Thread: And now, a taste of things to come...

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Canada"

Default And now, a taste of things to come...

Is it really April already?

Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday, when a starry-eyed, 15 year old Mewfour first hit CRTL+V and made his first mark on Internet fanfiction. 19 years ago, on 1 April 2000, I introduced the world to Pokèmon, Asylum of the Devitory Style, and the wild ride that followed both in and out of topic is the stuff of TPM legend. Now, I could go on and on, prattling about days long since behind us, but let's not dwell in the past. Instead, let's focus on the future.

Yeah, I'm still writing stuff, because I am a huge nerd. Not writing nearly as much as I used to, but the kid in my heart isn't ready for that gentle good night just yet. While I've recently gone years without updating my fics, nowadays it's been with purpose. See, I'm working on something. Something that, after finishing Unleashed, I've put everything- and I mean everything, else on hold for. No Pipeball Ultra. No Rumble of the Robot Masters. Nothing but a brand new fic that for YEARS has been a long-kept secret. Until now.

Mark your calendars. In exactly one year, on 1 April 2020, the 20th anniversary of PADS, the legend begins anew. And it will be called, Pokèmon, Asylum of the Devitory Style, X!

In the meantime? I'll be dropping more juicy bits in this thread about PADSX. In May, we'll be introduced to the cast... and possibly some other things too. Be here.
    [img][/img]

Mewfour is a Canadian writer and longtime TPM veteran.
    Over his impressive 9-year ficcing career he has won 5
    Silver Pencils and 3 Golden Pen awards, and currently holds
    the record for most times won Most Evil Fanficcer (3)

He's also not above posting stuff about himself in the third person.

I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: And now, a taste of things to come...

Congratulates! I cannot wait for your historical updates. Cast introduction sounds interesting.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

So how about we set the stage? PADSX will be a direct sequel to PADS, set 20 years after our former hero, Tom Simms, captured the Pokemon League Championship. It'll be set in a completely different region too, one which native Pokèmon exist outside of the official 800-plus. That's the reason behind my XDex project- PADSX will contain mostly original Pokèmon- some are related to real Pokèmon, some are completely different and like nothing you've ever seen. Now, that's not to say that we won't be seeing the canon Pokèmon, but for the most part, it's all Asylum.

When I said the legend begins again, my choice of words was deliberate. PADSX will focus on brand new characters too, as they embark on a completely new trainer journey. Of course Tom gets a mention every now and then, or more, but as promised, here's the new cast!

Rob Nuveau
    The main character of PADSX is this young man, Rob Nuveau. Our story begins on his 16th birthday, and the first day of his adventure. In the second chapter, he takes his first steps outside of IDK town. IDK town is a placeholder name for a town I haven't named yet. Let's hope I remember to replace it in a year, like I didn't do with Tom's placeholder name of ttt. Haha, remember that? Well, I sure do. Much like Tom, Rob usually leaps well before he looks. If only he had someone like Porygon to keep him on a leash...

Tia Hudson
    Rob's best friend and travel buddy (and aforementioned leash). They've been friends since childhood, so any kind of romance between them would be awkward (though it doesn't stop Rob's mother from playing matchmaker). She and Rob start their journey together, and she will usually be the one getting them out of whatever mayhem Rob gets them into.

Will Tenebrisson
    The bad guy. Well, I shouldn't say bad guy. He is a huge prick, though, and he'll be a constant thorn in our intrepid duo's sides. I'm sure he has his reasons though. There's a lot going on up in that head of his, and not very much of it is pleasant.

Stay tuned for June's update, wherein I will reveal a brand new Asylum literature experience- one that is the first of its kind for me. Be here.
    [img][/img]

I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Cool! You said some of your new Pokemon are related to real Pokemon, so there are new evolutions to look forward to?

Also, you are aware that Pokemon Shield and Sword are coming out this year, aren't you? You could use those Pokemon as a base, too!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I have a number of Eeveelutions in mind, but obviously not all of them will end up making the cut. So yes, there will be new evolutions of existing Pokèmon. Primarily, though, it's completely new Pokèmon.
    [img][/img]