Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TPML Safari Zone

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default TPML Safari Zone

Welcome to the Safari Zone folks! This is you place to find all information about the SZ. Take the time to familiarize yourself with it, and if it is missing anything at all, let one of us know!

=================================================

There are three ways to enjoy our Safari Zone. We've dubbed them Classic, Pasture and Speed.

Classic is your standard zone experience, which can be filled with discovery and adventure.

Speed is for those who are looking for a certain Pokemon to complete their collection...

Pasture is for those folks who's teams are so massive that they have to clean them out, but would rather like to not just release them-but allow others the opportunity to obtain them.

Rules

To enter any Zone, you need to buy Poké Balls to help you capture Pokemon.

Poké Ball You can buy a Poké Ball for 2 points. A Poké Ball will allow you to capture any single stage or non evolving pokémon you come across, but no higher.

Great Ball You can buy a Great Ball for 3 points. A Great Ball will allow you to capture any second stage pokémon you come across, but no higher. It also captures single stage and non-evolving sooner than a Poké Ball would allow.

Ultra Ball You can buy an Ultra Ball for 4 points. An Ultra Ball will allow you to capture any third stage or legendary pokémon you come across. It also captures single stage and non-evolving much sooner than a Poké Ball would allow, and second stage pokémon sooner than a Great Ball would allow.

Depending on your journey, there is a limit as to how many Poké Balls you can purchase.

Remember, once you enter the Safari Zone (and subsequently spent your points on the Poké Balls) you need to make a bank post.

This is where similarities end for the Zones.

For Classic:

If you are interested, you sign up, stating how many Poké Balls you would like to buy and which Pokemon you take with you. You can only bring a maximum of three Pokemon with you, Please provide genders and nicknames. You should also specify where you want to explore.

A ref (see below) will ‘take’ your post and write a brief ‘intro’ to your Safari Zone quest. These are not too in-depth. They detail where you are and what you can see. Each ref will start their own thread. This will help alleviate clutter and confusion from too many Safari Zone's going at different speeds.

You can only have a maximum of 5 Poke Balls per trip. This is to help aid the "never-ending quest" syndrome.

Example
    Rapamon2: You take your Eevee and Squirtle with you and wander along the beautiful sands of Tranquil Shores. As you go, you see a small group of Krabby, male and female, play-fighting along the sand. You can see a Wingull in the sky and a Dunsparce burrowing out of the sand. What will you do?

Then, you would type your response.

“I’d like to battle one of the male Krabby.”

And as before, the Ref will write this out as if it were a Pokemon Battle in ASB. Three attacks per turn. There may be banned moves depending on the location (ie: derelict building: not advised to use earthquake) but these are at the Referees discretion.. Once the foe is at 0% HP or energy it will get too frightened and run, so you need to catch it before it hits 0%. If all of your Pokemon faint you will be taken to the exit with no refund for unused Poké Balls.

Make sure to post your responses in the correct thread!

For Speed:

You will make a post stating what POKEMON you are looking for. Whomever picks up your quest will make a note of what Pokemon you have with you and drop you in a certain area where that Pokemon has last been seen. From that point on, you have between 15 and 50 posts to find, subdue and catch your target, depending on what you are seeking. There are a few restrictions.

1) If you have a teleporter, they will be reduced to only a few uses of Teleport, depending on the Pokemon in question.

2) If the Pokemon you bring as a helper does not have the ability to track the Pokemon you are seeking, the quest will not be honored.

3) You cannot unlock hidden areas in Speed Zone mode. To access any hidden area, you need to have already visited it in Classic Mode.

4) You can visit a Pasture while in Speed Zone mode. But you will still be in a Speed Zone-so use your time wisely.

Here is the breakdown of how long Speed Zones are-depending on the Pokemon.

Baby/First forms: 15 posts (3 teleports)
    Second Forms/Non-evolvers: 25 posts (5 teleports)
    Final Forms: 35 posts (7 teleports)
    Legendaries: 50 posts (10 teleports)

Pokemon will run away from you, so you need to be crafty about your intentions. Also, some Pokemon need to have certain criteria met before you can obtain them, so if you haven't obtained those criteria in Classic, you won't be able to hunt them down in Speed.

You can only have a maximum of three Poké Balls with you and two partners in Speed!

For Pasture:

You access this mode through Classic. If you happen to find someone's Pasture on your journey, your adventure shifts from Classic to Pasture. What this means is that the Pokemon you encounter are more willing to be caught-as they have been trained by your fellow trainers. They can all be caught with just regular Poké Balls, and probably need little effort at all to be caught. Once you exit the Pasture however, your adventure shifts back into Classic.

Whew! That's a lot! But its okay. We got through half of it, and that means its all downhill from here!

Referees

Any approved ASB Ref can sign up as a Safari Zone ref and can take on anyone's quests. Safari Zone refs will be PMed with a list of what Pokemon can be found in what areas and told instructions on how to ref the Zone.

Please do not hassle any Safari Refs. They may refuse to ref for you.

For every five rounds of Safari Quests reffed, a Safari Ref will get 2 points. These can not be used in conjunction with Referee Rewards but still need to be shown in the Bank when payment is received.

Referees
    -Ayeun
    -BTPoke
    -Cynder
    -DarkestLight
    -Greyfox
    -Oslo
    -Puma
    -RaZoR LeAf

Areas of Exploration:

Sunshine Fields
    A large plain that overlooks TPML, the grass is soft and the air tasty. A plethora of grass Pokemon are found here as they enjoy the tickling breeze and the bright sunshine. Bird and normal-types are also found here.

Crush Quarry
    A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here.

Ivy Woods
    A dense forest where a thick fog lingers. There are Grass and Bug types everywhere you turn. Look up and you'll find Flying types are enjoying the highest reaches of the trees.

Ivy Lake
    A secluded lake in the middle of the forest, you'll find rare Dragons here, along with all the usual Water types, and maybe a few Ice Types too. Rumor has it, that there's a cave hidden underwater...

Abandoned Playhouse
    This glorious playhouse was burnt down, but what remains has become a home for several Normal city pokémon, not to mention the Fire types that love the smell of charcoal.

Skinny Dip’s Pond
    Fishing rods are supplied for free, so sit back and see what you can land. Water types are abundant here, but the soft land around is home to more than a few burrowing pokémon.

Grave’s Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokémon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

Tranquil Shores
    A small cove-style beach. There are lots of ocean pokémon to be found here, as well as Fire types enjoying the sun. Some ground types can also be found.

Ffeffni Mountain
    This large mountain is very cold and has biting winds nipping around. There is a layer of snow falling and many ice types can be found here. Also look for hardier bird Pokemon and a variety of tough foes.

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain out of the main village. Expect a variety of rock, ground and fire types to be seen among the road to the summit. Can you unlock the code to get into the Archives?

Feizhi Outpost
    A thick and heavy jungle where the best of explorers will find a thousand and one bugs. That's not to mention the abundant Poison types and several Grass types too. The sun is very hot.

The Old Village
    This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

Wagwhomp Swamp
    This hot, murky swamp is home to a manner of grumpy and surly Pokemon. These are all Pokemon from the DP Generation. This small, secluded swamp houses some rare and tropical species.

Shinsuke Volcano -
    This volcanic island - previously hidden away can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying pokémon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall pagoda stands on the island as well, the only man-made structure here.

Ruskie Tundra -
    This wide expanse of icy land extends as far as the eyes can see. Rolling snow dunes and harsh hailing conditions make it an idea place for Ice Pokemon, and only the sturdiest of winter loving beasts.

Nevshard Badlands -
    A terribly hot, sweltering desert with few places for shade. Illusions are commonplace here-and the scent of inevitable dehydration hangs high here. Yet Hardy Pokemon worked out a way to survive in this climate-despite the horrid lack of water.

Skyline Terrace: -
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boards, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

Platrin Plateau -
    This mysterious temple set high in the skies is shrouded in Mystery. How does one get here?

---!!!---

Exire - *New*
    Intelligent lifeforms made floating interconnected platforms to create a living environment for Pokemon that seems to be discouraged by terrestrial life. Some say the inhabitants of Skyline Terrace know of its whereabouts at any time. As Exire is a moving series of interconnected artificial islands, the Pokemon here are few. Exire also moves around the map, but its on a set path that's easily seen from Skyline Terrace.

Living Savannah - *New*
    The wide expanse of grass and sky makes it perfect for thundering herds of Pokemon that travel through these lands.

Panbau Sanctuary - *New*
    A reclusive grove of bamboo shields unwanted eyes from the secrets that lay dormant in this densely packed forest. There is talk of treasure beyond one’s wildest imagination lying just beyond the grove.

Windy Whirl Chamber - *New*
    A vertical climb up these treacherous cliffs could spell the end for even the most surefooted of creatures.

Hunter’s Cove - *New*
    A large field of tall grass. Stealth hunters reside within the grass, so one must be on their guard at all times.

Dysfunctionland! - *New*
    A dilapidated series of amusement park rides and buildings. Who knows what you might find underneath these dusty tents and behind closed doors…

There are also more, hidden areas to be visited among the Safari Zone. If you explore the areas you might find clues to help you delve further into the zones to find better Pokemon and other rewards.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 3rd February 2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Edited active Ref list

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: TMPL Safari Zone!

Legend Protocol:

As you know, our Safari Zone is the only way to catch those elusive beasts that are deemed Legendary Pokemon. Some of your may have always wanted a Legend on your team. Well, our mod team had assembled a bit of a checklist to help you, should you decide to pursue these Pokemon. Please read this guide thoroughly, so you don't end up buying something you do not need to.

Legend Availability.
    As of today, 5/6/2012, the only Legends that are unobtainable are Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Arceus and Genesect. Hoopa and Volcanion are also banned until their official reveal by Gamefreak.

So wait, how do I pursue a Legend?

Now, before you just jump in and expect to see a Legend, there are a few parameters that need to be explained.

1) If the legend you seek is part of a set, and it has already been captured by someone else, it will not appear in the SZ until the set has been completed.
    (Ex: Cynder wants a Zekrom. However, Oslo has already caught Zekrom. Zekrom will not appear again until someone removes a Reshiram and a Kyruem from the SZ).

The Legends that are "sets" are
    Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres - The Bird Trio
    Raikou, Suicune, and Entei - The Tower Trio
    Regice, Registeel, Regirock - The Golem Trio
    Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza - The Weather Trio
    Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit - The Lake Trio
    Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina - The Creation Trio
    Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion - The Musketeer Trio
    Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landrus - The Kami Trio
    Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem - The Tao Trio
    Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde - The Mortality Trio

2) If pursing any legend, you need to realize that you may not encounter it at all during your trip.
    3) You must be in the Classic Zone for a minimum of 50 posts before encountering a Legend.
    4) If you encounter a Legend in the Classic Zone-you can then pursue it in the Speed Zone. I will keep a tab on Legends viewed by SZ participants so they know what they can and cannot chase down in the SZ via Speed mode.
    5) Only one Legend may be caught per trip, no matter what trip type it is.

But what about the other non-banned Legends, DL?

Glad you asked. There are legends I did skip. Some legends need certain parameters in order to be found. You have to open these parameters in Classic mode, then encounter them. If you miss an opportunity to catch them in Classic, you can then chase them down in Speed.

What Pokemon have parameters that I need to unlock first?

Celebi, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Jirachi, Keldeo and Meoletta? You'll have to explore in order to decipher how to unlock them from their resting places.

You are still missing a few Legends. What about them?

Hrm. Who am I missing?
    Lugia and Ho-oh are random encounters.
    Latios and Latias are random encounters, but a little bird told me they are more likely to be found in the sky. They also follow the "set" rule.
    Cresselia and Darkrai are intertwined..somehow. They also follow the set rule.
    Manaphy, Shaymin, Heatran, Victini, and Diancie are random encounters.

Ok. I guess that covers them all. Can you tell me what Legends are caught so I know who I can and cannot go for?

Sure. I guess that's ok. Makes your planning a little easier. These Legends have been caught at least once since the reboot:

Regice
    Groudon
    Cobalion

And..that's it!
    Last edited by Greyfox; 3rd February 2015 at 10:42 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Serebii I think you mean celebi

Veteran Trainer

<.< Going back in the SZ.

I need another team member and I realize I do not own it. Might be a long trip, so fair warning.

I will be taking...Elegance, Vigilance and Darwin with me. That should cover my needs. I'll only need three Ultra Balls as well.

Elegance- Virizion w Justified
    Vigilance-Pidgeot w Keen Eye
    Darwin-Kangaskhan w Scrappy

Any takers? Oh and I'll start in Living Savannah.

Bank link

Entertaining quotes!

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

OSLO ACCEPTS YOUR QUEST!

Except now that we have new SZ Refs I think it's fair to let them have a go. D: So Oslo will regrettably back off.

Veteran Trainer

I was figuring you would try to grab it. Lets see if any newer ref snags it.

Entertaining quotes!

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

O hai der. I remember the only SZ trip I reffed was yours. Up for some deja vu?

Veteran Trainer

You take it, im down.

Entertaining quotes!

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm buying a Great Ball (Bank). In an attempt to drum up business for myself, I'm offering it free to my first customer.

WOWZER THIS IS A GREAT DEAL BUY NOW ONE TIME ONLY
    (maybe).

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

oooh, this is interesting. I'm extremely low on funds, but I can be your first customer if it means a free great ball :3

i'll go in with my female ralts w/ synchronize.

sry this SZ probably won't last long xD
    oh, and I'll go in to... Grave's Yard, I guess (I could use a ghost type on my team.)
    Last edited by BTPoke; 19th May 2012 at 07:00 AM.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Sold! Or not.. I guess. I'll have your first round up for you in a sec.

Just gonna go ahead and say that my current adventure is nearing completion, so I'm gonna end up jumping right back in there ASAP. Sooo, who wants to reserve me? :3
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

¬¬...?

Entertaining quotes!

Hrm?
    -Grey

Elite Trainer

Well if no one goes for it, I'll do it. Then all I'll need is MLG, then all the mods will be in the same area and I'll trap them in my giant cage and RULE THE ASB WITH AN IRON FIST!

So yeah, I'll take you on.

Master Trainer

Well, after approximately an hour of R&R, it's time for Oslo to return to the Safari Zone. He's bringing the following Pogeys:

He's buying five Ultra Balls and will be starting things on Trolgar Mountain!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

InB4theothers x3

I'm just about to write out the mock reffing again, so when I get approved can I take on your adventure Oslo? All of the other new refs already have their own people, I think... xD

Yoink!

[Edit] How did you get there first, Cyn!?

Nevermind, I'll concede as long as you can get approved.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Lmao.

You guys work it out between yourselves. I'm fine either way.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Yoink!

[Edit] How did you get there first, Cyn!?

Nevermind, I'll concede as long as you can get approved.
    Sneaky sneaky. >.>

Lol, sorry about that Grey! xD My mock reffing will be up asap, hopefully sometime tonight.

Veteran Trainer

To be fair...Grey's adventure is nearing completion...so there won't be a long wait.

Entertaining quotes!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

My adventure with Greyfox is over. I need a new one.

Payment for 5 Ultraballs!

Taking with me:

Boom, the shiny female Magmortar with Flame Body;
    Raffelisia, the female Vileplume with Effect Spore; and
    Buzzer, the Flygon with Levitate.

Its hunting time!

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

If you don't mind me taking your adventure again, Aye, I'm down for another round.

Also, I'm purchasing one of each ball (-9 points) and heading right back into the zone.

Oslo kinda said he'd be very interested in taking me (sorry, Rossy), so I'm gonna take him up on that offer. Let's go for Dysfunctionland this time. I'm itchin' for some new scenary.

Hm... now who to take? Let's go with some newbies who've never been in the zone:

Chopin, my male kricketune [@Technician].
    Megazord, my fuggin' awesome golurk [@Iron Fist] and
    Inverted Duckbut, my porygon-z [@Download].
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Cool beans!

Expect it up tomorrow.

Excellent!
    -Grey

Elite Trainer

I was actually planning to hand it over to Chaos as he doesn't have anyone yet. Should have said earlier.

Aye -- then he should take Ayeun. It'd be a good way to introduce him, methinks.
    -Grey

I'm cool ether way. New guy Chaos, or old man Grey works for me. Let me know when it's up boys!

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

It's fine if someone else wants to take Aye, I'm actually posting from my iPhone so it's hard to do any reffings from this, still waiting to buy more bandwidth on my wireless card so I can start posting again on my laptop

Ok Chaos...

So who wants me? EPIC ADVENTUAR, right here!

Elite Trainer

ME! jk, I don't think i have the creative skills quite yet for safari reffing. someone else can take her xD

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I could try it, if you want.
    I've written RP adventures before, so I don't think it'll be that bad. I'll have to design a new template, but it shouldn't take that long.

Gigya, are you on the SZ ref list?

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Not at the moment.
    But it does mention that any approved ref can sign on as one.
    Haven't really seen a sign on page, or any other information on how to sign up as one.
    Figured I'd get my piece in, though.
    If you don't want to take me because the process might take a bit, I'm fine with that.

If you get approved, sure. I don't mind waiting.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

So according to the rules I can become a SZ ref just by becoming a normal ref?
    Alright then, can I become a SZ ref?

Veteran Trainer

I know I wrote in a clause saying that we need SZ refs. So go ahead and apply and we will take care of the rest.

Entertaining quotes!

I've already sent out SZ invites to Gigya and Era. Let's see how they do.
    -Grey

Alright Gigya, You have my quest. Start your topic, and I will post!

Elite Trainer

I'd like to sign up to be a SZ ref (although by now i dont think we need any more) to kind of try it, see how my story-telling skills are.