Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Rookie To Champion - The Indigo Road

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default From Rookie To Champion - The Indigo Road

Hey everybody, and welcome to the final installment of from rookie to champion. This fic (as well as Lucky Charms) is my last little pinch of fanfic writing, so i hope you all appreciate it. Chapters are up on Monday and Thursday, but the next is up on thursday, then monday, then thursday and so forth.

Gather round, as our story begins...all the way on a little Island called Pontarico...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 01 - Stronger Than Yesterday
    By Shinymarill

“Umbreon, attack!”

Chris stood there with his faithful Umbreon. A few black hairs were seen poking out of his chin, and there were light scabs and scars seen on his top lip, no doubt from shaving. Tim stood on the other end of the arena with his Marcargo, Rocky.

“Rocky! Ember attack!” Tim roared. He wore the same red zip-up jacket and the same red trousers, but it was plainly obvious he changed t-shirts during the past five months. He had three Pokeballs down his left leg and two down his right; Rocky’s Pokeball was in his hand.

“Marcargo!” Rocky roared, blasting a boiling chunk of molten rock at Umbreon. The rock picked up speed and shot across the field at Chris’ slinky Pokemon.

“Evasive moves! One! Two!” Chris shouted, his voice becoming hoarse. Umbreon leapt to the left, as the molten rock slammed into the ground and simmered. Umbreon was hit by a consecutive molten rock from Rocky, though, and fell to the ground.

“Now body slam!” Tim followed up. Marcargo moved rather quickly along the grass and launched his slimy body into the air; globule’s of lava drooping from his chin. He flew forward and prepared to swallow up Umbreon with his fiery, blobby body.

“Agility!” Chris roared. His voice had become a lot deeper in the last few months but it was a subtle and unnoticed change. Umbreon became a blur as he picked himself off the ground and tore across the field, Marcargo collapsing in a heap.

“Get him! Psybeam!” Chris said, seizing the opportunity to attack. Umbreon held his mouth back as he leapt in the air, and a large beam of multicoloured energy formed, before blasting out and firing at Marcargo.

“Use flare,” Tim uttered. He clenched his free fist, and ran along the large field as the battle started to move along the large space.

Marcargo created a wall of fire that blocked the Psybeam. He then spat another molten rock at Umbreon, hitting him in the stomach. Umbreon received a burn on his stomach and collapsed on the floor.

“Umbreon!” Chris cried, running along the field and catching up with his Pokemon. “Are you Ok?”

Chris cradled Umbreon as best he could and examined the burn.
    “That’s a relatively weak burn,” He said soothingly. “We’ll go and treat it”

Chris recalled Umbreon in the oh-so-familiar Moon ball. He had four Pokeballs on his belt; Electabuzz’ normal red and white Pokeball; Granbull’s dark blue and white great ball, Umbreon’s moon ball and Kecleon’s fast ball. Noctowl, which Chris had caught early on in his Pokemon journey, had decided to sleep a lot, and his Pokeball was kept in the kitchen for absolutely no reason. Noctowl had also started to re-adapt to the life of waking up at night and hunting. Now he had become rather useless as a Pokemon, so Chris kept him in the reserve.

The reserve. This was another big change in the Haruka residence over the past 5 months. Chris’ dad worked as a Pokemon doctor and had won a large cash sum after helping in an accident involving Mayor Madison’s Hitmonlee. He was awarded a cheque in public, which he had used a minority of to buy the field behind their house. This had then been changed dramatically to a Pokemon reserve for Mr and Mrs. Haruka’s three children’s Pokemon. Well, there was Brett as well, but he was the Gym Leader in Olivine City, and he was 19, so he wasn’t at home anymore.

The reserve was beautiful; a massive Oak tree lay in the middle, which Noctowl perched in happily. Next to it was a large pond, which Suzie’s (Chris’ older sister; Tim’s twin sister’s) Starmie swam in peacefully. Suzie’s Rapidash, named Corona, also raced around the field with Tim’s burly Donphan and many of their Pokemon.

However, this was separated from the Haruka’s garden by a large row of fir trees. Three had been cut down (To Brett’s disgust via E-mail) to make way for a wooden gate leading to the reserve.

Chris’ Wurmple had evolved, too. It was now a pearly white Cascoon and lay right by the tiny pond in the garden. It had a few plants in it, but Cascoon kept its red eyes locked onto the pond all day.

Chris had also caught a Weezing in his travels; this seemingly useless Pokemon (aside from helping Chris in his Semi-final, and also losing Chris’ Semi-final match of the Miami League) sat jammed in-between two branches of the large Oak tree in the reserve. She came out often to either eat fruit or talk to the other Pokemon, and Chris had noticed his Mom really seemed to like her.

One more Pokemon Chris had ‘caught’ in the Miami Islands was Wobbuffet; he had come home with Chris after they built a strong friendship, but Chris had found that he preferred cooking with his Mom than actually battling or doing anything with Chris. Wobbuffet did look really funny with a chef’s hat and an apron on, but it felt empty being without him.

“Hey Dad! Can I borrow some burn heal?” Chris asked, walking through the kitchen and arriving in the living room. Chris’ dad lifted the paper down and folded it on the table.

“You know, you should carry some around” He said, tutting. Chris followed his father as he walked upstairs to his room.

Chris’ dad was tall and had brown hair. He was wearing a blue-buttoned shirt and had jeans on, and wore a pair of black socks. Chris’ dad had brown eyes, like himself. Chris’ dad brought from his room a bottle of red liquid. It had a fire symbol on a blue sticker and was able to be sprayed.

“Thanks” Chris said, running off down the stairs.
    Chris arrived in the living room; the house didn’t really have doors but arches connecting rooms together. He lay Umbreon on one of the red sofas and sprayed him with the burn heal.

Umbreon flinched slightly, but soon relaxed. Chris sprayed three shots and started to rub it in gently. Umbreon closed his eyes a little bit. Tim walked in and slumped down infront of the TV, turning it on.

“Alright! Pokemon wrestling” He said, leaning forward. Chris watched as a Machamp smashed his fists into a gothie Jynx. The Jynx then used a perish song and started to make the Machamp drowsy, before lifting up her skirt and making Machoke puke.

“Weird” Chris muttered, recalling Umbreon. His Mom walked through from the kitchen with some mail to give Chris.

“A letter” She said impressively, handing it to Chris. Confused, Chris tore the seal off it and brought the letter out.

Megan

“We’ve been walking for ages,” I said, as me and Jet proceeded through the Forest of Donwurray Island. The forest was rather sparse but it still made me shiver slightly. I kept walking through the wood; glad I was with Jet and not on my own.

It was rather scary; thick dark trees bore their scratched faced before us, but we had a mission, and so be it our duty to fulfil it.

“I’m sure we’ll find that stupid bird,” Jet mumbled. He hadn’t shaved in days and looked absolutely terrible. We had been assigned a mission to trace Articuno and catch it. However, we were also informed that one tail feather from the elusive bird would be just as valuable.

We had been walking for a long time but had seen no sign of it yet. Apparently Articuno flew from a variety of Islands around the world, and Donwurray Island was one of the roosting spots.

I brushed some ferns out of my hair and looked as we arrived at a cave. This was the perfect fairytale setting for a mysterious bird. I was waiting with anticipation as Jet hurled his Pokeball out. His ever-faithful Foretress appeared before us.

“Use explosion!” Jet cried. Foretress clung to the side of the cave and started to glow a brimming white. Within seconds, he used a huge explosion into the side of the cave, causing it to collapse, unfortunately.

“Whoops” Jet mumbled. “Foretress, are you Ok?”
    Before Foretress could reply, a shimmering blue glow rose from the cave mouth, and Articuno gracefully flapped his wings and appeared out of it.

“Get it!” Jet cried. Foretress leapt forward but Articuno blasted an ice beam from his beak and froze Foretress into a solid block of ice. He smashed onto the floor, but the ice remained as solid as ever.

“Foretress!” Jet cried. He got out his next Pokeball, but Articuno blasted another ice beam at Jet and managed to freeze him, too. He stood there in his angry stance, a Pokeball held out. I felt so sorry for him.

“Jet!” I cried. However, Articuno soon spread his wings and started to fly away! I knew this opportunity was ripe at the moment, so I plucked a Pokeball from my belt.

“Vileplume, attack!” I shouted. Vileplume came out of her Pokeball and gave me the thumbs up. She faced the disappearing Articuno. She fired two vines from her body and managed to wrap them around Articuno. I yelled with success!

“Try a pollen whirlwind,” I said. However, Vileplume pulled Articuno back only to find a long, slender, blue feather. He had escaped! Vileplume dropped the feather, which I graciously slipped into my belt. I had to admit; it looked pretty good there!

“What is he doing?” I asked Vileplume. Where we plucked the tail feather, a light snowy powder flowed from behind as he flew off. It froze the roots in the ground and started to freeze trees.

“Oh boy” I said. “He’s using a powder snow!”

Articuno flapped through the Miami Islands, powder snow spilling from his tail.

Dear Chris,
    How are things? I hope everybody is Ok. Cascoon would be a perfect Pokemon to study if you would let me. I hope you can bring him round.

At this present time, I have something I would like you to see. I have a rare Pokemon that I am sure you would love to examine with me! Krystal is coming as well, goodbye!

Professor Helmsworth

“It’s from the Professor” Chris said, reading it over again. “Wants me to take Cascoon to the lab and also wants me to pop round and see some rare Pokemon”

“Great” Chris’ Mom said. “Have a nice time”
    “I will” Chris said. He grabbed a great ball on the kitchen counter and ran outside. He approached the pond with caution as he held the ball out.

“Cascoon return!” He cried, recalling the grumpy Pokemon. It had a tendency to use its spike cannon a lot on Chris whenever he approached, so Chris had usually left it to be on its own.

“I’ll be off then,” Chris shouted, leaving via the front door. As he closed it, he looked out at Pontaricò town. It was pretty nice. However, it was a ten-minute walk across the town towards Professor Helmsworth’s laboratory.

“I wish I still had Nidoking” Chris grumbled, thinking about his Pokemon on Trueman Island. He could have ridden Chris along to the lab in absolutely no time. He started to walk, when a shadow rose over his body.

“Hey…” He mumbled, looking up. A large orange dragon soared over him, before turning and swooping down towards the ground. Chris watched in anticipation as he saw one of his best friends appear before him…

“Krystal!” Chris called, waving. She flew down on her large orange dragon.
    “Come on” She cried. “We’ll get there quicker”

Chris clambered aboard and held onto her hips as Charizard took off into the sky. Krystal hadn’t changed really, but instead of her white lab coat she now wore a black cape over a red t-shirt.

“How are you?” She asked, keeping her eyes focused on flying to the lab. “Been doing much?”

“Not really, you?” Chris asked. Krystal nodded.
    “I have decided to try and join the Dragon Tamers,” She said, handing Chris a brochure. It showed a man standing with a Dragonite by his side. Silhouettes of Latias and Latios were seen behind him.

“You always had your eyes on dragons, didn’t you?” Chris said. “How is the team?”
    “Very small now” Krystal said. “Kimi decided to go off back to Kanto with Brock and start her own breeding place with him, so I said she could take Espeon and Steelix to work on”

“Steelix?” Chris inquired. “Won’t that be a challenge?”
    “I hope so,” Krystal said. She had never got on with Kimi too much. “So, how was your birthday?”

Chris had turned 14 on January 3rd, and Krystal had sent him six Ultra balls.
    “Great thanks” Chris said. “Me and Calvin went bowling”

“Oh” Krystal said emptily, sad she had been left out.
    “I was going to ask you, but I didn’t know your address or your phone number” Chris said, blushing.

“It’s Ok” Krystal said, as they landed infront of the lab. Marill was in her arms, and as Krystal set her down, she began talking to Kecleon about their adventures.

As the two entered the laboratory, Professor Helmsworth greeted them. He still had wispy white hair and a wrinkled face, but Chris had a great deal of respect for him either way.

“Hello!” He cried. “So good to see you both in such good health”
    “Hey Professor” Krystal said.
    “Hi there” Chris said.

“I thought I should show you this very unique Pokemon that I was sent by my grandson Jonathon” Helmsworth said. He led them up a spiral oak staircase to a room with a battle arena.

“How about I show you his skills in the battlefield, Chris?” Helmsworth said, grinning broadly. He got out an Orange and white Pokeball and maximised it. “Smeargle, GO!”

He sent the ball as far as he could hurl it (which was actually a good distance). The ball hit the floor and shot back into the air, opening and pouring white light from it. The light then took the shape of Smeargle, who had a thin slender tail with a brush on the end. He resembled a beagle dog, and had a sort of beret on his head.

“Smeargle” He said hoarsely.
    “I choose you, Kecleon!” Chris shouted, as his friend leapt onto the arena.

“Smeargle! Use Mega punch!” Helmsworth roared. Smeargle started to chant his name as his fist glowed a deep blue colour. He held it up and then started to follow through by pushing it forward through the air at Kecleon.

“Run!” Chris shouted. Kecleon got on all fours and ran out of the way. Smeargle turned, frowned, and tried again. He thrust his glowing fist forward at Kecleon with a lot of power.

“That thing looks strong” Krystal warned Chris. “It’s had a lot of experience!”
    “I can tell” Chris said, clenching a fist. “Kecleon! Faint attack!”

He and Kecleon had worked on this attack. Kecleon disappeared, leaving only his bold red stripe to be seen. Smeargle frowned harder and tried to concentrate on distinguishing Kecleon’s body.

“Use lock on!” Helmsworth called. Smeargle held his tail and ran forward at the red stripe. It shot forward and what was obviously the upper body scratched Smeargle. He managed to throw Kecleon off and onto the floor, and used his big foot to keep him in place.

Smeargle then held onto his tail tighter, as the end started to glow red. He drew a circle on the invisible body, and as he did so, Kecleon’s whole body started to come back in colour. Kecleon now had a painted red target on his head.

“Now fire a hydro pump!” Helmsworth cried. Smeargle lifted his foot up and Kecleon ran from under it. He ran across the arena at Chris, but Smeargle’s tail end now glowed a beautiful aqua blue. Smeargle held it like a hose and blasted a surge of water forward, hitting Kecleon directly on his target and firing him back at Chris.

“Kecleon!” Chris cried. He picked his friend up. “Are you going to be Ok?”
    “Leon” He said. He started to perk up slightly as the red target faded. Chris put him back on the floor and Marill ran over, keen to help her friend.

“So why did you want to show us Smeargle, professor?” Krystal asked, joining Chris and Helmsworth in the arena center. Helmsworth drew the orange and white Pokeball and recalled Smeargle.

“Well, it is simply because I wanted to show you that all the attacks you saw were thanks to Smeargle’s special attack – sketch”

“Sketch?” Chris asked. “What makes it so special?”
    “It allows Smeargle to remember an attack that has been used on him so he can use it for his own use” Helmsworth said. “This Smeargle has 76 attacks”

“76?” Chris questioned. “Wow!”
    “He seemed to be really strong,” Krystal said. “Has he battled a lot?”

“Oh my yes” Helmsworth said. “He is one of the strongest Pokemon I have ever examined. EVER. And that is the primary reason I was going to send him to Professor Oak to examine”

“Professor Oak?” Chris asked. “I thought he was an advertising gimmick?”
    “Oh, this is the real Professor oak” Helmsworth said, chuckling. “But since you brought Electabuzz here last week, he ate all the electricity from the exchanger”

“He did?” Chris mumbled. “Sorry…”

“Why did you make it a pre-designed Pokeball?” Krystal asked curiously, staring at the orange ball.
    “Well, I was having lunch on the afternoon it had been sent, and as I was eating a Satsuma I was partial to the colour orange at the time!” Helmsworth chuckled. “So I had a new ball designed for it”

“I see” Chris said. “So the machine won’t work?”
    “No, it has been drained from electricity” Helmsworth said.

“Hey! We could travel to Kanto and give it to Professor Oak!” Krystal said.
    “Come on” Chris said. “This isn’t the anime, we can’t go on errands like that”

“I think you could do with that,” Helmsworth said maturely. “For somebody who competed so well in the Miami League I would have expected much more battle strategies from you”

“Really?” Chris said emptily. “Maybe I could train in Kanto, we could deliver that Smeargle and we could…erm…train some more…I guess!” Chris said. He laughed slightly.

“I suppose we could” Krystal said. “What do you think, Chris?”
    “I think that I battle just fine,” Chris snapped.

“I meant what do you think about travelling to Kanto” Krystal replied.
    “Oh. Well, I suppose I might as well” Chris said. “I’d best check with Mom, though”

“Same here” Krystal said. “We’ll meet at the west Pontaricò dock tomorrow lunchtime, Ok? I’ve never been on the new ferry’s they built.”

“Sounds good” Chris said. “Come on, Kecleon. We’d best be getting home now”

“What about Cascoon?” Professor Helmsworth asked. “And Smeargle?”
    “Oh…right” Chris said. He handed over the great ball to Professor Helmsworth and took the orange Pokeball off him.

“Have a nice time,” Chris said, as he walked out of the lab with Krystal. “I’ll meet you tomorrow lunchtime, right?”

“Right” Krystal said, as Chris and Krystal walked their separate ways.

That night, as Chris slept silently, small snowflakes started to float down from the tail of a large blue bird. He flapped off to the west of Pontaricò. From Dunwurray Island. Megan cradled the feather as if it were gold, and watched the mighty bird. She got out a phone.

“Yea, Sandra? He’s headed to Kanto” Megan snapped. “Probably Seafoam Village by the looks of things. No, I don’t have any purple lipstick. Ok. No, not any cherry, either. Just head off with Duncan to Kanto, Ok? Yes, I realise I can’t order you around. No, you can’t order me around. Just go, just go”

She put her phone away.
    “Inconsiderate bimbo” She grunted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indigo Road Winds on...
    -Wobbuffet cooks a suicide meal...
    Wobbuffet turned round as he sprinkled chilli powder, and accidentally tipped the whole jar in. He quickly stirred it round a few times to make it look less obvious.

-Helmsworth starts to wonder about the recent snow...
    “Hello Chris!” Professor Helmsworth said. “I looked up some data in an old Pokemon encyclopaedia and it seems that Articuno is behind all of this recent snow”

-And Chris gets in some proper battles...
    “Twist!” Jeanette said. Bellsprout started to twist slightly to the left and the swift attacks missed! Chris stared, open-mouthed at this. Bellsprout then faced Kecleon, ready for another attack.

also, find out how YOU can appear in the fic! The From Rookie To Champion Quiz kicks off on Thursday!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Returning Hotshot Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Thank you again SM for selecting me as the character appearance for Frtc: TIR.
    It's great to be chosen for something for once, and hard luck to all other participants.

Thank you to all the people who have congratulated me, and a very BIG thank you to Jon UKX for an unexpected surprise.

-wipes forehead-

It's like my own Oscar speech......

Watch out for my new fanfic - Changing times

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Banned

YAY! Serebii.net is back up! Unfortunately, the forums aren't.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oakbarl: lol. nice speech ^^;;. Dane (you) is coming along well, but Chris catches him in their hotel room up to somehting sinister...or is Chris just jealous of Krystal's new afections for Dane?

Raichu: yea! it is so full! its amazingly great!

ps: i got sent home today: i've broken a rib! someone gave me a bear hug (more like a steel hug) and i broke a rib! it hurts, but i get ice cream

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 08 - Mary Had A Little Fight
    By Shinymarill

Chris

We left Pewter City last week, and we’re now going towards Seafoam Village. First, we’re heading to Cerulean City, before going to Saffron, Celadon and Fuchsia in that order.

“I suppose we should head through Mount Moon” Krystal said. “Maybe I can catch a cool Pokemon there”
    “Yea, that’ll be a first!” I said, chuckling. Krystal smacked me in the arm.

“Just keep quiet,” She snapped. I guess someone was having a period…although if I said that, I wouldn’t be here to tell the story. We wandered over the fresh green field.

“You know, I bet I could catch some Dragon Pokemon while I’m here” Krystal said. “Maybe I can check your Pokedex”

“It got smashed, remember?” I told Krystal. Stupid girl. She never remembered a thing. It was that guy’s Tyrogue. I think he was called Al. Anyway, we had this little adventure in Pewter where this big gang of evil thugs met Al, and they talked about this and that…it got a little boring…but then the thugs left after Al ran off someplace.

Ok, so I can’t tell stories well. Maybe ask Krystal: she could spend about three chapters telling you what happened, incorporating laser guns and hover-Ferrari’s into it.

Anyway, as we walked along the field, Krystal saw this sheep thing. Mareep. It looked pretty…sickly, to be honest. It was a bright yellow colour with two strange cone-horns either side of its face. Krystal squealed madly, and sent Marill out to battle it.

“This should be funny” I bragged, sitting down. Kecleon was by my side as Krystal stood opposite this large fur coat.

“Bubblebeam!” Krystal screamed, pointing at Mareep. The stupid thing was awfully docile and stood there pleasantly. It reminded me of my granny…although this Mareep didn’t have some secret alcohol addiction and didn’t hug me…

Marill leapt into the air and fired a barrage of pellet-sized bubbles at Mareep. Mareep seemed to be huddling up from the attack. I think this one was male, although all that fluff really made it hard to decipher.

“Ma-weep!” He cried. He blasted a blue bolt of electric energy forward at Krystal and Marill. Marill tried to dodge the attack, but she was smacked right in the…well…the whole body really, and flopped onto the ground.

“Oh, you poor thing” Krystal said. I chuckled at the prospect of her not being able to catch it. “You stay and watch with Chris”

“Marill!” She squealed. She sat down next to Kecleon and chatted, leaving me free to watch the battle. Krystal got out hew next Pokeball and sent it out.

“Charizard!” She cried. Her ball opened up and released Charizard. Charizard looked down at the scared Mareep, and prepared for an attack. Mareep began by charging forward and Headbutting him in the stomach.

“Charizard! Fire spin!” Krystal roared. I couldn’t wait to see this: a roast lamb! We haven’t really been eating well in recent days; we can get pies and pasties from the bakeries in town, but Krystal’s always complaining about healthy eating and whatnot. Geez…

Charizard blasted a tornado of flames at the Mareep, which engulfed it in an inferno and trapped it. Unable to attack, Mareep wailed in pain, as he became prisoner to Krystal’s team.

“Go, Ultra ball!” She shouted happily. She hurled a Pokeball at the defenceless little Pokemon and smacked it on its back. The Ultra ball drew Mareep in with an orange energy and locked him inside.

“Yay!” Krystal cried, as the ball dropped into the soft springy grass. It pinged loudly to indicate a capture, which Krystal soon cheered about. Marill ran over from her chat with Kecleon to congratulate Krystal.

“Good job” I said. Krystal walked over with Marill, Charizard and her Pokeball.
    “Thanks” She said. “Remember, you’re not the only one who can catch new Pokemon!”

“Why don’t we try a battle?” I asked her, thinking things over. Bulbasaur would be able to grind Mareep down: Pidgey had a slight disadvantage, so my other recent catch would be the best.

“Oh, you think you can beat me?” Krystal asked. “Remember who placed higher in the Miami League”
    I scowled.

“Let’s heal our Pokemon and then we’ll battle,” I said angrily. I knew Charizard would be hard to beat. Maybe I should use Electabuzz…and Kecleon against Marill. Yea, that sounded good.

There was a Pokemoncenter in the next field, as well as an entrance to Mount Moon. We had our Pokemon healed by Chansey, and we then walked out of the center and into the center of the fresh field.

“3 Pokemon each” I declared. I smiled at her menacingly.
    “You’re on” She said.

“Go, Bulbasaur!” I cried, throwing the Ultra ball out. It burst open and released my Bulbasaur, who looked around wearily. Krystal drew a Pokeball from her belt.

“Go, Mareep!” She cried. Her Ultra ball burst open and her Mareep formed. I was surprised: I had expected her to send out her Charizard, for a sure win, but she was probably testing Mareep out.

“Let’s make it fair” She told me. “Mareep! Thundershock!”
    Mareep bleated his name, before firing off a blue bolt of electricity at Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur was pretty good against electric types, so I didn’t worry.

“Dodge it!” I shouted. Bulbasaur leapt to the left and the thunderbolt charred the ground. Bulbasaur turned and faced Mareep. “Razor leaf!”

Two sharp leaves were sent shooting out from behind Bulbasaur’s back. Mareep leapt to the right to evade a batch of leaves, and then to the left to evade another blast. He panted slowly, before Krystal issued the next attack.

“Try a headbutt!” She called. Mareep charged forward at my Bulbasaur, but he ran away from him. This chase issued for a while, until Bulbasaur brought out his vines to lash Mareep as he ran.

“Bite them!” Krystal shouted. Mareep used his small teeth to crunch onto a vine. Bulbasaur gasped, as Mareep swung his head around, dragging Bulbasaur with him. Bulbasaur got up.

“Thunderbolt!” Krystal cried. Mareep started to glow, and he pumped a blue shock through Bulbasaur’s vines and into his body. Bulbasaur’s eyes widened as he received the blast.

“Bulba…” He grumbled. He then showed a rather disgruntled look, before he trotted over to the grass. He lay down, stating he wouldn’t battle.
    “Hey!” I snapped. “Come on and battle!”

“Bulba!” He snapped abruptly. He then started to droop to sleep.
    “Stupid lazy bugger” I murmured. I watched him contemptuously, before turning to the battle again.

“Come on!” Krystal said playfully. “I thought you were good?”
    “Kecleon, show her” I snapped. Kecleon nodded, and ran onto the arena. Mareep faced Kecleon, as the battle began.

“Get it! Faint attack!” I spat. Kecleon started to disappear, leaving only his stripe. Mareep watched, confused by the red stripe creeping along the grass.
    “Thundershock!” Krystal shouted. I think she knew her recent catch couldn’t beat my first Pokemon.

Mareep blasted a Thundershock forward at Kecleon, who managed to evade. He ran forward in his cloaked form and smashed into Mareep. He toppled to the side, before managing to get himself up.

“Now a slash!” I cried. Kecleon held a paw back, and raced forward at Mareep. He swung his arm down, slashing Mareep across the cheek and giving him a rather nasty cut.

“Tackle!” Krystal roared. Mareep ran forward at Kecleon, but he leapt out of the way. Angry, Mareep pursued the now visible Kecleon around the arena. Mareep then fired a large thunderbolt forward at Kecleon, which struck him in the chest.

“Leon!” He moaned.
    “Quickly! Psybeam” I hissed. It sounded such a dangerous and forbidden attack in battle with such small Pokemon. Kecleon launched himself into the air before blasting a multi-coloured beam down at Mareep.

“Push it back with a thunderbolt!” Krystal said. I was worried at her strategy: It sounded pretty damn good. Mareep forced a yellow streak of electricity forward at the beam, which ceased its fire and kept the two attacks pushing against each other.

“Full power!” I cried, even though my friend was already using full power. Mareep, however, could not supply the electricity for much longer, so the psybeam pushed the thunderbolt into his body.

“Mareep!” The sheep cried. His body glowed, before it fluffed up a lot. He looked about twice as fluffy!
    “Oh my!” Krystal exclaimed. “That thunderbolt must have fluffed up his fur!”

“Try a hyper beam!” I called. Kecleon panted and looked back at me.
    “Leon…” He sighed. I shot a confused look at him, asking ‘well, what can we do then?’ The poor mite was too tired.

“Try something more energy-conserving,” I said. “Meditate!”
    “Leon?” He questioned. I sighed.
    “Remember that Geri Haliwell yoga video?” I asked Kecleon. “Suzie played it all the time”

For those of you who don’t know, Geri Haliwell is a ginger **** in England who has a yoga video. She used to be famous…but she hit a sore spot or something. Suzie loves her, and has her yoga video to ‘spiritually enhance’ herself. It’s a miracle she’s related to Tim…he tries to burn people like her…

“Leon!” Kecleon cheered. He suddenly did some strange ballerina dances around the arena. I sighed. It was taken from Geri’s song ‘It’s raining men’ in ‘Bridget Jones’ Diary’, and featured Geri prancing around in the rain. Too bad Suzie loved Geri’s music…

“Not the song!” I shouted. “The yoga!”
    Kecleon suddenly clicked, and crossed his legs. He closed his eyes and swung his head slowly, chanting his name.

“Get it!” Krystal shouted. “Headbutt!”
    Haha! She fell for it big time. Mareep charged at Kecleon, a determined look on her face. Kecleon, however, managed to bring up a pink barrier without any effort. Mareep smashed against it and cried in pain.

“Mareep!” Krystal whined. She got out a Pokeball and recalled her Pokemon. “Marill, it’s your turn”
    Marill walked onto the arena and faced Kecleon.

“Water gun!” Krystal shouted. Marill fired a water gun from her mouth at Kecleon, which hit him in the chest. He nursed the stinging pain and prepared to strike back. Kecleon watched his friend through deceived eyes.

Tony

“Good Golduck!” Misty cried, hugging her recently evolved Pokemon again. “That’s another challenger whupped”

I couldn’t tell Misty I had been training with Psyduck, because she’d get mad how I treated him. And even worse, she can’t congratulate and hug me for it. Stupid redhead!

“You’re lucky to have one,” I added, stroking Squirtle’s shell. Golduck stared at me with evil eyes. I knew he knew I didn’t want Misty to know something! I then walked out her living room and to the pool.

“I need a badge,” A voice said. I looked across at a girl with a feather boa and a Bulbasaur by her side. Her Bulbasaur was dolled up with fancy make up and a ruby in her bulb.

“Then beat me,” I told her. I wasn’t the leader, so to speak, but as Misty’s only apprentice I was allowed to hand out badges. It was pretty cool, and got me a lot of experience.

“Get em!” I cried, releasing my Goldeen onto the arena. She swam in the water while the girl picked her Pokemon.
    “Go, Clefairy!” She cried.

Goldeen faced Clefairy and prepared to battle. I knew it could be hard, but I had to win. This girl had money, not talent, judging by her clothes, her Bulbasaur and her Clefairy.

“Water gun!” I shouted, remembering Krystal and her Marill use that attack so much. I wonder how she’s doing?

Krystal

“Now headbutt!” I cried. Chris was proving to be tougher than I’d thought.

Marill charged at Kecleon, who leapt out the way. He charged forward with his own headbutt, but Marill blasted a water gun in his face to push him away. Chris watched angrily.

“Use a slash!” Chris ordered. Marill ran from Kecleon, but he slashed her across the back, causing my Pokemon to fall on her stomach in pain. Kecleon looked over his ‘friend’, and looked angrily, like Chris had done.

“Hyper beam!”

Kecleon leapt into the air and his body glowed an orange glow. Within seconds, he shot a magnificent orange beam from his stomach at Marill, who watched from where she lay.

“Return!” I shouted. Guilt had taken over me…I recalled Marill in her Elle ball and put the ball away. Kecleon had taken two of my Pokemon down…so effortlessly…but I knew he couldn’t beat my next one.

“You’re losing your touch” Chris told me.
    “No I’m not,” I snapped back. “Charizard, GO!”

Charizard emerged from his Pokeball and looked down at Kecleon. Kecleon’s lip trembled slightly, as did Chris’. Chris shouted for Kecleon to sit this one out, and chose his next Pokemon.

“I choose Electabuzz!” He roared. Electabuzz formed from the white light, and prepared to take Charizard down. I had been training with Charizard and Kingdra much more than with Marill or even Mareep. Mareep had done an excellent job, and I just caught him today!

“Flamethrower!” I shouted. Charizard sent a massive streak of elegant flames shooting at Electabuzz.
    “Barrier!” Chris said quickly.

Electabuzz created a pink barrier by rubbing his palms across the air like a window cleaner. The barrier absorbed the flames and disappeared, leaving Charizard vulnerable to attack.

“Thunderbolt!” Chris roared. Electabuzz sent a surge of electrical energy into the sky, which soon arched back down towards Charizard. Charizard flew back and evaded the attack.

“Mega punch!” Chris shouted. I only remember seeing Electabuzz battle like this in the Miami League against Jane. Back then, Electabuzz had been critically injured and had to spend most the competition out the fights.

Electabuzz drove his fist forward into Charizard, which sent a shower of blood onto the springy grass. Charizard wiped his nose and flicked the blood off, before shooting into the sky.

“Charizard!” I cried. “Fire spin!”
    Charizard’s mouth brimmed with flames before he blasted a spiralling tornado out his mouth. The tornado flew forward and wrapped around Electabuzz, draining his energy and burning him something awful.

“Electabuzz!” Chris cried. “Try to get out!”
    Electabuzz’ figure was scorched as flames burned and scathed his body. He stumbled out of the tornado and collapsed on the floor.

“Get up!” Chris snapped. The stupid fool was so focused on winning he risked his Pokemon’s life…
    “Oh, for gods sake!” I snapped. “Just recall him”

“He’s clearly beaten,” I declared. “Don’t have a repeat of the league”
    “I suppose you’re right” Chris said, getting the Pokeball out. He recalled the tired Electabuzz into his Pokeball.

“Take that!” I snapped. “I beat you!”
    He didn’t answer. Instead, he walked off to the Pokemoncenter in a sulky mood. I tagged along, chuckling to myself about it. He was such a strange boy…

Tony

“Horn attack!” I shouted. Goldeen shot forward and knocked Bulbasaur into the water. Bulbasaur tried to get out, but I had Goldeen use her best attack: Water way.

Goldeen sang a beautiful song, as a wave of water crashed over Anne and her Bulbasaur. Anne looked a complete mess in her soggy clothes, and she started to cry.

“You monster!” She wept, holding tears back. “Daddy will have to pay another £120 for this top!”
    She ran out the Gym, her waterlogged Bulbasaur in hot pursuit.

“Come back when you’re a better trainer!” I shouted, a grin across my face. Goldeen turned to me, before glowing. She became enveloped in a bright white substance, and she started to grow. Her horn became sharper and more powerful, while her tail was stronger and bigger. The light started to die down, revealing a beautiful orange Seaking before me.

“Oh man” I gaped. I had never expected Goldeen to evolve, but I suppose it must be mating season. I suppose Misty’s Goldeen might have evolved, too. I was excited about our new Seaking: I hoped we could learn a thing or too from them!

“Hey, Misty!” I cried, running into the living room. “You’ve gotta see this”
    My heart stopped as I saw Misty and David on the sofa, ‘expressing their feelings’. Disregarded clothes lay around the room, creased and messed up.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Cool, two perspectives on the same battle. I think Water Way's American name is Water Pulse. For some reason there isn't anything else I can say.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Jon: What EBTV chappie? I thought it was rather original . That was the same SD thing? oh well. Nevermind, eh?

Jukain: Thanks for that. I'll use it in future. Yea, 2 perspectives! Chapter 9 has absolutely loads of perspectives, so keep your eye out

Next Chapter 'A day in the live of...'
    -The Haruka residence is disturbed when Grandma arrives...
    “Hello Mom” Mom said. Grandma was very short: about 4 foot 5. She had a slumped posture and broad shoulders. Her grey hair was knotted in a tight bun, and her wrinkled face had electric blue eyes.

-And Nidoking helps protect Trueman Farm...
    Suddenly, there was an explosion from the forest at the back of the field. Rika watched, confused, as a group of Graveller and a Golem burst forward into the field. A figure was seen walking into the field.

“Who are you?” Rika snapped.
    “Call me James” He began. “James Holmes”

-And Anne gets her 'just desserts' in Cerulean Outskirts...but is anybody there to help her?
    “La-hoo-ser!” I said to Nidoran as she collapsed. I recalled her, but Ekans advanced forward on me. I stepped back, reaching for Staryu’s Pokeball, when Ekans spat a dart into my neck.

“Oh” I sighed, my eyes drooping. I fell forward and thumped against the ground. All went black…

-And Chris gets a surprise at the Gym...
    A figure walked onto the arena opposite me. There was no mistaking the short died blue hair, the slightly muscled (and now slightly tanned) body, the baggy jeans…

“Tony?” I queried, looking at the figure.

-Also, as an added bonus: Al finds himself in a tricky situation
    “Sorry Al…” Sandra said, putting on a cry. “I’m really, really sorry”
    “Give them back you old *****,” I snapped. Sandra eyed me furiously, before clicking her fingers. A lady stepped forward and released a Butterfree

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Really great chapter, SM! A chapter that's only interviews is interesting. And that stupid Anne... she really gets on my nerves every time she's mentioned.
    The Quest for the Legends

Chapter seventy-seven, THE END, up!

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic
    Winner of six 2008 Silver Pencils, including Best Fiction Overall and Best Plot
    Now concluded with chapter fourteen!

Banned

What I meant by it was set up LIKE a chapter of EBTV, you know with the points of views from Jessica, Andrew, Mr Mime etc but this chapter was rather original.

Junior Trainer

That was an amazing chapter, and the different perspectives is interesting.
    I cant wait to read about myself in your fic, it should be interesting!
    And the next chapter sounds action packed.
    Ohhhhh, the excitement of it all..........

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

You have talent, making Chris lose all his big battles is a great way how to improve character. Looks like we have two deal with two pissed off males. What is the whole get up with Al
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: I think they're diferent from the interveiws in FRTC: These are 1st person POV'S, but yes, a variety of them is rather kool.

Jon: Thanks! These numerous POV's are all over the fic!

Oakbark: Dane rox! ^^;;;. I hope you like the way he is portrayede in the fic. Yea, next chappie is full of action. James Holmes is in! Remember, from TR?

Powarun: Will Chris battle Tony? can he? is the Lapras renting, ride giving guy going to be of any importance? find out soon! Oh, the Al thing is a sub-plot, more is revealled each chappie.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I can happily say that this fic is better than the original. Well done. Chris losing twice to Troy was a surpise but still good. I wonder if he'll come back to the gym for a second rematch...

I noticed something though. In Chapter 7, you ended it with Megan almost quitting with life. In 8 though, there's no follow up to what happens with Megan and Jet. Now, will they appear in 9 as well seeing what happens with Tony dropping in on Misty and David or will they be ignored?
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

TML: I can see why you're confused. Basically, the main fic is Chris and Krystal researching Articuno, but i pull in other POV's from other peoples life, like Tony and how he's doing, and later Rika, Molly, Tim and Suzie...

Megan's struggle through life is a very realistic and lifelike POV. It doesn't happen EVERY CHAPTER, but to keep readers following the fic i spread them out. As the fic progresses, you'll see Megan and Jet go through harsher times together, and alone, before they remenisce about when they started out in Team Rocket. These flashback's help us see Megan and Jet's real character - did you know Jet used to have a Charmander? and what about Megan's best friend Mark Sims?

Don't worry, you'll hear from them soon.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

cool! new chapters!!! things seem to be developing rather quickly between Misty and Dave, hehehe..... anyways, congrats OakBark!!! i should have spent more time on the quiz, but at the time i only had a few mins b4 i had to get off so i kinda rushed it. this story is geting even more complex, which = good, which = me not being able to wait = I HATE THE SCHOOL WEEK!!!! looks like Electabuzz got roasted in that battle with Charizard. puting Chris on a losing streak is something ive never seen any writer do b4 to thier main charachter, so that makes this fic pretty cool! im going to some of the other fics im reading now. cya!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I already understood the point of views thing. I just wanted to know why you ended one chapter with Megan and Jet in it but didn't include them in the other one. Thanks for explaining anyway
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ultra_Poke: Thanks! Dave is seen in a lot more light sooner on, so keep an eye out! Chris' ability soon increases as he trains more. Electabuzz also has an important battle against Martin (with his Raichu)!

TML: Well, its a suspense i guess. I hope that explains it. I want people to read more in the next chapters to find out what happened.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Raichu's coming back!? YES!!!

Banned

After reading all day (with breaks of course) I finally caught up in this Fic. You really put a lot of work into the chapters. It is quite obvious when you look at their length, as well as their detail. I really enjoy reading, and intend to read more.

I do have a question though. You talk about"The Miami League," and Tony knows Chris, even though they have never spoken in the 8 Chapters I've read. That means there is obviously another fic. Is there a spot Icould read it? I really enjoy your writing, and I'd like to have a bit more insight into the lives of Chris and Krystal...

Banned

I've finally started reading your work. I remember the original "From Rookie to Champion" fics that I started reading but never finished. So far, with this one, I'm up to chapter 6. I started at Ch.1 and I stopped only to get to work on my own fic. You've somehow inspired me to take my story even more seriously! Now, I'm gonna be just like Akira Toriyama with Dragonball; Play video games for 16 hours and work on my anime novel for 8 hours a day. No sleep for me!

Good job! I only wish I could find your older stories.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Raichu: He's back, alright! I knew you'd be pleased ^^;;

Mr Mayor: Hey there! Welcome to the fic. This fanfic follows the previous Fanfic, entitled 'From Rookie To Champion'. It's in the completed fiction archive, so head there. However, the setting is 'show all posts from last 30 days', so change that (its at the bottom toolbar) to something longer, like all of the posts, to see my chock-a-block fanfic!

Sygma: Another new reader! Hey. Oh, i'm thrilled i've inspired you to write, because its a wonderful thing to do! As i've said, the fanfic before this is in the archive, so change the settings and prepare to be dazzled!

Well, folks! Chapter 09 is up tommorrow, and its pretty long! It's about 9/10 pages, which is probably the longest a chapter ever has been! Lots of things are shown, including Nidoking and Nidoqueen on Trueman farm, so i suggest Sygma and Mr Mayor check the pre-fic to find out about them!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Nine or ten pages? It's gonna be a long one...

Can't wait!

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic

Banned

Holy Cow! The first part is amazingly long. You must really enjoy writing. I hope my fic turns out as good as this... but I have yet to aquire many readers who read every chapter.

Anywho, I may not be able to finish the entire fic today. My parents would probably shoot me. I'll attempt to, however.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: It's long alright. Glad you're looking forward to it!

Mr Mayor: Don't worry about it, its a long fanfic on the whole. Just do as much as you can, k? It's for your own benefit.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Well, I'm on Chris's second Gym Battle. The one with the three evolutions of Eevee. It's great so far, but I must read more.

*Returns to reading*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mr Mayor: Nice to see you're progressing through the fanfic! Thanks.

I'm writing Chapter 17 now, part 3 in the tales of trechery. It may well be the last part of TOT, or maybe it will be Chapter 18. And Chris has a new Catch planned! PM me for spoilers on the new catch, the old reject and what happens!

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 09 - 'A day in the life of....'
    By Shinymarill

Tim

I was watching TV in the living room. There was a photo of me, Suzie and Chris on the TV, which got me thinking of my little brother. Searching for Articuno…the stupid dope. That thing didn’t even exist!

“Tim!” Suzie cried. “Grandma’s coming!”
    I instantly fell off the couch. Grandma? That rich old hag who always make me eat her toffee?

“Quick!” Suzie cried. “Fluff up the cushions!”
    Grandma was always consistently rambling about cushions. She loved to complain, did Grandma.

“Suzie, get the door!” Mum cried from the Kitchen. “Wobbuffet has put popcorn in the spaghetti again”
    “Wobbuffet!” The blue blob cried. He was such a bad cook, was Wobbuffet. His pie had a fried egg inside, and he put bacon in the bread dough. He also put bananas in Curry, but we’ll not go there.

The door swung open and smashed against the wall as Grandma stood in the doorway. She had two heavy bags, which were carried by an extremely exhausted Flaaffy. A Taillow was in a cage under Grandma’s arm, as she stomped into the house.

“Hello Mom” Mom said. Grandma was very short: about 4 foot 5. She had a slumped posture and broad shoulders. Her grey hair was knotted in a tight bun, and her wrinkled face had electric blue eyes.

“This house smells,” She declared, sniffing into the air. She got out a bottle, which read ‘Old old old spice’. She sprayed it into the air, which make the room stink of old people.

“The smell of the young” She murmured. “Yuk”

My baby Cyndaquil ran along the floor to see Grandma. Typhlosion had met a Typhlosion belonging to a girl named Katie who lives down the road, and they produced a batch of healthy Cyndaquil. I kept this special one – He was a light brown where he would be black.

“Argh!” Grandma cried. Cyndaquil ran happily, but Grandma pulled something out of her pocket. A Skitty. This feisty cat always sat on the dinner table, through Grandma’s orders. She left hair everywhere…

“Skitt-eeeeee!” Skitty cried, tackling Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil fell to the floor. I ran over and picked him up.
    “Get me a drink,” She hissed. She slumped over to the couch and sat down. “And fluff up these cushions, Sarah”

She took a swig of brandy.
    “Oh yea, that’s the ticket” She began. “I always said, I said ‘you can’t call her Suzie! The kids’ll call her ‘woozie Suzie!’ I say…you younger ‘uns think you know best!”

“She’s getting tipsy again,” Mom said. “And she’s barely through the door”
    “You know what? This couch is awful” Grandma declared. “I told you, I said ‘crème is awful! You want a nice dusty maroon’”

“Oh boy” Mum began. “And she’s staying for a week”

“A week?” I protested. This wasn’t fair. A week with her? You’ve got to be kidding me!

I watched as Flaaffy wandered up the stairs with Grandma’s bags. She dropped the Taillow cage, which smashed open and released the bird. He chirped loudly, before shooting around the room at breakneck speed. I went into the kitchen, took a 6-pack of coke and a loaf of bread, and ran upstairs. I’d need this…

Chris

Through the cave we walked. I didn’t like it, as it was cold and wet. The light was ok; torch brackets were spread through the cave so we could see where we were going. However, Krystal kept Mareep out, his orb on his tail lighting the place up a little more.

“Look!” Krystal pointed out. “A lake!”
    Krystal ran over to the sparkling lake. It was small, but in a sense rather large. Krystal got out a Pokeball and threw it out into the water.

Her Kingdra emerged. He was a cool Pokemon. I really liked him to be honest, but he was very strong. Krystal was very strong. Marill was weaker due to her size, but I didn’t mind really. Neither did Krystal.

“Kingdra needs a good swim” I said, smiling. Krystal looked at me in the semi-darkness and returned the smile.
    “Yea”

We watched Kingdra for a while, who was clearly enjoying himself. Marill soon leapt in the water too, and the two Pokemon enjoyed a relaxing swim. I sorta wished I had just one water Pokemon: I had a Magikarp at one point, but I released him from my team. I wish he had evolved into a powerful Gyrados…

“Well, we’d better keep going” Krystal said. “Return, Kingdra”
    She shot the beam at Kingdra, and he disappeared into the Pokeball. Marill shook herself off (onto me), and walked alongside Krystal and I.

As we walked, I suddenly saw a glow of light coming from the end of the tunnel. We were out! Nearly…. I ran towards the exit, as did Krystal and Mareep. Marill was sitting on Mareep’s back, and we all headed towards the light.

I stepped outside, and gasped. I looked around. It was some sort of park…with shops and merchandise everywhere. A man walked over in a Clefable costume.
    “Hi! Welcome to Mount Moon Square!” He cried. “I’m Clefable!”

I groaned.
    “How do we get to Cerulean?” I asked impatiently. Clefable chuckled.
    “Hehehe! All you need to do is go through the cave there,” He said, pointing to another part of Mount Moon.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I roared, falling to my knees. Not another cave…please!

Nidoking

“Ni, ni!” The Nidoran male cried. He looked at me with such hope and determination. I smiled back, although my surly looks would probably scare my son to death. He ran along and joined the other five Nidoran: two other males and three females. Nidoqueen watched happily.

“Remember when we were like that?” She asked me.
    “Yea” I replied back. I then thought back to Chris, who had left me in the care of my old owners before he went home.

“I wonder how Krystal is doing” Nidoqueen began.
    “They’ll be getting along great” I replied. Suddenly, Rika ran along with her Jolteon. Jolteon was firing sharp shocks forward, which excited the Nidoran and left them scampering around.

“Come on guys” Rika said happily.
    “Yea, alright” I mumbled. We ran into the large field at the back of their farmhouse. Rika’s Pokemon also roamed free around here: Heracross, Jolteon, Ampharos and Ninetales. Mantine and Corsola swam around in the ocean, which was closer to the front of the house. I have never seen Mantine, but I remember Corsola from when I was younger.

Suddenly, there was an explosion from the forest at the back of the field. Rika watched, confused, as a group of Graveller and a Golem burst forward into the field. A figure was seen walking into the field.

“Who are you?” Rika snapped.
    “Call me James” He began. “James Holmes”

“Go away!” I snapped.
    “Leave us alone!” Nidoqueen roared. James didn’t understand Pokemon talk, but his Golem and give Graveller sure did.

“What do you want?” I heard Rika inquire.
    “Are your parents home?” James sneered.
    “Yea” Rika spat. “Yea, they are”

“I’d like a word with them” James muttered.
    “No deal” Rika snapped. “You’re from Team Rocket! They’ve been trying to buy us out!”

“I took over,” James said. “We go under a new name. Golem! Tackle attack!”

Golem leapt into the air at Rika. I watched, horror-struck at what was happening. Rika looked pretty scared. I ran forward and into the air myself, taking Golem head-on and smashing him against the ground.

“Hey!” James roared. “Graveller! Attack!”
    Two Graveller leapt forward at me. I ran to the left and swung my tail around, thwacking one of them and sending it to the ground.

“Get lost!” I snapped. I turned and saw a Graveller run at me. He swung a fist forward and smacked it into my jaw. I heard a sickening crunch and I fell back. Moving my jaw, I felt a sharp sting, so I kept it in a fixed position.

“Nidoqueen, help me!” Rika cried. Nidoqueen leapt forward to attack the Golem, but he simply ran and tackled her. She managed to keep going, but two of the Graveller soon kicked her in the stomach.

“No!” Rika shrieked. I saw Ninetales and Ampharos on the ground in pain, while Heracross and Jolteon kept evading attacks. After a massive rollout attack from Graveller, Jolteon was sent shooting across the ground. His leg looked dislocated.

“Somebody help us!” I roared. Suddenly, a Graveller grabbed Rika by the arms. He then shimmered slightly, before a white glow took over his body. He was self-destructing!

“Now, why don’t you get your father” James growled. “Or Graveller might be tempted to explode”

Rika struggled to release herself from the grip of Graveller, but he was much too strong. I tried to get up, but my arm hurt a lot. I lay in the ground, hearing moans of pain from Jolteon, as Graveller prepared to explode.

Krystal

We wandered through Mount Moon Square. It was a public attraction, really, but we still walked along, trying to get to the next part of Mount Moon. The cave ahead had a crumbly roof and dank entrance. We walked inside.

Mareep lit the arena up with his vibrant yellow wool and glowing electric orb. He was a real cutie, I tell you! I caught him yesterday and had gotten a lot of use out of him (He whupped Chris in a battle yesterday).

We continued through the cave. It was dark and gloomy, but the few torch brackets littering the walls helped us through. I occaisionly saw a Paras or Geodude while we were here. Marill took care of them for experience.

“So, you wanting another badge in Cerulean?” I asked Chris, my mind seemingly bored.
    “Yea, I suppose” Chris said. “I need to train”

“Well, ok then” I replied. “Just don’t enter the league”
    “No way” Chris replied. “I mean…all that way…just to wind up walking back again”
    “You lazy bastard” I said.

“Anyway, I might just train around Kanto, and then head somewhere else for a league competition” Chris replied, obviously not listening to what I’d just said. Oh well. I really wanted to get to Dragon Rock and train my Dragon Pokemon there. Basically, you could sign up for it, with any experience you’ve had as a Pokemon trainer helping you get in. I had Charizard and Kingdra as dragons…but I hoped I could catch more…

We then walked further and appeared at another cave exit. Chris and I ran out, our hearts filled with joy. We appeared in a fresh field, and saw a large city visible further down.

“There’s Cerulean” Chris said, pointing. Kecleon ran up onto his shoulder.
    “Yea, let’s go” I said. Mareep ran down the field happily, as Marill walked by my side. I wish she could evolve into some kinda powerful dragon…but I doubted it.

We ran off towards the city, happiness flooding over me.

Anne-Marie

I had totally just lost my last Gym battle against this stupid oaf. He used a Goldeen, and it managed to take down Clefairy and Bulbasaur! I only had one badge, which was the one from Pewter City.

I walked through the forest on the outskirts of Cerulean City, eager to battle my Pokemon. I suddenly saw something infront of me. It was…it was some sort of snake. It was a light purple with a yellow tail and some yellow beneath its jaw.

“Let’s check this out,” I said, getting my special Pokedex out. I had the voice set to David Beckham’s. He was so sweet! I pointed the Pokedex at it and identified the Pokemon.

“Ekans. Yea. This Pokemon has really good poison and ‘dat. It’s like…really strong and all, but it’s really bad in defence and stuff. It’s a snake.”

Ok, so the words were uninspiring from the dunderhead, but I smiled at the sound of his voice. Victoria Beckham was so lucky to have him as a husband! And two children! Lucky them…

“Go, Bulbasaur!” I cried. “Bulbasaur, attack this thing while I ring Candice”
    Bulbasaur looked at me, deeply confused, but either way tackled Ekans. Meanwhile, I got out my cell phone and dialled Candice’s number.

“Hello?” Candice said.
    “Hey!” I yelled. “How are you?”

“Oh, fine” Candice said. “Have you heard that new Darius Song?”
    “Oh my god yea!” I cried. Darius was also a complete hunk…I loved him! “I love the video…”

“Yea, but that girl he’s with is a complete tart,” Candice rasped back. “Remember when we went to see him in concert? I bet he got the inspiration from us!”
    “You can so tell” I replied.

“So what are you doing?” Candice asked.
    “Oh, the usual” I replied, stumbling slightly in my heels. “Catching an Ekans”
    “Oh my god cool!” Candice replied. “What else do you have?”

“Nidoran female, Bulbasaur, Clefairy and Staryu” I replied.
    “You are so lucky!” Candice replied. “I got a new handbag”
    “Really?” I asked, as Ekans sunk his fangs into Bulbasaur.

“Yea, it’s like, fawn, but with like, these little red patches on” Candice told me. I listened, quite keen on this handbag.
    “Wow” I replied. “You are so Lucky”

Bulbasaur screamed as Ekans shot a barrage of poison darts at her. I sighed and recalled Bulbasaur. I got out Nidoran’s Pokeball, as I kept talking to Candice.
    “Well, I’d better go” I told her. “Bulbasaur just totally lost to Ekans”

“Oh my god really?” Candice said.
    “Yea, she totally stank,” I said back. Nidoran ran forward and clawed Ekans. I smiled.

“Well, c ya” Candice said, hanging up. I put the phone away in my back pocket and continued to attack.
    “Get it with a fury swipes!” I said. Nidoran charged, but Ekans smacked her over the head with the end of his tail.

“La-hoo-ser!” I said to Nidoran as she collapsed. I recalled her, but Ekans advanced forward on me. I stepped back, reaching for Staryu’s Pokeball, when Ekans spat a dart into my neck.

“Oh” I sighed, my eyes drooping. I fell forward and thumped against the ground. All went black…

Chris

We walked through Cerulean City, enjoying the sights. I saw a girl with a Slowbro who challenged me to a battle with her. She had short blonde hair and a sorta cute smile. She wore tight shorts and a sports vest.

“Just a simple 1-1” She said happily.
    “Sure” I replied. Who to use? I bet Electabuzz could make short work of Slowbro…but I really wanted to save him for the battle. I got Bulbasaur’s Ultra ball and threw it out.

“Bulbasaur!” He cried, leaping onto the arena.
    “Go Slowbro!” The girl shouted. “By the way, I’m Rachel”
    “Chris” I said lightly.

“Slowbro! Attack with Mega punch!” Rachel said. Slowbro’s fist glowed a white colour, save for the blue tinge visible. Slowbro brought his fist surging forward at Bulbasaur.

“Headbutt!” I shouted. Bulbasaur shot across the arena, (and what speed!) and smacked Slowbro in his crème stomach. Slowbro topped back slightly, and Bulbasaur leapt back.

“Slowbro! Water gun!” Rachel said. Slowbro blasted a water gun at Bulbasaur, who leapt out of the way. Bulbasaur leapt into the air and blasted a spiral of sharp leaves forward at Slowbro.

“Confusion!” Rachel yelled. Slowbro’s eyes glowed with a vibrant purple. He held his arms out at Bulbasaur, and the entire collection of razor leaves glowed that same purple tinge.

“Slow…” Slowbro groaned, sending the leaves spinning back round and towards Bulbasaur.
    “Bulba!” Bulbasaur protested. He brought out two vines and shot them forward, slapping the leaves away.

“Now! Body slam!” Rachel said. Slowbro leapt into the air and spread his limbs out as he came crashing down onto Bulbasaur. This looked bad.
    “Erm…get out the way!” I cried, trying to remain calm.

Bulbasaur tore back along towards me.
    “Leech seed!” I cried. Bulbasaur’s bulb glowed, as he blasted a single seed from it straight at Slowbro.

“Slow!” He bellowed, yawning loudly. The seed shot into the back of his throat.
    “Slowbro!” Rachel cried. “Are you alright?”
    Slowbro gave the thumbs up…until vines shot out his mouth and twisted around his face. Slowbro clenched his stomach in pain as the vines crept all over his body. He gasped, and collapsed on the ground.

“You poor baby!” Rachel said. “Thanks for the fight”
    “Anytime” I began. “Sorry for hurting Slowbro like that”
    “He’s been in worse,” Rachel said, surprising me. “Just head to the Gym now, and good luck!”

She ran off, and I recalled Bulbasaur.
    “Nice plan” Krystal said, smiling.
    “I didn’t mean to” I began, realising she was being sarcastic half way through my sentence.

“Let’s just go” Krystal said, as we headed off to the Gym.
    I pushed the doors open and stared in amazement. The whole room was a massive pool, with plank-like walkways criss-crossing across them. At the end, one walkway led people off the pool and into a separate water arena.

“Come on” I said, running across the wet planks. Krystal walked a little slower than me, taking in the sights of all the different water Pokemon swimming around.
    “Hey, a Wailmer!” Krystal said, pointing. I saw the large bulky whale and thought of Tony…

We walked off the massive pool and approached the separated, smaller pool. This was like the arena I battled Saffri on, except there were red and yellow floats instead of numerous extinct Pokemon ones.

I followed the walkway and leapt off. It stopped right before the pool, but there was a tile walkway around to the end of the arena. I walked to one side, waiting for somebody to appear.

“Hello?” I cried, my voice echoing out into the large room. “Anybody here?”

A figure walked onto the arena opposite me. There was no mistaking the short died blue hair, the slightly muscled (and now slightly tanned) body, the baggy jeans…

“Tony?” Chris queried, looking at the figure.

Al

I looked around. I was…I was in a field, at the mouth of a cave. Sandra stood over me with three Pokeballs in her hand. My eyes darted to my belt, which was empty. She had my Pokemon!

“Hey!” I snapped. I looked around, realising my legs and arms were bound together. I tried to break free, but it was tight. Surrounding Rockets laughed and cackled at me as I lay there.

“Sorry Al…” Sandra said, putting on a cry. “I’m really, really sorry”
    “Give them back you old *****,” I snapped. Sandra eyed me furiously, before clicking her fingers. A lady stepped forward and released a Butterfree.

“Take care of him” Sandra ordered the lady.
    “Stun spore!” The lady cried out. I watched as Butterfree prepared to release a strong yellow powder in my face.

“Scyther!” I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could, spit flying from my lips. The ball quivered on the belt Sandra held, as a ball burst open. It took the form of my mighty green warrior, Scyther.

Instantly he spun. Spinning round, the stun spore was repelled and sent back towards the rockets, who each stepped back. Scyther turned, before shooting a blade down at me, cutting the rope and allowing me to move.

“Thief!” I ordered. Scyther shot forward in a purple dash, and returned with my belt around his neck. Sandra looked shocked, but I simply swung the belt around my waist and clipped it into place.

“Sandstorm!” I shouted. Scyther spun around while rooted on the spot, creating a billowing cloud of dust. The rockets seemed to disappear before a veil of sand, as I made my way through the cave with Scyther. They weren’t going to get me so easily…

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Junior Trainer

Great chapter
    What chapter does Dane come into the fic?
    Thanks in advance.

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Banned

Nice. How much longer does this perspective thing last, cuz, it's cool and all, but it's distracting from the main plot.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oakbark: Dane debuts in Chapter 14, and is in until about Chapter 18. I am writing Chapter 17 now, which is really cool! I really enjoy writing this part

Jukain: The various POV'S are just in most chapters now. Is it distracting? Darn Well, i hope you can skip the parts you dont like or something however, the battle in the next chapter is in 3rd person

Next Chapter - The 3 unite!

-Chris arrives at the Gym...but is it really Tony?
    Chris stared at Tony. Tony stared at Chris.
    “You’re a Gym leader?” Chris asked, not able to cope with the fact his friend had made such a name for himself.

-But Chris hasn't realised his friends strength...at all...
    Pellipper built up speed and pulled out of the water, shooting up at Pidgey. Streaks of energy shot behind him as he tore upwards and smashed Pidgey out of the sky with his beak.

-and Tony shows off his new Pokemon!
    “Did you catch anything?” Krystal asked.
    “Well actually…” Tony began. He got out a Pokeball. He threw it out, and it opened up, forming into a strange Pokemon.

It had two orange parts on the side of its face, and had a streamlined blue body.
    “Mudkip!” It cried.
    “How sweet” Krystal said.

all on thursday!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Great new chapter. I am starting to understand "The Dream" in your first story. Tony wouldn't be there (he is training), Krystal now has a Charizard, and I am guessing Al will meet up with krystal and Chris sooner or later. Chris will get shot or something after he gets six badges from Kanto. The Pidgeot he was riding is Pidgy in it's final form... I hope I'm right.

I totally loved the chapter! Hope Marie-Anne dies of the poison... she deserves it.

I wish you had asked something about the dreams in the quiz, I'm so interested in dreams I remember them well.

Morphic

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Confusing. Dizzy at reading everyones thoughts in the fic and the spinning hour glass banner at the top does not help. That was different too many people talking at once kingda hurts a fic. Please keep to a few like two or three people leading the story with different plots. Anyway Bulbasaur seems tough it reminds me of Chris in a way.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Confusing. Dizzy at reading everyones thoughts in the fic and the spinning hour glass banner at the top does not help. That was different too many people talking at once kingda hurts a fic. Please keep to a few like two or three people leading the story with different plots. Anyway Bulbasaur seems tough it reminds me of Chris in a way.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mr Mayor: Ahh yes, the dream! A rather flimsy pretext for the sequel, but i have to say, Chris will have less badges when that takes place. I know it will slowly slot together, and readers have been anxious to see this, but lets just say Krystal may not be in....this part will be shot at thend of the fanfic. Chris getting shot? maybe...or maybe that was the DREAM part?

Dragonfree: Lol! Anne doesn't die from the poison, but sooner or later she'll be found by someone...and infact, she pays quite a large role after Tales of Trechery...

Powarun: Kingdra hurts a fic? what?
    but yea, the diferent POV'S were confusing, but dont worry, something like that wont happen for a while .

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

The forums have returned! I look forward to seeing everyone there.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Heylo!

Hee! The Grandma seems like um... the guest from hell.. knowing old people she'll never leave! I'm sure it'll drive them to build a Granny flat for her out the back of the ranch! I hope she falls down the stairs! Or Wobbuffet gets her back! lol

Chris got all melodramatic didn't he? Over a cave.. But nice to have a Nido POV... I'm surprised there aren't any water or Grass Pokemon nearby that'd kick their asses. Nasty rocks.

Ann Marie.. hmm... she seems dead. lol. Would be funny if the Ekans tried to eat her. But the B vs Bro was good.. teh seed in teh mouth Yummy. ;o

But its a nice chapter, short and the many POVs further accentuate that and that ain't a good thing You don't have to jam in everyone in such a short space, otherwise it feels rushed.

And to you One Line Repliers, have some decency and put some effort into a reply! *Growls* Hold on...I'm not an animal!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Jukain: I'm making my way there now...lol. Thanks for the info, i tried yesterday so i wouldnt have checked again for a while. Thanks.

Ozzy: Dont fret! no more chapters are that jam-packed. It got out of hand....lol. Grandma is in an upcoming chappie, but she leaves later on. After that, there isnt much action at home except for the Gardeners Tourney on Haylain Island...

Anne-marie dead? it's a possibility, even though I (yes, ME) know what happens to her in the end....

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Of course you would know... I know what happens to the nasty, spoiled little thief in my story...

Morphic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: I know all! Mwa-ha-ha

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 10 - The 3 unite!
    By Shinymarill

Tony

“Look” Misty began, as we sat on the end of her bed. “What you saw yesterday was…it was a misunderstanding”

“Oh, you didn’t understand?” I asked her. “Well, you were sleeping with David”
    “Hey, stop going on at me like I’m too young” Misty said. “I’m 17, nearly 18. Stop going on at me like you’re my mum!”

“Look” I began. She could chuck me out her house for this…and deprive me of my Gym apprentice-ness. “I’m just shocked…”

“I suppose it is pretty shocking stuff” Misty said, thinking it over. A small light on the wall flashed. Somebody had entered the Gym to battle. “Why don’t you take care of this person…and if they beat you, they can battle me”

“Sure” I said, walking out the bedroom. I walked downstairs towards the arena. I hope it wasn’t that stupid Anne-Marie girl: She drove me nuts! I whupped her *** yesterday, and Goldeen evolved!

I leapt off the staircase and walked onto the arena, to be met with two familiar faces. Kecleon…Marill…I knew these two! I looked across at the surprised figure before me, and remembered back to our old days as a three.

“Tony” He said.
    “Chris” I muttered. “Nice to meet you again”

Chris stared at Tony. Tony stared at Chris.
    “You’re a Gym leader?” Chris asked, not able to cope with the fact his friend had made such a name for himself.

“I’m the apprentice,” Tony boasted. “Beat me in a 2-2, and you can challenge the leader in a 3-3”

“Sorry” Chris began. “But I came here to win”
    “Well, good luck” Tony began.

“Electabuzz, you’re up!” Chris shouted, He plucked the Pokeball from his belt and released it onto a yellow float. Electabuzz stumbled slightly, finding it hard to keep balance.

“Haha!” Tony cried. “Go Seaking!”
    The Pokeball burst open and took the shape of a large fish. Chris stared at it in disbelief.

“This should be easy” Chris said unconvincingly. “Electabuzz, thunderbolt!”
    Electabuzz charged his antenna and blasted a surge of electricity towards Seaking. Seaking watched.

“Flail!” Tony cried. Seaking wriggled around and launched itself out of the water and into the air as the thunderbolt shook the whole arena. Chris watched in disbelief as his winning idea soon crumbled away.

“Water gun!” Tony shouted. Chris expected Seaking to blast a large mouthful of water, but instead the large fish blasted a tiny, sharp dart of water at Electabuzz.

It struck Electabuzz in the chest, causing the electric Pokemon to clasp his chest in agony. He stumbled back.
    “Watch out!” Chris cried. “The float!”

“Burr-ah!” Electabuzz shouted, balancing himself on the float. Tony and Seaking remained calm and peaceful, while Chris and Electabuzz were flustered and bothered. This was tough.

“Seaking! Try a whirlpool!” Tony ordered.
    “Thunderbolt! Again!” Chris pined desperately. Electabuzz’ antenna glowed, as he forced a surge of electricity forward at Seaking.

“Flail! Again!” Tony cried, his voice matching the same pitch as Chris’. Chris grumbled, as Seaking flipped into the air and missed the electric current flowing through the water.

“Not again!” Chris pined. Seaking splashed into the water and prepared to attack. The horn on Seaking’s head whirred round, and as he submerged into the water a small current began to form. Within seconds, a large whirlpool had focused around Seaking and started to drag Electabuzz in.

“Erm…” Chris began. Electabuzz rarely did anything except electric attacks, and it had become apparent they wouldn’t work. What could he do?

“Now! Horn drill!” Tony ordered. Seaking got up from the whirlpool and his horn glowed brightly. He shot through the water towards Electabuzz and struck him in the chest, knocking him back off his float.

“No!” Chris shouted. Electabuzz floated there, while Seaking watched beside. “Thunder!”

Electabuzz pumped the attack through the water with his last ounce of strength, shocking Seaking and knocking him out, too. Tony watched in amazement at the turn of events.

“Return” He said to Seaking, shooting the Pokeball at him.
    “Good job, Electabuzz” Chris said, recalling Electabuzz.

“Good try” Tony said. “But I don’t think you can beat me”
    “Think again” Chris said. “Pidgey, I choose you!”

Pidgey appeared out the Pokeball and flapped in the air. Tony burst out laughing.
    “Hey!” Chris said hotly. “Don’t laugh at Pidgey!”
    “Sorry…” Tony began. “Sorry...but I thought you would have caught something else besides a Pidgey!”

“I have other Pokemon” Chris snapped. He did only have his Bulbasaur that was recently caught…but Tony probably wouldn’t inquire any further.

“Oh well” Tony said. “You can’t give yourself an air advantage here! Pellipper, go!”
    Tony hurled the lure ball out. It burst open and formed into Pellipper, Tony’s shorebird.

“Pellippa!” He cawed loudly. He was considerably bigger than Pidgey. Pidgey looked confident, but Chris didn’t.
    “Quick attack!” Chris shouted. Pidgey tore through the air at an amazing speed and hit Pellipper. Pellipper flapped back, before launching himself at Pidgey with his gaping mouth.

“Pidgey!” Chris shouted. “Whirlwind!”
    Pidgey flapped his wings and sent a blast of wind forward at Pellipper. Pellipper struggled to keep flying, and was knocked out of the air.

“Easy!” Chris said happily. However, as Pellipper flopped down towards the water, he tucked his wings in and turned slightly, causing him to skim across the water elegantly.

“Easy when he’s a water type” Tony commented. “Now! Beak slash!”
    “Beak slash?” Chris questioned. Tony grinned.
    “I suppose Pidgey won’t learn it for a while” He said. Chris muttered something.

Pellipper built up speed and pulled out of the water, shooting up at Pidgey. Streaks of energy shot behind him as he tore upwards and smashed Pidgey out of the sky with his beak.

“Pidgey!” Chris cried. Pidgey flopped against a red float and lay there. “You know what to do”

Suddenly, Pellipper soared down at Pidgey and used his beak to launch him into the air. Pidgey cooed painfully as he shot back down to the ground. Chris stared in disbelief.

“I guess that only works with movie-stars,” He noted. “Pidgey! Peck!”
    Pidgey got up and tore to the left before Pellipper struck again. Pellipper’s eyes narrowed as Pidgey arched around in the air and shot down at him.

“Per!” He snapped, shooting back. He skimmed across the water backwards, shooting quick, sharp darts of water at Pidgey.
    “Pii!” Pidgey cooed, shooting out the way. “Pii pi!”

“Good job!” Chris said. Suddenly, Pellipper unexpectedly turned around and tackled Pidgey, sending him into the water.

“No!” Chris shouted. “Pidgey…get up!”
    Pidgey lay there. Chris recalled him, embarrassed at what just happened.

“Good job” Tony told Pellipper. “Chris, you lost”
    “Thanks, eagle-eye” Chris spat.
    “But I think your choice of Pokemon is what let you down” Tony explained. “You can fight Misty, I’ll get her now”

“Are you allowed to do that?” Krystal asked Tony.
    “As long as we’re still friends” Tony said, smiling.

Tony returned a few minutes later.
    “Your match will be scheduled for tomorrow, okay?” Tony told them. “Now let’s catch up on everything that’s been going on”

“So, why did you come here?” Krystal asked Tony. The three were around a table at a café in Cerulean. “You seemed really keen to get back home to Catcalina”

“I was” Tony said. “Things just went wrong”

“It’s good to be home, you know” Tony said.

“I bet it is” Earnshaw said. “But then again, I was never a traveller. And I think most of that journey through the world has helped your Pokemon a lot, too”

Suddenly, a familiar figure walked into the reserve. He was smaller than Tony, due to his age (15). He had blonde hair and a slight tanned body. He was wearing a formal blue shirt and some black trousers. This was Sam.

“Hello Sam” Earnshaw said.
    “Why hello… Jenny ” Sam said. Earnshaw chuckled.

“Oh you” She said, laughing.
    “I got you a present,” Sam said, getting out an Ultra ball. “I caught her a few weeks ago and have been raising her lovingly”

“That’s so sweet!” Earnshaw cried. Sam threw the Pokeball out and revealed a large blue rabbit. It was an Azumarill.

“OH! An Azumarill!” Earnshaw cried, hugging her.
    “I knew you liked them,” Sam said. He nudged the Azumarill, and he brought out a bunch of roses.

“Thankyou” Earnshaw said, giving Sam a kiss on the cheek. Tony couldn’t stand it any longer, and walked home.

The next few days were just as sickening. Whenever Tony tried to do any research on water Pokemon, Sam would slink into the lab with his Beautifly named ‘Jenny’. Sam had competed in leagues before, so he had a variety of Pokemon.

Tony couldn’t stand it any longer. He was the third person in this world for two.

That night, Tony took all his Pokemon into their Pokeballs except Goldeen. He could only carry six, so he was leaving his trusted Goldeen a little longer.
    “I’m going on another journey,” Tony told his Mom.

“Oh, honey” His Mom began. “Again?”
    “I want to study at Cerulean Gym in Kanto” Tony began. He’d been thinking this over for a few days now.

“I see” His Mom began. “Well, pack everything you need, and I’ll get you a taxi to the dock”

“Cool” Chris said. “Chewed out by a close friend…”
    “Anyway” Tony said. “I started to work here with Misty’s Pokemon, and she then asked if I wanted a spot in the Gym. I said yes, and she gave me the job!”

“That’s great” Krystal said. “But couldn’t you work at Catcalina Gym?”
    “Nope” Tony began. “Randy is Sam’s dad, and Sam’s already an apprentice there. It would feel weird working under that pile of filth”

“So, what have you been doing then?” Tony asked. Wailmer and Squirtle were with them, and they were chatting to Kecleon, Marill and Pidgey.

“We left about three weeks ago” Chris said. “Pontaricò and many other Islands have become frozen over with solid ice”
    “We’ve been ringing back often” Krystal cut in. “To check if it’s melting”

“But it isn’t” Chris said glumly. “We were told Articuno is behind all this”
    “How do you know?” Tony asked. Krystal fumbled for something in her pocket.
    “This photo was taken a couple of nights before we left” Krystal said, showing a picture of a blue bird shooting off in the distance. Snow was billowing from where a tail feather should be…

“Wow” Tony said.
    “We’ve been scowering around here for some information” Chris said. “And I’m also training my Pokemon at the Gyms”

“Impressive” Tony commented. “Any new Pokemon?”
    “Yea” Chris said. He got out an Ultra ball. “Go!”
    It hit the ground and released Bulbasaur. Tony patted it on its bulb.

“Nice” Tony said. “And Pidgey, I presume?”
    “He’s hoping it will evolve” Krystal said doubtfully. “As if”
    “You never know” Tony began. “What have you been catching, Krystal?”

Krystal released Mareep, which Tony stroked gently. Mareep seemed to love attention.
    “Sweet” Tony sighed.

“Did you catch anything?” Krystal asked.
    “Well actually…” Tony began. He got out a Pokeball. He threw it out, and it opened up, forming into a strange Pokemon.

It had two orange parts on the side of its face, and had a streamlined blue body.
    “Mudkip!” It cried.
    “How sweet” Krystal said.

“It’s for Brittany” Tony explained. “She always wanted one”
    “How nice of you” Krystal said. “Anyway, we’d better go. I’m sure you have some battles to battle, and people to beat”

“And I expect you two will be needing a good nights rest for tomorrow” Tony said.
    “Yea, and we need to call relatives and whatnot,” Krystal added. The three got up. Each stared into each other’s eyes, not wanting the moment to end.

“Well…goodbye” Tony said, turning. Wailmer hopped after him and Squirtle followed. Chris and Krystal turned the other way, their 5 Pokemon walking alongside them towards the streets of Cerulean.

Next Chapter: Tony and Cerulean Gym
    -Chris gets asked a favor from Krystal before he heads off for his second Badge...
    “Chris” Krystal said, as we approached the Gym. I let her continue. “I want you to do something for me”
    “Oh” I said, unsure of what I could say to be honest. “What is it?”

-And Misty bends the rules in her Gym, as she released an unexpected Pokemon:
    “Whoa!” Krystal exclaimed from behind me. “Dragonair are thought to have been extinct!”

-But Chris doesnt get all the action, as his faithful Noctowl gets in on a kidnap!
    They were talking about a girl inside the van. I moved over the roof slightly to get a better look. Still I could see nothing.
    “Keep her here” The man said. “The Trueman family will pay a lot for her whereabouts”

As the Indigo road whisks you off even further, keep your eyes open for Chapter 11!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nice Chapter, Sorry that Pidgey lost, poor thing is getting beaten up all the time because Chris is too ignorant to train it before gym battles it seems like. Glad tony got Mudkip well I am in school and I have go bye. Thank you for the fic

Banned

That was an alright battle, considering the circumstances. Not much action, other then the Battle, but that is always important in a good story. You need a few relaxing chapters to catch your breath after all the action. I was happy to see Tony, Chris and Krystal become reunited. I can't wait for Monday's chapter. It sounds interesting.

Great Job!