Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Forums

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: War of the Forums (#2)

I read that and I was like, "Brian? Half drunken? Now that's author's license!"

Awesome work man, this is going off! Good call with making Martin an old man too! (Sorry dude but it's funny!) And all the rest was great - funny and self-deprecating! It's been quite some time since we had a new, light-hearted, totally uncomplicated comedy fic about the place; this really is so cool.

Bring on the next page!

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

*looms from out of the shadows* *waves furiously* HEY! MR. P! I like this, ish funnysome!

Evidentially everyone else has already said stuff, so I shall not bother trying to rejig what other people have said. But yes, I like it. It's always fun choosing anime characters to represent real people. ^_^
    Sneaky question: Will I be in later on?! *bounces up and down excitedly*

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Solar Blaze Wizard Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Well...that was...

I mean...this is clearly...

Um, yeah, I got nothin'. Way to go Senor Pika!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinoryu
    I shall not be out-nerded!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Gavin: Actually, I describe myself in that way occasionally. The things people do when they're too tired to think...

I was originally going to have Martin be a dinosaur (haha), but I never could find one that fit the whole "TPMers as anime characters" theme. I think this fits better, anyway.

As for it being uncomplicated... heh... no comment. But it should still maintain some humor, even during the serious moments. If that makes any sense at all.

Weasel: Yes, the whole selection process is very fun. Some characters are coming later (and some much later) that I hope will leave you all laughing.

And that wasn't very sneaky, by the way. Shame, shame! *wags finger*

starjake: Your speechlessness says a lot! Thanks for the compliment, starjake. ^_^
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

For Dinosaurs, there was that prehistoric episode in Shopping Arcade. :p

Otherwise, Martin as the old man Hokage, Lord of the Monkeys.. Or perhaps it would be more right to say Lord of the Dratinis. Very entertaining little strips. ^_^

ASB Team

Want an ASB banner for your team? Want just a plain banner? Well the Saffire's Banner Shop has reopened! There are new ASB banner styles, so new and old requestees, check it out!

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis
    New Chapter up Nov. 22, 2006

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Saffire: Hey, thanks! You know, for a project like this, it's great to get a compliment from a Fanart mod. ^_^

Yeah, I'm aware of the dinosaur part of Abenobashi, but you just can't get much reference material from a single episode. Plus, I was trying to keep it to one-character-per-show, and if you recall the cover page... in any event, I'm glad you find this entertaining, Saff!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

God, I'm just picturing a toy dinosaur calling you a drunk... @_@

It's still good, and you can really see drastic improvements, especially in the background and arrangements, though it was only one away from the first one. Yup, self-deprecating humor is like the ambrosia of comedy. Not exactly sure what that entails, but whatever... Keep it up, is probably what I should say before I ramble.

So, keep it up.

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

fireguardian: Jeez, now I'm picturing that dinosaur from Toy Story calling me a drunk. Look what you've done!

Yeah, I told you the aesthetics got better quickly. There will be a lot more variety than this in the future, starting in #4.

Hopefully this will be a good step toward "keeping it up"!

#3: I'm a laughingstock! Seriously, though, this really sets up the relationships between a few of the major characters. (C'mon, they're the mods! Obviously the mods will play a decent role!) Perhaps their opinions will change in the future... we'll see.

Also note that this is the first time a true "silent frame" is used for effect. This will reappear at more dramatic points later.

And finally, I refer to a DDoS here. That stands for "distributed denial of service," which floods the resources of systems such as forums. Little computer lingo, there. Get your fill of it!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Geekier-than-thou. Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#3)

For what it's worth, Bob and George, the great-granddaddy of sprite comics, is still going, though it's apparently going to end soon. Depends on if you trust Anez to end it like he says he will.

As for the comic... Well, not so much funny, but plot-related, and, well. If Gavin goes Krusnik, I will be a very, very amused reader. Here's hoping.
    スタートの合図 叫べ心 求めるまま
    窮屈で半端な日常は 飛び越えてやる
    ダッシュして輝く未来 ぜんぶ手の入れるさ
    信じてる絆を抱いて 賭けて行く明日へ

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Hinoryu: Hmm, didn't know that. I'll have to check out that one.

Yeah, I suppose this one didn't have quite so much comedy. Nonetheless, it had to be done. And a bloodthirsty Gavin would definitely be something to see, wouldn't it?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Smile Re: War of the Forums (#3)

Interesting ... two more characters are introduced and we get to see a little more depth. Plus that frame just no dialogue does push the thing along. But like I said before, this story is a entire mystery to me.

And I have a question.
    How many characters (a.ka. TPM Members) will be in this story?
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Inferno: Things should become a lot clearer in #4. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

And to answer your question... a lot.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I didn't even know about this until Sage told me

lol, that character is totally different from me when it comes to physique. I'm a brunette with perfect eyesight and...*coughs*...not so big assets

This is turning out to be pretty cool though
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

TML: Hey, Becca! Good to see you! I was wondering why you hadn't replied yet. ^_^

With that character, well, I went with what worked. You can feel free to take it as a compliment if you like. I hope you continue to find it cool in the pages to come!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

This is cool, hehe. I'm amused by your choice of character for dh; it's very appropriate, and I think you've got his personality just right. Self-deprecating humour is also awesome. The technique you used in # 1 is cool. # 3 wasn't as funny, but you've got my character right. Japanese schoolgirl all the way. Except I don't blush. Ever. When I saw Gavin's character on the poster, my first thought was Damian Silverblade, although he's not here any more... interesting choice. I do like his background though, suits an Arts student perfectly (but I can't talk...) I liked hte silent frame.

That's about it, I guess... heh, this is a fun fic, and it's awesome how everyone on the forum can enjoy it.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Mr. Paranoia, eh?

Nice (chapter? page? chapter-page?) one. The comedy and the mystery flows seamless. Even just the simple thing of a no-dialogue panel presents the story in a great way. I'd ask you to clarify whether it's going to be a comedy or a drama, but honestly I think I'll enjoy just reading through and not worry about genre. I can already see that this is gonna be a story that I'm gonna actually keep up with.

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Ada: Hehe, I thought that'd work well for ol' Martin! I'm glad you liked the technique in #1, but it was more from necessity due to my laziness at the time than anything else. As for #3, it is a little weaker in the comedic sense, but I think it does a lot to set up some things.

As for your character, it seemed to fit. Some things may be taken to slight extremes later (oxymoron alert!), but it should still work.

fireguardian: Yes, Mr. Paranoia. That goes way back, originating in a Binary District thread where I asked whether TPM had been hacked. (Turned out the "hack" was just some minor glitch.) I haven't exactly had that nickname since, but I think a few people keep that in mind whenever I report any suspicions.

Call the sections whatever sounds best. I'm sticking to "pages," but "chapters" is an equally viable term. Also, I'm glad you think the tone is working well. That was one of my concerns, as there are going to be some shifts, and I've had trouble with that in the past. To be honest, I'm not sure whether it's really a comedy or a drama. Maybe it's both.

...What would that be, anyway? A comerama? A dramedy? Ah, well. Whatever the case, I'm glad you're reading!

#4 will either come out tomorrow (well, today, since it's after midnight now) or Monday. I'm going to my parents' house for Easter, so if I get back too late, the next part won't come out until the day is done.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

"Dramedy" is indeed the word for it, actually. And #3 was a good example of "dramedy". Silent comic panels are always awesome... they convey so much in their weird little ersatz-y way. Your improvement as you advance through the story is also evident, even though there've only been 3... thingies. Pagechapterthingsyeah.

So, yeah. Keep some more--what's our ten-dollar word, children? Dramedy!--coming, mr_pikachu.
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 8th April 2007 at 12:45 AM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Phoenixsong: Hehe, thanks! It sounds like everybody loves the silent panel... And I'm glad to find out that I know something, apparently. I would look smart if it wasn't obvious that I was guessing.

Admittedly, part of my "improvement" was the fact that I wasn't entirely serious at first. But from #4 on, it's all business, baby!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

No, the character is cool. I actually had to look up what the show was about and now I want to watch it ^^

At least you got my personality down. No nonsense and all that fun stuff
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey Mr P - I've given this a....read *thinks* no. look. Erm. I've given it a view. It's very tongue-in-cheek humour and it's very simplistic, which is a great (and often tough) way to make people laugh but you're doing it well.

I have to say though, since otherwise I'll feel confused forever - I don't quite get it. Like...I get it, but....it feels as if I'm thrown midway into a story, given that there's no sort of establishing anything in terms of characters, place, etc (characters are introduced, but it's still feeling as if we've only half met them).

They're kinda more like .. sketches from a comedy or something. I can't see them interweaving and making a coherant plot since so far there has just been 6 frames per 'episode' or chapter or whatever and each issue has very little depth. Is it some following some comic genre-based setup I'm unfamilliar with?

Chris.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Chris: Well, I appreciate the compliment! I just hope that things keep going as well as they are now.

As for the confusion, it is sort of following a plotline design... see, part of the goal was to get people to stay long enough to see #4, because it starts to explain some more of what actually happened. As for the background of this world, that will be explored eventually, but it's not quite as important as clarifying what the heck is going on.

And yes, you've only half-met the characters you've seen thus far. It's hard to fully develop six characters in the span of 18 panels!

#4: Can you guess who these two characters are? Those of you who know your Fanfic trivia should be able to get both of them.

Either way, check out the use of multiple pictures! Only the ones in frames three and four are the same. I was beginning to get more serious about it at this point... if I remember correctly, this was the third of about six or seven pages I did in one sitting.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Heh. I bet Ichigo is Blademaster (kinda fitting, since Ichigo carries a sword with him and all) because the reference to the I syndicate. As for the other guy (I forgot what his name was ^^;; )... err... no idea.

What fic has the character peeping an alien girl? Can't say I remember it.
    Please take it easy~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

darktyranitar: Heh. I bet Ichigo is Blademaster (kinda fitting, since Ichigo carries a sword with him and all) because the reference to the I syndicate.
    Interesting theory.

What fic has the character peeping an alien girl? Can't say I remember it.
    ...I can absolutely, positively guarantee that you've read it. Very recently, in fact.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Whilst it's pretty I just don't get it

I can't tell who's who easily

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Crystal Tears for the sword person perhaps? After Chris 2.0's TPML, where Crystal had her own little gang. It was called something with Syndicate. I'll probably be completely off, but I wanted to go ahead and post this.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Wow these are really good. Also in answer to your questions I would always think that a sword toting maniac would suggest Blademaster, but you always don't make things that easy

Any way good job on your work I hope to see more

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm very sure Ichigo is Blademaster. Note the second char said: "Well, I... Syndicate?"

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    ...I can absolutely, positively guarantee that you've read it. Very recently, in fact.
    Hm... what could it be...

Ooh, I got it! I got it!

That's Mega Horny! Right? Right?!
    Please take it easy~

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Brian.

Pages 3 and 4 were both good, very good in fact. Hoorah for making an appearance, though I totally didn't expect that guy to be me, heh. (DDOS? I wondered what I was on about for a second.) Though the schoolgirl does seem to kind of fit Ada for some reason. Anyway, it was cool! Nice humour again, too, with the third one - self-deprecating and a totally accurate portrayal of our modding relationships (um - I mean - *cough* - fictional?). Care to explain who the hell my anime guy is, though? I feel so uninitiated!

Btw, I'm taking a stab at the characters in the latest page being Dark Sage and Mega Horny. Or Blademaster. Or ... PANCAKE! Yeah, that's right, I don't think I have a clue!

Till next time!
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 9th April 2007 at 10:25 AM.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

This comic is moving too fast, but when MH told me that he and I appeared in the fourth comic, I just HAD to reply.

So... where to begin...

Comic #1: ...Go, Becca. 9/10 on the Laugh-o-meter.
    Comic #2: Mr_pikachu got owned. By some creepy old monkey-guy. 7/10 on the Laugh-o-meter.
    Comic #3: Mr_pikachu got owned. Again. By a school girl, this time. 6.5/10 on the Laugh-o-meter.
    Comic #4: I almost killed Mega Horny! Cool! 8.5/10 on the Laugh-o-meter.

Overall rating thus far: 7.75/10 on the Laugh-o-meter.

Keep it up, Bri.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Cool Trainer

Hmm...I'm most likely wrong, but I'm definitely going to guess Blademaster for Ichigo (go Bleach!). As for the other guy (who the heck is that?)...well, he sort of looks like me, but I highly doubt Senor Pika knows what I look like (oh, so you're the one who's been stalking me!). So, um...yeah, what fic has involved peeping alien females?

You know, there's just something...wrong...about that last statement...

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Andrew: Do you mean that you don't get the whole thing, or just #4?

Either way, perhaps I should get to work on a character list of some sort... Still, everything is explained through some sort of reference. It'll get a little clearer momentarily for those of you who aren't sure who's who.

MLG: Actually, I didn't think of that. ...Unfortunately, since I didn't think of it, that means it's wrong. But good idea! ^_^;;

CEB: Well, when your characters aren't always named explicitly, sometimes you have to make things a little simple. Ehehe. Regardless, I'm glad you like it so far!

darktyranitar: Hmm, could that be right?

Gavin: I'm glad you're enjoying it! Yes, that's exactly where we all stand. ^_^ And your anime guy is Abel Nightroad, from Trinity Blood. He's a Krusnik, by the way... I'll let you look up that term if you're really interested.

And your new nickname shall be Mr. Clueless. Maybe.

Blademaster: Well, somebody's sure of himself, huh? You think you're a big, muscular swordsman? Love the ratings, either way. And I'll definitely try to keep it up!

starjake: No comment on your guess. And yes, the last statement is wrong. Very, very wrong.

#5 coming later today!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    I'll definitely try to keep it up!
    Sorry, this is the kind of thing I notice.

And crap, I'm the lame trenchcoat guy? I'da even preferred friggin' Genbu, personally, but, I won't jump the gun.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#4)

Mega: ...Wait a few pages and you'll really be frightened.

Believe me, your character fits your personality more than you may think. *grins wryly*
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#4)

#5: This comic reveals a lot of the backstory. It also helps set up the relationship between two characters who will play big roles in the future.

And we've all heard the "Don't leave home without it!" tagline, right?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Smile Re: War of the Forums (#5)

Interesting, this comic seems to get better every issue. Although I don't yet have the grasp of who is who in the panels, I will find out but I won't let that bother me. I am having to much fun reading the comics than to stress myself out finding out which character is which.
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: War of the Forums (#5)

Who are the characters? Like a pic of their character and their names... what's the overall thing about?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Inferno: Well, it's good to hear that you still like it! After seeing your response, I started working on a character guide that will be added to the first post.

Andrew: Started working on it before even seeing your post. Hang on a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Table of Contents and Character Guide
    Last edited by mr_pikachu; 9th April 2007 at 09:59 PM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer

Y'know, now that I think about it...forget Master of Paradox. I'm frightened of what you might turn me into. Am I that flaming meteor you showed in the opening page?

Great; I'm a chunk of rock flying through space.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Hehehe. I like that planet. I've spent a lot of time there myself.

And a character list with spoilers! ^_^

So this is going to develop a plot? I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭