Thread: ASB Approval Tower

Default ASB Approval Tower

The Approval Tower

Welcome to the Approval Tower: your first step in starting out in ASB! Please read the following rules carefully and don't be afraid to ask a Moderator if you are confused. Although we eat children, you shouldn't fear us.

Rules

• You may start out with ONLY 4 pokémon (lowest level only: Charmander, Hoothoot, Spheal, Skorupi, etc.)
      • Two of your four starter pokémon must have the ability to evolve (Ex: Farfetch'd, Tauros, Cubone, Staryu).
      • There are a select set of rare pokémon that cannot be a part of your starting team. They include the following:
        • Legendary pokémon and Ultra Beasts of any kind, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Dratini, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, Beldum, Bagon, Cranidos, Sheildon, Gible, Tirtouga, Archen, Deino, Tyrunt, Amarua, Goomy, Type: Null, or Jangmo-o.

• To capture a pokémon, it will cost 2 points. You will only be able to capture basic pokémon, not including the following:
      • Legendary pokémon and Ultra Beasts of any kind, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Dratini, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, Beldum, Bagon, Cranidos, Sheildon, Gible, Tirtouga, Archen, Deino, Tyrunt, Amarua, Goomy, Type: Null, or Jangmo-o.
        • Burmy, Caterpie, Weedle, and Wurmple only require 1 point to catch.

• Once the catch is approved, you will not be able to change the gender or the ability of the pokémon in question!

• To evolve a pokémon, they must either knock out one pokémon with 51% or more of their health remaining, or participate in two or more battles. You do not have to pay any points to do so.
      • To evolve a pokémon to its third form, the pokémon must participate in two or more battles.
      • Certain pokémon, however, will not require battle experience to evolve, because their movesets are so limiting. You will instead need to wait 3 full days after catching the pokémon to evolve them. These pokémon include:
        • Beldum, Burmy, Caterpie, Combee, Coscoon, Kakuna, Kricketot, Magikarp, Metapod, Silcoon, Tynamo, Weedle, and Wurmple.
        • In the case of Nincada's double evolution. If you want both evolutions you must participate in two battles.

• If a forfeiting has been done on purpose and said battle is used for a battle experience/point gain link, it will be deemed null.
    • When you decide to evolve a pokémon, links from the battles need to be provided.
    • When you decide to evolve a pokémon, that pokémon cannot be participating in the Safari Zone, a contest, or any battles at the moment (ex: If I wanted to evolve my Charmander into a Charmeleon but he's involved in two battles, I cannot evolve him until he's done with both matches).
    • You can rename your pokémon at any time; there is no need to update the Tower whenever you do so.
      • Abilities, however, cannot be changed unless your pokémon is evolving or there is a specified event where this is allowed.
      • Genders cannot be changed whatsoever.

• Pokémon native to Kanto can now be caught in their Alolan Forms. However, a Kanto native pokémon cannot evolve into its Alolan form if it has an Alolan variant (ex: If I have a Kanto Rattata, I cannot evolve them into an Alolan Ratticate or vice-versa).

That should give you a basic idea for now. Enjoy, have fun and don't hesitate to ask any questions!
    Last edited by Greyfox; 22nd December 2016 at 10:33 AM.
    -Grey

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: ASB Approval Tower

Well, looks like I'm going to be the first "customer" here, so I'm going to spend the 5 AP I got here on a couple of new Pokemon and an ability change for one I already have, without further ado:

Salandit (F)
    Nickname: Medea
    Ability: Corrosion

Comfey (F)
    Nickname: Leilani
    Ability: Triage

Nidoking (M)
    Nickname: Lord Longhorn
    Ability: Sheer Force (it was originally Rivalry)
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

You are approved.
    -Grey

I Finnished last Moderator

I'd like to get approved three Pokemon I got from The Giveaway HERE and HERE.

Einsönne (Female Golisopod) Emergency Exit
    Puff (Male Drampa) Berserk
    Taivaanpala (Minior) Shields Down

Approved.
    -Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Not that it matters now but do to the Giveaway here I received five AP

Pichu| Sparkman|Male| Static
    Bonsly| Goldmember|Male Rock Head
    Happiny| Hygieia |Female| Serene Grace
    Alolan Sandshrew |Slushberg| Male |Slush Rush
    Alolan Vulpix|Snowy| Female| Snow Warning

Also apparently I have 5 points so lets see here I'll catch a Squirtle and a Pichu as well as a Burmy. Paid for here

Squirtle| Leonardo |Male | Torrent
    Burmy| Mothman| Male| Shed Skin
    Roggenrola|Stonepillar Ruins|Male|Sturdy

Not that it really matters do to the general lack of activity around here, but I figured I would do a bit of updating in regard to my ASB team.

Edit Right now that we don't have to pay points for our Pokémon to evolve it's time for me to do just that.

Right from Charles Legend VS Mikachu Yukitatsu Ref: My grind is nuts?

Exeggcute| Newton Woods |Male| Chlorophyll ->Alolan Exeggutor|Newton Woods|Male|Harvest

Sewaddle|Lief Wiggler|Male|Overcoat ->Swadloon|Lief Wiggler|Male|Overcoat

Murkrow|Trill|Male|Super Luck -> Honchkrow|Trill|Male|Super Luck

Gligar|Goliath|Male|Hyper Cutter -> Gliscor|Goliath|Male|Hyper Cutter

The moon made of Cheese: Charles Legend VS BTPoke Ref DL

Shieldon|Helmasaur|Male|Sturdy -> Bastiodon|Helmasaur|Male|Sturdy

Kentucky Male Torchic Speed Boost -> Kentucky Male Combusken Speed Boost

Oya Female Chinchou Volt Adsorb -> Oya Female Lanturn Volt Adsorb

Luna Female Buneary Run Away -> Luna Female Lopunny Cute charm

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 18th July 2020 at 01:52 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates