramatic next chapter; I just have to edit it one last time. I'll try to get it up tonight, but it's going to be a struggle. Bear with me, and it'll be worth your while! And if you can't read it cause of the rating indication... not much I can do there, actually. So just read the dang thing!! (Whoops, forgot to post it!) ...
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay, here's the next chapter! And five bonus points to whoever guesses why The Trickster hates Rock Pokemon! Well, not really, but... oh, and fyi, this chapter has quite a bit of sexuality and some language too. It's a short but rather important chapter. Now sit back and enjoy the show!

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 5

Later, Ash, Misty, Brock and Todd attended The Trickster’s show. May stayed behind to… well, they really didn’t know what she was going to do. But they didn’t worry about it too much. They just sat back and enjoyed the show.

The great performer had already released a flock of Pidgey from a top hat, had a Fearow belch out a Pichu (which bowed to the audience afterwards), and was preparing for his next trick.

The Trickster had pulled out a wooden board and released a Voltorb from its Pokéball. He placed the board on top of the Voltorb, and stepped onto the board, balancing his weight perfectly.

“Now, given about 20 minutes, anyone could learn to stand on this board and balance on dry land. And with enough practice most of you could learn to do it on the turbulent ocean waves. So I’d better come up with something more, huh?”

The audience roared louder than a pack of Arcanine. What more could he have up his sleeve?

“So let’s see what I’ve got in my pocket… hmm… ah! Ping-pong balls! Now, I’ll just put them in my mouth, likth thso!” His next trick astounded the audience. Still standing on the board, he cocked his head back, and shot a ping-pong ball straight up. He did this repeatedly, firing all eight into the air. He launched the last one just in time to catch the first one coming back down in his mouth, which he fired back up before catching the second and doing the same with it. He did this straight for about four minutes before he caught them all in his mouth, fired them into the crowd, and bowed to the applauding audience.

“Say, has anyone looked at the menu? I swear, I think I got an eyeball in my Chikorita Salad!” No one laughed. Instead they all turned to look at Ash, who sunk down into his seat. ‘Weird,’ The Trickster thought. ‘I normally get everyone going with that one.’

At the same time, May was hacking into Ash and Brock’s room.

‘I can’t believe Brock didn’t notice that I stole his Key Card for the room! He’ll have no way of getting in, and he’ll have to go the front desk to get a replacement. By the time he does that, my plan will have already worked!’ She slipped into the room. No one was around, so they both must’ve gone to the show. May gave a sly smile as she took off her bandana, which most people considered really to be a part of her personality. ‘Okay, lipstick, light make-up, unfolded corner of bedspread, suitable undergarments… I think I’m ready!’ Everything was going to have to be absolutely perfect for this to work. If you haven’t figured out what May was going to do, you probably shouldn’t know anyway.

May climbed onto the bed and leaned on her elbow. All that was left was to wait. She nearly dozed off when she heard some giggling by the door. ‘Huh? 7:45? Brock shouldn’t be back yet. Oh… well, at least he can’t get in here. I’m glad I swiped HIS key card!’

The giggling continued. May climbed off the bedspread and walked over to the door. There was no risk; Brock wouldn’t be able to see her through the door! She peeked through the eyehole. Yes, Brock was with a very attractive lady, and let’s just say that they were all over each other and leave it at that. Brock broke the “frenching” for a moment. “Hold on, let me get my key, and we can take this… inside.” His grin couldn’t be wider.

‘Thank God he can’t get in here to do that!’ May thought. ‘I’d either be totally busted, or… ugh! Brock?! I don’t even want to think about that!’

“Huh?” Brock appeared confused, trapped outside the door. “I could’ve sworn I put the key in my pocket!”

‘He still doesn’t realize I stole it from him! He’s so dense!’

Brock continued on, much to May’s dismay. “And that’s why I always keep a spare!”

‘****!’ May scanned the room rapidly. She’d have to hide and ride this out, whether she liked it or not. Which she wouldn’t. They might go into the bathroom at some point, so that wasn’t safe. Brock would probably open the closet to put everything he “took off” in there, so that was probably the worst place. The only spot left was… oh dear God.

She dove under the bed and swiped her bandana as the door opened.

“Ooh, you certainly are a great kisser, uh… what was your name again?”

“Brock. And you, Gwyneth, are a vision of loveliness.”

“Ooh, and a great personality, too! But let’s see if you can handle this!”

May closed her eyes. She didn’t want to witness this. She didn’t want to be here. If she had a choice right now, she’d just go back home. ‘Damn it Brock! Why do you always have to be so prepared?’ May heard something drop to the floor, and Brock gasping for air. ‘Oh, God. Please, this is not happening! It’s only a dream. Just a very bad, very realistic, very audible dream… what the hell are they doing up there? Oh. I don’t want to know. I just want to be anywhere but here! ANYWHERE!!!’ she sighed. As she thought about earlier, she’d just have to “ride it out”. This was worse than any nightmare she’d ever had. How on earth would she get out of this one?

So what did you think? Too risque? Not enough lovin'? Just right? C'mon, tell me! Oh, and if you wanted to know, I got the idea for The Trickster's act from two shows I've seen in person, one on a ship and the other at a basketball game. And May, well, let's just say I took her desire for "something to happen" to the greatest possible extremity. But it is possible! Alright, let's see some replies! Bring 'em at me!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

The show certainly was a riot. But what the heck is May planning to do?----Actually, What has she gotten herself INTO?? Wait, don't tell me----I don't want to know .
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Oh my gosh mcdoodles! May was being bad

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I should have Chapter 6 posted before long. I think I've worked out what's going to happen at the end. It should be pretty interesting, but there are a few clues hidden in the chapter! Oh, and before I forget, 5 bonus points to the first person who figures out why The Trickster hates Rock Pokemon! It shouldn't be too hard!

Okay, then, time to hit the replies!

ZeldaFan20: Yeah, I thought the show was pretty good myself! Thanks! And, May, well, I would tell you, but apparently you don't want to know. So then I won't tell you!

legendary fisherman1: Yes, yes! May was being bad, or at least she was planning to, but it appears she has been "interrupted"... It's good to have you join our little group! Welcome to the gang! But, I simply must ask... "Oh my gosh mcdoodles!"??? Where'd you get that phrase? Or, to put it in the words of ZeldaFan20: "Wait, don't tell me----I don't want to know."

Remember, longer comments from you equals longer replies from me equals more attention for you! Did you understand that? Good, explain it to me. See ya!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Man, May's only 10?!?!?!?! Coughfutureprostitutecough.

Anyway, cool chapter. It's good to see to see the sexually frustrated Brock get some action.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Man, I have REALLY good timing for coming online, don't I?

Tropius: First off, by this point May's about 13, so she's still WAY early, but then again, this is Ash, and she's pretty much had the hots for him all along, plus I portrayed her as far more "expressive of her feelings." Add that up, and, well...

And yeah, the cliche is always to have Brock go after some girl, have her be totally nonresponsive, and Brock be devastated. I thought, "Hey, why not have Brock meet someone that'll actually go for him for a change?" And thus this chapter was written.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: What Dreams Are Made Of

Hm hm... looking, looking, looking for replies! Looking, looking, nothing's caught my eyes!

Okay, I'll stop the rhyming. Good news: Chapter 6 is done. Bad news: I can't post it until next week! Just kidding! Here it is! *glances around at empty room while listening to echo*

Okay, here it is! It has a tiny bit of sexual humor, if you can even find that! All in all, a big change from last chapter! Okay, okay, here it is!

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 6

May collapsed onto the floor of her room, just inside the door. Thank God Brock had finished his “romantic evening” with Gwyneth before 8:00, or Ash would’ve come back from his show! And if she’d been caught like that, They’d probably think she was a sicko or something! She checked her watch. 7:58. Misty would be back any time now, and she still had to return Brock’s Card Key so he’d think he forgot it. She slipped back into the room and set the Key on the bathroom sink. As she closed the door to the room behind her, she put her hands to her head and sighed. This couldn’t get any worse.

She walked back into her room and looked at herself in the mirror. Somehow she looked… different. No, her clothes weren’t all wrinkled, her makeup wasn’t smudged, and her hair was still in fairly good condition. Oh no. Her hair. It had… nothing on it.

Her bandana was still in the room!

She checked the clock. 8:02. By now Ash would be back. How would she explain her bandana on the floor in his room?

The door swung open. Misty was back. “Wow, that was a great show! I just wish he hadn’t made the joke about the menu items. I think Ash just wanted to disappear.”

“Oh, h-he m-made a joke about the menu? I-I bet Ash r-really was embarrassed!” she stumbled on her words after the experience she’d just had.

Misty gave her a curious look. “Hey, May, you okay? You seem… odd.”

“Oh, yeah, sorry… I’m still a bit tired after… uh… going to the Gym to work out! You’d be surprised how heavy those weights are!” If there was one thing May was good at, it was getting out of situations like this.

“Wow! With all that working out, I’m surprised you have any of your rack left!”

“Huh?”

“You know, your rack. Upstairs.” Misty motioned with her hands like she was raising something up at about chest level.

“Oh, I agree, it is kind of amazing!” she said as she flashed a kind smile. A fake kind smile, but it was a good one.

Suddenly the girls turned toward the door as a knocking sound came from it. “Who’s there?” May asked. As if she didn’t already know.

“It’s me, Ash. Can you let me in for a second?”

Misty opened the door for him. “You know, there’s a reason Professor Oak got one room for the boys and one room for the girls. You should know what that is by now!” May screamed internally. Yeah, she knew what it was. She’d just been through a living hell of a demonstration of it!

“Yeah, well maybe you could explain that to your roommate.”

“Huh? What are you talking about, Ash?” Misty was totally puzzled. What the heck WAS Ash talking about?

“I found THIS in ‘the boys’ room’! Can you explain this, May?” Ash held up the bandana with a slightly angry look on his face. He’d find out why it was there. And if he didn’t, well… maybe something was amiss with May!

“Oh, so that’s where he put it!”

“Huh? Who’s ‘he’?”

“I was working in the Gym when Pikachu came and stole it off my head! I guess he took it to your room, Ash!”

“Oh, no! I’m sorry, May. I thought he was going to get a drink, but he was gone for 10 minutes! I guess he pulled a little prank on you. I’m sorry. He’ll get a little talking to, don’t worry.”

“Oh, don’t do that! He was probably just playing.” She really was sincere about this. If Ash talked to Pikachu about it, he might trust his Pokémon more than her!

“No, I have to. Pikachu just can’t go stealing other people’s things. Anyway, here’s your bandana, May.”

“Thanks. But you really don’t have to. It’s no big deal.”

“Yeah, but a trainer’s got to train their Pokémon not just for battle, but for life, too.” There he went again with his high morals. There was no way she’d beat him in this kind of argument. She sighed.

“Okay, but don’t be too hard on him. I feel bad about it already.” That wasn’t exactly a lie, either. She felt like she had Butterfree flying around in her stomach. What if he figured it out?… Then again, this was Ash. Maybe she didn’t have anything to worry about at all.

“I’m gonna go find Pikachu. See you girls later!”

“See ya, Ash!” Misty waved goodbye to Ash. He still had trouble controlling his Pikachu. Sad. Still, she couldn’t help but wonder about May. Was she being entirely honest with them? Something seemed wrong about this whole thing. Oh, well. In the morning they’d be stopping in Madagascar, where there had been reports of Pokémon that the Pokédexes of trainers couldn’t identify. But nothing had been confirmed, so it remained a mystery. In the meantime, Ash had found Pikachu sipping a non-alcoholic Pina Colada in the bar.

“Pikachu!” Ash ran up the steps. “How did I know this is where I’d find you-oomph!” Ash was knocked flat on his back when he ran into an Officer Jenny. He struggled to get up as she gave him a stern look.

“Sorry, but no minors allowed in the bar area.”

“But I… what… but my Pikachu’s up there! Why does he get to go in?”

“Oh, Pokémon are allowed in, but they can’t have any alcoholic drinks.”

“Oh, and I’m not allowed in at all?”

“Don’t blame me. I don’t write the laws. I only enforce them,” she replied as she saluted. She was proud to be one of the few officers to work on the ship. None of her cousins had ever gotten to do this!

Ash groaned. “Pikachu, get down here! …Pikachu? Uh… where are ya, buddy?” He spotted his prize Pokémon having a very interesting conversation with an Eevee. At least it seemed interesting, seeing as how they were totally immersed in the conversation.

“Pikachu, why did you steal May’s bandana?”

“Pi? Pi pika chu kachu pika?” (Huh? What are you talking about, Ash?)

“Oh, you know very well what I mean! You told me you were getting a drink, then you went off and stole May’s bandana and hid it in our room!”

“Pika pi! Ka pikachu pika chu pika pika chu!” (I did not! You should have seen how long that line was!)

“Pikachu, don’t lie to me, now. You went into the Gym and stole May’s bandana!”

“Pi? Pikapichupikapikachupikachupika?!” (What? They have a Gym here? Wow! Let’s go down and win a badge, Ash! Do you think we can beat the Gym Leader?!)

“Pikachu, you’re talking so fast that I can barely understand what you’re saying! But no, it’s not that kind of a Gym! It’s a Gym for humans!”

“Pika? Pika pi pikachu?” (So you fight and try to knock each other out?)

“Alright, stop this nonsense, Pikachu! You’re in trouble! No battling for two weeks!”

“PIKA??? Pika chu chu chu pikachu????” (WHAT??? Are you insane? No battling for two weeks????)

“That’s right, Pikachu. Maybe this will teach you a lesson.”

“Pika… chuu…” Pikachu sobbed this last line out. You can pretty much figure out the gist of what he said.

Okay, before you flame the skin off me, let me explain how Ash can understand Pikachu word for word. It's not exactly the words themselves, but Ash has developed such a tight bond over the last five years with Pikachu that he can pretty much figure out how he's feeling, as well as often times what he's thinking. And Pikachu kind of have the personality where they always say what's on their mind, anyway. At least in this fic. Okay, the flame-retardant shield is down! Say whatever you want! (Just please don't hurt meeeeeee!)
    Last edited by mr_pikachu; 2nd December 2006 at 01:01 AM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLO L
    FUNNY CHAPTER! The Pikachu scene was priceless. Keep em coming.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

legendary fisherman1: Okay, okay! Don't wear out your fingers typing all those LOL's! I guess that means you liked the chapter, huh? Well, I'm glad. I was hoping I wouldn't have gotten burnt to a cinder from flames within the first 30 minutes! Yes!!

By the way, Madagascar will hold some suprises for our heroes! You may be able to figure it out, but I'm not going to give it away! Good luck with the guesswork trying to figure out my riddle!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

It's amazing how May is so quick to fabricate an excuse, huh? And don't worry, I know about that "Pokemon-trainer bonding" thing; ever since Episode 1 (or was it much later----ah well). Getting back on the subject, here, this chapter is a riot! I hope there are more funny scenes to come!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

ZeldaFan20: All right! 3 pages now! *jumps in air pumping fist* YESSS!!! *punches hole in ceiling* OOOWWWWCCCHH!!!

Is that funny enough for you?

Well, I frankly didn't remember if there was an episode about trainers understanding their Pokemon's speech, so I posted that little footnote. And May's excuse speed was created after I saw the first few Advanced eppies, and saw her come up with an excuse to travel with Ash quickly. It also came from her rapidly covering up the fact that she muttered that she'd "give all my Pokemon up for a trip around the world" by, when Prof. Birch and Ash asked what she muttered, replying quickly, "I wouldn't trade this for the world!" (Sorry if that was hard to understand, but I couldn't think of a better way to say it!) And I'm glad that you, too, like my humor!

That was a VERY long response to such a short reply, but I had to answer the question of May's lightning-quick excuses, since I think it's been asked several times before. If not I'll have to tell the voices in my head to pipe down while I'm reading replies! Okay, I'll cut it off here! See ya later!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Another good chapter...keep it up.

I don't know what else to say .

Banned

Okay, first off, a thousand pardons for not replying the past few days!!! It was like there was some kind of curse put on me! Every time I would go to read this story, something would happen to prevent me from reading it!! Anyway, I'm back reading it, and I will continue (hopefully) to do so as much as I can!

I had no problem with the "risky behavior", I actually find it very funny! ^-^ I think it comes from having a teenage brother who's every joke has to do with "risky behavior"... Anyway, I felt really bad for Ash with the pokemon dishes. People can be so mean sometimes... *coughGARYcough*. And I think it was a good move using May's mannerisms from the first AG episodes. Poor Pikachu! If I were him/it, I would be just a little peeved at May (but then again, he might not realize that May lied). Hopefully, her "scheme" won't work out the way she wants it to!

Oh yes, and I could see Ash being able to at least get the main idea of what Pikachu is saying. I think once in a while in the show he'll understand short phrases of what Pikachu says.

Nice chapters! Keep writing!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Hey guys! If all goes well, Chapter 7 should be posted soon! And believe me, it will change EVERYTHING.

Tropius: Hey, no worries! Thanks for the support back there!

Light_Togetic: What, did you meet up with a Gengar or something (Curse is one of Gengar's moves... okay, not funny.) Thanks for taking the time to catch up! I don't know, making May like that almost came natural to the situation. It was like I didn't even need to think about it, I just wrote! Cool, eh? And, yes, I feel very sorry for Ash!

No, Pikachu has no idea about why he's been punished! ...Yet. Hee hee! We'll see if everything works out... for any of the characters, for that matter! And I'm glad everyone understands the whole "understanding" thing, even though I don't really understand it myself. ("Understand" three times in one sentence! I'm good!)

RISQUE behavior, Light_Togetic. RISQUE. Not risky. Two totally different words. Look it up if you don't know it, it's a good word for writing!

I haven't had much homework lately, just unneccessary prepping for finals. Shows where my priorities are, doesn't it! j/k! Actually, we haven't done much of anything lately. I've been doing a bunch of catching up on fanfics, though. I just caught up on OzAndrew's Electric Buggy to Victory! But the real task still awaits... Aquababe's fic whose name I can't remember right now!! 400+ replies! Whew! Fun!!! See ya in a little while!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!

ORGG LIKE FUNNY STORY!!! (You know what "Orgg" is, right...RIGHT?!)

Really, this is great! I love the scene with Pikachu, it looks like it was almost pulled out of a spongebob episode. Best of all, it looks like this story could easily be translated into a Manga form. (I happen to know a couple of good artists...)

My fic probably won't be as fast-paced as this one. My characters still have to establish themselves a little bit.

The way May (A character I know quite little about. Might you know a way that I can get some more info?) is portrayed is quite good, though I know next to nothing about her. She reminds me a bit of a character that will go into my story (Likes the main character, tries to seduce him, but fails with horrible consequences...only a more permanent one...)

Anyways, keep it up! (Give me some tips...PUH-LEEEZE!!!)

This story gets the official "Kohdok Stamp of Approval"!!! (Image coming soon...)

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Kohdok: Welcome, welcome! Nice to have you aboard, Kohdok! Although I must ask where you came up with your name...

Uh, yeah, I know who Orgg is! Yeah, uh-huh, sure do! He's that, um, guy, at the, er, place, doing the, eh, thing, right! Yeah, see? I told you I knew him!

Actually, I've never watched Spongebob. Is it as good as everyone seems to say? Never mind, don't answer that, I don't want this fic turning in to a "Spongebob argument topic"! I really tried to picture this in my head, then go to describing it as best as I could, so it's not surprising if it could be easily visualized. Hey, if you want, go for it! I've got no problem with someone drawing this fic!

Honestly, I know extremely little about May too. All I've seen of her were those two Advanced Generation preview episodes, and I don't know if they'll be shown again anytime soon. I haven't looked at any spoilers to get ideas about May, I just used those episodes as my only influence and tried to make as full of a character as I could! It's interesting that our characters are so similar. But will May end up failing? I don't know yet; we'll just have to find out!

Don't worry, I'll keep it going as long as it takes! This thing won't end 'til it's over!

Uh, tips? Well, honestly, I give suggestions for a lot of fics around here, but only after I've read the material. Mostly I just help people cover up weaknesses in their writing, such as spelling, grammar, lack of description, etc. If you post something on here, I'll be happy to take a look at it!

When you get that image, please post it! I'm eagerly awaiting a picture of my "stamp"!

Chapter 7 may be posted tonight, but I do have finals coming up, so I don't know if I can put the finishing touches on it by then. Also, I'm probably not going to be able to do much on it for most of next week, but still feel free to reply, and take a look at some of the other fanfics on this site! It'll be worth your while! Alright, I'll see you guys later, hopefully tonight!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

So, so, so very sorry guys! I couldn't finish the chapter last night, and I've been swamped with stuff to do today. But Chapter 7 is almost finished! I'll try to have it posted tomorrow, that is, if I even get a chance to use the computer! Anyway, I've gotta get some sleep, as it's after 2 in the morning! See you all tomorrow! (Or today... or... wait a minute... I'm confused...)
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Ash and Pikachu fighting! That's priceless. That's the funnest thing i've read all day. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Keep making them funny it's great.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Chapter 7! Read it and weep! (Wait, hold on...)

Well, I've finally finished the next chapter! And, to let you know, I'm going to be very cheap and start using teasers for upcoming chapters... but there'll be something else, too! You can see it at the end of this chapter! Okay, here we go!

What Dreams Are Made Of

Chapter 7

After about a week at sea, the ship reached a port on the way to Africa. “We are now docking in Madagascar. If you are leaving the ship, please bring your room’s Card Key with you so that we can identify you when you re-board. Also, be wary of wild Pokémon! Unless you are an experienced trainer, avoid them! They may look harmless, but they can be extremely dangerous! Have a nice stay in Madagascar, and please remember to be back on board by 2:30 this afternoon! Re-boarding will end at that time, and we will not be able to let you back on after that! Remember, be back by 2:30!”

“Well, I am not leaving this room until we leave. I don’t want to have another fiasco like we had when the ship was leaving Pallet!” Ash was serious. He’d never had to run that hard before in his life! And if he got stuck in Madagascar, he didn’t know what he’d do! There wasn’t even a Pokémon Gym on that island country!

“Okay, Ash, but you’ll be missing a chance to catch lots of Pokémon that we’ve never even seen before! …Ash?” The rising star of the Pokémon world was out the door and flying down the halls to catch even more!

When Ash got to the exiting ramp, very few people had made it down there. Most of the passengers were just tourists who were leisurely taking their time. However…

“Okay, Mr. Oak! Be sure to be back on by 2:30!”

“I’ll be back! Don’t you worry! I’ll catch all the Pokémon here before lunch!”

“Okay, sir!” the attendant giggled. She’d never seen anyone with so much enthusiasm, not even a Pokémon trainer! “Have a nice day!” However, she was about to meet someone even more “enthusiastic” than Gary Oak!

A streak of white rushed toward the gate, swiped a Card Key, and dashed off the ship. “Uh… h-have a nice day, Mr. Ketchum…”

“Okay, Pikachu, you can come with me, but NO BATTLING.” Pikachu still felt horrible (and perplexed) about his trainer’s punishment. But at least he’d get to see Africa. Come to think of it, he’d be the first of Ash’s Pokémon to have that privilege! That perked him up a bit.

“Pikachu, look over there!” Off in the distance, smoke was coming from the center of the island. “It could be a Pokémon! Come on, let’s go!” He ran off in the direction of the smoke. Pikachu followed, silently wondering what could create such heavy black smoke! He got his answer over the ship loudspeakers.

“Many centuries ago, Madagascar was created by the lava from a volcano eruption. Now, if you’ll look over towards the center of the island---” Pikachu heard a gasp, followed by pure silence.

Within an hour they had made it to the fire. Well, it wasn’t just a fire. Lava was pouring out of the ground at an increasingly quick rate, and the unstoppable force was consuming all the trees around it. Ash had only made it to the lava when he had to turn around and race away for fear of his life. The lava was pouring out faster and faster, and it was catching up to him. His shoes were beginning to melt, and Pikachu was feeling the heat just ahead of him. Just before Ash would have stepped in the unstoppable heat energy, he jumped into a tree along with Pikachu. But the tree didn’t hold out long against the lava, and it cracked and started to fall into the pure heat energy. Ash and Pikachu looked down, knowing their demise was at hand. And then they saw something that blew their minds. A white light emanated from the liquid heat, and just as they plunged into it, they landed with a very hard crash – onto cooled lava.

“How… how in the heck… lava can’t cool that fast… Pikachu, did you do something?”

“Pika pi pikachu, pika pi chu!” (No, I didn’t do anything, but I think that might’ve!) Ash whirled around to see something he knew he had seen before. Twice, in fact, although the first time it wasn’t really real.

When Ash was first starting in the Johto League, his mom seemed to be kidnapped by a legendary Pokémon known as Entei. But Ash later found out that Unown, an ancient Pokémon, actually created a fake Entei to capture his mother. Ash was finally able to free his mother, but only after Entei nearly killed him and his Pokémon in a battle.

The second time Ash witnessed Entei’s appearance was also in Johto, but that time it was the real thing. He saw Entei in an area of hot springs, being defended by some of the protectors of it and the springs.

It appeared Entei was back, and had caused the volcano to re-erupt. But why would it cool the lava it had released?

“You… you had mercy on me because you’ve seen me before, right? And because you know I’m not evil, right?”

Entei gave a growl of recognition. However, it seemed to want something else, too. Ash stood back for a moment, trying to comprehend its cryptic movements.

“It wants ta battle ya, twerp.”

Ash spun around. He couldn’t have been more surprised at what he saw. Jessie, James, and Meowth, out of uniform and not about to try to capture Pikachu!

“I thought everyone in Team Rocket had been captured! …Well, except for Giovanni.”

James smiled. “You know, there are some benefits to being thrown out of Team Rocket, wouldn’t ya say, Jess?”

“Yes, it is a true blessing that we were thrown out right before the police tracked them down. They thought we wouldn’t be able to do anything, in or out of Team Rocket, and now we’re standing face to face with a legendary Pokémon!”

“So go get ‘im, twerp!”

Ash sighed. He’d never get used to Team Rocket actually being on his side, or Meowth continually calling him “twerp”. But there were more important issues at hand now.

Next time on What Dreams Are Made Of:

The battle begins, and Entei is brutal!

Entei shot a Fire Blast right back at Feraligatr, severely burning his entire body. Entei may have had mercy by saving Ash’s life, but it wasn’t just going to let him catch it.

Ash tries a desperate gamble...

“WHAAAT?!” The trio of villains was dumbfounded. If Noctowl wasn’t attacking, it’d be a sitting duck!

And what's up with Team Rocket?

They were in too much pain to say anything, so they just whimpered, lying there on the ground.

Not in our next issue:

Misty's water Pokémon save the day!

Staryu enveloped Entei in a torrent of water, bringing it into the ground.

Brock turns to the dark side!

Brock slowly punched the buttons on the phone, knowing full well who was going to answer.

And Ash learns not to piss off Misty!

The bite had taken out a piece of his arm, sending blood gushing everywhere. Ash looked in shock at his attacker, who simply glared back.

Well, I hope you liked it! I'm surprised that nobody realized that Madagascar really was created from a volcano eruption, which would have instantly given them the answer as to the "big change" that was coming! This will be more of a transition than it will initially seem! And I got the idea of "Not in our next issue" from a magazine I get that has that very same thing. I hope you enjoyed it, and I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long! Comments are appreciated! Thanks for reading!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Oh, hey, totodilelover! Almost didn't see your reply there! I hope you like this chapter, even though it probably isn't as funny as the last!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Yet again another good chapter. I really like this with the memory's of enti. I think the next chapter will be really great. You have great description and length. Keep on writing!