Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We can dance if we want to! Mikachu vs. Grey (ref: Oslo)

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default We can dance if we want to! Mikachu vs. Grey (ref: Oslo)

Okay, guys. Combat Disco has been empty for too long. That's why I've decided to rent out my Gym for a 3 on 3. Any takers?

Here are the rules:

Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.

Every time a Pokemon on the field faints, the type of music changes and brings about a new effect. Though this music is of adequate volume, rest assured that it will never be so loud as to drown out sound moves used by the battlers. Additionally, even if your Pokemon has the Soundproof ability or is battling with their fingers in their ears or is attempting to destroy our indestructible speakers, it doesn’t matter: no Pokemon can avoid hearing the music no matter what. After all, you can’t stop the beat!

Once the music ends, the accompanying effect will fully and completely come to an end as well. The following is a list of the various genres played at Combat Disco and their attendant effects:

‡ Category O ‡

Top 40: This style of music always plays from the beginning of the match until the first Pokemon faints; it possesses no additional effect
    Reggae: This style of music always plays after four Pokemon have reached 0 HP; after the next Pokemon is released but before commands are issued, the Gym Leader and then the challenger will openly declare one move known by the opposing Pokemon for it to “forget” for the duration of this effect

‡ Category A ‡

Easy Listening: Both Pokemon may only use one damage-dealing super effective move per round
    Punk: The first Pokemon (ie. top row or lefthand column of the reffing template) receives +4 Att/+4 Def and the second receives +4 SpA/+4 SpD
    Emo: Every action there’s a 20% chance a Pokemon will disobey its trainer’s orders and use Fake Tears instead (the Pokemon will manage to use Fake Tears regardless of whatever other status effects are in play, including but not limited to Sleep or Taunt, or even if they can’t actually learn Fake Tears)
    Screamo: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Torment until the music ends
    Rap: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Taunt until the music ends
    Tribal: An irreplaceable weather effect that negates any other existing/future weather effects occurs

‡ Category B ‡

Oldies: Attacks are either increased or decreased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: +5 HP | Generation II: +3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: -3 HP | Generation V: -5 HP
    Dubstep: Attacks are either decreased or increased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: -5 HP | Generation II: -3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: +3 HP | Generation V: +5 HP
    Country: Both Pokemon may only use moves with names that are nine characters or less (including spaces and punctuation)
    Chiptunes: Both Pokemon can only use moves they or their previous evolution learn by TM/HM

‡ Category C ‡

Heavy Metal: Both Pokemon have their ability changed to Heavy Metal
    Rock: Both Pokemon have their type changed to Rock
    Polka: Both Pokemon have their ability changed randomly at the end of every round
    Folk: Both Pokemon become typeless

‡ Category D ‡

Classical: In addition to their regular movepool, both Pokemon may use any move learnable by Kricketune

The choice of music, determined by the referee DJ, is not completely random. There is a 40% chance the genre of music played will be selected from Category A, a 30% chance it will be selected from Category B, a 25% chance it will be selected from Category C and a 5% chance it will be selected from Category D. The DJ should bear this in mind while selecting music. As well, the DJ is reminded to inform the battlers what the change in music will be before the change actually takes effect.

Since Combat Disco is a disability-friendly Gym, should either battler send out a Pokemon that requires water in order to fight, a section of the dance floor will retract to reveal a pool large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. Because the pool is located under the dance floor, patrons are reminded that Digging is not in their best interests. Furthermore, should any weather effects come into play, part of the roof will automatically pull back and open up the club interior to the sky.

Those who successfully defeat Combat Disco's Gym Leader will receive the Glitter Ball Badge as well as the house TM, Teeter Dance, which is currently used by Snore Warrior, La Polla Loca, La Princess, Flower, King Thrashypants and Puff. It may be taught to any single Pokemon with legs that has competed in the Gym challenge.
    No banned moves. Once I have two participants, I'll flip a coin to determine who releases first.
    Last edited by Oslo; 6th November 2014 at 12:08 PM.

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: We can dance if we want to! ??? vs. ??? (ref: Oslo)

I'd like to try this. I actually have some extra time, as my Japanese course didn't make it.

Unless there is some super-stressful short DQ time.

I'm in!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Let's go, then! Heads Mikachu releases, tails Grey releases. A Toonie is flipped, and...

It's heads! Mikachu will release first. Grey will release second and attack first.

Default Re: We can dance if we want to! Mikachu vs. Grey (ref: Oslo)

But is the DQ time 2 weeks? I still can make it one week if you wish so though.

Anyhow, go Fenlong, my male Shelgon with Rock Head Ability!

I choose Roswell (F Beheeyem @Analytic) with special move *Psycho Shift! It's about time I started using pokémon never used before.

Ros, let's start things off simply with a
    Safeguard! Then Steel Wing and Zen Headbutt!
    -Grey

Fenlong, just start with double Crunch and then one Bite! Let's see which one flinches!

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

DQ TIME:one week
    BANNED:n/a
    MISC.:n/a

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 100
    100 HP EP 100
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

N/A

crunch
    crunch
    bite

safeguard
    steel wing
    zen headbutt

• ROUND ONE •

TOP 40:
    nicki minaj - anaconda

Welp! I wasn't sure this day was gonna come, but here we are! We find ourselves in the middle of Combat Disco, the dankest, dustiest, most derelict club our little ASB has ever seen. Years of neglect have left the place in a pitiful state, but life seems to be returning to this ramshackle hole-in-the-wall—in the form of two new battlers! On one side we have Mikachu, an ASB old-timer, and on the other we have Greyfox, a Gym Leader-turned-E4-turned-Gym Leader. They release their Pokemon with flashes of light, sending an ambulatory egg creature and an extraterrestrial with M&M's for fingers into the ring. Okay! Time to begin!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    FENLONG
    -6 EP

The quaint, plaintive strains of Nicki Minaj start playing around us as Fenlong and Roswell get down to business. Fenlong begins by tromping over to his opponent and landing a nasty Crunch on her, doing damage that is both super and effective. You might even call it super effective? However, Roswell maintains her moxie and snaps her fingers. A white shroud materializes around her, creating something that is both safe and a guard. You might even call it... a... waitforit... Safeguard!
    ROSWELL
    -12 HP
    -4 EP
    SGD
    FENLONG
    -9 HP
    -6 EP

Fenlong doesn't seem to be the type to fix what ain't broke, so he once again delivers a sickening Crunch on poor Roswell, whose Defence drops as a result. Om nom nom. Alien so tasty. The Beheeyem retaliates with a... eh? Steel Wing? Um. Gimme a sec. *consults Bulbapedia* Okay, so Beheeyem does actually get Steel Wing. How about that. Steel Wing ends up resembling something more along the lines of a Steel Elbow, but it's effectiveness nonetheless. She bludgeons Fenlong over the head with one of her metallic appendages, and it looks like Analytic is adding an extra layer of ouch to the attack.
    ROSWELL
    -12 HP
    -5 EP
    -1 DEF
    FENLONG
    -12 HP
    -4 EP
    Fenlong keeps up his strategy of gobbling Roswell to death with a ferocious Bite to the face. With Fenlong firmly affixed to her head, Roswell glows pink and charges into a pillar. The attack knocks the wind out of Fenlong and sends him tumbling to the ground. This is why it is almost always a good idea to wait until your food is dead before eating it. Lesson learned.
    ROSWELL
    -11 HP
    -6 EP

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    79 HP EP 84
    65 HP EP 85
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

SGD • -1 DEF

NOTES:

• At 0 EP, Pokemon will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed
    TEAM GREYFOX's Safeguard will remain in effect for six more actions
    • It's been a while since I've reffed you two in battle together...
    • I am ridiculously rusty; this reffing took way, way, way too long to put together
    • I might make a post in the Binary District to see if these black table borders can be fixed
    • I'm not really the Top 40 type. Nicki Minaj is what the kids are listening to these days, right? Right?
    TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 8th November 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Fenlong, keep it up with Double-Edge!
    Then another Crunch.
    This round ends with Shadow Claw.

However, if she uses Protect, raise your stats with Hone Claws in the meantime!
    Also, if she uses Attract, Protect from that one yourself!

Reflect, Thunder Wave, Zen Headbutt!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    79 HP EP 84
    65 HP EP 85
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

SGD • -1 DEF

double-edge
    crunch
    shadow claw

reflect
    thunder wave
    zen headbutt

• ROUND TWO •

TOP 40:
    nicki minaj - anaconda

FENLONG
    -10 EP

As the second round begins, Fenlong is rocking a decisive lead, but there's still plenty of room for Roswell to score a comeback. Fenlong recovers from that Zen Headbutt last round and breaks into a wild rampage. The reckless tackle flattens poor Roswell without doing recoil damage to Fenlong thanks to his trusty Rock Head. The beleaguered alien wriggles free, gets a bit of distance and then casts up a translucent silver barrier. Shiny!
    ROSWELL
    -14 HP
    -4 EP
    RFT
    FENLONG
    PAR
    -6 EP
    Fenlong soon learns the truth of Roswell's Reflect. He bounds forward and passes through the energy screen, only to find his physical actions have become a little weak and sluggish. He delivers yet another Crunch to Roswell, but this one doesn't pack the same punch. As Fenlong stands there puzzled with his mouth wrapped around Roswell's arm, he receives a rather unpleasant treat: his alien foe starts generating electricity! Static rips through Fenlong's body as a result. IT BEGINS. And he thought his body was weak and sluggish before...
    ROSWELL
    -7 HP
    -4 EP
    FENLONG
    -10 HP
    -5 EP
    With Fenlong Paralyzed, Roswell has the upper-hand in terms of speed. She delivers another Zen Headbutt, which isn't quiiiite as powerful as the last. Brownie points for anyone who can figure out why! Fenlong retaliates by ripping into her with claws that are radiating a strange, spectral energy. Usually one slices one's food before trying to eat it, but Fenlong is clearly above those insipid bourgeois customs.
    ROSWELL
    -7 HP
    -6 EP

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    69 HP EP 63
    37 HP EP 56
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR

SGD • -1 DEF • RFT

NOTES:

TEAM GREYFOX's Safeguard will remain in effect for three more actions
    TEAM GREYFOX's Reflect will remain in effect for six more actions
    • I'm getting faster!
    TEAM GREYFOX to command next

All-out offensive! Zen Headbutt, Dark Pulse, Rock Slide!
    -Grey

Fenlong, destroy that Reflect with Brick Break!
    Then Façade!
    Finish this round with yet another Shadow Claw!

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS ANACONDA!!!!!! (watching this battle though)

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    69 HP EP 63
    37 HP EP 56
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR

SGD • -1 DEF • RFT

brick break
    facade
    shadow claw

zen headbutt
    dark pulse
    rock slide

• ROUND THREE •

TOP 40:
    nicki minaj - anaconda

FENLONG
    -10 HP
    FLN
    Judging by the look on Roswell's face, she's growing reeeaaal sick of this overgrown volleyball. She spikes him across the dance floor with a swift and effective Zen Headbutt, which leaves Fenlong on the ground in a daze. Point, Roswell!
    ROSWELL
    -6 EP

FENLONG
    -8 HP
    -5 EP
    As Fenlong climbs to his feet, Roswell knocks him down again with a cold sweep of black energy. Fenlong growls. Looks like someone woke up on the ornery side of the bed this morning. He barrels straight into Roswell, pinning her to the floor and lashing out with a series of ass-random physical blows. Easy, turbo.
    ROSWELL
    -8 HP
    -6 EP
    FENLONG
    -8 HP
    FLN
    Roswell wriggles from her four-legged foe and gets a little bit of distance. She then snaps her fingers, causing a rift to open up in the ceiling. Boulders spill out one after the next, clobbering Fenlong something nasty. Once again, the Shelgon is dazed and unable to retaliate. Them's the breaks.

Suddenly, Roswell's Safeguard vanishes.
    ROSWELL
    -6 EP
    SGD NO MORE

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    43 HP EP 58
    29 HP EP 38
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR

-1 DEF • RFT

NOTES:

TEAM GREYFOX's Reflect will remain in effect for three more actions

Let's try something else, Rain Dance!
    Then, double Hydro Pump!

If she tries to Protect from Hydro Pump, Hone Claws!

Imprison on Rain Dance, Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    43 HP EP 58
    29 HP EP 38
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR

-1 DEF • RFT

rain dance
    hydro pump
    hydro pump

imprison
    zen headbutt
    rock slide

• ROUND FOUR •

TOP 40:
    nicki minaj - anaconda

FENLONG
    RAIN DANCE
    CAN'T MOVE!
    Fenlong's dominant lead has been slowly whittled away over the past couple of rounds, so it remains to be seen whether he can stem the bleeding and finish this alien off once and for all. He breaks into a half-hearted little jig and looks up at the Gym's retractable ceiling, expecting to see it open wide with rain... but it does not. Bewildered, Fenlong then looks at Roswell, who snickers. What did she just do?
    ROSWELL
    -8 EP

FENLONG
    -10 HP
    -10 EP
    Psychic energy envelops Roswell's cranium as she speeds toward Fenlong. The attack collides, sending Fenlong sliding backwards across the dance floor. Fortunately, he manages to get back up and, without warning, unleashes a propulsive blast of water. Roswell sure as heck ain't smirking no more as she's blasted clear out the emergency exit. Gurl just got bounced.
    ROSWELL
    -12 HP
    -6 EP
    FENLONG
    -8 HP
    CAN'T MOVE!
    Roswell, drenched and livid, comes tromping back into Combat Disco... with a vengeance. Before Fenlong can even think about reproducing his aquatic shenanigans, Paralysis locks him up, creating an opening for Roswell to bury him alive beneath another bevy of rocks. Beheeyem's moveset is weird.

Roswell's Reflect winks out of existence.
    ROSWELL
    -6 EP
    RFT NO MORE

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    25 HP EP 48
    17 HP EP 18
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR • RAIN DANCE

-1 DEF

NOTES:

• Fenlong's Imprisonment will remain in effect indefinitely, or until another move of his is Imprisoned

Let's try combining Dark Pulse, Zen Headbutt, and Shadow Ball into a powerful technique! If he tries to Protect, use Imprison instead of Zen Headbutt!
    -Grey

And I'll have Fenlong combine Crunch and Shadow Claw.
    Then, if you're still up, finish with Drago Meteor.

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    ooo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    25 HP EP 48
    17 HP EP 18
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR • RAIN DANCE

-1 DEF

crunch +
    shadow claw
    draco meteor

dark pulse +
    zen headbutt +
    shadow ball

• ROUND FIVE •

TOP 40:
    nicki minaj - anaconda

FENLONG
    -25 HP
    Now that both Pokemon are relatively low on hit points, it's only a matter of time before one of them bottoms out altogether. Both Pokemon start to glow as they prepare devastating combos, but one can only ask... who will put theirs off faster?

The answer becomes clear. Roswell charges her forehead with black, pink and purple energy before slamming herself face-first into her opponent. Fenlong is launched across the battlefield and slams into a wall of liquor bottles. Glass and booze flies everywhere. Fenlong is finished.
    ROSWELL
    -18 EP

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    FENLONG
    m
    rock head
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    0 HP EP 48
    17 HP EP 0
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

PAR • RAIN DANCE

-1 DEF

NOTES:

• Nicki Minaj comes to an end as A Tribe Called Red starts playing instead. Yep, we've got some Tribal music playing! The retractable roof opens and Hailstones begin to decimate the Gym
    TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU to release and command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 17th November 2014 at 01:30 PM.

OK, you fought well, Fenlong. Now go my Male Sigilyph Montezuma with Magic Guard Ability!

Montezuma, Air Slash until she's down.

If she tries Skill Swap, Protect.
    If she Protects, on the other hand, Light Screen. If she Protects again, Double Team.

Ros, use Pain Split! Then Dark Pulse and Rock Slide!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    ooo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 100
    17 HP EP 0
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

-1 DEF

air slash
    air slash
    air slash

pain split
    dark pulse
    rock slide

• ROUND SIX •

TRIBAL:
    a tribe called red - electric pow wow drum

MONTEZUMA
    -6 EP

As Hail peppers the battlefield, Mikachu makes his next selection. With a flash of light, a beautiful winged something-or-other takes to the field. The newbie beats his wings hard, sending an invisible razorblade whipping through the air. It leaves quite a gash on Roswell's face, but she closes her eyes and starts humming. She forms an invisible conduit between herself and Montezuma and tries funneling some health her way...

...but instead she just keels over. Looks like she didn't have enough health to bankroll a move that taxing.
    ROSWELL
    -10 HP
    -7 HP FATIGUE
    FORECAST: HAIL [FINAL ACTION]
    MONTEZUMA is safe from the Hail thanks to his Magic Guard. The inclement weather comes to an end and the Gym's roof closes.

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    ROSWELL
    f
    analytic
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 94
    0 HP EP 0
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

-1 DEF

NOTES:

• New song already! Any Country fans in the house? No? Welp, here's some Dolly Parton anyway
    TEAM GREYFOX to release and command next

Whoa, nearly flinched to that Pain Split. Thank heavens it didn't make it!

Oi vey, kinda fell off the planet for a bit there. Anyway, it's battle time, so let's go with Shin!

SHIN
    F
    @Protean

Let's try out this ability, shall we? Start out with a nice Rock Slide, followed by Night Slash and Shadow Sneak!
    -Grey

A Greninja, huh? Cool!

I... really hope nobody's forgetting anything. Montezuma, do Psychic!
    Not sure how the ability works, but I'll let us make ASB history and Ice Beam!
    End this round by lulling around a Hypnosis.

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 94
    100 HP EP 100
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

N/A

TYPE: WATER/DARK

psychic
    ice beam
    hypnosis

rock slide
    night slash
    shadow sneak

• ROUND SEVEN •

dolly parton - jolene

MONTEZUMA
    -7 EP
    Grey recalls his fallen alien and sends a new Pokemon onto the field—and by new Pokemon, I really mean a new Pokemon. With a flash of light, a dextrous froggy with a dashing tongue scarf hops into battle. Shin begins by waving her arms around in the air, apparently trying to achieve some sort of effect, but nothing happens. Meanwhile, Montezuma glows red and tries to unleash some Psychic goodness upon her opponent, but the type chart has other plans.

That was a productive turn.
    SHIN
    CAN'T MOVE!
    MONTEZUMA
    -8 EP

As Shin continues flailing with great vigour, Montezuma lets off a blue-white energy blast. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage to the Water-type froggy, but at least it does something.
    SHIN
    -5 HP
    CAN'T MOVE!
    MONTEZUMA
    -4 EP

Shin is 0/3 for attacks as her next move doesn't achieve its desired effect. Friggin' Dolly Parton. She spoils everything. Suddenly, Montezuma locks eyes with his opponent and begins to exert a strange Psychic influence over her. Shin's eyelids grow heavy and she soon flops over. Don't let the dance floor bugs bite.
    SHIN
    SLP
    CAN'T MOVE!

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 75
    95 HP EP 100
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

SLP

NOTES:

• The Country effect is my favourite
    Last edited by Oslo; 30th November 2014 at 03:59 PM.

This dance... Montezuma, cool it down with Ice Beam!
    Then Icy Wind.
    Pluck ends this round.

This country station makes Sleep Talking impossible, so we're gonna hafta wait out this sleep spell. Shin, when you wake up, fire off a barrage of Ice Beams!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Greninja gets Snore in ORAS!

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 75
    95 HP EP 100
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

SLP

ice beam
    icy wind
    pluck

herp
    derp
    ice beam

• ROUND EIGHT •

dolly parton - jolene

MONTEZUMA
    -8 EP

As Shin dozes, Montezuma lets off another sparkling Ice Beam, which doesn't do as much as one might like. But you take what you can get.
    SHIN
    -5 HP
    CAN'T MOVE!
    MONTEZUMA
    -4 EP

Shin's nap-time remains uninterrupted as a frigid breeze gusts through Combat Disco. The froggy's ligaments grow stiff as the chill sets in. Just like me at the bus stop earlier this morning. *grumbles*
    SHIN
    -3 HP
    -1 SPD
    CAN'T MOVE!
    MONTEZUMA
    -17 HP
    -4 EP

Finally, Shin awakens. Huzzah! She's greeted by Montezuma attacking with that technicolour forkish thing hanging out of his ass. Yowch. She responds with a retaliatory Ice Beam, which does way more damage than the previous Ice Beams that were used this battle. Because type.
    SHIN
    -8 HP
    -8 EP
    SLP NO MORE
    TYPE: ICE

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    83 HP EP 59
    79 HP EP 92
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

-1 SPD

NOTES:

Last edited by Oslo; 8th December 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Ice Beam barrage!
    -Grey

I'm feeling fast! Montezuma, Fly away!
    Then, Flash!

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    83 HP EP 59
    79 HP EP 92
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

-1 SPD

fly (up)
    fly (down)
    flash

ice beam
    ice beam
    ice beam

• ROUND NINE •

dolly parton - jolene

MONTEZUMA
    -3 EP
    Since Dolly Parton has hacked away most of Shin's movepool, the froggy decides to pursue one of the few options she has: Ice Beam! She shoots off a cool blast of energy, but Montezuma darts up into the air and evades the attack. Tricky psychotic bird thing.
    SHIN
    -8 EP
    MONTEZUMA
    -17 HP
    -4 EP
    FRZ
    Shin waits until Montezuma is back in range. Sure enough, the Sigilyph comes swooping down from Combat Disco's ceiling and lands a hard physical strike against ninja frog. Shin maintains her composure and lets another Ice Beam fly. This time, ice crystals form around Montezuma's body, Freezing him solid. Cue Shin busting out into a jolly rendition of "Let It Go."
    SHIN
    -11 HP
    -8 EP

MONTEZUMA
    -17 HP
    CAN'T MOVE!
    Not much Montezuma can do now. Shin, meanwhile, lets off another Ice Beam. The cold penetrates Montezuma's icy tomb, making her an extremely unhappy camper.
    SHIN
    -8 EP

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    49 HP EP 52
    68 HP EP 68
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

FRZ

-1 SPD

NOTES:

• While Frozen, there is a 20% chance every action Montezuma will thaw out; additionally, if he is struck by any Fire-type move, he will be freed
    Last edited by Oslo; 8th December 2014 at 01:47 PM.

Heat Wave until you make it out of ice!
    After that, Roost!
    If you still have an action, Toxic!

Rock Tomb, Ice Beam, Toxic.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    49 HP EP 52
    68 HP EP 68
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

FRZ

-1 SPD

heat wave
    roost
    toxic

rock tomb
    ice beam
    toxic

• ROUND TEN •

dolly parton - jolene

MONTEZUMA
    -9 HP
    -8 EP
    -1 SPD
    FRZ NO MORE
    As the battle continues, Montezuma finds a way out of his icy prison: heat! What a crazy and novel solution! Warm air radiates from his wings, melting the ice, and with a quick flap Montezuma sends a Heat Wave blustering toward Shin. Being an Ice-type, Shin takes a hefty portion of damage. She retaliates by enclosing her opponent in a tomb of rocks. Not fun.
    SHIN
    -15 HP
    -4 EP
    TYPE: ROCK

MONTEZUMA
    -17 HP
    +15 HP
    -13 EP
    ROOSTED
    Once again the faster Poke on the field, Shin fires off another Ice Beam. The cold creeps through Montezuma, who decides he could use a little R&R. He finds a cozy nook on the ground and begins to regain health.
    SHIN
    -8 EP

MONTEZUMA
    -8 EP
    TXC
    Time to get icky. Both Pokemon vomit up Toxic globs and spit them at the other. However, only one of them ends up getting Poisoned. Try to guess why!
    SHIN
    -8 EP
    TYPE: POISON

MONTEZUMA [-0 HP] takes no damage thanks to Magic Guard.

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    38 HP EP 23
    53 HP EP 48
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

-1 SPD • ROOSTED • TXC

-1 SPD

NOTES:

• I feel like this round would make a great mock reffing
    Last edited by Oslo; 10th December 2014 at 04:49 PM.

Let's try three Blizzards!
    -Grey

Montezuma, use Hypnosis!
    Then, double Air Slash!

Master Trainer

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    vs.
    TEAM GREYFOX

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    38 HP EP 23
    53 HP EP 48
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

-1 SPD • ROOSTED • TXC

-1 SPD

hypnosis
    air slash
    air slash

blizzard
    blizzard
    blizzard

• ROUND ELEVEN •

dolly parton - jolene

MONTEZUMA
    -19 HP
    -4 EP

As the ref slowly begins to realize that Country starts out as an interesting effect but then eventually restricts the battlers' movepools to the point where things get a little repetitive, Shin unleashes a fierce Blizzard. Because he's Roosted, Montezuma takes regular damage, which is still pretty darn strong what with Protean's auto-STAB and everything. Montezuma then fights back by lulling his opponent back to Sleep with Hypnosis. Methinks he won't be out for long.
    SHIN
    -9 EP
    SLP
    MONTEZUMA
    -6 EP
    ROOSTED NO MORE
    As Shin dozes, Montezuma hits him up with a fearsome Air Slash. The razorblades of leave gashes across Shin's body. So much for that spread in Maxim she's been dreaming about.

The Roost effect ends as Montezuma ascends into the air once more.
    SHIN
    -10 HP
    CAN'T MOVE!
    MONTEZUMA
    -6 EP

Rinse and repeat. Montezuma unleashes another Air Slash with more or less the same effect as the first. Shin starts to stir. It doesn't seem like she'll be asleep much longer.
    SHIN
    -10 HP
    CAN'T MOVE!

MONTEZUMA [-0 HP] takes no damage thanks to Magic Guard.

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM MIKACHU YUKITATSU
    xoo
    TEAM GREYFOX
    xoo
    MONTEZUMA
    m
    magic guard
    SHIN
    f
    protean
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    19 HP EP 7
    33 HP EP 39
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

-1 SPD • TXC

-1 SPD • SLP

NOTES:

Last edited by Oslo; 21st December 2014 at 02:23 PM.