Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, BTPoke, Cynder)

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Shinsuke Volcano
    This Volcanic Island - previously hidden away; can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire Types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying Pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall Pagoda stands on the Island as well, the only man-made structure here. If you fish from shore, Water Pokemon encounter rates are the same as for Tranquil Shores.

‡ Round 109 ‡

Druddigon continues Outraging madly, clobbering Rosalinda over and over with everything she's got. Rosalinda, meanwhile, finds that her body is again overcome with Paralysis... but, when movement returns, she glows with Psychic power and smiles wickedly. Druddigon tries to continue her melee assault, but Rosalinda's Psychic attack prevents such from happening. Instead, Rosalinda causes Druddigon to bash herself in the face with those wicked claws, doing super effective damage. Eek. That looks painful.

All this Outraging appears to have taken its toll on Druddigon. She stumbles, visibly Confused. She starts smacking herself in the face again, but not because Rosalinda is forcing her to. Rosalinda, meanwhile, blasts the Dragon with another Icy Wind.

Hey! Critical hit!

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Throw Pokeball

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, BTPoke, Cynder)

hit her once more with an icy wind, then I'll throw the pokeball.

Master Trainer

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Shinsuke Volcano
    This Volcanic Island - previously hidden away; can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire Types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying Pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall Pagoda stands on the Island as well, the only man-made structure here. If you fish from shore, Water Pokemon encounter rates are the same as for Tranquil Shores.

‡ Round 110 ‡

Druddigon's body locks up with Paralysis as Rosalinda blasts the Dragon with one final Icy Wind. You pluck the remaining Pokeball from your belt and remember that, yes, this is the one you nicked from the pile of goods back in the Old Village's sewer... and it hits you exactly how far you've come.

Well, no time for nostalgia. It's catching time!

You whip the Pokeball at Druddigon and watch as she's sucked into its hollow chamber. The ball falls to the ground.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

And...

Click!

Suddenly, you're teleported to the Safari Zone's main station. The Abra hands over four Pokeballs containing Chinchou, Dratini, Eevee and Druddigon. She wishes you the best as your quest comes to a close.

Adventcha Complete!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available
    n/a

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

awesome! Thanks for reffing for me, oslo!

Master Trainer

The pleasure was all mine.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Wait.. this was my entire reason for coming to Ruskie Tundra. I'm delivering your medical package! I do like a good package.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Cynder)

ffffff-

I'm sorry sir, I was never taught how to use that move! I normally use Thunderbolt against water types, and to hit ground and rock types I just use Fighting type attacks. It's never really been a neccessary move for me to use!

Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Cynder)

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Ruskie Tundra
    This wide expanse of icy land extends as far as the eyes can see. Rolling snow dunes and harsh hailing conditions make it an idea place for Ice Pokemon, and only the sturdiest of winter loving beasts.

‡ Round 38 ‡

You hand over the package to Barnabas and he looks inside. You see that in contains various antidotes and other medical supplies.

"Thank you!" the Lopunny says. "Now I'll be able to make a proper splint. Hold still, little one."

Barnabas secures a splint for the little Stantler's leg then gets up and looks over at Froslass and Snorunt hovering near the entrance of the cavern.

"Do you know if they need anything?" he asks you.

How do you proceed?

> Why, yes, they do!
    > Nah, they're probs alright

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

CYNDER'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 41 ‡

"Hrm," Mr. Mime says disapprovingly as you offer an excuse. "It's important to master a plenitude of moves, Cynder, as you never know when you'll be up against something like a Swampert. Now, this is interesting... you seem to be well-versed in theory but behind in terms of some of battling's practical aspects. Well, I'm curious to see how you'll pass this next test. I want to see your tactical know-how in action. Sabaku, Brenton, Rhode, come to the front of the room. Cynder, you'll command them like a Pokemon trainer in a battle against me. If you win, I'll send you to see Headmistress Ernesta so you can get your timetable fixed. That said, I wouldn't get your hopes up. You're all unevolved Pokemon and I have been battling for quite some time, so don't take it personally if you lose, mmkay?"

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Decline

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

The Snorunt looks ill, I think it's making the Forslass more concerned for their safety which is why she's lashing out at everyone who comes across her. Right now, she's probably more frightened than her child is. I convinced her to come, so i'll accompany you if you wish to speak to her.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay then, fine by me! For now, I'll use Rhode to battle.

Alrighty then, we don't want to ruin the classroom, so let's take it easy! Start off with a Drill Run, followed by Crunch and finish with a Megahorn.

Master Trainer

Ruskie Tundra
    This wide expanse of icy land extends as far as the eyes can see. Rolling snow dunes and harsh hailing conditions make it an idea place for Ice Pokemon, and only the sturdiest of winter loving beasts.

‡ Round 39 ‡

You lead Barnabas over to cavern's threshold where Froslass and Snorunt hang back with trepidation.

Barnabas examines the little Snorunt, who's still flushed and starts coughing.

"I have just the thing for the little guy," Barnabas murmurs, pulling a Full Restore out of his box. "Now, hold still while I administer this."

Froslass hesitates as Barnabas points the bottle at her child, but she sees that you are on Barnabas's side and appears somewhat calmed by this fact. Barnabas sprays the medicine all over Snorunt and, in moments, the red in the child's face begins to fade. The little guy jumps up and down, energetic and happy.

"Well, that's that," Barnabas says. "Your child ought to be good as new."

Tears begin to well in Froslass's eyes as she inclines her head toward you and Barnabas. Even without words, you know she is offering her thanks. She hoists Snorunt into her arms and then steps outside. A swell of snow rises and, soon, they are gone.

"Thank you for delivering my supplies, human," Barnabas says. "I wasn't aware the Skyline Terrace Post Office employed Pokemon trainers, but, well, there you go. Listen, I want you to have something. Wait here."

He scurries off down one of the tunnels and returns after no more than a minute. He's holding a map in his hands.

"It's really all I have to give. Take it," he tells you, holding the map out. "It's a map of the Underground Mausoleum beneath Crush Quarry. It plots various fossils that you can find and restore. You might use it, you might not, but I want to give you something nonetheless."

How do you proceed?

> Remain here
    > Depart

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 42 ‡

You decide to use Rhode against Mr. Mime first.

"Don't worry, Rhode," Mr. Mime says, folding his arms smugly. "I don't expect you to be able to do any harm to me. You are, after all, a child. Be sure to give it your best shot!"

And so Rhode does. With all the strength of a Rhyperior, he drives his horn like a drill into Mr. Mime's leg, causing the lanky Pokemon to yelp loudly. He quickly looks embarrassed by his outburst.

"Er, not that that hurt or anything," Mr. Mime says. "No, uh, of course not."

Mr. Mime proceeds to enter a meditative state in order to Calm his Mind. Once he's reached an appropriate state of nirvana, he snatches up Rhode with Psychic energy and then slams him against the ground with a great deal of vigour.

"Don't worry, little one," he says. "I'm sure that hurt, but it's all part of the--"

Mr. Mime never gets to finish his sentence on account of how Rhode leaps up and Crunches his fearsome fangs around the teacher's face. Mr. Mime flails his arms around wildly and the class begins laughing hysterically. When Mr. Mime manages to free himself, he stumbles backward in a daze and tries to retaliate with a Focus Blast. However, he's so shocked by the ordeal that his attack misses Rhode entirely and strikes a globe at the front of the room. The globe bursts. Rhode finishes this round by goring Mr. Mime in the chest with a powerful Megahorn.

"Okay, okay, uh, you had the element of surprise on your side," Mr. Mime says as he recovers from that attack. "Beginner's luck is what we'll call it. Here, now you swap out with someone less stro-- er, someone who hasn't yet had a chance to go, I mean. Sabaku? It's your turn."

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands to Sabaku
    > Decline

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

A map, this is interesting, I had no idea there was anything hidden under Crush Quarry. But less haste. We're in these beautiful tunnels, so let's explore them a little first.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay then Sabaku, let's go!

Go with Bug Bite to start with, then hit him hard with Faint Attack and Crunch!

Master Trainer

Ruskie Tundra

‡ Round 40 ‡

You take the map but decide that, rather than setting out, you'd like to explore Diamond Dust Cavern a little further. Taking one of the winding tunnels, you and your Pokemon trek through the cave, still warm thanks to those handy-dandy fur coats. Now that you're no longer worrying about any sick or injured Pokemon, you can fully appreciate the silver-blue gleam to the cavern's walls.

After a few minutes, you come out into a large room. It's filled with no less than seven sleeping bears.

Man, you sure have encountered a lot of Pokefamilies...

How do you proceed?

> Tiptoe past
    > Make loud, sudden noises!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 44 ‡

Rhode swaps out as Sabaku steps up in his stead. She scuttles forward and chomps down on one of Mr. Mime's ankles. He lets out a pained shout.

"A Ground-type, eh," Mr. Mime says as she shakes off the pain. His body takes on a luminous green glow as his body absorbs light from the windows.

While Mr. Mime charges, Sabaku pops out of existence and reappears beneath Mr. Mime. With a poised slashing motion, she tears into the teacher with a strike of concentrated Dark-type energy. Mr. Mime does an about-face and blasts Sabaku with a close-range SolarBeam. She's promptly thrown into the classroom door.

"Sorry to subdue you like that," Mr. Mime says breathlessly. "I'll understand if you can battle no further, Sabaku. My SolarBeam is, after all, one of my most deadly--"

And again Mr. Mime finds himself unable to finish a sentence. Sabaku bounds back and locks her wide jaws over his face, preventing him from doing anything but teetering about blindly. He tries to retaliate with an Energy Ball, but his disorientation causes the attack to miss by a considerable distance. It instead collides with one of the overhead fluorescent lights which bursts in a shower of glass.

"My apologies," Mr. Mime says in a very muffled way as he wrenches Sabaku off of his head. "Er, okay, Brenton! You're up. Yes, a Pokemon with no Bug, Dark or Ghost moves. Now there's no way I can lose... out on this wonderful opportunity to teach you about battling! Er, yeah."

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands to Brenton
    > Decline

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 15th May 2012 at 06:41 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

A full health and full energy pokemon against a weakened opponent? Awesome, I can go all out with recoil moves! Flare blitz followed by double edge add finish with another flare blitz!

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 45 ‡

You're not entirely sure how Mr. Mime thinks he can still win this, but he attempts nonetheless. He hoists Brenton into the air and tosses him against the chalk board, smearing his blue skin with white. However, Brenton charges at Mr. Mime and lays into him with a series of physical swipes. Mr. Mime busts out the DoubleSlaps and tries to subdue Brenton, but it doesn't quite pan out. Even with recoil damage, Brenton defeats Mr. Mime with minimal effort. The teacher falls.

The class gasps and lean over in their seats. After a second, you hear a noise.

"Ow," Mr. Mime moans as he pulls himself up. "Okay, okay. Cynder, your strategic skills far outstrip Battle Tactics 101. Were this a more advanced context, I, er, really would have felt comfortable bringing the heat against you guys. Nonetheless, Cynder, feel free to go to Headmistress Ernesta's office so your timetable can be fixed. Sabaku, Brenton, Rhode, you all can go with her and do the same. You three battled like fully evolved Pokemon, not children. Well done."

Mr. Mime snaps his fingers and heals all of you with a Healing Wish before ushering you out into the hallway. Suddenly, you hear Steve through the transmitted.

"Sorry to eavesdrop, Cynder," Steve says. "I could hear everything going around you. Good work, by the way. If you're coming out of Mr. Mime's classroom, take a left and the stairs leading up to Ernesta's office should be at the end of the corridor."

How do you proceed?

> Find the office
    > Explore the school a little longer

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I think we'll go and find Ernesta!

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 46 ‡

You make your way to the staircase without interruption and take the steps all the way to the top floor of the school. Once there, you find Ernesta's office rather easily. The words HEADMISTRESS'S OFFICE are stamped on the door in black.

How do you proceed?

> Enter wearing your disguises
    > Wash off the disguises first

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I think I'll wash off my own disguise, but leave Sabaku, Brenton and Rhode as they are because I don't particularly want her to get intimidated and call guards or something. Then I'll knock, best to be polite!

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 47 ‡

You approach a nearby drinking fountain and splash a little water onto you. Salvador's paint runs rather easily, revealing the human beneath the Mankey exterior. Sabaku, Brenton and Rhode don't necessarily look thrilled about having to continue looking like first-stage Pokemon, but they don't put up a fight.

You knock on the door to Ernesta's office and hear her beckon you in. You open the door and step into a large, orderly room in which an Ariados is seated behind an old oak desk. She seems bewildered to see a human.

"Can I help you?" she asks in an intimidating manner.

How do you proceed?

> Oh, golly, where to begin...
    > Umnothingnevermind.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ernesta, I believe you may have information on the legendary Pokemon Reshiram? I'm currently searching for it, thus I would like to make a trade of info; you tell me what you know about Reshiram, and when I find it I'll tell you all I discover.

What makes you think you can trust me? Well, I'm the one who captured that Giratina that got loose in Crush Quarry not too long ago; and one of the Pokemon that I have with me right now was in the Quarry at the time, I caught him not long afterwards.

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 48 ‡

You explain your desire for Reshiram to Ernesta. She seems skeptical right up until you mention Giratina. Suddenly, her stern demeanour melts away into a gleeful, almost childlike disposition.

"That was you?" she says in disbelief. "Incredible! I used to conduct digs in Crush Quarry to find Legendary artefacts, you know. I was the one who first found the secret chamber in the Escapee Tunnel where the Griseous Orb was being held, though that was years and years ago. A pity it had to be destroyed. I'm usually quite reticent when it comes to my knowledge on Legendary Pokemon, you see, because of the disastrous consequences that could arise if the information got into the wrong hands, but if you managed to capture Giratina then I trust you. Reshiram and its pair, Zekrom, are much the same. Their essences lie in artefacts known as Light Stones and Dark Stones. Once you have collected three Stones of the same colour, you must take them to Platrin Plateau where the essences can be extracted and the Dragon you seek can be restored to its corporeal form. Though the Stones are scattered throughout the Safari Zone, you won't need to resort of guesswork to find them. You see, once you have found one Light Stone, it will provide you with a series of flashes that will help you locate the next. It's as simple as that. Of course, finding that first Light Stone might prove to be the hard part."

A self-satisfied smile flits across Ernesta's face. She's holding something back.

How do you proceed?

> Well, I'm off, then!
    > Ask for more information

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 16th May 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

...And where might this stone be located?

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 49 ‡

Ernesta smiles.

"I have it," she says simply. "I have both a Light Stone and a Dark Stone."

How do you proceed?

> Ask for the Stone

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

oshit. Tip toe past, for the love of god, don't make any sounds!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

...And lemme guess. You're going to make me find the grey stone and bring it back to you before I can get the other 2, right?

Master Trainer

Ruskie Tundra

‡ Round 41 ‡

Deciding these guys don't look like they want to be woken, you carefully tiptoe past the sleeping Pokemon.

Just when you think you've made it, Beartic lets out a weird gurgling noise in his sleep and rolls over. Tesla manages to avoid getting squished by the bear's bulky body, but he's not entirely of the woods. Beartic's heavy arm lands right on top of Tesla's back, pinning your Manectric to the ground. He tries to wiggle free but can't.

Beartic keeps on sleeping.

How do you proceed?

> Try to yank him out
    > Try to move the Beartic
    > Wake 'em up

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 50 ‡

Ernesta lets out a boisterous laugh.

"Oh, I wouldn't make you do that," Ernesta says. "I have no qualms with letting you have my Light Stone. I only ask that you let me come with you. I've considered seeking out the other Stones and restoring Reshiram and Zekrom myself, but I'm starting to get on in years. I wonder if it's time for me to retire and pass on the torch to a new generation of Legend hunters. Getting the opportunity to watch you do battle with Reshiram would be the crown jewel of a spectacular career. What do you say?"

How do you proceed?

> Sure
    > Pfft, no way, Grandma

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh, that'd be great! Do you need to prepare anything before we leave?

Master Trainer

.... *swallows cry of horror*

Hanzo, gently lift the Beartic's arm with Telekinesis and hold it in the air. Tesla, make a quick Substitute and then get out of there, Hanzo lower the arm gently back onto the substitute, and then we'll make our getaway. Let's be as quiet as possible! Hanzo, if the bear wakes up, send it back to sleep with Hypnosis.

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 51 ‡

Ernesta joins your party.

"I only need to grab the Light Stone and then we're off," Ernesta says, scuttling out from behind her desk. "Follow me!"

She leads you out of her office and down the stairs. Once you're back on the ground floor, Ernesta takes you through a few corridors until you return to a familiar location: the basement entrance. A bad feeling starts to overcome you at this point but you push it out of your head. Ernesta leads you down the steps into the room with all the miscellaneous desks, tables and chairs. You follow her down the left corridor to the reinforced door with the keypad. At this point, the bad feeling returns with doubled weight.

You watch as Ernesta punches the six-digit password into the keypad and the door clicks open. She scuttles toward one of the shelves and peruses it carefully. After a few minutes of increasingly anxious searching, she turns to you with a look of concern on her face.

"I... I don't understand!" she exclaims. "This doesn't make any sense. I was down here just this morning to check on things and my Light Stone was right here! It's supposed to be in a small white box, but now I can't find it anywhere. I think it's been taken!"

Your Pokemon look at you with guilty expressions.

How do you proceed?

> Explain what happened
    > Speak with Steve

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

What? Urk, I think I know where that might be... Damn Steve tricked me!

Master Trainer

Ruskie Tundra

‡ Round 42 ‡

You devise some cunning measures to get you out of your predicament. Hanzo Telekinetically hoists Beartic's arm into the air as Tesla creates a Substitute before scurrying away to safety. Your eyes on the slumbering bears, you tiptoe out of the chamber... until your foot comes down on something hard. You turn around and see that you have stepped on the foot of a particularly large and angry Mamoswine.

She appears to be going on a leisurely walk through the cavern, though it doesn't seem like she enjoys being stepped on. Mamoswine lets out a deafening Roar that wakes the sleeping bears. Frig.

Hanzo tries to Hypnotize them back to sleep, but a few more Roars manage to intimidate your Gallade into inaction.

How do you proceed?

> Fight!
    > Runrunrun!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

;D

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 52 ‡

"Steve... you wouldn't happen to be referring to Steven W. Porygon?" Ernesta asks in disbelief. "And his Smeargle friend Salvador? Fool, what have you done? Explain yourself!"

How do you proceed?

> Explain what happened
    > Speak with Steve

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 16th May 2012 at 01:33 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Damnitk I'm sorry I needed to get access into the school and they were the only way for me to get in.... I would've checked the box, but honestly they said it contained an.... unsavoury comic and I really didn't want to see that. I'll get it back from them, don't worry. They'll find it difficult to argue with these three!

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 53 ‡

You explain what happened. Before Ernesta can chastise you further, Steve's voice comes in from the other end of the transmitter. Ernesta seems to notice your earpiece for the first time.

"So you figured it out," Steve says. "Thanks for getting us that Light Stone, Cynder! Not only that, but we heard your little chat with Ernesta. Don't even bother trying to find us. Salvador Sketched some wings for himself and we're presently Flying to the location of the next Light Stone. Pretty soon we'll have Reshiram and all of its power under our command. Smell ya later!"

The line goes dead. Who does he think he is, Gary Oak?

"You imbecile!" Ernesta shrieks. "You don't understand. Steven W. Porygon and Salvador Q. Smeargle were two of the most troubled students this school has ever seen. They were expelled a couple of years ago after they tried to steal the Light Stone from this room. Now that they have it they'll try to resurrect Reshiram. To let them command such power would be disastrous."

All of a sudden, Ernesta looks like she has an epiphany. She continues searching the shelves a little more until she finds another box almost identical to the one you took except this one is black. She opens the box and pulls out the Dark Stone. It shines like obsidian even in the dim light.

"At least they don't have this," she says.

How do you proceed?

> Figure out what to do next

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay then, I think we'd best be going. Brenton; use Foresight to try and locate them. In the meantime it looks like we'll have to try and use that black stone. Ernesta, how exactly do the visions from the stones work?