Thread: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame

Hybrid View

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 2nd Biannual Election - Voting Phase

The Fanfiction Hall of Fame
    2nd Biannual Election
    Voting Phase

The Fanfiction Hall of Fame is a hallowed shrine for only the greatest members in all of Fanfiction. It serves as a reminder of everything that those who built and developed the Fanfiction forum have done throughout our history. This sacrosanct place exists for the sole purpose of honoring those who have given so much of themselves to make Fanfiction better for all of us. And it is ready to accept its newest inductee.

You, the members of Fanfiction, must decide who is most worthy of a spot in the Fanfiction Hall of Fame. The final step is to elect one of the finalists.

This is not an honor to be taken lightly. Fanfiction Hall of Fame inductees should be people who have contributed significantly to the prosperity of Fanfic, both in their writing and in additional initiatives.

~~~~~~~~~~

Voting will last two (2) weeks from the time of this post. Each member may vote for a total of one (1) other person for this award in the above poll.

Once the voting period is complete, the finalist with the most votes will be inducted into the Fanfiction Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie, the tied finalists will proceed to a runoff vote to last one (1) week.

Please do your best to ensure that the greatest Fanficcers have the opportunity to be honored in the Fanfiction Hall of Fame.

Finalists

dratinihaunter13

dratinihaunter13 came to TPM on October 10, 2000, making him one of the oldest members in Fanfic. He has posted six major pieces on TPM: Marty's Pokémon Conquer the Elemental League, Damon's Menace, Checking In, Bohemian Rhapsody, My Holiday Trip, and Me Llamo Es Richard. His poems include Say It or Disappear; Teach Me to Remember; SelfHelp; Saving Friday; Meltdown; Asleep Afloat; Ominous Clouds Out; So so; I Knew; Swimmer, Young and Drowned; Baby Let's Just Lie Together; the Affair anthology; and numerous untitled pieces. Marty's Pokémon Conquer the Elemental League is often credited with launching the trainer fic scene at TPM, and Damon's Menace is widely regarded as one of the strongest fics on TPM.

dratinihaunter13 held the position of Fanfic moderator longer than anyone else on TPM, from the early years of Fanfic to 2007. During that time he guided many new moderators behind the scenes and oversaw countless Fanfic Awards. He also played a large role in activities such as Secret Santa and the 2003 Mod Contest. dratinihaunter13 continues to post his original fiction on TPM, providing an example for less experienced writers to follow.

Master of Paradox

Master of Paradox came to the forums on June 6, 2005. He was one of the most well-known Yu-Gi-Oh! fanficcers of his time, writing a total of seven pieces. Master of Paradox was best recognized for creating the Shadow Realm series upon which several other users' spinoffs were based. That series included Shadow Realm: Fifteen, Shadow Realm: Blasphemy, and Shadow Realm: Silence; Master of Paradox also created the poems My Guest, an untitled poem, Lament of a Headless Man, and his epic piece, Yu-Gi-Oh: Tilting the Balance.

Gavin Luper

Gavin Luper joined TPM as Spinarak II on April 1, 2001; he changed his alias to Shellshocker before settling on his current name. He has served as editor-in-chief for four issues of the Fanfiction Forum E-zine and contributed four E-zine articles as well. Gavin Luper has published 24 creative works on TPM. His full-length fics and one-shots include Pokémon: Kohtu, Lisa the Legend, The Crystal League, ~Zephyr~, Dane Orion, The First March, Only Human, The Chain of Destiny, The Keystone Conspiracy, Holloway, The Silent Man, Uninvited, The Weatherman and Paint. He has also written poems such as Woman of the Earth, Daimler, Beware Poisons, The Choices, White, Portobello Girl, Everything and Nothing, Burning Ear, Crop's Cream, and the Puppetslaves United anthology. Lisa the Legend is considered by many to be TPM's best fanfic.

Gavin Luper has managed the Fanfiction Reviewer Organisation since reviving it in 2003. He has also hosted many of the Silver Pencil and Golden Pen Awards, and has won numerous Fanfic Awards over the years. He suggested the idea for the Fanfic Trivia Game and co-founded the Fanfiction Hall of Fame. Gavin Luper has been a Fanfiction moderator since July 2004.

PancaKe

PancaKe joined TPM on February 15, 2001 as Lavern, later using MistyDeeDee and Mist as aliases in turn. An eager member, she quickly made a name for herself as a talented writer and enthusiastic reader. PancaKe is responsible for over 36 literary works on TPM, such as And It Will Heal Through Time, Echoes, Stuff that is not known, Clinging, Countless, Jealousy, Bored, Maths, My Science Teacher Hates Me, Dandruff Dictator, Unwelcomed, Apart, Giving Everything, One Way Street, 24 / 7 Job, All The Same, Never Making Yourself at Home, Angst Of Times, carry the cross, Both of them, Her Job, Replaced, Too Far In, Support, November, Living in Pichu's House, Lapras Valley High, Lapras Valley High 2, Full Moon, This Fic IS Big Enough For The Both Of Us! (co-written with Last Exile), North, Say Hello To Sunshine, shedding.light, A Hidden Innocence, Apart From Them, and numerous untitled poems. Lapras Valley High remains one of the most famous fanfics in TPM history.

Promoted to Fanfiction moderator in early 2003, PancaKe posted the Fanfic 101, which later became the revised Fanfic Rules. She founded Smiley Town, helped run the 2003 Mod Contest and started the 2004 Chain Fic. During her tenure as moderator, which ended late in October 2005, PancaKe hosted the Fanfic Awards numerous times and won a large number herself. She was also notoriously active in The Writer's Lounge where she posted numerous polls and discussions, injecting the forum with a palpable vibrancy.

Damian Silverblade

Damian Silverblade joined TPM on April 24, 2000 under the name Big Bad Pokémon. One of Fanfiction's most successful fantasy writers, many know him best for his multi-book saga, The Greater Evil. He, along with Timarelay and Rapidash Rider, formed the Fantasy Trio. The trio later expanded and became the Weavers of Destiny, a group designed to promote Pokémon fantasy fanfiction. Damian's works included The Greater Evil: Books I-IV, Guilt and Vengeance, Past Unperfect, Tale of the Seven, Awakening the Earth's Fire, Tears of the Planet, Amber Reflections, As the Shadows Fall, Lavender, In Light of Darkness: Books I & II, The Blood Tamers, and Ambition's Debt.

Damian Silverblade served as a Fanfiction moderator twice: for a few months in early 2001, and from summer 2001 to late 2002. He was well-known for tightening lenient rules relating to flaming, and he managed a temporary version of TPM on EzBoard during a financial crisis in 2002.

(finalists ordered randomly)

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 2nd Biannual Election - Voting Phase

Congratulations to Gavin Luper, the newest inductee into the Fanfiction Hall of Fame!

You've earned it, man. Way to go!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

Let me be the first one to congratulate Gavin. As a writer on TPM, I look up to him, and I'm sure many others do to. This is something you truly deserve. Congratualtions.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Congrats Gavin!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Congratulations, Gavin! I think your profile speaks for itself, and I don't have much to add to that praise.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

The second addition to Fanfic's Hall of Fame is the Wonder from Down Under, Gavin Luper.

Cheers to you this time, Aussie-boy. Good job.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well, this was definitely nice to come home to.

Thanks very much for the honour, guys, and for your nice comments. It does mean a lot to know that my TPM peers think this highly of me and my writing.

*sticks feather in cap*

Yup, that made my night.

Cheers, all.

- Gavin.

...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.