Thread: TPML Safari Zone

Threaded View

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: TPML Safari Zone

Oslo has something to bring up!

So Perfect Chaos and I were chatting on Facebook and we concluded that we have been in the Safari Zone an insane amount of time: me since May 23rd, 2012 and him since June 26th, 2012. We're both approaching the three-year mark. That's maybe a little long, right? The quests are inventive and imaginative and all that good stuff, so there have been some fun times along the way, but we want to make sure we don't continue to let Safari Zone quests snowball over crazy long periods.

Anyway, we thought it might be helpful to institute some more specific recommendations about how long these quests should last. Right now, the only guideline we have is that these things should go on for a minimum of 50 rounds. At some point, refs started to stretch these out into 150+ round extravaganzas, which can be a lot of fun for everyone involved. However, those super-involved quests only work when the ref has enough time and motivation to really commit. For example, some Safari Zone refs can only commit to one round a week, and that's totally fine, in which case these refs probably should perhaps consider capping their adventures at 50-something rounds, resulting in roughly a year-long quest. If the ref can average two rounds a week, broadening the quest into the 50-100 round range would be fitting, as that would last six months to a year. And if the ref can average three rounds a week for the entire quest, maybe then they can feel comfortable entering 150 round territory—but otherwise, there's no need to set your sights this high.

I hope that makes sense. Again, we love our quests, but we see a number of people who have been stuck in the Safari Zone for a while and that's probably worth avoiding if at all possible.
    Last edited by Oslo; 3rd January 2015 at 04:30 PM.